**Merged** All Things Undertaker/Sting - KEEP IT IN HERE!

Can undertaker vs. Sting be a 5-star match

• No, they are too old

• Of course They can still put on a 5 star match

• No, but it will still be a good match.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
...could Sting v.s Undertaker be the main event of WrestleMania? In my eyes it probably would be if it was made official. The anticipation (even right now) is huge, everyone is talking about it. The crowd would be so hot, waiting for the match, thinking that they were apart of something truly historic. It'd be more than happy to have it go on last, what an occasion it will be.

Moderator's Note: Ok, about a million and one Undertaker/Sting threads have been created already and I'm going to consolidate them all here. Therefore, anything involving Undertaker and Sting in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM needs to be put in this thread. Additional threads will grant the creator an immediate infraction... skipping the warning.

I actually hope for it! It's been a dream match of mine for the longest time. Sure, they are both old and not in their best but they can still put on some awesome matches. It would probably be the most hyped match of all-time too by the way.

Agreed with Ryder. This has been a huge dream match for me. I love the idea, just thinking about it. Too bad it will not happen. It should but I don't see it happening. WWE wants Taker vs Barrett for some odd reason. I understand they want to do it because Nexus burried Taker but still, they could drop that shit for Sting vs Taker. I read on a dirt Sheet today, that Sting has signed a one year contract with the WWE. I am not sure if it is true but if so than this would be the perfect year for this match. It would be that one big Wrestlemania match they have every year. I just don't think WWE wants to do this because it would have to much hype and wouldn't live up to Taker's matches the past two years.

I'd love to see it personally. And for sure all the old school and hardcore fans want to see it. But I'm not sure if the new school fans and children that make up the majority of the WWE Universe nowadays would be as into it though, mostly because they more than likely have no idea who Sting is. Nevertheless, if the WWE can somehow pull this match off then I will definitely have no complaints. I'm not sure if it would be the main event but it would probably be one of the upper card matches, should it happen.

Uhh...no.

First of all, I STILL don't understand why Sting vs. Undertaker is supposed to be some kind of dream match. Because they both wear black clothing? Other than that, I don't see what's supposed to link the two wrestlers in any way. They wouldn't even work well together, and the match would be average at best.

Second of all, there is NO WAY Vince McMahon would let Sting come into his promotion and main-event Wrestlemania. NO WAY. Sting would have to put in a few years before that would ever happen.

Finally, Sting has always said he would not work for Vince McMahon. Perhaps for a one time thing, and the opportunity to be remembered forever in the Hall of Fame, may make him change his mind (as it did Bret Hart), but to the best of my knowledge Sting is still holding strong on not working with Vince.

If it is Sting...I wish they would debut him a little sooner. 2/21 to 4/3 only gives a little over a month to hype this mega-match. Either way it will be awesome...Undertaker against anyone but Sting will be a let down now.

I could see an angle where Sting tries to find Undertaker to "resurrect" him. This would be leading up to Wrestlemania. Sting could play up some kind of story that he needs to bring back Undertaker to make Wade Barrett pay for what he did to Undertaker. However, when Sting finally finds him and brings him back, the two end up fighting at Wrestlemania.

I think they COULD tie the Sting storyline into the anonymous GM story. It would be pretty simple to say that Sting is/was the GM.

If the 2-21-11 video is Sting's debut then WWE just has to have Sting fight Taker at WM27. Sting vs Taker at WM27 is a huge money maker for WM and WWE. I'm telling you folks that 2-21-11 video is the debut of Sting watch.

I really do hope that it does happen. It would be a solid match. Yes, both men aren't in their primes. Even with that said, both men know how to put on a great match. Taker, as old as he is and as broken down as his body is can still go to some degree. Sting imo can still put on a match.

I think the reason that this match is wanted by so many is because of their backgrounds. Both are dark characters. At the time Sting was at his peak he was a dark mysterious character. You never knew where his loyalties where until he sided with WCW. He was the silent good guy. Who didn't talk, and left everyone questioning. Taker has been the darkest character in WWE/F over the years. He's always had some since of mystery to him. (If you don't count the time as the American Badass.) Wondering what he's going to do.

I also believe that Sting has had to take a second look at WWE. They are not the same company that they were ten years ago. They've toned everything down. If Vince can come to terms with Bret Hart, I believe that he can make it work with Sting. Which I'm hoping for.

Sting said he wouldn't work with wwe because he saw how they booker t and he was afraid how he was going to be used that was when he signed with tna. Everybody has a price too and correct me if I'm wrong if wwe signed sting what would you have him do wrestle jack swagger give me a break. What a dumb comment skyfox696

I just dont see STING coming in and ending the streak. It doesnt make sense to me. I think anybody UNDERTAKER faces he is going to beat them. I think if STING does come back and this dream match up does occur he has to lose. Takers streak means alot to sooo many people. Thus making STINGS return weak to me. Have him all built up to beat the Taker to just lose. I think he would lose a ton of momentum after Mania. If he does come into WWE and actually face the dead man.

