AFL Thread - 2010

I wouldn't grab Mumford this year. I just don't think he is the consitent player that he should be. How about Patrick Ryder. He had a period in the middle of the season he averaged over a 100 in DT, he must be some worth in Supercoach.
The only thing is with the ruckmen, all of them are inconsistent, or injured. Sandilands and Petrie are both injured, Mumford, Mcintosh, Jamar and Ryder are all inconsistent, they can get 40 on eweek then 140 the next week. I think I might just stick with Jolly, anyway I'll probably trade out Pavlich and Hayes, neither of them are playing this week, I just need to figure out who to get. I was thinking probably getting Swan and Stevie J in, i've got enough money to do it, so why not?

Hahah yeah. I honestly cant think of a real weak link in the team. Leigh Brown has actually done pretty good as a back up ruckman this year. I mean he isn't exactly getting the stats but he is doing is job VERY well. Altho, I think if they were to take someone out it would have to be Travis Cloke. He cant get a set shot unless it's outside 50. But he is a good hard body done there so it would be hard getting rid of him.
Well Presti's out injured now, and they dropped Medhurst (surprise surprise) and Lockyer, who I think has actually been doing his role quite nicely. I can understand bringing in Ball and Goldsack, both great players, but they've also brought in Anthony. Personally, I think he's a dud and shouldn't be playing for their team if they want their best team available. I just don't understand why they would bring in Anthony for Medhurst, as imo Medhurst is a better player and by playing him in the side, they can get him into form for the finals.

True he was a basketballer. I just figgered the coaches down in Adelaide were that ******ed that they didn't know he isn't using his body. Personally I think they should get rid of the whole coaching staff. Neil Craig has done nothing but brought his supposedly 'top 4' team down to the bottom 8.
Maybe Craig thinks he's a high flyer? It makes no sense, but Craig seems to be pretty crazy anyway. I think Craig will stay on, but if he doesn't improve next year he could get the Mark Williams treatment, and get sacked midway through the year. I don't even know what's wrong with their team, I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe sacking their whole coaching staff, probably around 10-20 people, is a little bit too much though. :p

I don't. I think Gary will go up there to support his brother and make his 1.5 million dollars a year, while his dad Gary Snr will go up there and watch every game. Nah the Cats are getting older. All there midfielders except for Joel are not under 26. Josh Hunt cant go much longer. There only remot young talent would be Joel Selwood and Andrew Mackie. Ottens will retire this year. They don't really have any young talent.
I still think Gary will stay. If he does, he will be captain of Geelong one day, thats a lock. I still think Gazza seems likes a loyal guy, and won't leave for the money, and I think he enjoys playing with Geelong too much. As for the Cats aging, they brought in three new kids in the Dogs game, and they seemed to play really well and have a real sense for the game. Menzel's even staying in the team for this week's game, so they've got some young prospects too. And their older blokes have still got a few years left in them.
Well I am predicting maybe a number 1 or 2 draft pick will get him. He will be in the top 5 I reckon. Haha yeah hopefully some favours. I need my go to be there. However I am playing WAFL next year :). He plasy full forward but thats beacuse he can mark every ball, I would prefer him in the midfield if we were losing but we are currently undefeted after 13 games and just beat the second top team by 88 points. No lies. I play Centre/Rover (same thing). Also a fun fact, Paddy Ryder and Harry Taylor come from our club, I'm not even lying check it out if you want. Rover football club.

Hhahaha Oh did you know. Should give it a go now. What possie you play?
Oh nice, he's got to be a good player. But if I get him in Supercoach, and he costs me a finals spot, I will hunt you down. :p WAFL? Nice. You must be pretty good then. So you have to get a lot of the ball, and if you're going to play in the WAFL in the midfield, then that's a pretty good achievement. So you've got Ryder, the ruckman/forward, Taylor the backman and Pippen the rover? Sounds like a good team to me.

I used to play forward pocket, but I always handed it off to the other guys, because they're much better players. Yeah, each year we always ended up winning the GF easily, and would usually go undefeated, so it sounds like your team at the moment. But good luck in the finals when you get there mate!
Anyways. How do you think the Gold Coast will go next year? I don't think they will make top 8, but with young guns like David (is it david) Swallow then they will soon be in that top 8 soon enough.
I know it's cliched, but a team of champions does not make a champion team. Despite the fact they've got heaps of guns, they haven't been destroying the VFL, have they? I think they will however sneak into the top 8, but they won't have a chance for the flag.

And Krakouer's now announced that he's leaving, but not saying where he's going. So you think he's going to the Gold Coast? I think it would be stupid for him not to go there. He'll automatically be in the leadership group, and he should be one of their better players and play all the games at least in the inaugural season unless he's injured

The only thing is with the ruckmen, all of them are inconsistent, or injured. Sandilands and Petrie are both injured, Mumford, Mcintosh, Jamar and Ryder are all inconsistent, they can get 40 on eweek then 140 the next week. I think I might just stick with Jolly, anyway I'll probably trade out Pavlich and Hayes, neither of them are playing this week, I just need to figure out who to get. I was thinking probably getting Swan and Stevie J in, i've got enough money to do it, so why not?

Yeah so true. However David Hill seems to be very consitent when he plays but he gtes injured alot which I don't like. I think Kruezer will dominate next year, I picked him this year but he fucked me over big time.

Well Presti's out injured now, and they dropped Medhurst (surprise surprise) and Lockyer, who I think has actually been doing his role quite nicely. I can understand bringing in Ball and Goldsack, both great players, but they've also brought in Anthony. Personally, I think he's a dud and shouldn't be playing for their team if they want their best team available. I just don't understand why they would bring in Anthony for Medhurst, as imo Medhurst is a better player and by playing him in the side, they can get him into form for the finals.

Yeah I have no idea why they put in Anothny in. He will be there fourth big man down in the forward line which isn't good seeing as big men usually lead. Medhurst is a very smart player and I am disappointed he got dropped. If he was given the chance and got his confidence up then there forward line would be just as dangerous as there midfield.

Maybe Craig thinks he's a high flyer? It makes no sense, but Craig seems to be pretty crazy anyway. I think Craig will stay on, but if he doesn't improve next year he could get the Mark Williams treatment, and get sacked midway through the year. I don't even know what's wrong with their team, I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe sacking their whole coaching staff, probably around 10-20 people, is a little bit too much though. :p

Yeah only a little :p. I just think they have to many young people to try and support the team. They have Thompson, Rutten and Van berlo being there only real good leaders out there. I think give them a few years and they will be climbing the ladder once again.

Oh nice, he's got to be a good player. But if I get him in Supercoach, and he costs me a finals spot, I will hunt you down. :p WAFL? Nice. You must be pretty good then. So you have to get a lot of the ball, and if you're going to play in the WAFL in the midfield, then that's a pretty good achievement. So you've got Ryder, the ruckman/forward, Taylor the backman and Pippen the rover? Sounds like a good team to me.

I gurantee he will take you to the finals. He can just leap to high and kick to straight to not take you there. Well technically if you call colts for the WAFL club being in the WAFL then I am. Hopefully I can play some reserves later in the year. Oh and was it just me or did Taylor deserve the Norm Smith medal last year?

I used to play forward pocket, but I always handed it off to the other guys, because they're much better players. Yeah, each year we always ended up winning the GF easily, and would usually go undefeated, so it sounds like your team at the moment. But good luck in the finals when you get there mate!

Oh I see. I am sure you weren't that bad. If you were on the field for a undefeated team then you must be doing something right, right? Yeah they start next week so should be good.

I know it's cliched, but a team of champions does not make a champion team. Despite the fact they've got heaps of guns, they haven't been destroying the VFL, have they? I think they will however sneak into the top 8, but they won't have a chance for the flag.

So very true. But I hate the fatc they spent so much money on 2 players who haven't even played footy before. Just because they dominate the NRL doesn't mean they will do the same in AFL. They will do ok, but wont be stars.

