AFL Thread - 2010

I'm not the biggest AFL fan by any stretch, but the amount of upsets I've seen so far this year is making for some pretty interesting viewing. I even found myself captivated by watching the Fremantle/Geelong match the other night. The amount of lead changes and other various twists and turns made for some compelling viewing and is sadly something we don't see enough of in the NRL. I've often criticised the AFL for having too large a variance between the top and bottom sides, and I think their draft system is ridiculous on many levels, and I don't think my views are going to change too soon. But it was good to see a team like Melbourne get a win. What are they, about 20 wins from their last 100 games?

Forgive me for asking, but do Melbournians and other AFL supporters actually take notice of the NRL? From what I've heard, they seem to think their game is of the utmost importance in Australia. The Melbourne Storm have been the most successful and dominant club of the last 10 years, yet that success seems to be going to waste on the Victoria region.

Go the mighty Doggies! Unfortunately, even though we are 2-1, we're still playing like crap. We should have won the Richmond game by at least 110 points, and we should have beaten Collingwood too. I think we got a bit too cocky and relaxed a bit after our NAB cup win, but it's still no excuse. We should beat Brisbane this week, and hopefully we'll get back to our best and steamroll through the rest of the competition. Yes that includes the Cats Sparky. :p And anybody who thinks the game is soft now should watch the Dogs vs Hawthorn game. After that, come back to me and tell me the game's still soft.

I think Melbourne are starting to find form as well finally winning one of their games and losing the game to Collingwood by only one point when they should've really won , which happens once in a blue moon. But I guess we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see whether it's just a flash in the pan, or whether they really are starting to find form.

Who saw Fremantle being one of the unbeaten teams this year? I'm sure they caught us by surprise. This year's the first year they've won their first three games, so i'm happy for the Dockers. They finally get to show that they are a club worthy of being in the AFL, and not just there to make up the numbers. Now all the people who have been bagging them for their whole AFL career might back off and give them the respect they deserve. Well done Freo.

Forgive me for asking, but do Melbournians and other AFL supporters actually take notice of the NRL? From what I've heard, they seem to think their game is of the utmost importance in Australia. The Melbourne Storm have been the most successful and dominant club of the last 10 years, yet that success seems to be going to waste on the Victoria region.
DS, most Victorians don't watch the NRL at all, so they don't care about it. Mainly because they usually are brought up loving AFL as the majority of the state doesn't watch NRL. So unless the kids decide to take an interest in NRL, there's zero chance of them ever getting into it. I think most people in Victoria think that the NRL is just brute force, and aren't really interested in it, whereas they think AFL requires a lot more skill and i sfaster and more exciting to watch.

I'm disappointed with the Doggies. The way we were playing, we were lucky to lose by only 22 points. We were disgraceful, and didn't handle the ball well at all. We should have easily won, but we almost looked we didn't want to win. At least we have Adelaide next week, so it should be an easy win for us and will help us get back on our feet.

Is anybody else really liking the mature aged rookies? Michael Barlow and James Podsiadly are just some that are impressing me. They seem to know what position to be in and how to handle the ball well, and seem to be right at home on the ground. I'm really liking what I see in these guys and others, and I can't wait to see what other mature aged rookies will make their debuts.

The ladder stands with a couple of surprises, the main ones being Freo and Adelaide. Being one of the favourites to win the flag at the start of the year, the Crows have sort of slipped off the radar. Failing to have won even once, it looks like it's going to be a battle between them and the Tigers to see who will get the bottom spot. And after finishing bottom four last year, Freo have surprised all of us winning three of its 4 matches, only just losing to St Kilda and beating the reigning premiers for Geelong. I don't think Freo can win the premiership this year, but next year I think they have a great chance to take home the big one.

Ok is it just me, or is the AFL for poofters now? How the hell could Hurn and Mooney both get weeks? Mooney was basically alreayd of the ground when ladson got rid of the ball, so do you just want him to fly or something? And as for Hurn, They were both going for the ball, Hurn knew he wouldn't get it and they were going to clash so he protected himself. You can even see it on the video that he was going for the ball. ]

So what are your guys opinions? What are some rules you wished were changed?

I could not agree more, I think that a head high bump should not be a suspension. I mean for fucks sake, Koschitzke got 4 weeks for a bump, fucking really?!?

Npw, I am really shocked at Brisbanes recent form, I mean really, losing to Adelaide, far out, how does a team lose to the Adelaide Crows, far out. 5 losses in a row aswell, and now we have Collingwood this weekend, man, its onna be a long weekend for me :suspic:

Lulz... Look at me I'm hawthorn. I win a grand final two years ago, by fluke and become a mess of cluster fucks ever since then. Then two weeks ago we only manage to win by three points against the team that hasn't won a single game this year and then we win last week. "We are back to our true fighting form" Next person I hear say that I'm going to punch in the face. Seriously, the tasmanian Government needs shooting. 1 Million dollars hey gave hawthorn for winning the grand final.

Well this thread died in the arse. Where the fuck is everybody.

Round 12 winners
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Geelong
Sydney
richmond
Bulldogs
st Kilda
and the match tomorrow I'm gunna say Collingwood.

Watched the Geelong match saturday night, loved the outcome. But the thing that surprised me was when the commentators after the game said that we was playing the best we had ever played. To say that about the team that has been virtually unstoppable for the last three years, one two out of the last three grand finals is a big fucking deal. Especially seeing We had/have some great players out still injured, and Ablett ha been playing shit for the last two weeks, It's really got me thinking that we are once again aiming for back to back Premierships.