The plans seem to be pretty set for this coming year.
Undertaker vs Barret seems to be a lock. Im gonna take the safe bet and say its Undertaker returning.
I have heard the Sting contract rumor too, but if I was Vince I would let this marinate a little. A 1 year contract should start after WM27. They could give Sting some of the smaller matches to start with, maybe give him the title at some point, but let him get used to the promotion and traveling again. Then let him face Taker at WM28 to finish off both of their careers and both can go into the HoF.

Think about it, he could play tweener for a bit. If Cena takes the title from Miz he could fight Cena. If not then tag with him. Fight Jericho if and when he comes back. He has some history with Big Show, so they could work together some as ally or enemy. I could see a Nexus/Corre feud. There is so much potential. They play it safe with Sting and Taker in the ring and both are liable to put on a better match with bigger hype next year. Not that I wouldnt love to see Sting (I am in the fron row where the seats start getting elevated, so I will see all) so I would love anything right now.

Absolutely. The "change" most people said they wanted, the "new faces" they claimed to want...they got it. Turns out they didn't really want "change" and "new faces" after all. The Miz "sucks", Alberto Del Rio "doesn't deserve it", Lawler is a "selfish old man stealing the spotlight"; they didn't want Swagger and Sheamus, either, and don't care very much about Nexus, the "new" Nexus, or The Corre. Most people just want the usual Cena vs Orton type of PPVs they've always gotten and are comfortable with.

The only "outsider" that the fans want and WOULDN'T turn on is Sting. He's a living legend, somewhat mysterious for never having been in the WWE, and Taker vs Sting is a dream match that tops just about every fan's list and has for the past 12 years or so.

Add to that the fact that if it does happen it might be the only time we'll ever see Sting in the WWE, so more fans will order and watch WM27 than they would have if Sting wasn't on the card, just to see HIM and perhaps his one and only WWE appearance.

No Triple H? No Jericho, no HBK, no Batista; fans bored with Cena and Orton, and not buying the "new faces" Miz, Alberto, Sheamus, Swagger, Nexus and The Corre, etc.

Taker vs Sting wouldn't just overshadow the whole PPV, it would bury it.

...could Sting v.s Undertaker be the main event of WrestleMania? In my eyes it probably would be if it was made official.

Pretty much answered it yourself there. IF it came to be then it would undoubtably be the main event of a Wrestlemania. Let's be honest people have been talking about it forever (or when WCW went out of business, feels like forever in my head). It is one of what people refer to as "the last dream matches" and people would flock in droves to come see it, it'd be one year in recent memory Vince would have no trouble with views and buys, I know the kids may not buy into the phenomenon but guys who haven't watched for years etc.. surely would.

Uhh...no.

First of all, I STILL don't understand why Sting vs. Undertaker is supposed to be some kind of dream match. Because they both wear black clothing? Other than that, I don't see what's supposed to link the two wrestlers in any way. They wouldn't even work well together, and the match would be average at best.

The match probably wouldn't be all that, but as someone brought up in another thread Hogan and Rock, Hogan and Warrior, Goldberg and Lesnar were all poor matches, it's if the prior booking gets asses in seats, they can hate the match all they want as long as they came to see it really.

The way I have always viewed them is as being similar if outside the ring. They are/were the two paragons of respect in their respective companies. As much as you never hear people with a bad word against taker, I feel the same can be said with Sting honestly. It's like a wrestler match, the one match all the guys in the locker room would probably all mark out for. Their weak character similarities aside, it's the fact their careers have eluded each other until this point, that is what would make the match special.

Second of all, there is NO WAY Vince McMahon would let Sting come into his promotion and main-event Wrestlemania. NO WAY. Sting would have to put in a few years before that would ever happen.

I'd say there are a few situations where Vince is willing to overlook a non-homegrown talent coming in and dominating from the get-go, Goldberg for example. I think Vince respects some guys unequivocally like the takers and michaels, hence why they are off on legends contracts working effectively part-time. In my eyes he would respect a guy that has evaded his management his entire career and managed to be the monumental success that he is. This isn't the same guy who in Paul Heyman's words "stole Bret Hart's dream and bought himself an airplane", I think with his age Vince has learned to supress his ego and gain humility. I honestly believe if Sting entered now he could skip the early transitional period and go straight to the big times, after all he is 51, I don't think he could afford to wait too long anymore.

Finally, Sting has always said he would not work for Vince McMahon. Perhaps for a one time thing, and the opportunity to be remembered forever in the Hall of Fame, may make him change his mind (as it did Bret Hart), but to the best of my knowledge Sting is still holding strong on not working with Vince.