And Krakouer's now announced that he's leaving, but not saying where he's going. So you think he's going to the Gold Coast? I think it would be stupid for him not to go there. He'll automatically be in the leadership group, and he should be one of their better players and play all the games at least in the inaugural season unless he's injured

Obviously he is going to the Gold Coast, I cant think of a place he would go to other than that. He could come back to WA but I doubt it, we have nothing to offer him compared to Gold Coast.

Also Freo will probably lose this week. Resting players like Pav, Hill, Fyfe etc. I think it is a good move as you would want the stronger side out at home instead of having a half strong side away from home. But will they beat Carlton the next week? Should be interesting.

Wow, I am really not a fan of the Suns, plainly because the one year Brisbane do shite, Suns have all the draft picks, therefore no bonuses for Brisbane. I think they will do well, maybe even get into the top 8, but that is unlikely, they will be like Melbourne, Melbourne will probably be really good within the next 5 years sheerly because they have the young players with capacity. Also, on a side note. Will any of you watch the Ben Cousins documentary? I sure as hell will, he is one of my all time favourites. Drugs or no Drugs, he is a phenomenal player!

Reactions: Tim
Yeah so true. However David Hill seems to be very consitent when he plays but he gtes injured alot which I don't like. I think Kruezer will dominate next year, I picked him this year but he fucked me over big time.
Yeah i'm grabbing Kreuzer as my first ruckman next year. Actually, probably him and Sandilands will take care of the ruck department. Kreuzer would have dominated this year if not for his injury, but if he doesn't play well next year Warnock could easily take his spot in the side, he's been playing great since he got the chance.
Yeah I have no idea why they put in Anothny in. He will be there fourth big man down in the forward line which isn't good seeing as big men usually lead. Medhurst is a very smart player and I am disappointed he got dropped. If he was given the chance and got his confidence up then there forward line would be just as dangerous as there midfield.
Well Mick even knows Medhurst is a good player, and Mick said that it was his own fault he didn't play well, because he made Medhurst play in the VFL for too long, but then he gets sent back there. It makes no sense, but then I guess Mick's a bit crazy. But like I said, getting him in form for the finals would be a very smart move for Collingwood, instead of giving games to guys like Anthony who won't add any more variety, and will probably get in the way more than he will help.

Yeah only a little :p. I just think they have to many young people to try and support the team. They have Thompson, Rutten and Van berlo being there only real good leaders out there. I think give them a few years and they will be climbing the ladder once again.
And then you have injuries and retirements, guys like Edwards and Goodwin not in the team, and you realise that Adelaide is a very young team, and will be so for the next few years. But maybe they'll become like the Demons this year, they'll get into form in a couple of years when all the youngsters get some experience into them. Once they do, and if their current side doesn't deviate too much, they'll be in the finals sooner rather than later.

I gurantee he will take you to the finals. He can just leap to high and kick to straight to not take you there. Well technically if you call colts for the WAFL club being in the WAFL then I am. Hopefully I can play some reserves later in the year. Oh and was it just me or did Taylor deserve the Norm Smith medal last year?
Ok i'll trust you for him. So is he a pack mark, or a lead up type of guy? And dude i'm sure you'll get to the reserves at least if you try. Yeah, I didn't really notice Chappy too much last year, and Taylor in my mind played much better than him. Taylor is one of their key players, and the fact they can play well without him just shows how dominant they really are.

Oh I see. I am sure you weren't that bad. If you were on the field for a undefeated team then you must be doing something right, right? Yeah they start next week so should be good.
Well yeah, I was ok. I did my role, which was to get the ball and hand it off to the others. The good thing about me was that I was really hard to tackle, not that I was fast, I could just easily slip out of a tackle, so it was easier for me to get the ball then hand it off.

So very true. But I hate the fatc they spent so much money on 2 players who haven't even played footy before. Just because they dominate the NRL doesn't mean they will do the same in AFL. They will do ok, but wont be stars.
I like the idea that they've put Hunt down the back, because this shows they'll think about their strengths and not just put the big guys as forwards so they can get attention. I haven't really watched any Suns games though, so I can't comment on them. If they both become stars, then the money and the gamble becomes worth it. But I think like you said, they will do good, but not great. The money was way too much for two guys like that, why not spend that money on reliable guys that can and have played well?

Obviously he is going to the Gold Coast, I cant think of a place he would go to other than that. He could come back to WA but I doubt it, we have nothing to offer him compared to Gold Coast.
Also Freo will probably lose this week. Resting players like Pav, Hill, Fyfe etc. I think it is a good move as you would want the stronger side out at home instead of having a half strong side away from home. But will they beat Carlton the next week? Should be interesting.
Yeah, he'll go to the Gold Coast. I can't see why he would even be interested in West Coast, no offense, but apparently he is. He would get a much better deal at the Gold Coast, and will probably get more of a say at Gold Coast.

If Freo can win, which I seriously doubt, then it shows that they have depth to their side. However they won't win. It is a smart move like you said, because by the time they get back, they'll have at most a five day rest, and the guys with soreness will probably become absolute certainties not to play. The only thing I don't understand is that people are calling it tanking. How the hell is it tanking? They would rather win this game than lose it, so there is no way in hell it's tanking. I think Carlton will win next week, especially if what i've seen so far in the game is any indication. They played extremely well in the first quarter, and actually matched up to the Cats. If they can play like that, then they will beat Freo.

Wow, I am really not a fan of the Suns, plainly because the one year Brisbane do shite, Suns have all the draft picks, therefore no bonuses for Brisbane. I think they will do well, maybe even get into the top 8, but that is unlikely, they will be like Melbourne, Melbourne will probably be really good within the next 5 years sheerly because they have the young players with capacity. Also, on a side note. Will any of you watch the Ben Cousins documentary? I sure as hell will, he is one of my all time favourites. Drugs or no Drugs, he is a phenomenal player!
Yeah, they'll be like Melbourne. Build up their side over a few years, get the experience into them, then be one of the football juggernauts. If they can get the team as a whole to work together they'll make the 8, but I think they won't get it to work fast enough, and will just miss. As for the Cousins doco, it doesn't really interest me. I love Cousins as a player, but not enough to watch the doco. And anyway, half of it will probably be about the drugs, and I don't really think that's something they should focus on, as he overcame that problem and is now back to his best.

Oh for sure. I will definately be watching it. I love Cousins and am interested to see what it is actually about and if it is worht the hype. Should be interesting, especially seeing all the player interviews.

Yeah i'm grabbing Kreuzer as my first ruckman next year. Actually, probably him and Sandilands will take care of the ruck department. Kreuzer would have dominated this year if not for his injury, but if he doesn't play well next year Warnock could easily take his spot in the side, he's been playing great since he got the chance.

Yeah good idea, I will probably grab Ryder and Kreuzer again. However I am feeling like I should pick Mitch Clark. He has improved dramatically since the start of this season. I think to much hype was put on him this year and they expected to much. I am in a very tough pickle at the moment.

Well Mick even knows Medhurst is a good player, and Mick said that it was his own fault he didn't play well, because he made Medhurst play in the VFL for too long, but then he gets sent back there. It makes no sense, but then I guess Mick's a bit crazy. But like I said, getting him in form for the finals would be a very smart move for Collingwood, instead of giving games to guys like Anthony who won't add any more variety, and will probably get in the way more than he will help.

Yeah sometimes you got to think with Micks decisions. Medhurst was a star only a few seasons ago. You nailed it right on the head. Medhurst is a smarter move to Collingwood especially coming into finals. He brings a new dimension to the forward line and if they were to add him in the first week of the finals, I think he would be so desperate to try and keep his spot he would play the game of his life.

And then you have injuries and retirements, guys like Edwards and Goodwin not in the team, and you realise that Adelaide is a very young team, and will be so for the next few years. But maybe they'll become like the Demons this year, they'll get into form in a couple of years when all the youngsters get some experience into them. Once they do, and if their current side doesn't deviate too much, they'll be in the finals sooner rather than later.