I agree this thread, is dead.
Well, Collingwood just suck, a draw
11.10 76 to Melbourne
9 goals 22 76 to Collingwood.

Man, it was a good match, but really poor kicking by Collingwood.
I am really annoyed by Brisbane, losing to Bulldogs by how many fucking points.
Fuck This, I'm going to watch Fucking Netball

Here i'll try and and contribute some more. Eagles, wtf is wrong? I just don't know anymore, we have a good midfield and thats were it stops. Oh wait he do have Kennedy and lecras, Both up the for All-Australian Selection I reckon. But did anyone watch the footy show last night? Adam Cooney said The only player standing out for Eagles is Waters and he will win the best and fairest. MY fucking hole! You obviously dont watch alot of games do ya Adam. Lecras and Kennedy having a stella year, Priddis our bets player going hard every game. Adam Selwood is up there for the most underrated player in the game. That really pissed me off.

AS for the actual AFL, Barlow was a great success story and I am disappointed that he broke his leg. He was up there for Brownlow as a rookie. I mean come on guys you will never ever see a better rookie than Barlow hands down. But Hodge will still win the Brownlow and he deserves it. If Anyone from Geelong or Collingwood get it, I swear I will never watch the game again. Everyone in the team contributes not just Gary Ablett or Dane Swan. The reasoned why I left Saints out of that was because Lenny Hayes is definately the standout.

Wow, this has been dead for about a month. I guess not many Aussies actually post here anymore. Ah well.

How quickly things change. Now Collingwood is top of the ladder, and apparently the "undisputed premiership favourite." That's a load of crap. Collingwood right now are a good team, but only good. Not great. They've beaten no names in the past 2 months, apart from a St Kilda side that played like crap and a Geelong team that decided not to show up, and still managed to put up a fight. Collingwood thinks they have the premiership already, but come finals, they'll probably be knocked out in the second round.

As for the other premiership contenders, St Kilda is beginning to find some form again and will be a threat come September if they can keep that form. The Doggies have played well for the past month or so, and if they can beat Geelong they can prove they are an even bigger threat, even though they are a threat to the rest of the comp at the moment. If Geelong find form, they are almost unstoppable in the finals, but if they play like they played against Collingwood on the weekend, then they have no chance. The game against the Doggies becomes a game they desperately want to win to prove to themselves they still have what it takes. The only other team that is possibly a threat is Hawthorn. They found a bit of form, but then they dropped off again, and right now they don't seem like a threat at all. Freo started the season as this season's most improved club and while they will carry that title to the end of the year, it looks like they are just too tired to be a threat in the finals. Carlton is just making up numbers and are lucky to even be in the eight, and Sydney, while still being a good team, don't really pose a threat to the other teams.

West Coast will get the wooden spoon, and John Worsfold will get the axe. You can't say you will get to the finals and then finish bottom without some serious consequences, and he will get sacked. It seems like Brisbane could possibly have a serious slip up and finish last, but imo they are a much better team than that and could be challenging the top 8, if not for a string of injuries.

As for the Brownlow, I will hate the AFL if they pick Ablett or Swan. Dane Swan must be one of the league's most overrated players. Half the time when you watch it, he gets handballed the ball, then blindly kicks it in the direction of his forward 50, and he's touted as one of the best players in the game. Ablett just hasn't had a very good year compared to last year, and while he is overrated, he can back it up with his actions up forward. Hodge imo can't win the Brownlow, as he has had a massive form slump in the past few matches, and you can't afford that kind of lapse. Unfortunately, I think Swan will get the Brownlow.

As for the Coleman, I think it's Hall's. It's a race between Riewoldt and Hall, unless LeCras kicks 12 again, and I think the Bulldogs have a better delivery from the midfield that can't be ignored, and it makes Hall's job so much easier. I think it will be very hard for anyone to steal this medal away from Barry, unless someone gets another bag of 10.

How quickly things change. Now Collingwood is top of the ladder, and apparently the "undisputed premiership favourite." That's a load of crap. Collingwood right now are a good team, but only good. Not great. They've beaten no names in the past 2 months, apart from a St Kilda side that played like crap and a Geelong team that decided not to show up, and still managed to put up a fight. Collingwood thinks they have the premiership already, but come finals, they'll probably be knocked out in the second round.

I totally agree with you, they are in flying form and have easily been the best team of the past 2 months. Bulldogs coming a close second and then I'd say Geelong. But there is no way that Collingwood are making it to the grand final. St Kilda and Bulldogs I'd say.

The only other team that is possibly a threat is Hawthorn. They found a bit of form, but then they dropped off again, and right now they don't seem like a threat at all. Freo started the season as this season's most improved club and while they will carry that title to the end of the year, it looks like they are just too tired to be a threat in the finals. Carlton is just making up numbers and are lucky to even be in the eight, and Sydney, while still being a good team, don't really pose a threat to the other teams.

I disagree with you on the Carlton part. They have a great midfield. The best in the comp with Judd, Murphy,Gibbs and the most improved player in the game Kade Simpson. Still young and if it wasn't for Kruezer being injured then they would have probably finished 5th or 6th. Warnock has stepped up the last couple of weeks. There forward line is so unpredictable. You can have the full forward line of Betts, Garlett and Yarran which puts on great pressure and are always dangerous. Or you could have Waite down there at full forward with Betts and Yarran/Garlett in the pockets. The backline is also very underrated and have a quite a good back line for no star players down there. Russel has to be in contention for all australian yes.

West Coast will get the wooden spoon, and John Worsfold will get the axe. You can't say you will get to the finals and then finish bottom without some serious consequences, and he will get sacked. It seems like Brisbane could possibly have a serious slip up and finish last, but imo they are a much better team than that and could be challenging the top 8, if not for a string of injuries.

