AFL Thread - 2010

This is the official thread for the 2010 season.
For those of you who don't know AFL is One of Australia's favorite pastimes. It's a sport played with eighteen players from each team on the field at once. The object of the game is to kick an oval shaped ball through the goals sticks
afl_img_main.jpg

Sixpoints are given when the ball goes through the higher sticks .
One point is given when the ball goes through the smaller sticks.
The ball CANOT be thrown it can be hand balled or kicked.

Above are the basic rules of AFL.

This is the offical thread to post who you will win the Flag, Your Favourite teams, Who you think will win the NAB cup etc.

Remember this is a NON Spam section.

If time permits I will also Review Some of the players from the leauge

Okay firstly St Kilda was the dominant team last year winning almost all of their games but just stumbling at the finish line, losing to Geelong in the grand final. I think St Kilda will have a top season this year going one better then last year.

Geelong have also been dominant beating St Kilda in the grand final they did a great job getting their season back on track after losing to Hawthorn. i think they will remain on top this season simply because they dominated this season along With St Kilda.

Also If You Have Any Questions About the Game, It's Players and How it works feel free to post in here.

I think That the Saints will win the premiership this year. After last years defeat. they'll be hungrier then ever to win it and they're side is just too strong. Reiwoldt, Koschitzke, Hayes, Lovett, King just too name a few. They'll be more determined then ever to win it too prove the 2009 wasn't a fluke.

So i reckone Saints for the flag in 2010

Ohh and i just have to mention that im not a Sainters Supporter. I'm a bomber Fan through and through. and i hope that They win the flag next year. but i was making a realistic guess.

Also Dejan. im so happy you started this thread. It's made me so happy. see >:) Happy.

Oh and tomorrow im gonna try to predict the ladder.

Ok well here it goes, last years one failed seeing as there were like 3 people posting in it, and each would take a week to reply haha, so lets try and change that this year ay?

Anyways this year will be just like last year. There will be like 3 or 4 teams that dominate the competition and the rest are there to make up numbers haha. These four teams will be Saints, Cats ( hate them, hopefully injuries get them this year ha), Lions and Bulldogs. But Im going to focus on the teams that i think will be in the Grand Final.

Saints had a good team last year, but they depended on the same people each week. With the addition of Lovett and Peak into the midfield they will no longer have to rely on Montanga for speed. Lovett is a fantastic footballer when he wants to be, he is too lazy tho. Dal Santo should have a better season. Yes he did good last year, but it wasn't anything like the year before. Hayes is jsut a fucking legend. Plain and simple. He is so hard at the ball and he has that never say die additude which I love. Nick Reiwoldt, do i have to say anything about captain couragerous? Then what makes Saints even better is that they have atleast 3 ruckman in the line up at all time. One will be in the forward line and one will be on the bench, the other being in the ruck of course. That gives them rest and stababilty. Saints I predict win the Grand Final.

Lions. Gee, they made a good run last year. Coming 5th! Seriously did anyone see that coming? They have a fantastic forward line, Fev, Brown, Brennan, Bradshaw ( wait he is still here right, i am so confused on what happened ay). Midfield with W.A's finest in Rich and black. Rich is a fucking nugget, He is a future Brownlow Medalist no doubt, and well Black already is a brownlow medalist haha. Then they have Power in there as well, a nifty left footer. There backline is the thing that lets them down but they will still come 4th or 3rd, making it into the grandfinal.

Anyways, may as well go on with my team. The West Coast Eagles. They made quite the run last year, only just missing out of the 8. I dont see us making the 8 this year tho. Our draft selection, Brad Shepard was a bad mistake in my opinion. We should have picked Jetta. Peter Matera, one of the best to ever play the game made a good point. Eagles don't have many fast people. Sure we do but they aren't lightning fast, to give you the spark that you need and that. The only person I can think of that can do it is Nick Nat, and he is a ruckman ahah. Which takes me to my next point. Everyone was bagging him about how shit he was and he didn't play that good last year and we should of got Rich. But the dude had a fucking Knee reconstruction before the season started, and he played 8 games? His style in teh ruck is to Jump, not to muscle everyone, so teams would purposely make him lose his jump. He is fucking fast and jsut needs some confidence in his ability and he is set to go. Watch out Nick Nat is a force in the future.

Just a little piece of information. Stephen Hill is my cousin, ha and he plays for my rivally team, ha that works doesn't it haha.

I was meant to post this on tuesday but my computer keeps fucking up this week. its fine now though and here goes my predicted Ladder for 2010.