Yeah the retirements of Goodwin and Edwards didn't help the young fellas at all. Again it all is up to Tippet next season to see if he can lead the younger people then Adelaide have a real chance. I know they have older much more expierenced guys but Tippet I believe has to be the one to lead them. He doesn't have to be captain but just lead them.

Ok i'll trust you for him. So is he a pack mark, or a lead up type of guy? And dude i'm sure you'll get to the reserves at least if you try. Yeah, I didn't really notice Chappy too much last year, and Taylor in my mind played much better than him. Taylor is one of their key players, and the fact they can play well without him just shows how dominant they really are.

Ugh well he is both I guess you can say. He doesn't drop a mark, but he is much more dangerous as a leader. If I knew how to put pictures up I would show you what he is like. Yeah I didn't notice Chappy either. Taylor kept Reiwoldt to 1 goal! That is crazy.

Well yeah, I was ok. I did my role, which was to get the ball and hand it off to the others. The good thing about me was that I was really hard to tackle, not that I was fast, I could just easily slip out of a tackle, so it was easier for me to get the ball then hand it off.

And I am sitting here wondering why you quit then:disappointed:

I like the idea that they've put Hunt down the back, because this shows they'll think about their strengths and not just put the big guys as forwards so they can get attention. I haven't really watched any Suns games though, so I can't comment on them. If they both become stars, then the money and the gamble becomes worth it. But I think like you said, they will do good, but not great. The money was way too much for two guys like that, why not spend that money on reliable guys that can and have played well?

yeah if they do become stars, which I cant see happening then it was kinda good money spent. But I still think it's alot of money for 2 players that haven't played it before. Yeah why not spend it on people that have played the game and are good already? Then have money left over.

Yeah, he'll go to the Gold Coast. I can't see why he would even be interested in West Coast, no offense, but apparently he is. He would get a much better deal at the Gold Coast, and will probably get more of a say at Gold Coast.

Yeah probably. But I have also heard that Daniel Wells wants to come back to WA. And Eagles are prepared to give up the 4th draft pick for him, so him and Krakour could come to West Coast. Haha doubt it tho.

If Freo can win, which I seriously doubt, then it shows that they have depth to their side. However they won't win. It is a smart move like you said, because by the time they get back, they'll have at most a five day rest, and the guys with soreness will probably become absolute certainties not to play. The only thing I don't understand is that people are calling it tanking. How the hell is it tanking? They would rather win this game than lose it, so there is no way in hell it's tanking. I think Carlton will win next week, especially if what i've seen so far in the game is any indication. They played extremely well in the first quarter, and actually matched up to the Cats. If they can play like that, then they will beat Freo.

WTF! How can it be tanking. They are in the top 8 fighting for a home final. Why would anyone want to tank that? Omg politics these days. Yes Carlton have a very good side. I love the midfield. Especially Gibbs and Simpson. Both great players.

Yeah good idea, I will probably grab Ryder and Kreuzer again. However I am feeling like I should pick Mitch Clark. He has improved dramatically since the start of this season. I think to much hype was put on him this year and they expected to much. I am in a very tough pickle at the moment.
Yeah, Mitch Clark was exceptional last year, and I think he let it get to his head and this year his playing suffered because of it. Not being the number 1 ruckman anymore probably doesn't help him, but I think he is a great talent and that he can do much better than he is doing.

Yeah the retirements of Goodwin and Edwards didn't help the young fellas at all. Again it all is up to Tippet next season to see if he can lead the younger people then Adelaide have a real chance. I know they have older much more expierenced guys but Tippet I believe has to be the one to lead them. He doesn't have to be captain but just lead them.
I don't think Tippet is a leader, more someone who likes to follow orders, and that's the problem. He has to be the leader, and that will only come with experience. I think it'll take him another season to get to his best at least. Speaking of the leaders, who do you think will be the next captain? I'm betting Van Berlo has it wrapped up.

Ugh well he is both I guess you can say. He doesn't drop a mark, but he is much more dangerous as a leader. If I knew how to put pictures up I would show you what he is like. Yeah I didn't notice Chappy either. Taylor kept Reiwoldt to 1 goal! That is crazy.
Nice, I love the guys who don't just stick to the one style. I'd like to see him play now. And Taylor has always been a great player, but the problem is he's in Geelong and gets overshadowed by all the other greats like Ablett, Selwood and Chappy just to name a few. I'm betting he likes it though, he doesn't seem like on who loves the media, but the fact that he can keep opponents goalless or close enough to it, while providing options out of the backline, just proves how damaging he is.

And I am sitting here wondering why you quit then:disappointed:
Because I couldn't kick straight. :p I'm serious. Handballing is ftw. I could only snap, so I got about 10 goals in the season all from snaps or bananas. :D But I wasn't quick or small, so I was a fairly big guy who acted like a small forward. :p

yeah if they do become stars, which I cant see happening then it was kinda good money spent. But I still think it's alot of money for 2 players that haven't played it before. Yeah why not spend it on people that have played the game and are good already? Then have money left over.
And get even better players. The only reason they spent so much was to actually get them to switch codes, and the only reason they wanted them to switch codes was so they could try and entice the rugby fans over to AFL, which I can't really see happening either. Basically, just a huge waste of money when it could've been spent much better.

Yeah probably. But I have also heard that Daniel Wells wants to come back to WA. And Eagles are prepared to give up the 4th draft pick for him, so him and Krakour could come to West Coast. Haha doubt it tho.
I can't remember, is Wells out of contract? Otherwise I can't see North letting him go, unless they get an absolute star in return. They won't give him up for a draft pick imo, he's too good a player. Unless they do a three team trade or something, but then I don't know how that would work anyway.
WTF! How can it be tanking. They are in the top 8 fighting for a home final. Why would anyone want to tank that? Omg politics these days. Yes Carlton have a very good side. I love the midfield. Especially Gibbs and Simpson. Both great players.
We can't even blame this on political correctness, shows how fucked up it is. :p Man, how did you forget Judd. Easily one of their best players week in week out.The best thing to me about Carlton is their forward line when it fires, especially Betts and Garlett. They can do amazing things.

Yeah, Mitch Clark was exceptional last year, and I think he let it get to his head and this year his playing suffered because of it. Not being the number 1 ruckman anymore probably doesn't help him, but I think he is a great talent and that he can do much better than he is doing.

Yeah, it seems to be much easier on him now that he doesn't have to live up to the hype. While we are onto ruckman. Do you feel Nick Nat isn't living up to his potential. I mean I love the guy, but it's like the only time he touches the ball is when there is a ruck contest. He doesn't make it easier for himself. With his speed and athelticism he should be running the other ruckman all over the gorund wile picking up plenty of disposals at the same time. Your thoughts?

I don't think Tippet is a leader, more someone who likes to follow orders, and that's the problem. He has to be the leader, and that will only come with experience. I think it'll take him another season to get to his best at least. Speaking of the leaders, who do you think will be the next captain? I'm betting Van Berlo has it wrapped up.

Yeah he isn't a leader yet, but he does need to become one for Adelaide to advance. Um yeah, probably Van Berlo. Although Bernie Vince could become captain as well. Both great young players. But as you said Van Berlo pretty much as it. Speaking of captains. Who should be captain at Hawthorn? Mitchell or Hodge? I think Mitchell does a phenominal job and I would rather him be captain than Hodge. Hodge is one of my favourite players but just because he is the best player out there for the Hawks doesn't mean he should be captain.

Nice, I love the guys who don't just stick to the one style. I'd like to see him play now. And Taylor has always been a great player, but the problem is he's in Geelong and gets overshadowed by all the other greats like Ablett, Selwood and Chappy just to name a few. I'm betting he likes it though, he doesn't seem like on who loves the media, but the fact that he can keep opponents goalless or close enough to it, while providing options out of the backline, just proves how damaging he is.

Your so right. Taylor just does his thing, he doesn't care about the spotlight. The worst thing is, as you said, nobody really notices him because they have guys like Selwood, Ablett, Bartel etc. I personally think it is better for him that way.