I believe Eagles wont finish last. They have a easy next 2 weeks ahead with Power and North Melbourne which are both very winnable games. Also Geelong being our last game. Which we could prolly get thumped. But I dunno, always room for a upset right. Brisbane however have Essedon who have been hot lately, Sydney at the SCG which is always tough to win there and Adelaide who are on a roll almost beating Bulldogs.

As for the Brownlow, I will hate the AFL if they pick Ablett or Swan. Dane Swan must be one of the league's most overrated players. Half the time when you watch it, he gets handballed the ball, then blindly kicks it in the direction of his forward 50, and he's touted as one of the best players in the game. Ablett just hasn't had a very good year compared to last year, and while he is overrated, he can back it up with his actions up forward. Hodge imo can't win the Brownlow, as he has had a massive form slump in the past few matches, and you can't afford that kind of lapse. Unfortunately, I think Swan will get the Brownlow.

No, no, no, no, no! I agree with you on Ablett but Swan. He is a very good player. Very smart as well. The reason why he throws it on the boot into the forward line more than anyone else is because he is about to be TACKLED! This year he has got more than 25 touches in everygame except one and more than 30 in every game except 4 times, and that is with a tagger! No one racks up more touches than him. Also who else in Collingwood has actually starred lately?

Reactions: Tim
I disagree with you on the Carlton part. They have a great midfield. The best in the comp with Judd, Murphy,Gibbs and the most improved player in the game Kade Simpson. Still young and if it wasn't for Kruezer being injured then they would have probably finished 5th or 6th. Warnock has stepped up the last couple of weeks. There forward line is so unpredictable. You can have the full forward line of Betts, Garlett and Yarran which puts on great pressure and are always dangerous. Or you could have Waite down there at full forward with Betts and Yarran/Garlett in the pockets. The backline is also very underrated and have a quite a good back line for no star players down there. Russel has to be in contention for all australian yes.
Carlton is a strange team. They have really good natural talent in the team, but recently they can't seem to get it to all work together, or at leas they can't seem to recently. They showed some signs against Essendon, but only really in the last quarter. The ruck situation for them has been unfortunate, but Warnock has done well in the last few weeks, i'd have to agree with you there, but if they get Kreuzer back then there aren't many holes in their team. I think a lot of teams have found ways to shut down their small forward line which they rely on a lot, and as a result they don't get the result on the scoreboard. They need to get these small running guys loose to wreak some havoc on the scoreboard, and if they do that they can really upset the top teams like they did earlier in the year.
I believe Eagles wont finish last. They have a easy next 2 weeks ahead with Power and North Melbourne which are both very winnable games. Also Geelong being our last game. Which we could prolly get thumped. But I dunno, always room for a upset right. Brisbane however have Essedon who have been hot lately, Sydney at the SCG which is always tough to win there and Adelaide who are on a roll almost beating Bulldogs.
I still think the Eagles will finish last. The Power and North are easy wins, for the top sides, and despite the talent West Coast have, they aren't a top side. However they can win those games, but I think North might be starting to find form and might be hard to beat, whereas I think they can the Eagles can beat Port, and unfortunately I can't see an upset against Geelong. As for Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney will be hard matches for them, especially seeing how they have been playing for the past few matches. Essendon could win easy, or could lose easy. It really depends which Essendon side decides to show up.

No, no, no, no, no! I agree with you on Ablett but Swan. He is a very good player. Very smart as well. The reason why he throws it on the boot into the forward line more than anyone else is because he is about to be TACKLED! This year he has got more than 25 touches in everygame except one and more than 30 in every game except 4 times, and that is with a tagger! No one racks up more touches than him. Also who else in Collingwood has actually starred lately?
A lot of people actually. Didak, O'Brien, Pendlebury and Wellingham to name just a few. Maybe I just don't understand what Dane Swan does. With all of the big name midfielders that are seen as the elite, I always see them going in hard and working for their team, and they do this at every stoppage. With Swan, I don't see him do this, and maybe I don't notice him as much. Swan has great speed, so he can easily break free of most tags, which is one thing I see as being a great attribute of his, and a reason why he gets so many possessions. However, all the elite midfielders get tagged, but I still see them make clever decisions and evade the taggers, rather than just booting the ball. The thing is that most of the time I see him I don't see him think of where to kick the ball next, he either boots it wildly or hands it off to the closest guy to him. Maybe I just haven't seen Swan at his best, but I haven't seen any reason why he should be seen as a great player.

Carlton is a strange team. They have really good natural talent in the team, but recently they can't seem to get it to all work together, or at leas they can't seem to recently. They showed some signs against Essendon, but only really in the last quarter. The ruck situation for them has been unfortunate, but Warnock has done well in the last few weeks, i'd have to agree with you there, but if they get Kreuzer back then there aren't many holes in their team. I think a lot of teams have found ways to shut down their small forward line which they rely on a lot, and as a result they don't get the result on the scoreboard. They need to get these small running guys loose to wreak some havoc on the scoreboard, and if they do that they can really upset the top teams like they did earlier in the year.

Yes you are quite right. Carlton are a strange team, and they do rely on there small forwards alot. Especially Eddie Betts. But with Waite down there it really shapes up, and O'halpin. I know he is a really shit forward line player. But he does had height, someone that can crash the packs and does bring the Dustin Fletcher or the Brian Lake of the team onto him.