1. Geelong
2. StKilda
3. Bulldogs
4. Brissy
5.Collingwood
6.Adelaide
7. Essendon
8.Carlton
9.West Coast
10.Port adelaide
11.Sydney
12.Hawthorn
13. Richmond
14.Kangaroos
15.Melbourne
16.Freemantle

Now the top four may not end up in that order, but i really do think that they will definately be the top four by the end of the year. Bulldogs and Brisbane both picked up massive fowards this year in Fevola and Hall. (btw i met Barry Hall at Chadstone the other week. he was watching Twilight with his girlfriend.) anyway i just think that they will both be to dominate during the season.

and i didnt put Melbourne last mainly because i don't want them to come last. They have gotten the wooden spoon what, 2 years in a row and 3 would be embarrassing for them. So i put freeo at the bottom considering they usually bottom 2 or 3. But don't count them out for the spoon.

and i chucked Essendon and West coast up because they both had a fairly young side last year and i think that they'll both really shine this year.(hopefully so i don't look dumb)

well thats my prediction. Tell me if you disagree with any of my picks and ill tell you why i picked them

I was meant to post this on tuesday but my computer keeps fucking up this week. its fine now though and here goes my predicted Ladder for 2010.

1. Geelong
2. StKilda
3. Bulldogs
4. Brissy
5.Collingwood
6.Adelaide
7. Essendon
8.Carlton
9.West Coast
10.Port adelaide
11.Sydney
12.Hawthorn
13. Richmond
14.Kangaroos
15.Melbourne
16.Freemantle

Now the top four may not end up in that order, but i really do think that they will definately be the top four by the end of the year. Bulldogs and Brisbane both picked up massive fowards this year in Fevola and Hall. (btw i met Barry Hall at Chadstone the other week. he was watching Twilight with his girlfriend.) anyway i just think that they will both be to dominate during the season.

and i didnt put Melbourne last mainly because i don't want them to come last. They have gotten the wooden spoon what, 2 years in a row and 3 would be embarrassing for them. So i put freeo at the bottom considering they usually bottom 2 or 3. But don't count them out for the spoon.

and i chucked Essendon and West coast up because they both had a fairly young side last year and i think that they'll both really shine this year.(hopefully so i don't look dumb)

well thats my prediction. Tell me if you disagree with any of my picks and ill tell you why i picked them

Sorry bro but just because Freo are usually down near the bottom doesn't mean they will this year. They have the best young side in the competetion. They jsut drafted a future superstar. I really dont see them coming last. Demons tho. They traded there second best midfielder in Mclean and Jack Watts didn't do anything last year when he played, yes I know he didn't play because of school but that still is no excuse for how bad he played. This is my Ladder

1. Saints
2. bulldogs
3. Cats
4. Brissy
5. Adelaide
6. Carlton
7. Magpies
8.hawthorn
9.Richmond
10.Eagles
11.Sydney
12. Freo
13. Bombers
14.Kangaroos
15. Power
16. Demons

Sorry bro but just because Freo are usually down near the bottom doesn't mean they will this year. They have the best young side in the competetion. They jsut drafted a future superstar. I really dont see them coming last. Demons tho. They traded there second best midfielder in Mclean and Jack Watts didn't do anything last year when he played, yes I know he didn't play because of school but that still is no excuse for how bad he played. This is my Ladder

1. Saints
2. bulldogs
3. Cats
4. Brissy
5. Adelaide
6. Carlton
7. Magpies
8.hawthorn
9.Richmond
10.Eagles
11.Sydney
12. Freo
13. Bombers
14.Kangaroos
15. Power
16. Demons

im happy that we agree on the top 4 at least. but why have you put bombers so far down? and Richmond so far up? Now im a bombers supporter and this might be a bit biased but Bombers had a good season last year and this year they get back Hille and Gumbleton the 2 tall strong men in the team. and i just cant see them going any further than 10.
Richmond. i understand that them getting Cousins was a major deal but he's frail and didn't really do much for them last year. i can see them going up on the ladder but i dont expect them to go to far up.

Hey guys, good to see this getting off to a start.

Geelong has a great chance of winning again this year. They have the best midfield in the league and have had it for some time. They're consistant and use pressure well. The Saints have to have a good start to the season to stay up there with the Cats. I just hope they don't do a Hawthorn and fade this year. The Hawks played amazingly throughout 2008 and failed epicly last year.

I'm a Carlton supporter and am hoping for another top 8 finish this year but they're a ways off getting another premiership and with the loss of Fev they'll struggle in the forward line.

Brisbane is the wild card this year, they have a fucking incredible forward line with Fevola and Brown, probably the best two goal kickers in the comp.

It's pretty early to predict a ladder but I'll go with something like this.