Because I couldn't kick straight. :p I'm serious. Handballing is ftw. I could only snap, so I got about 10 goals in the season all from snaps or bananas. :D But I wasn't quick or small, so I was a fairly big guy who acted like a small forward. :p

Practice makes perfect does it not? I reckon you should start again.

And get even better players. The only reason they spent so much was to actually get them to switch codes, and the only reason they wanted them to switch codes was so they could try and entice the rugby fans over to AFL, which I can't really see happening either. Basically, just a huge waste of money when it could've been spent much better.

Yeah, god Gold Coast made some stupid idea's. However from what I have seen, there rookies are pretty good. But thats in the VFL, lets see how they go in the AFL.

I can't remember, is Wells out of contract? Otherwise I can't see North letting him go, unless they get an absolute star in return. They won't give him up for a draft pick imo, he's too good a player. Unless they do a three team trade or something, but then I don't know how that would work anyway

Yeah he is out of contract and wants to come back the West. So looks like Gold Coast wont get him. I also heard some news that Krakour is thinking about coming back to the West so his family members can help out with his 18 month year old baby.

We can't even blame this on political correctness, shows how fucked up it is. :p Man, how did you forget Judd. Easily one of their best players week in week out.The best thing to me about Carlton is their forward line when it fires, especially Betts and Garlett. They can do amazing things.

Omg I don't even know why I said politics. I must have been in a rush. Yeah I think Judd is there best player, and I still love him. But I just like Kade and Bryce better. Oh yeah when Garlett and Betts are on fire they are on fire. BTW what happened to Yarran. Is he injured or something?

Wow, who would've thought that Fremantle wuold be demolished like that. Sure, they didn't have the likes of Pavlich, Sandilands, Hill and others. But heading into the finals like they are, they can't be losing by 100+ points. The other match today, St Kilda vs Richmond, was a great match, Jack Riewoldt scoring 7, Koschitzke scoring five. It was a great match to watch (although I only watched the second half of it.) what did you think of the 2 matches?

Wow, who would've thought that Fremantle wuold be demolished like that. Sure, they didn't have the likes of Pavlich, Sandilands, Hill and others. But heading into the finals like they are, they can't be losing by 100+ points. The other match today, St Kilda vs Richmond, was a great match, Jack Riewoldt scoring 7, Koschitzke scoring five. It was a great match to watch (although I only watched the second half of it.) what did you think of the 2 matches?

Haha yeah disappointing by Fremantle to say the least. It looks like they have no depth. To be fair though they don't have Pav, Sandilands, Hill, Tarrant, Moribito, Fyfe, Crowley. Which is some of there best players in. I do think they did the right thing though in resting them. They will have a tough game against the blues next week, but they are at home which is a bonus. I didn't see the Richmond vs Saints game because I was playing footy myself. But I heard it wasa close game at half time.

Haha yeah disappointing by Fremantle to say the least. It looks like they have no depth. To be fair though they don't have Pav, Sandilands, Hill, Tarrant, Moribito, Fyfe, Crowley. Which is some of there best players in. I do think they did the right thing though in resting them. They will have a tough game against the blues next week, but they are at home which is a bonus. I didn't see the Richmond vs Saints game because I was playing footy myself. But I heard it wasa close game at half time.

Yes, but being demolished like that is horrible, they may lose their top 4 position. This means that they do not have 2 chances in the finals, and they have to win more matches. Whilst they probably needed to rest their top players, they need to win next week. For their Premiership chances. Whatever they have of that.

Yes, but being demolished like that is horrible, they may lose their top 4 position. This means that they do not have 2 chances in the finals, and they have to win more matches. Whilst they probably needed to rest their top players, they need to win next week. For their Premiership chances. Whatever they have of that.

Nah I am pretty sure last week they lost there chance at a top 4. They have to win next week to have a home final. If they don't win then they finish 7th meaning they have to travel every week. But I do agree with you, 116 points is terrible.

Yeah, it seems to be much easier on him now that he doesn't have to live up to the hype. While we are onto ruckman. Do you feel Nick Nat isn't living up to his potential. I mean I love the guy, but it's like the only time he touches the ball is when there is a ruck contest. He doesn't make it easier for himself. With his speed and athelticism he should be running the other ruckman all over the gorund wile picking up plenty of disposals at the same time. Your thoughts?
Well he seemed to be doing that more at the start of the season, and maybe as a young player he's just getting worn out due to the physicality of the season. Or his opponents realise his game plan, and can just stop him from getting the ball. And with Cox being the 1st ruckman now, maybe he just doesn't know how to play the role of a 2nd ruckman properly.

Speaking of captains. Who should be captain at Hawthorn? Mitchell or Hodge? I think Mitchell does a phenominal job and I would rather him be captain than Hodge. Hodge is one of my favourite players but just because he is the best player out there for the Hawks doesn't mean he should be captain.
Yeah, saying the best player out there would be the captain would mean that the Cats, Swans and Dogs would have different captains. You need to actually be able to lead and have some experience, and not just be a great player. I still think Mitchell should be the captain, but really because the captain does the most work behind closed doors as well as on the field, you can't really say who should be the captain.
Practice makes perfect does it not? I reckon you should start again.
You haven't seen me play. I don't think you'd say that if you had. I wasn't exactly the fastest. Or the most athletic. Or the strongest... :p
Fremantle paid the price for putting practically a seconds side out there, and now will actually have to fight for a home final, and it will all hinge on beating Carlton next week. The fact they got only one goal in the first 3 quarters was disgraceful, and isn't what a top 8 team should be doing. Now all the guys who played will be extremely demoralised, and probably won't play well in the finals.

The Richmond Saints match was great, I think the Tigers put up a great fight, considering they were coming up against one of the best sides of this time. Kozi kicking 5 and being damaging is great for St. Kilda, as it proves that it was worth it keeping him in the side, and he is actually helping the team. And Riewoldt kicking the 7 goals pretty much closes the Coleman race, since Hall only kicked 2, and I can't see Hall winning the Coleman anymore. And what about Goddard's mark in the third quarter? It was brilliant, and probably the mark of the year.

So tonight, the Pies beat Adelaide by 3 points, but they could've easily thumped them. They kicked 6.18, and that could come back to haunt them in the finals. I didn't actually see the match, because I was unfortunately watching the Swans vs Dogs match. What happened to the Dogs? Just 2 weeks ago we were in red hot form, and now we look like we don't belong in the 8. Add to that we've now lost Cooney, probably for the year, and I don't think we can win, or even make the Grand Final. As for Sydney, they are in form now and could go a long way in the finals series. They also have a couple of young guns, especially Trent Dennis-Lane, who kicked 4 goals and was easily one of the Swans best.

Well he seemed to be doing that more at the start of the season, and maybe as a young player he's just getting worn out due to the physicality of the season. Or his opponents realise his game plan, and can just stop him from getting the ball. And with Cox being the 1st ruckman now, maybe he just doesn't know how to play the role of a 2nd ruckman properly.

Yeah he did good at the first half of the season, he was getting is own taps and running the ground. But ever since Cox became big dog again Nick Nat went back into his shell. Hopefully that will change. Once he grabs those pack marks and runs the ground you wont be stopping him.

Yeah, saying the best player out there would be the captain would mean that the Cats, Swans and Dogs would have different captains. You need to actually be able to lead and have some experience, and not just be a great player. I still think Mitchell should be the captain, but really because the captain does the most work behind closed doors as well as on the field, you can't really say who should be the captain.

Well from what I have heard, Micthell does everything around closed doors. So I think he is deserving. I really think he is a underrated player especially with the breakout year Hodge is having and having Buddy and Rioli on the team.

While we are on the Hawks. How much of a disappointment is Roughhead his year. He cant kick a goal and it seems like he and Buddy and running into eachother.