I still think the Eagles will finish last. The Power and North are easy wins, for the top sides, and despite the talent West Coast have, they aren't a top side. However they can win those games, but I think North might be starting to find form and might be hard to beat, whereas I think they can the Eagles can beat Port, and unfortunately I can't see an upset against Geelong. As for Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney will be hard matches for them, especially seeing how they have been playing for the past few matches. Essendon could win easy, or could lose easy. It really depends which Essendon side decides to show up.

Yeah what am I kidding myself. Eagles will finish last but I still have hope. Port easy win, Roo's tho have been finding form lately, however Eagles do match up on the ruckman side of things, and I believe that has been the reason why Roo's having been winning lately. Like against Freo you had Hamish and Goldstein up against Kepler Bradley! However thats were it stops. They might have a little trouble against Kennedy tho. Firrito will take Lecras and probably win. We will also have a really hard time against Campbell and Thomas tho.

Ahhh yes, Bombers. Have a decent looking team just to inconsistent.

A lot of people actually. Didak, O'Brien, Pendlebury and Wellingham to name just a few. Maybe I just don't understand what Dane Swan does. With all of the big name midfielders that are seen as the elite, I always see them going in hard and working for their team, and they do this at every stoppage. With Swan, I don't see him do this, and maybe I don't notice him as much. Swan has great speed, so he can easily break free of most tags, which is one thing I see as being a great attribute of his, and a reason why he gets so many possessions. However, all the elite midfielders get tagged, but I still see them make clever decisions and evade the taggers, rather than just booting the ball. The thing is that most of the time I see him I don't see him think of where to kick the ball next, he either boots it wildly or hands it off to the closest guy to him. Maybe I just haven't seen Swan at his best, but I haven't seen any reason why he should be seen as a great player.

Yeah well O'Brien has. Pendles has been finding form lately after a slow start to the year, Didak I believe is overrated. He does bring energy and fire but he only has a left foot, not a midfielder in my opinion and thats where they have been putting him, Wellingham tho. Has been a star ( altho has had a slow last month) never thought he would be as good as he is now, same with Beams. He is a legend! As for Swan. I really like him and I feel he got ripped off last year only getting 9 brownlow votes and being the left flank of the half forward line when he racked the most possies for the comp. It looks like we have to agree to disagree. I think he is a really smart footy player capable of being a elite midfielder like I believe he is now.

While I do not live in the states of Australia that are dominated by AFL (WA,SA) I do sometimes tune in when there is nothing on.You can tell this sport is not for slowly and unfit guys, the running isn't down over 10 meters in a game like NRL.But you can see how much the players put into each game and when they lose the are crushed.This sport really is played over on the western side of Australia but even as on the East can see that this game is no easy effort.You have to be able to kick the ball under stress, and then you must go back on defense.The job is never over in this game and I don't think it gets the wrap it should.Cool game, just not spread all over the country.

Wow, I have really hated this season, from a brisbane supporters point of view. We started so well, but then Injuries have plagued our season, Brown has been relatively unfit, along with Fevola, and the whole backline :p. We nearly lost to the Eagles on the weekend, which was the wooden spoon match, if we did, I would have been extremely annoyed. We just ended up winning through what might have been a free kick.

With the Collingwood discussion, I saw them live against Carlton, and they absolutely dominated the game. Harry O'Brien is a star!! I think if they could play like that for the rest of the year, they are definitely in line for a premiership/Grand Final win. Unfortunately

Wow interesting round to say the least. First off, Collingwood showed why they are ontop of the ladder with a 98 point win over the Bombers. Essedon just didn't have the star power and defense to match Collingwood. Then Sydney beat Freo. Which I was a little shocked with but when you think of the guys that are out for Freo they did a pretty good job. Carlton kept there home final hopes alive with a 89 point win of Richmond. I was surprised by how much they won by considering there midfield was all playing below there expectations except for ofcourse Judd. Eagles lost by 1 point (FUCK) but it was a good game if you don't really care for all the turnovers. I could make the excuse by saying we didn't have Priddis or Selwood, our 2 best midfielders but who cares. Geelong beat a TOP 4 side in the Western Bulldogs by 101 points. Great perfomance for the Cats and will probably rest a few people next week. Abblet was it red hot form as well. To kick off sunday we had Lions and the Crows face it at the Gabba, with the Crows coming out the winners by 7 points. Hawks continued there role as they beat the Demons by 19 points. Lance Franklin seems a force to be reckoned with. Cant wait till Rioli returns as well. St Kilda also proved why they are a top 4 side with a 52 point win over North Melbourne. Nick Riewoldt kicked 7 goals coming back into form.

The Dogs got smashed/demolished/embarassed etc. 101 POINTS!!!! Dammit. The only reason you could think of was the flu, because we seemed flat after quarter time, but surely we could have kept the margin to a bit less. It was not Dogs football, and it was just crap. I can't remember the last time I left a game at 3/4 time, but I didn't want to see that game. Hopefully we'll bounce back against Sydney next week, and hopefully all traces of the flu will be gone come finals.

All the other results you expected to happen, except for Sydney beating Freo. It was a great game, and showed that Sydney could be a big threat in the finals. Freo had some injuries, but the Swans still showed what they were capable of, and they could be an outsider. West Coast lost by one point against Port Adelaide, and sorry Pippen, but it was a crap game. No highlights, nothing interesting about it, and you could say it shows the bottom of the league at the moment.

I'm disappointed that Hawthorn beat Melbourne, as I like the way the Dees play and wanted them to play Finals this year. They deserve it. The game was pretty good too, and I think Melbourne deserved to win that game, but Hawthorn were just too good for them. And Carlton beat Richmond by 89 points, and showed me that maybe they are a great side, and they're beginning to bring their team together. It seemed that it wasn't an individual effort, but a team effort, which they have really been lacking this year. Getting into form right before the finals is good for Carlton, and it looks like Henderson was a smart trade for Fevola.