1. Geelong.
2. St Kilda.
3. Brisbane.
4. Bulldogs.
5. Adelaide.
6. Collingwood.
7. Carlton.
8. Sydney.
9. Essendon.
10. West Coast.
11. Port Adelaide.
12. North Melbourne.
13. Hawthorn.
14. Richmond.
15. Fremantle.
16. Melbourne.

That's such a rough estimate. I'm mainly sure of the top 4 or 5 but the rest will be determined over the pre season and first 6-8 rounds. Should be a good year though, looking forward to it.

im happy that we agree on the top 4 at least. but why have you put bombers so far down? and Richmond so far up? Now im a bombers supporter and this might be a bit biased but Bombers had a good season last year and this year they get back Hille and Gumbleton the 2 tall strong men in the team. and i just cant see them going any further than 10.
Richmond. i understand that them getting Cousins was a major deal but he's frail and didn't really do much for them last year. i can see them going up on the ladder but i dont expect them to go to far up.

Yeah thats a good sign to see what it will actually turn out as.

Dude don't get me wrong, i fucking love the Bombers. I am wearing Paddy Ryders number that he wore at my football club ( I guess I am trying to say I play for the same club as he did when he was a juniour, Greenough Rover Demons all the way!) I love teh bomebrs as I said. They are tied second as my favourite team along side the Saints. But they don't have a forward line any more. They are all too old and really dont have any ' Go too' person down there. Hill is a big person back. But will he be like he was 2 seasons ago after a surgery? And where will Paddy go? Back to center half back? He played brilliant in the ruck, why get rid of him from there?

The Tigers are up so high because I figured that they really jsut needed time to adjust. Like get some more games under the belt with each other, sort out the real possies, and really last year, majority of the time they weren't playing there style of play. I see them playing more their way tho so thats why I see them higher. I actually predicted them being in the top 8 last season but that didn't work out so.

Nab Cup has started port Adelaide is looking strong with a win over the Crows. Interesting point they started with 7 rookies. I think this move payed off with a rookie being their top scorer.

Also In last nights West Coast Vs Essendon Game another Rookie Nic Naitanui, This guy is a fucking Tank watching him tackle is just amazing. He is my pick for rookie of the year, because watching this man play is just amazing.

Fucking Hell, the Tigers copped a beating in round one of the nab cup didn't they? What a waste of a trip to Tasmania. It was over in the first ten minutes. I know the nab cup's Only to test out their new players and strategy's but the tigers need to Reinvent their whole game plan.

What do you guys think, Was Andrew Lovetts Indefinate Suspension justified, or should he of got a lighter Sentence. I don't personally think he did it. How many times have sports stars been accused of raping someone?

Well The Bulldogs have Taken out The NAB cup Final with a 104-64 Win against the Saints. I thought the match was pretty well rounded with the Saints fighting back, But Barry Hall was just Too strong for The Saints Kicking 7 goals.

Barry is a Cult hero for the Bulldogs Picking up Man Of The Match. After the match Hall Spoke about How He feels like a new Man At the Western Bulldogs.

INJURIES
Western Bulldogs: Nathan Eagleton (back), Hahn (head knock)
St Kilda: Sam Fisher (ankle)

Now I'm Sure Many Of you dont know What The Fuck I'm Talking about but I'd really like to see some more people post in here Not Just The Aussies.

Also I Felt Inclined To Show You Who Barry Hall Is And One Of His Trade Mark Brain Snaps.

[YOUTUBE]l5qVLJEOTpo[/YOUTUBE]

Some Pictures From The NAB cup final.

[
200407.jpg

200426.jpg

200453.jpg

200382.jpg

200380.jpg

Well The Bulldogs have Taken out The NAB cup Final with a 104-64 Win against the Saints. I thought the match was pretty well rounded with the Saints fighting back, But Barry Hall was just Too strong for The Saints Kicking 7 goals.

Barry is a Cult hero for the Bulldogs Picking up Man Of The Match. After the match Hall Spoke about How He feels like a new Man At the Western Bulldogs.

INJURIES
Western Bulldogs: Nathan Eagleton (back), Hahn (head knock)
St Kilda: Sam Fisher (ankle)

Now I'm Sure Many Of you dont know What The Fuck I'm Talking about but I'd really like to see some more people post in here Not Just The Aussies.

Also I Felt Inclined To Show You Who Barry Hall Is And One Of His Trade Mark Brain Snaps.
Barry Will be good this year and the dogs unstoppable, IF Barry can keep his fucking nose clean.

In other news, I really don't think Geelong will go good this year. Did you hear we lost to Richmond, (Fucking richond) By over 50 points in a practice match the other day :( My heart was broken when I heard that news. I would love geelong to win again but I feel it's the dogs year. And it hasnt came a moment too soon. With the nab cup on the weekend being only their second grand final win of any sort.