This is easily the most important factor. It's basically will he go back on his word, will he lose peer respect if he does? But in concordance with what you said about Bret, I'm sure if you had asked the guy if he'd ever be back in 1998 you'd have a blank stare and a slap to the face. But like I said Vince has changed, he's not out winning royal rumbles now, he here putting over nexus and other young guys. I think Sting could go back on his word and strike a deal with THIS Vince McMahon. All Sting effectively needs is one run, 21/2/11 up until mania then he can retire, enter the HOF and have a lavish end to his perfect career. I don't think that making a deal with McMahon is any longer equated to a deal with the devil, I know I'd personally lose no respect for Sting if he changed his mind. I guess 21/2/11 is the deciding factor, for me if it is simply Undertaker on that day, then it never will be Sting.

I could easily see a Sting vs The Undertaker much at WrestleMania if this turns out to be sting.

The only thing is, I truely would not see Sting as a threat to the streak. I honestly think (Keeping kayfabe here) that if Shawn Michaels could not beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania twice, then what chance does Sting have? Is his facepaint going to make him that much more awesome? Seriously, I just don't see how he's going to be able to end the streak especially if he's just gonna walk in out of complete nowhere and beat The Undertaker. Really? Come on.

Besides The Undertaker, I really don't see him facing anyone else at WrestleMania which I think is sad because as crappy as it seems, we, the IWC community go on about fueds being cut randomly and we really should see why The Nexus, led by Barrett helped Kane and buried the Undertaker at SS. I think we need to see the resolution and the undertakers reaction to the Nexus's actions.

Also, why do all these Sting fan boys want Sting to come to WWE? You should have just fucking appreciated him when he was in TNA, seriously, he's going to be the same Sting in WWE. It doesn't take a promotion switch to appreciate someone's work.

I guess 21/2/11 is the deciding factor, for me if it is simply Undertaker on that day, then it never will be Sting.

Exactly. If it is Sting. Then Ill shit my pants. It is probably Undertaker. I cant imagine STING ever being in a WWE ring. An if he does. The idea of him facing UNDERTAKER is unbelievable. Itd be shocking. But it feels like February is a late start to get the TAKER/STING feud going.

Lets play devils advocate for a second and say Sting HAS signed with WWE for One year...And lets say the 2.21.11 videos are hyping his debut...Why, then, does everyone think its a lock that he's facing Taker at WM 27? So, he signs for a year then they IMMEDIATELY have his dream match with Taker then what? He wallows around for a year having meaningless feuds with Nexus, Cena, probably HHH, then rides off in to the sunset..So Vince just spent 15 years trying to get him and wasted the one year he had with him.

When WWE signed Goldberg for a year, their dream match was Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg..Stone Cold wasn't active anymore so Lesnar/Goldberg won by default...Now, had the MSG fans not turned on the match, The Match itself could've been epic.. But what if WWE debuted Goldberg the Wrestlemania BEFORE that and threw in Goldberg vs Lesnar...Their money match, gone and Goldberg has nothing to build up to for that year except a lame duck World Title run(which I guarantee you Sting WILL have if he signs)...So WWE signed Goldberg but there were Two feuds Vince wanted to happen in the build up to Goldberg/Lesnar...That"s Goldberg/Rock and Goldberg/HHH.Once Goldberg went through those two THEN he'd be ready for Brock Lesnar.

So why, would Vince McMahon immediately throw away his dream match If he knows he has Sting until next Wrestlemania..Why not sign Sting for a year, have HIM on Raw and Taker on SD...Keep them away from each other for the most part...Sting could be Raw's #3 face behind Cena and Orton since HHH won't be wrestling as much...Sting can be in a program with Cena, Nexus, Sheamus, even Triple H himself if he turns heel("You were NEVER good enough for MY Company!" Epic) while The Undertaker takes his usual time off to heal..Then around Survivor Series, start planting seeds..Maybe a segment..Maybe Sting saves The Deadman from a beatdown..SOMETHING..Then have them both at the Rumble..Not IN the Rumble..But at the rumble..Sting's a lil more emotional on the mic So i'd have him do the talking..Have him talk about how all he heard in WCW was how everyone wanted to see Sting vs The Undertaker..But he never gave in.. He says how much he respects The Phenom and how people often compare the two..

Then have Sting come out the next night on Raw 2012....Have him say the FANS want to see Sting and The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.. Have him tease it for a few weeks with no answer kinda like HBK did last year..Then finally, the Raw after next year's EC PPV, The Undertaker shows up on RAW to accept Sting's challenge for Wrestlemania 28...It'll definately Main Event..You could throw in another Career vs Streak since you know Sting is leaving OR you could just leave it as a regular match leaving the door open incase Sting sticks around.