Adelaide beat Brisbane, Saints thumped North and Collingwood smashed Essendon, all results that we expected. Couple of things can be said. Unfortunately, Collingwood are playing good footy, but I still hate them with a passion. :p It seems that even the bottom end of their team are delivering, people like Jarryd Blair, and Cloke was actually fairly accurate! Nick Riewoldt's finding form again at the right time, and I think he'll back to his normal form in 1 or 2 weeks, which is what St Kilda want.

The Dogs got smashed/demolished/embarassed etc. 101 POINTS!!!! Dammit. The only reason you could think of was the flu, because we seemed flat after quarter time, but surely we could have kept the margin to a bit less. It was not Dogs football, and it was just crap. I can't remember the last time I left a game at 3/4 time, but I didn't want to see that game. Hopefully we'll bounce back against Sydney next week, and hopefully all traces of the flu will be gone come finals.

All the other results you expected to happen, except for Sydney beating Freo. It was a great game, and showed that Sydney could be a big threat in the finals. Freo had some injuries, but the Swans still showed what they were capable of, and they could be an outsider. West Coast lost by one point against Port Adelaide, and sorry Pippen, but it was a crap game. No highlights, nothing interesting about it, and you could say it shows the bottom of the league at the moment.
I'm disappointed that Hawthorn beat Melbourne, as I like the way the Dees play and wanted them to play Finals this year. They deserve it. The game was pretty good too, and I think Melbourne deserved to win that game, but Hawthorn were just too good for them. And Carlton beat Richmond by 89 points, and showed me that maybe they are a great side, and they're beginning to bring their team together. It seemed that it wasn't an individual effort, but a team effort, which they have really been lacking this year. Getting into form right before the finals is good for Carlton, and it looks like Henderson was a smart trade for Fevola.

Adelaide beat Brisbane, Saints thumped North and Collingwood smashed Essendon, all results that we expected. Couple of things can be said. Unfortunately, Collingwood are playing good footy, but I still hate them with a passion. :p It seems that even the bottom end of their team are delivering, people like Jarryd Blair, and Cloke was actually fairly accurate! Nick Riewoldt's finding form again at the right time, and I think he'll back to his normal form in 1 or 2 weeks, which is what St Kilda want.

Want to hate on the Eagles anymore :p. Nah but seriously that last quarter was exciting. It was just like there match in round 2. There were a few highlights in that last quarter. But I will agree the skills were shit house.

BTW does anyone play dreamteam? I know this is a bit off topic. But if you know what dreamteam is, have a look at shooterwilliams on youtube. He is a very dedicated coach.

Want to hate on the Eagles anymore :p. Nah but seriously that last quarter was exciting. It was just like there match in round 2. There were a few highlights in that last quarter. But I will agree the skills were shit house.
Yeah, it might've been, but I watched the first half, and I couldn't take it any more. IT WAS KILLING ME!!! :p I actually like the Eagles though, and I think they should be playing better than they are. Ah well, I guess you have to take what you can and move on.
BTW does anyone play dreamteam? I know this is a bit off topic. But if you know what dreamteam is, have a look at shooterwilliams on youtube. He is a very dedicated coach.
Yeah, I play SuperCoach, which is the same as Dream Team. Top of my league, and move straight into the preliminary final, so i'd say i'm doing pretty well. How's your side going? And yeah, shooterwilliamson is a bit passionate and dedicated... :p Although, some of his ideas are great. And at least Gilbert's going with him on his end of year trip. :p

Yeah, it might've been, but I watched the first half, and I couldn't take it any more. IT WAS KILLING ME!!! :p I actually like the Eagles though, and I think they should be playing better than they are. Ah well, I guess you have to take what you can and move on.

Haha I don't blame you, the first half was shit house. I don't think i even watched the second quarter :| haha. Yes they should be doing better but what can you do right.

Yeah, I play SuperCoach, which is the same as Dream Team

Yes true true. But don't you get 0 points if you do an ineffective kick?

Top of my league, and move straight into the preliminary final, so i'd say i'm doing pretty well

Oh nice work. I need to know the rules and stuff. Do you get emergencies and trades, if so how many?

How's your side going?

Well one of my sides is onto the semi's, I will probably lose if Sandilands and co don't play. As my only active emergency is now Strijk.

And yeah, shooterwilliamson is a bit passionate and dedicated... :p Although, some of his ideas are great. And at least Gilbert's going with him on his end of year trip. :p

HAHAHAHA yes. You think after all the stuff he does for his team ( like debate over who he should have in Scully or Trengove then choosing neither) that they would come with :p.

In other news, Nathan Bock said he will join the Gold Coast next year. What the hell is with this. Why would you announce it before seasons end? If I were Adelaide I wouldn't play him. I hope he didn't get a big contract either because he has played like shit this year.

Also Ben Cousins retired. :( I reallny don't like him retiring, he was such a good player and his legacy will be hurt because of the drug incident. Oh wells.

Yes true true. But don't you get 0 points if you do an ineffective kick?
Yeah, and clanger kicks are -8 points, clanger handballs are -6 points, and free kicks against are -6 points. Otherwise, everything else scores positive, and depending on whether its effective or not, if its contested or not, you'll score higher.