You haven't seen me play. I don't think you'd say that if you had. I wasn't exactly the fastest. Or the most athletic. Or the strongest... :p

Either was James Hird but he was still the greatest to play the game :)

So tonight, the Pies beat Adelaide by 3 points, but they could've easily thumped them. They kicked 6.18, and that could come back to haunt them in the finals. I didn't actually see the match, because I was unfortunately watching the Swans vs Dogs match. What happened to the Dogs? Just 2 weeks ago we were in red hot form, and now we look like we don't belong in the 8. Add to that we've now lost Cooney, probably for the year, and I don't think we can win, or even make the Grand Final. As for Sydney, they are in form now and could go a long way in the finals series. They also have a couple of young guns, especially Trent Dennis-Lane, who kicked 4 goals and was easily one of the Swans best.

I watched the first half, and the Pies weren't doing much wrong. There skills were good but there shots at goal did let them down a bit. I just think Adelaide did a wonderful job at defending. They have shown that they can run with the best in the last month or so (Geelong,Pies,Bulldogs).

Wow, so, Crows put up a great fight against Collingwood, I was at my dads house (who is a crows fan) and watched it. He was screaming at the end, I can't believe they only lost by 3 points.
Now, onto my favourite match this round, Brisbane vs Essendon. Quality, not the greatest match, result, fucking awesome, they have finally won a game! ( I know they beat West Coast, but they are the bottom team, so that doesn't count).Banfield played a really good match, and has topped off a good season in a struggling side. Now let's see if Brisbane can win their last match!!

While we are on the Hawks. How much of a disappointment is Roughhead his year. He cant kick a goal and it seems like he and Buddy and running into eachother.
Buddy's back to his 2008 form though, which is good for both him and the Hawks. But Roughhead seems to be down on confidence, and that's affected his game heaps. I think he should just take a week off or something to try and get his mind in the right place, so he can come back firing for the Finals.

Either was James Hird but he was still the greatest to play the game :)
Yeah, but all the greats had something called skills, and they had something else called footy smarts. Something I didn't and don't have. I'm sure you've got them though. Oh, and if you don't make it to the AFL, i'll hunt you down. Just a little extra motivator. ;)
I watched the first half, and the Pies weren't doing much wrong. There skills were good but there shots at goal did let them down a bit. I just think Adelaide did a wonderful job at defending. They have shown that they can run with the best in the last month or so (Geelong,Pies,Bulldogs).
Yeah Adelaide seem to peak late in the year, but then aren't good enough to get the job done at crunch time, even if they get there. They definately are good enough to challenge the top teams, as they've beaten Geelong and have almost beaten the Dogs and the Pies. They need to be good earlier in the year so they can actually get where they want to though.

So today's matches. The Kangas beat West Coast, in a pretty good match. The Eagles put up a fight for most of the match, but unfortunately just got beaten by the better team in the end. I didn't actually see either of the other matches. But both had the favourite losing. Essendon lost to Brisbane, and that pretty much puts the final nail into Knights' coffin. There is no way he'll coach next season, but I'm not sure who his replacement will be. Probably the assistant coach there. Melbourne lost to Port, and that match featured a superb mark from Liam Jurrah, and you have to ask yourself, was his mark or Goddard's mark better?

And how did your Supercoach/Dream Team go? Both of my teams are in the grand final, and one of them is worth $500! Although the guy who I'm playing in that one did score 2600 this week. Hopefully he won't do so well next week. But I should win the other one easy, since I scored 100 more than the guy i'll be playing next week.

Buddy's back to his 2008 form though, which is good for both him and the Hawks. But Roughhead seems to be down on confidence, and that's affected his game heaps. I think he should just take a week off or something to try and get his mind in the right place, so he can come back firing for the Finals.

Yeah Buddy is in top form. My tip for Coleman next year. Roughhead tho. Needs to get that confidence. He kicked 78 goals ( I think) in 2008. That is fantastic considering Buddy kicked 100+ that year,

Yeah, but all the greats had something called skills, and they had something else called footy smarts. Something I didn't and don't have. I'm sure you've got them though. Oh, and if you don't make it to the AFL, i'll hunt you down. Just a little extra motivator. ;)

Like I said, practise will help you. Haha I doubt I will but we'll see what happens. Oh and I have another prospect that might be going into the AFL next year. His name is Dale Wallum. Played one season with my club which was last year but apart from that he has been playing for his shire I guess you can call that. He has a phenominal leap and can run real quick. Got a good kick on him as well. His dad kicked 25 goals when he was like 34 or something so footy runs in the family.

Yeah Adelaide seem to peak late in the year, but then aren't good enough to get the job done at crunch time, even if they get there. They definately are good enough to challenge the top teams, as they've beaten Geelong and have almost beaten the Dogs and the Pies. They need to be good earlier in the year so they can actually get where they want to though.

Yeah they just need to kick some goals. Thats all that has let them down. It was a low scoring game against the Cats, Bulldogs and Pies. They will be looking for a a forward this year. But I don't know who they can give up for one. Maybe trade Tippet now for a already legit forward instead of waiting for Tippet to try and reach his potential because that might not happen. Maybe Tippet for Roughy?

So today's matches. The Kangas beat West Coast, in a pretty good match. The Eagles put up a fight for most of the match, but unfortunately just got beaten by the better team in the end. I didn't actually see either of the other matches. But both had the favourite losing. Essendon lost to Brisbane, and that pretty much puts the final nail into Knights' coffin. There is no way he'll coach next season, but I'm not sure who his replacement will be. Probably the assistant coach there. Melbourne lost to Port, and that match featured a superb mark from Liam Jurrah, and you have to ask yourself, was his mark or Goddard's mark better?

Personally I think the Eagles were tanking. We had nothing to win if we won and if he loss we were one step closer to that #6 draft pick along with #4. It happens every game. Eagles are doing good first 3 quarters and then suck the last. The has to be no other reason for it.

And how did your Supercoach/Dream Team go? Both of my teams are in the grand final, and one of them is worth $500! Although the guy who I'm playing in that one did score 2600 this week. Hopefully he won't do so well next week. But I should win the other one easy, since I scored 100 more than the guy i'll be playing next week.

Oh nice work. Good luck on the $500. What was your score? In one of mine I lost to make it into the grand final. To be fair I didn't have Pavlich, O'keefe' Hill, Ryder playing and I lost by about 400. He was undefeated all year as well. In my other one I am through to the grand final. However I only got 1800, but then again I didn't have Pavlich, O'keefe and Ryder playing (they were cheap when I got them ok haha). I still have 4 trades left but I can only use 2. It will be hard to see who loses the cut this week. I am sure they wont be happy :p.

Who will you pick next year tho. I don't know but I have a rough idea. I am thinking both Swallows in the midfield (one as an emergency) and Beams in there as well. Probably Gilbert and Broughton down back. Kreuzer as a ruckman and Buddy and Thomas down forward is what I am thinking so far.

Hey Pippen, cheers for the rep. Thought I should make an appearance in the AFL thread.

I haven’t been getting as into this season as usual because of the World Cup and other shit. But, with that said, I’m still pumped for the finals. I’m just hoping my Blues are going to make it. It would be so sad to see them go out this week, right at the end of the season. I’d be gutted. Have to beat Freo!

Well, who do you guys for? What’s your pick for the final/premiership?

I just can’t go past Geelong getting another one. They haven’t been in the past 3 GF’s for nothing and they completely dominated us this weekend. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Saints get a premiership though, they’ve worked pretty hard the last few years to get where they are. Just a pity Geelong has been playing some of the best footy I’ve ever seen the last few years. They’d beat an ’03 Brisbane team I reckon.

Anyways, what’s your tips for this week?

Hey Pippen, cheers for the rep. Thought I should make an appearance in the AFL thread.

And keep on coming in I hope.

I haven’t been getting as into this season as usual because of the World Cup and other shit. But, with that said, I’m still pumped for the finals. I’m just hoping my Blues are going to make it. It would be so sad to see them go out this week, right at the end of the season. I’d be gutted. Have to beat Freo!

With the Hawks beating Freo the top 8 was sealed. Unless you are talking about a home final. Wouldn't it be funny if Freo won and Sydeny lost then Carlton would have to come back to WA to play Freo in the finals.