As for this year? I think Sting should show up on RAW for a HOF Induction..The only way I see him competing at Wrestlemania is if they book Sting and The Undertaker vs The Corre which isnt likely..Although Sting could always play an Enforcer type role in the Miz/John Cena or Undertaker/Barrett match, I definately, no matter if Sting signs or not, do NOT see Sting and The Undertaker at WM 27..So it happens, where do you go from there? WWE needs to be smart..If you give away your money match in the beginning, what will you have left for the end? I'm sorry but Sting vs John Cena at WM 28 is not as appealing as Sting vs The Undertaker.

So, what do you think? Interesting?No? Please give thoughts and explain.

The reason The Undertaker and Sting should face off at Wrestlemani 27 is because they are old. Who knows how much they got left in the tank. I'm really hoping that they do face off because it has been a dream match of mine since I was little and bearly started watching wrestling. They can do a fued between the best of WWE vs the best of WCW. Your thoughts are interesting but very unlikely and I really doubt that Sting will be in the WWE for a few years. I think it's going to be a short term thing for him maybe a year to a year and a half.

IF Sting does show up in the WWE, I don't think he automatically has to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Sting has always played the role of defending the underdog well, like how he singlehandely fought off the nWo when they were taking over WCW. IF he is to appear on 2-21-11 that means he would appear on Raw. The biggest badest faction right now would be Nexus. Sting could come in to fight against those guys, however Orton is not the type of character that you come in to help. Cena on the other hand would've fit the role of face in peril that needed Stings help perfect.

Not sure where they would incorporate Sting, but I agree, it doesn't have to be against Taker.

there is a lot of risk in that scenario... i thought about it too but you risk putting off a money maker (That is desperately needed now) for a year and who knows if both guys will be available then. Like the previous poster said both are up there in age and also injuries are commonplace in the WWE why risk it. I think they've learned their lesson with both Hogan Flair and Lesnar Goldberg you gotta strike while the iron is hot or you run the risk of it cooling to the point where no one will care.

Undertaker's opponent is already set for WM27. Besides you need a longer build up to have Sting fight Taker at WM. Sting is debuting Febuary 21st which is about 6-8 weeks out from WM. 6-8 weeks is not a long enough build up for Sting to fight Taker at WM. I say let Sting win the WWE Title against HHH at Summerslam then Sting holds onto the belt until WM28 then drops the belt at WM28 to Undertaker. That is a perfect way to end Sting's WWE run since he only signed for a 1 year contract. Plus put Sting in the HOF the night before WM28 as well.

Vince wants this WM to be the highest grossing ever. A WM headlined by the impossible Sting vs Taker just might do that. If Sting has signed, it is logical that it is a 1 year contract. That means it will run out in February of next year. If you have Sting vs Taker, you have to have it at Mania.

Plus, just because Sting vs Taker is the cake, it doesn't mean there isn't plenty of frosting to go on top. Sting vs Cena...Sting vs Orton...vs HHH...vs Miz...vs Barrett...vs Punk.

With your post, it sounds like you think he can only feud with Taker. There are so many feuds Sting has never had because he has never been in WWE.

I like your scenario but one main reason is that this is in Atlanta this year. home of WCW. I can see them doing a back to back though like taker did with HBK.

I to can't wait for this to happen. It has been my dream match since I was a little feller. However if they did wait til next year it could be built up. They could build it up from 2/21Taker come back and Sting be shown in the rafters.

Man the potential this storyline could have and it would draw money. Much like Rock vs Hogan did. I mean this has been a dream match before the rock was even around.

I never said he ONLY had to feud with The Undertaker... But thats the match that people have wanted for years now before anyone wanted to see Austin vs Hogan or Rock vs Cena..They wanted to see Sting vs Undertaker..If that is his first match as a WWE Superstar then what's left? Sure he could feud with Nexus, have matches with Punk, Miz, Cena, Orton, and even HHH but the aura of the Undertaker/Sting match is gone..Fans have nothingelse to look forward too.. It's one of the VERY few actual "dream" matches left in professional wrestling..Why not milk it for aslong as you can while Sting's under contract and then send him out against The Phenom...I will BE at Wrestlemania 27 in my birthplace of Atlanta, Georgia so theres nothing i'd like more than to see Sting and The Undertaker headline.. But from a storyline and logical point of view, theres so much more money that can be made from having it NEXT year.

I can see your point Gifted Music, but I think you said it yourself. People have already been waiting years for this matchup. If WWE has the chance why put it off any longer. It already has so much natural build up, they don't even need a storyline for it. I'm sure they will put something together, but why wait for these 2 to get any older when we, as fans, would pay top dollar to see this tomorrow if it were announced today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back