Oh nice work. I need to know the rules and stuff. Do you get emergencies and trades, if so how many?
Yeah, you get three emergencies, and you get 20 trades, but you can only make two trades per week. I'm pretty sure it's similar to Dream team, except players score more and the money is worth more in Dream team. I somehow managed to make it to the start of the finals with 7 trades left. :D

Well one of my sides is onto the semi's, I will probably lose if Sandilands and co don't play. As my only active emergency is now Strijk.
Strijk can score pretty well though, so that's not that bad. And I should've really picked Sandilands early. I started with Jolly and Tippet as my ruckmen, and as soon as I traded Tippet for Cox, he got over 100 for a month. Damn Tippet. He did the same thing to me last year.

HAHAHAHA yes. You think after all the stuff he does for his team ( like debate over who he should have in Scully or Trengove then choosing neither) that they would come with :p.
Well, Scully and Trengove obviously just weren't man enough to join his team. You have to be committed to be in his team, or else you're just not going to make it. And every AFL player knows that being in his Dream team is better than winning a Brownlow. Or at least they should. :p

In other news, Nathan Bock said he will join the Gold Coast next year. What the hell is with this. Why would you announce it before seasons end? If I were Adelaide I wouldn't play him. I hope he didn't get a big contract either because he has played like shit this year.
I don't really think Bock is all that good anyway, so I couldn't really care less what happened to him. He'll get injured before the Suns debut anyway, and will probably get a career ending injury. I think he was pressured by the Suns to announce it so soon, to let the league know that their teams are under threat and that even their star players could get stolen by Gold Coast. Adelaide I think will still play him despite this, as he is one of the better players in their team, and he probably helps to support the team and add some experience more than anything.

Also Ben Cousins retired. :( I reallny don't like him retiring, he was such a good player and his legacy will be hurt because of the drug incident. Oh wells.
I think he's gotten past the drug incident, and despite his documentary coming out soon, I don't think it will really resurrect it that much, or at least not enough to really make an impact on his career. I would prefer him retire this year than go on and play next year, and do something like Aker did, and manage to get sacked halfway through the year, because Cousins is a great player, and is one of the main reasons the Tigers have improved.

Yeah, and clanger kicks are -8 points, clanger handballs are -6 points, and free kicks against are -6 points. Otherwise, everything else scores positive, and depending on whether its effective or not, if its contested or not, you'll score higher.

Oh right, well that makes sense. Do you get points for clearances and inside 50's?

Yeah, you get three emergencies, and you get 20 trades, but you can only make two trades per week. I'm pretty sure it's similar to Dream team, except players score more and the money is worth more in Dream team. I somehow managed to make it to the start of the finals with 7 trades left. :D

How did you manage that. I had to keep traiding my dudes because they were getting like 4 week injuries and shit.

Strijk can score pretty well though, so that's not that bad. And I should've really picked Sandilands early. I started with Jolly and Tippet as my ruckmen, and as soon as I traded Tippet for Cox, he got over 100 for a month. Damn Tippet. He did the same thing to me last year.

Yes, Tippet fucked me over for like $100, 000. What has gotten to him, the last couple weeks he has improved but he is so big and athletic for a full forward, he should be taking the pack marks easy and easily have more goals than he has now.

Well, Scully and Trengove obviously just weren't man enough to join his team. You have to be committed to be in his team, or else you're just not going to make it. And every AFL player knows that being in his Dream team is better than winning a Brownlow. Or at least they should. :p

Very good point, they just couldn't adjust to the paper scizzor rocks rule change so quick. Haha yes, Alex's dreamteam> any individual award.

I don't really think Bock is all that good anyway, so I couldn't really care less what happened to him. He'll get injured before the Suns debut anyway, and will probably get a career ending injury. I think he was pressured by the Suns to announce it so soon, to let the league know that their teams are under threat and that even their star players could get stolen by Gold Coast. Adelaide I think will still play him despite this, as he is one of the better players in their team, and he probably helps to support the team and add some experience more than anything.

You may be right about the Gold Coast wanting to rush him, however if I were Adelaide I wouldn't play him. I would try and get that position ready for next year and play a younger kid. It's not like Adelaide will actually make the finals, may as well start preparing for the future and not play someone that definately not be there next year and just announced that he wouldn't want to play for you guys anwyays.

I think he's gotten past the drug incident, and despite his documentary coming out soon, I don't think it will really resurrect it that much, or at least not enough to really make an impact on his career. I would prefer him retire this year than go on and play next year, and do something like Aker did, and manage to get sacked halfway through the year, because Cousins is a great player, and is one of the main reasons the Tigers have improved.

Yeah Ben Cousins was a amazing player, really deserving of his Brownlow medal in 2005 and his premiship in 2006. Lets hope people remember him for his hard work instead of his off field incidents.

Oh right, well that makes sense. Do you get points for clearances and inside 50's?
In the FAQ it doesn't say so, but i'd say you definitely would. It's why guys like Swan and Judd usually get a lot of points, and once you add on the disposals, it's a given that they'll get above the ton. And i'm no expert on Supercoach, so don't hold me to any of this. :p
How did you manage that. I had to keep traiding my dudes because they were getting like 4 week injuries and shit.
I got lucky. I always had a good emergency each week and decided I hardly needed to trade. The only time I remember having to trade because of injury is because of FUCKING MICHAEL BARLOW BREAKING HIS LEG!!! SCREWED UP MY TEAM!! Like for example, I had Cooney last week injured, but I trusted Jarryd Blair, and he ended up getting 140 points or so. I've got two emergencies in defence, forward and midfield, but none in ruck. So hopefully Cox and Jolly don't get injured.