I am going St Kilda. Here is why. They have the best defense in the game right now. They kept the cats goaless in one half (Cats only scored 3 points). Which is incredible. They did win as well. By a comfortable margin. They also did that without Riewoldt. And with him going full strength into the finals it will be hard to stop him. The midfield of Saints is also great with Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna and Jones. They also have 4 ruckman to pick out of. It's going to be very hard to stop this team who should have won it last year.

-I am picking Freo over Blues by 28.
-The cats to win over Eagles,
-A close game between Hawthorn and Collingwood but I'll go Hawks (assuming they rest some players),
-Saints over Crows,
-Sydney to beat Brisbane.
-Bombers to have a real go at the Bulldogs before going down in the last quarter,
-Richmond to win in Ben Cousins last game against the Power,
-And finally North Melbourne to beat Melbourne.

Yeah Buddy is in top form. My tip for Coleman next year. Roughhead tho. Needs to get that confidence. He kicked 78 goals ( I think) in 2008. That is fantastic considering Buddy kicked 100+ that year.
Well if they had a problem in the ruck, I would push Roughy into the ruck. But Hawthorn's ruck situation is fine. Maybe they just need to remind him how well he did, and maybe just get some of the pressure of his back. If he can manage to get about 80 goals when one of your teammates kicks over 100, you had to be doing something right.
Like I said, practise will help you. Haha I doubt I will but we'll see what happens. Oh and I have another prospect that might be going into the AFL next year. His name is Dale Wallum. Played one season with my club which was last year but apart from that he has been playing for his shire I guess you can call that. He has a phenominal leap and can run real quick. Got a good kick on him as well. His dad kicked 25 goals when he was like 34 or something so footy runs in the family.
I wish I knew some guys that could be going to the AFL next year. :( Ah well. Is he like a Liam Jurrah type of player? I can see him making it big though from what you've said, the clubs nowadays want fast players, and they'd love people who can kick straight. Good luck to him.

Yeah they just need to kick some goals. Thats all that has let them down. It was a low scoring game against the Cats, Bulldogs and Pies. They will be looking for a a forward this year. But I don't know who they can give up for one. Maybe trade Tippet now for a already legit forward instead of waiting for Tippet to try and reach his potential because that might not happen. Maybe Tippet for Roughy?
You're right about the goalkicking. But I don't see Hawthorn trading anyone for Tippet, they couldn't really use him. Maybe the Crows will trade Tippet with someone up at the Gold Coast? I don't really see it happening though. I think what they really need is not a power forward or one guy to handle all the goals, but they need to get one guy to stabilize the forward line, and then get a spread of goalkickers. Maybe they'll get someone in the draft that could be the next Nick Riewoldt. Minus the hammy injury. :p

Personally I think the Eagles were tanking. We had nothing to win if we won and if he loss we were one step closer to that #6 draft pick along with #4. It happens every game. Eagles are doing good first 3 quarters and then suck the last. There has to be no other reason for it.
The only thing is that I think the Eagles have a pretty good list as it is. They have heaps of injuries, and once they get those guys back from injury, and they work on their disposal efficiency, I can see them getting into the 8. The Eagles are by no stretch the worst team in the competition.

Oh nice work. Good luck on the $500. What was your score? In one of mine I lost to make it into the grand final. To be fair I didn't have Pavlich, O'keefe' Hill, Ryder playing and I lost by about 400. He was undefeated all year as well. In my other one I am through to the grand final. However I only got 1800, but then again I didn't have Pavlich, O'keefe and Ryder playing (they were cheap when I got them ok haha). I still have 4 trades left but I can only use 2. It will be hard to see who loses the cut this week. I am sure they wont be happy :p.
It was like 2250 or so. Didn't you have any emergencies for them? I managed to trade Pav out for Stevie J, but he only got 65 points or something. I had O'Keefe, and has Watts as a back up, but I had Dennis-Lane on the bench, and he got 130! O'Keefe should have a good game next week, and I reckon Pav will do his best to try and get his team back up, so I think he'll score well. I'd just go with whoever's worth money if money is an issue. I just need to think about how to trade from my team. Every time I think about trading Danyle Pearce, he gets 130 points or something. Damn Pearce.
Who will you pick next year tho. I don't know but I have a rough idea. I am thinking both Swallows in the midfield (one as an emergency) and Beams in there as well. Probably Gilbert and Broughton down back. Kreuzer as a ruckman and Buddy and Thomas down forward is what I am thinking so far.
I'll probably get both Matty Boyd and Cross in the midfield, i've had them the past two years and they hardly ever let me down, and maybe someone like Wellingham. Up forward i'm thinking Varcoe, I think he might have a great year next year, and probably also Brown and one of the Riewoldts. Down back, i'll get Harbrow and Goddard. In the ruck, Kreuzer and probably one of Hille and Ryder. But with all of the guys at Gold Coast, there'll be heaps of rookie options that will get a game, but you have to get lucky with the rookies.

I just can’t go past Geelong getting another one. They haven’t been in the past 3 GF’s for nothing and they completely dominated us this weekend. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Saints get a premiership though, they’ve worked pretty hard the last few years to get where they are. Just a pity Geelong has been playing some of the best footy I’ve ever seen the last few years. They’d beat an ’03 Brisbane team I reckon.

Geelong for me is the only one who has a real chance. St. Kilda could also be a chance, but I haven't seen them play properly against a legitimate side this year due to Riewoldt being out. I don't think Collingwood's very good, and they'll fall over in the finals. With Cooney and Morris out, the Doggies unfortunately have no chance. Sydney could pull out a huge upset, but only if they can beat the Cats, and i'm not sure that they can. Freo's team will be demoralised, and won't be able to get up and play well. Hawthorn I don't think can win without Roughy standing up, and they need Hodge and Birchall fighting fit. Carlton I think are too inexperienced. Geelong have the right mix of experience and teamwork to be able to win another one.

I'm tipping Carlton will beat Freo, cause Freo won't get up. Geelong will beat West Coast, that's a given. Hawthorn vs Collingwood is hard, but I think the Hawks will win it, because they're in flying form after smashing Freo last week. I think Adelaide will beat the Saints, as they seem to trouble the top 4 teams and i'm tipping them just because i'd prefer them to win. Sydney will beat Brisbane, Dogs will beat the Bombers, both givens. I'm thinking the Tigers'll beat Port, to send Cousins out on a high, and they'll be excited for Jack to win the Coleman. And the Demons will beat the Kangas, because I personally think the Dees are a better team.

Yeah the Cats are too good come finals time to not win it. Saints have a good chance but they’ll have to work pretty hard to over run the Cats. Collingwood don’t play finals very well so they’re a bit of a wild card going in at no. 1. Sydney and Hawthorn could do well but I don’t see a premiership for them. Freo and Carlton don’t have the legs to go much further than the first round of finals (although I’m hoping for Carlton to get to a preliminary).

As for this week, I’m tipping:

Carlton to beat Freo
Geelong will smash WC
Collingwood will get Hawthorn, the Pies seem to step up in these bigger games
Saints will beat the Crows
Sydney will beat Brisbane (I thought Brisbane would make top 4 at the start of the year, look how that turned out lol)
Bulldogs over Essendon
Richmond should hopefully beat Port
North Melb over Melb

Gonna be sad to see Cousins go, at least he’s brought back a bit of dignity for himself before retiring. Great player when he was with WC and he’s still valuable. Oh well, gotta go sometime I suppose.

Well if they had a problem in the ruck, I would push Roughy into the ruck. But Hawthorn's ruck situation is fine. Maybe they just need to remind him how well he did, and maybe just get some of the pressure of his back. If he can manage to get about 80 goals when one of your teammates kicks over 100, you had to be doing something right.

Although the don't have as much as a ruckman problem now. I still think they can improve dramictally. Wade Skipper and Renouf (if thats his name) just aren't good enough. They are never going to be like a Hill and Ryder and thats were they will fail.

I wish I knew some guys that could be going to the AFL next year. :( Ah well. Is he like a Liam Jurrah type of player? I can see him making it big though from what you've said, the clubs nowadays want fast players, and they'd love people who can kick straight. Good luck to him.