Yes, Tippet fucked me over for like $100, 000. What has gotten to him, the last couple weeks he has improved but he is so big and athletic for a full forward, he should be taking the pack marks easy and easily have more goals than he has now.
Tippet's always been really overrated imo. Yes I think most players are overrated. :p Maybe its just when i've seen him and he's been outclassed by much better players, but he seems extremely slow and doesn't use his body as much as he should. I can see he has great potential, and he has shown some signs, but he needs to improve if he wants to become a great player.

You may be right about the Gold Coast wanting to rush him, however if I were Adelaide I wouldn't play him. I would try and get that position ready for next year and play a younger kid. It's not like Adelaide will actually make the finals, may as well start preparing for the future and not play someone that definately not be there next year and just announced that he wouldn't want to play for you guys anwyays.
Actually, thinking about it, I think Adelaide won't play him, basically because of what you just said. Get some game time into a kid, and he'll have some experience come next year, and the new kid could be the next Nick Riewoldt for all we know.

Who else do you think will go to the Gold Coast? I don't think Ablett will go, despite what everyone says. I think he's a real one team man, and he seems very loyal to his club. I don't think he would blow off the Cats just for some extra money, I don't think he really cares about money. However, I think Harbrow will go, but I can't think of anyone else who will go. Maybe Rischitelli, but I can't think of anyone else, as i'm sure their respective clubs will offer them some deals that will keep them at the club.

In the FAQ it doesn't say so, but i'd say you definitely would. It's why guys like Swan and Judd usually get a lot of points, and once you add on the disposals, it's a given that they'll get above the ton. And i'm no expert on Supercoach, so don't hold me to any of this. :p

Yes so true, I think the same for Dreamteam. However you are a expert so don't say your not.

I got lucky. I always had a good emergency each week and decided I hardly needed to trade. The only time I remember having to trade because of injury is because of FUCKING MICHAEL BARLOW BREAKING HIS LEG!!! SCREWED UP MY TEAM!! Like for example, I had Cooney last week injured, but I trusted Jarryd Blair, and he ended up getting 140 points or so. I've got two emergencies in defence, forward and midfield, but none in ruck. So hopefully Cox and Jolly don't get injured.

140 wtf, thats bullshit. Hahah well your lucky about the Jolly incident. Apparently he had a fitness test to see if he is right for this week. He passed. Haha poor Josh Frasier, still not getting a game.

Tippet's always been really overrated imo. Yes I think most players are overrated. :p Maybe its just when i've seen him and he's been outclassed by much better players, but he seems extremely slow and doesn't use his body as much as he should. I can see he has great potential, and he has shown some signs, but he needs to improve if he wants to become a great player.

Yeah so true. He was being advertised as Adelaides savour and the best player for this season. He really hasn't showed it at all. He does need to use his body, he tries to jump to much, but he has the strength to be dominant on the ground. So maybe he might realise that this upcoming season. I really wish the best for him but yeah.

Who else do you think will go to the Gold Coast? I don't think Ablett will go, despite what everyone says. I think he's a real one team man, and he seems very loyal to his club. I don't think he would blow off the Cats just for some extra money, I don't think he really cares about money. However, I think Harbrow will go, but I can't think of anyone else who will go. Maybe Rischitelli, but I can't think of anyone else, as i'm sure their respective clubs will offer them some deals that will keep them at the club.

I actually think Ablett will go to the Gold Coast. Gold Coast have the future, where as the Cats are dying off. Nathan Ablett is also playing for them so that can bring back the gang. Altho Nathan isn't that good. Nathan Krakour is going. Well it looks like it. Yet to sign a contract and doesn't want to discuss a future contract with the Power. I also think Harbow has to go to Gold Coast if he wants a premiship. Bulldogs have a great team, and I am predicting them to make the Grand Final this year. However, lets face it. They aren't getting any younger. Soon enough Jarrad Grant will be there full forward. I don't think he is suited there. More on the half forward line.

Oh and in a couple a years if you see a guy called Jack Martin who is aboriginal kinda tall really lanky. Get him in your super coach and I am prediciting he will win the Brownlow medal in 2018. He plays in my team and he got all australian for under 16's. Like the best player for all the teams in Australia. Just keep note k :)

Yes so true, I think the same for Dreamteam. However you are a expert so don't say your not.
I'll say what I want. :p If I was an expert, i'd be ranked higher than 56,000th. Although my team has been in the weekly top 200 three times. :D Not that I like to brag or anything.

140 wtf, thats bullshit. Hahah well your lucky about the Jolly incident. Apparently he had a fitness test to see if he is right for this week. He passed. Haha poor Josh Frasier, still not getting a game.
Yeah, but still I was lucky that I wasn't playing anyone last week. All of my guns scored badly. I was actually thinking about trading Jolly up for someone like Mumford, but i'm not sure if I should do that or upgrade some of my weaker players. I'm just hoping Lake doesn't miss out, or else one of the best guys on my backline will be gone.

Lol at Josh Fraser, he's not going to get a game, despite Mick saying he wants to give one to him. There are others above him on the pecking order, and at the moment barring injury I can't see anyone coming out of the current Collingwood team.