Haha. Well yeah he is kinda like a Liam Jurrah. But when in his prime (if he makes the AFL) he will be more like a better Buddy Franklin. Just not as bulky.

You're right about the goalkicking. But I don't see Hawthorn trading anyone for Tippet, they couldn't really use him. Maybe the Crows will trade Tippet with someone up at the Gold Coast? I don't really see it happening though. I think what they really need is not a power forward or one guy to handle all the goals, but they need to get one guy to stabilize the forward line, and then get a spread of goalkickers. Maybe they'll get someone in the draft that could be the next Nick Riewoldt. Minus the hammy injury. :p

Yeah either do I. Tippet cant be used as a ruckman anymore I don't think. And With Buddy already done there as the big dog why try and screw that up by making Tippet the number one guy. However if I were to see a trade between these two teams I could see this one happening.

The only thing is that I think the Eagles have a pretty good list as it is. They have heaps of injuries, and once they get those guys back from injury, and they work on their disposal efficiency, I can see them getting into the 8. The Eagles are by no stretch the worst team in the competition.

Yeah they have a fairly decent team. Cox isn't a 4 time all Australian for nothing. Priddis didn't get the most votes ever for the WAFL brownlow medal for nothing. Lecras isn't 3rd on the goal kicking list for nothing. We have a decent list. But I will say that our young people coming up aren't the best. I do think Luke Shuey will be a beast when he is older though.

It was like 2250 or so. Didn't you have any emergencies for them? I managed to trade Pav out for Stevie J, but he only got 65 points or something. I had O'Keefe, and has Watts as a back up, but I had Dennis-Lane on the bench, and he got 130! O'Keefe should have a good game next week, and I reckon Pav will do his best to try and get his team back up, so I think he'll score well. I'd just go with whoever's worth money if money is an issue. I just need to think about how to trade from my team. Every time I think about trading Danyle Pearce, he gets 130 points or something. Damn Pearce.

2250. WTF! Know see I did. But they weren't playing. Well 2 of them were but the midfield one wasn't (Lewis Stevenson) which really fucked me over. I already made my 2 trades this week because I thought I would forget. I traded out Courtney Dempsy (who came off a good game) and traded him for Jordan Russel. That gave me a extra $60,000 dollars cash and I spent that on trading Pods out (because of his 3 week ban) for Jonathon Brown who is coming into form. Should be good to see what happens,

I'll probably get both Matty Boyd and Cross in the midfield, i've had them the past two years and they hardly ever let me down, and maybe someone like Wellingham. Up forward i'm thinking Varcoe, I think he might have a great year next year, and probably also Brown and one of the Riewoldts. Down back, i'll get Harbrow and Goddard. In the ruck, Kreuzer and probably one of Hille and Ryder. But with all of the guys at Gold Coast, there'll be heaps of rookie options that will get a game, but you have to get lucky with the rookies.

Yeah I really like Cross. But he handballs way to much so I don't get him. I think Goddard will personally not be as good in up coming years. I was also thinking Welligham but I like Beams instead. I tried Harbow this year but he was a bit incosistent for my liking.

Although the don't have as much as a ruckman problem now. I still think they can improve dramictally. Wade Skipper and Renouf (if thats his name) just aren't good enough. They are never going to be like a Hill and Ryder and thats were they will fail.
Yeah you're right, but Roughhead probably wouldn't do that much better. I don't think Renouf can really do that well, but I think Skipper has a lot of potential to be like Hille and Ryder, but he doesn't have a partner at the moment to be the other half of the pair. I still think that the Hawks can play fine with how they are at the moment, because you can see that despite their ruck situation, they're still in the 8 and can challenge the top sides. And the team that arguably has the best ruck team, Essendon, is 14th or so.

Yeah they have a fairly decent team. Cox isn't a 4 time all Australian for nothing. Priddis didn't get the most votes ever for the WAFL brownlow medal for nothing. Lecras isn't 3rd on the goal kicking list for nothing. We have a decent list. But I will say that our young people coming up aren't the best. I do think Luke Shuey will be a beast when he is older though.
I think the young guys impress on the first game or so, because they're on a high, but then don't play that well after they come in. Or they're a player that doesn't get many stats, but plays his role well and is needed. Shuey will be captain eventually, I really like the way he plays. And i'm sorry, but I think LeCras is really overrated. He wouldn't even be that high on the goalkicking list if he didn't get those 12 or so goals, and I think half of them were lucky. Really, there aren't many other goalkicking options, so sure he is a good kick for goal, but I don't think he's a good contested mark.

2250. WTF! Know see I did. But they weren't playing. Well 2 of them were but the midfield one wasn't (Lewis Stevenson) which really fucked me over. I already made my 2 trades this week because I thought I would forget. I traded out Courtney Dempsy (who came off a good game) and traded him for Jordan Russel. That gave me a extra $60,000 dollars cash and I spent that on trading Pods out (because of his 3 week ban) for Jonathon Brown who is coming into form. Should be good to see what happens,
You still had Pods? I traded him for Riewoldt. One of the best trades I ever made. Yeah I think Dempsey won't score well, he is playing the Dogs after all. :p Jordan Russell will either go really well, or really badly. I'm hoping for you he goes really well. I'm thinking to trade someone in for Newman, but I can't think of a good backmen. Any ideas?

Yeah I really like Cross. But he handballs way to much so I don't get him. I think Goddard will personally not be as good in up coming years. I was also thinking Welligham but I like Beams instead. I tried Harbow this year but he was a bit incosistent for my liking.
Cross might handball a lot, but he still manages to get above 100 almost every week. I think Goddard will still be good next year, because he took one week off and then came back and got 140 or so, so barring any injury or anything he'll do great next year too. Harbrow I think will go to the Gold Coast, and will get the confidence and motivation he needs to get great scores for SuperCoach, and do great for his team.

Yeah you're right, but Roughhead probably wouldn't do that much better. I don't think Renouf can really do that well, but I think Skipper has a lot of potential to be like Hille and Ryder, but he doesn't have a partner at the moment to be the other half of the pair. I still think that the Hawks can play fine with how they are at the moment, because you can see that despite their ruck situation, they're still in the 8 and can challenge the top sides. And the team that arguably has the best ruck team, Essendon, is 14th or so.

Yeah Skipper does have the potential to be great, and probably will be pretty good eventually. He will need some guidance tho, and thats were the other ruckman comes in. Wade cant carry the load for a couple of seasons.

Also they do play good now. But they would also be premiship or close to premiship favourites if they had another good ruckman on there list. Thats the only thing letting them down in there team.

I think the young guys impress on the first game or so, because they're on a high, but then don't play that well after they come in. Or they're a player that doesn't get many stats, but plays his role well and is needed. Shuey will be captain eventually, I really like the way he plays. And i'm sorry, but I think LeCras is really overrated. He wouldn't even be that high on the goalkicking list if he didn't get those 12 or so goals, and I think half of them were lucky. Really, there aren't many other goalkicking options, so sure he is a good kick for goal, but I don't think he's a good contested mark.

Yeah, don't get me wrong we have some solid young dudes. Strijk and Shuey are some that come to mind along with Scott Selwood and Mckenzie. But then we have some really shit ones that we are wasting time with like Tom Swift and Will Schofield ( I swear this guy makes me think that I should be in the AFL. He is that bad, opponents would be stupid not to kick atleast 3 goals on him.). Then we have some guys like Nick Nat and Mastern who haven't proved themselves. My dad keeps bringing up the point that we are putting to much time into Mastern. He goes in the midfield and he plays like a fool, he goes to forward flank and cant touch the ball. I think we should trade him this season just saying. We also get some players that should be in the team that aren't right now. Like Lewis Stevenson and Matthew Spanger who is finding it hard to stay in the team. Stevenson made one mistake and he is out of the team even though he is a very smart footballer. I don't get it. You can have a guy like Will Schofield who doesn't know how to kick to his own team mate over a guy that in my opinion is a very solid footballer for his age.