Yeah so true. He was being advertised as Adelaides savour and the best player for this season. He really hasn't showed it at all. He does need to use his body, he tries to jump to much, but he has the strength to be dominant on the ground. So maybe he might realise that this upcoming season. I really wish the best for him but yeah.
Wasn't he a basketballer? That would explain him jumping a lot, but you'd think the coaches would've told him to stand his ground and use his body more in the contests, unless the coaches at Adelaide have no idea what they're doing. I think he'll be practicing this in the pre season, and get it right for the home and away season, and be one of their stars.
I actually think Ablett will go to the Gold Coast. Gold Coast have the future, where as the Cats are dying off. Nathan Ablett is also playing for them so that can bring back the gang. Altho Nathan isn't that good. Nathan Krakour is going. Well it looks like it. Yet to sign a contract and doesn't want to discuss a future contract with the Power. I also think Harbow has to go to Gold Coast if he wants a premiship. Bulldogs have a great team, and I am predicting them to make the Grand Final this year. However, lets face it. They aren't getting any younger. Soon enough Jarrad Grant will be there full forward. I don't think he is suited there. More on the half forward line.
I think Gary would actually prefer to play against his brother, or at least I know I would prefer to play against my brother if I had the choice. I don't see how people think the Cats are dying off. They played crap against Collingwood, and then they smashed a top four side by over 100 points. If that game was the Cats dying off, i'd hate to see the cats playing well. I hope Harbrow doesn't go to the Gold Coast, he's a quality player and I'd like him to stay at the Dogs, and I still think he'll stay at the club. As for Krakouer, yeah you're right I think he will go, I don't think he wants to be in a side that is constantly underperforming, and would like to go somewhere to get a taste of success. I think Liam Jones will actually get the Full Forward spot, because you're right Jarrad Grant is definately a half forward line kind of guy. He seems a lot more comfortable running in than taking set shots.

Oh and in a couple a years if you see a guy called Jack Martin who is aboriginal kinda tall really lanky. Get him in your super coach and I am prediciting he will win the Brownlow medal in 2018. He plays in my team and he got all australian for under 16's. Like the best player for all the teams in Australia. Just keep note k :)
Nice big call there. So what number draft pick are you predicting? When he gets big you can call in for some favours. :p What position does he play, and what position do you play? I would play, but I tried that a few years ago, and it didn't really turn out too well. I once kicked a goal though! :p

I'll say what I want. :p If I was an expert, i'd be ranked higher than 56,000th. Although my team has been in the weekly top 200 three times. :D Not that I like to brag or anything.

Hahah yeah, whatever, No big deal.

Yeah, but still I was lucky that I wasn't playing anyone last week. All of my guns scored badly. I was actually thinking about trading Jolly up for someone like Mumford, but i'm not sure if I should do that or upgrade some of my weaker players. I'm just hoping Lake doesn't miss out, or else one of the best guys on my backline will be gone.

I wouldn't grab Mumford this year. I just don't think he is the consitent player that he should be. How about Patrick Ryder. He had a period in the middle of the season he averaged over a 100 in DT, he must be some worth in Supercoach.

Lol at Josh Fraser, he's not going to get a game, despite Mick saying he wants to give one to him. There are others above him on the pecking order, and at the moment barring injury I can't see anyone coming out of the current Collingwood team.

Hahah yeah. I honestly cant think of a real weak link in the team. Leigh Brown has actually done pretty good as a back up ruckman this year. I mean he isn't exactly getting the stats but he is doing is job VERY well. Altho, I think if they were to take someone out it would have to be Travis Cloke. He cant get a set shot unless it's outside 50. But he is a good hard body done there so it would be hard getting rid of him.

Wasn't he a basketballer? That would explain him jumping a lot, but you'd think the coaches would've told him to stand his ground and use his body more in the contests, unless the coaches at Adelaide have no idea what they're doing. I think he'll be practicing this in the pre season, and get it right for the home and away season, and be one of their stars.

True he was a basketballer. I just figgered the coaches down in Adelaide were that ******ed that they didn't know he isn't using his body. Personally I think they should get rid of the whole coaching staff. Neil Craig has done nothing but brought his supposedly 'top 4' team down to the bottom 8.

I think Gary would actually prefer to play against his brother, or at least I know I would prefer to play against my brother if I had the choice. I don't see how people think the Cats are dying off. They played crap against Collingwood, and then they smashed a top four side by over 100 points. If that game was the Cats dying off, i'd hate to see the cats playing well. I hope Harbrow doesn't go to the Gold Coast, he's a quality player and I'd like him to stay at the Dogs, and I still think he'll stay at the club. As for Krakouer, yeah you're right I think he will go, I don't think he wants to be in a side that is constantly underperforming, and would like to go somewhere to get a taste of success. I think Liam Jones will actually get the Full Forward spot, because you're right Jarrad Grant is definately a half forward line kind of guy. He seems a lot more comfortable running in than taking set shots.

I don't. I think Gary will go up there to support his brother and make his 1.5 million dollars a year, while his dad Gary Snr will go up there and watch every game. Nah the Cats are getting older. All there midfielders except for Joel are not under 26. Josh Hunt cant go much longer. There only remot young talent would be Joel Selwood and Andrew Mackie. Ottens will retire this year. They don't really have any young talent.

Nice big call there. So what number draft pick are you predicting? When he gets big you can call in for some favours. :p What position does he play, and what position do you play? I would play, but I tried that a few years ago, and it didn't really turn out too well. I once kicked a goal though! :p

Well I am predicting maybe a number 1 or 2 draft pick will get him. He will be in the top 5 I reckon. Haha yeah hopefully some favours. I need my go to be there. However I am playing WAFL next year :). He plasy full forward but thats beacuse he can mark every ball, I would prefer him in the midfield if we were losing but we are currently undefeted after 13 games and just beat the second top team by 88 points. No lies. I play Centre/Rover (same thing). Also a fun fact, Paddy Ryder and Harry Taylor come from our club, I'm not even lying check it out if you want. Rover football club.

Hhahaha Oh did you know. Should give it a go now. What possie you play?

Anyways. How do you think the Gold Coast will go next year? I don't think they will make top 8, but with young guns like David (is it david) Swallow then they will soon be in that top 8 soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back