Onto Lecras. I honestly don't think he is overrated at all. Not because I am an Eagles fan but because I have seen what he does when he doesn't have the ball. If you wacth his (10th I think it was) goal against the Bombers he laid a few sheppards ran around several guys and got a well deserved goal. Hard to explain. Just watch it ok. Also he has alot bigger opponents on him, and with the skills Eagles have it barely ever gets his chest. So it's alot harder for him to get goals. Also he is one of the most accurate kicks in the AFL. But maybe I am just biased and everyone else thinks he is overrated?

You still had Pods? I traded him for Riewoldt. One of the best trades I ever made. Yeah I think Dempsey won't score well, he is playing the Dogs after all. :p Jordan Russell will either go really well, or really badly. I'm hoping for you he goes really well. I'm thinking to trade someone in for Newman, but I can't think of a good backmen. Any ideas?

Yeah I thought we had to come into form some time and he didn't really. I think I might grab him next year because he will be good for some cheap forward. yeah hopefully he plays well hey. He has had a few average weeks and with them playing Freo they are going to need to run. Russel is the perfect half backman to run, I just gotta hope Gibbs stays in the midfield :|. Well you could always go Sam Gilbert he averages high in DT. But his disposal might let you down in SuperCoach. How about Greg Broughton. Great kick and is very smart player. Or Duffield. What about Carrazzo? haha.

Yeah Skipper does have the potential to be great, and probably will be pretty good eventually. He will need some guidance tho, and thats were the other ruckman comes in. Wade cant carry the load for a couple of seasons.

Also they do play good now. But they would also be premiship or close to premiship favourites if they had another good ruckman on there list. Thats the only thing letting them down in there team.
I think what's stopping them is form, and getting a new game plan to work. They had great form and a solid game plan when they won the premiership, but now their opponents know what they did, and are stopping them. They've learned to play so they can stop Hawthorn's left footers. I don't think another good ruckman would add to their team that much. Unless the ruckman acted like a midfielder as well, as I see Renouf doesn't really do that too much.

Yeah, don't get me wrong we have some solid young dudes. Strijk and Shuey are some that come to mind along with Scott Selwood and Mckenzie. But then we have some really shit ones that we are wasting time with like Tom Swift and Will Schofield ( I swear this guy makes me think that I should be in the AFL. He is that bad, opponents would be stupid not to kick atleast 3 goals on him.). Then we have some guys like Nick Nat and Mastern who haven't proved themselves. My dad keeps bringing up the point that we are putting to much time into Mastern. He goes in the midfield and he plays like a fool, he goes to forward flank and cant touch the ball. I think we should trade him this season just saying. We also get some players that should be in the team that aren't right now. Like Lewis Stevenson and Matthew Spanger who is finding it hard to stay in the team. Stevenson made one mistake and he is out of the team even though he is a very smart footballer. I don't get it. You can have a guy like Will Schofield who doesn't know how to kick to his own team mate over a guy that in my opinion is a very solid footballer for his age.
Ah, I keep on forgetting about Strijk. In my mind he will be better than Shuey, he seems to have a great footy mind and knows what he wants to do. I can't really say much about Schofield, as I haven't seen him, but Swift should be sacked, half the time he looks like he has no idea what he's doing. Well Nat I think would prefer being No. 1 ruckman, and will be better when Cox retires, and I actually really like Masten. I think he needs some one on one coaching so he knows how to play on others better, and also how to get into the game more. I don't really know too much more about the Eagles young guys, but yeah the two who stand out most are Shuey and Strijk.
Onto Lecras. I honestly don't think he is overrated at all. Not because I am an Eagles fan but because I have seen what he does when he doesn't have the ball. If you wacth his (10th I think it was) goal against the Bombers he laid a few sheppards ran around several guys and got a well deserved goal. Hard to explain. Just watch it ok. Also he has alot bigger opponents on him, and with the skills Eagles have it barely ever gets his chest. So it's alot harder for him to get goals. Also he is one of the most accurate kicks in the AFL. But maybe I am just biased and everyone else thinks he is overrated?
Overrated was the wrong word. I just don't think he's too good a player. He can do some good things, and yes I said he was a really accurate kick, probably one of the best in the AFL in my mind. I just think he's way too inconsistent, and usually doesn't put in too much effort, barring that one game against the Bombers. He has the talent, he just sometimes seems a little lazy.

Yeah I thought we had to come into form some time and he didn't really. I think I might grab him next year because he will be good for some cheap forward. yeah hopefully he plays well hey. He has had a few average weeks and with them playing Freo they are going to need to run. Russel is the perfect half backman to run, I just gotta hope Gibbs stays in the midfield :|. Well you could always go Sam Gilbert he averages high in DT. But his disposal might let you down in SuperCoach. How about Greg Broughton. Great kick and is very smart player. Or Duffield. What about Carrazzo? haha.
Gilbert does ok in SuperCoach, not bad, but not that great. Carazzo and Broughton are good ideas, Carazzo is usually consistent, and so is Broughton. And of course, to make the choice easier, they play each other next week. I'll probably end up going Broughton, cause I think the Blues will dominate so in theory Broughton should get more of the ball. :p Yeah I have Gibbs too, hoping that clash last week doesn't affect him this week. And if it does, i'll hunt down Pods....

I think what's stopping them is form, and getting a new game plan to work. They had great form and a solid game plan when they won the premiership, but now their opponents know what they did, and are stopping them. They've learned to play so they can stop Hawthorn's left footers. I don't think another good ruckman would add to their team that much. Unless the ruckman acted like a midfielder as well, as I see Renouf doesn't really do that too much.

Yeah your right. But I think a second ruckman would help because then they can rotate quickly thorugh the ruck and be confident they are going to win the tap. The other ruckman can do down forward and act as a decoy and possibly freeing up Roughy. See when Renouf goes down there everyone knows he isn't going to take a good pack mark like Jolly or be a good lead up forward like Hill/Ryder.

Ah, I keep on forgetting about Strijk. In my mind he will be better than Shuey, he seems to have a great footy mind and knows what he wants to do. I can't really say much about Schofield, as I haven't seen him, but Swift should be sacked, half the time he looks like he has no idea what he's doing. Well Nat I think would prefer being No. 1 ruckman, and will be better when Cox retires, and I actually really like Masten. I think he needs some one on one coaching so he knows how to play on others better, and also how to get into the game more. I don't really know too much more about the Eagles young guys, but yeah the two who stand out most are Shuey and Strijk.

Fair call. Yes Strijk and Shuey look good now and are definately on our team building. I also forgot to had some and who I believe is our best young gun. Brad Sheppard. I was disappointed we go him over Jetta at the start of the year but now after the games I have seen. Fuck he is so smart, he might not get much ball but god that will come to him. I am really impressed with how well he already knows stuff at AFL level. He is definately a good player.

Overrated was the wrong word. I just don't think he's too good a player. He can do some good things, and yes I said he was a really accurate kick, probably one of the best in the AFL in my mind. I just think he's way too inconsistent, and usually doesn't put in too much effort, barring that one game against the Bombers. He has the talent, he just sometimes seems a little lazy.

Your right with the lazy part. He gets really lazy and then looks like he doesn't care. He is also very very holo. He definately wants that coleman. But a veruy good worker for the Eagles is Kennedy. Definately one of our hardest workers and doesn't get rewarded enough.

Gilbert does ok in SuperCoach, not bad, but not that great. Carazzo and Broughton are good ideas, Carazzo is usually consistent, and so is Broughton. And of course, to make the choice easier, they play each other next week. I'll probably end up going Broughton, cause I think the Blues will dominate so in theory Broughton should get more of the ball. :p Yeah I have Gibbs too, hoping that clash last week doesn't affect him this week. And if it does, i'll hunt down Pods....

:lmao:, I am sure he will be fine. But yeah Broughton will probably be the better option as I can see Carrazzo player as a tagging forward ad play on either Duffield or Broughton. Should be an interesting match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back