St kilda < Bulldogs.

I am a through and through Lions fan, I love them. But I am extremely dissappointed about Fevola. Im even more pissed that we lost bradshaw because of him. sure fevola is greaqt on the pitch, but if he fucks up and gets released, (which I am predicting by atleast the end of next season) I will be extremely annoyed
yet on the bright side, we do have the two top forwards in the league :D

Barry Will be good this year and the dogs unstoppable, IF Barry can keep his fucking nose clean.

In other news, I really don't think Geelong will go good this year. Did you hear we lost to Richmond, (Fucking richond) By over 50 points in a practice match the other day :( My heart was broken when I heard that news. I would love geelong to win again but I feel it's the dogs year. And it hasnt came a moment too soon. With the nab cup on the weekend being only their second grand final win of any sort.

St kilda < Bulldogs.

I totaly agree with you mate. I really think its the Bulldogs year. They we're unlucky not to win last year. Port got thumped by Collingwood 15.7 (97) to 26.16 (178). But I really think Port has a good chance of finishing in the top 8 this year. I predict a semi Final Loss To the Doggies

I am a through and through Lions fan, I love them. But I am extremely dissappointed about Fevola. Im even more pissed that we lost bradshaw because of him. sure fevola is greaqt on the pitch, but if he fucks up and gets released, (which I am predicting by atleast the end of next season) I will be extremely annoyed
yet on the bright side, we do have the two top forwards in the league :D

Hall and Franklin? Now About Fevola I do think his party boy ways are over and he is in the prime of his carrer and I'm expecting the Coleman to go to him IF his behavior off the field is perfect.

yeah I guess so,but, according to last year, Brown and fev are the two top Forwards in the league.
I have also been very pleased with Michael Voss as head coach, I was always a fan of his. We have Adcock and Black in the middle, and we have big clark in the Ruck, all iin all we have a strong side

outside of lions, I have to say I do love Natainui (or however you spell it) but then again, I think he is overrated, He isnt that great, He is just highly entertaining.

did anyone watch the lions eagles match last night, it was great, lions trailling every quater until they went crazy in the last quater. Fev scored an early contender for goal of the year, Im happy with that. A similar result to the lions eagles match last year.
I also watched alot of the Sydney St Kilda match, which was very good aswell

I thought this forum would only have american sports?Saints gonna win the premiership this year,I was at the grand Final last year in the cheer squad and we lost,But this years our year.I think we will beat Collingwood or Buldogs in the final.I thinm Geelong will finish fifth.Thoughts?

did any one watch the Geelong Bombers match on Friday?

i was actually at the match Expecting Geelong to dominate throughout the whole match but the Bombers did surprisingly well. Essendon could have won it IF they didn't go all out so early.

but the biggest surprise was Freeo. They surprised me alot. beating a well established team like Adelaide is amazing. and by 40 points too... wow.

I know its only the first rd in the season but i see free as possibly finishing 8-12 rather than 14-16.

(btw my computer completely fucked up and i only just got it fixed so im back :))

Im even more pissed that we lost bradshaw because of him.

I’m pretty certain Bradshaw was leaving anyways, wanted to go back to VIC...

I’d give anything to have Fev back in the Blues, I’d be happy if I were you. Brisbane is going to own the forward line this year. I’m going to the game tonight Blues v Brisbane and can’t wait. I’m huge Blues fan and am pretty excited!! We’re gonna struggle though I think at the Gabba, Bris has a great chance of smashing us tonight even after our great performance against the Tigers last week... it was only against a Richardsonless side though... Go BLUES!!!

Wow so how good did barry Hall do in the NAB cup hey? It was fucking brilliant, he definately deserved player of the series. Nic Nat showed why he will eb good in a few years, yes i have followed him through thick and bad and yet everyone bagged him. So fuck you all Nic Nat haters.

Anywyas on to serious business. Round one, interesting. Sydney did surprisingly well against the Saints, but HGA might of played a bit of a role there. How well did the bombers do against the cats in the first three quarters hey? Paddy Ryder, he is a legend. Try and stop him, along with Brent Stanton. Geelong I think will get a few injuries and lose some of there luck, possibly same with Saints.

Lions tho, tonight look very shaky only just leading blues, and took three quarters against West Coast last week, or maybe West Coast could have one but fratigue got the better of them? I still see them being a top four side, basically just the pure fact that no one can stop both Fev and Brown, name one backline that can. But how shit did Adelaide play against Dockers? They couldn't even handpass the bloody ball, but also you gotta give props to the youngsters down there; Hill, Suban, Mayne, Moribito and the 33 possesion debut Barlow.

Go the EAGLES!

good match for the lions last night, a very even contest between he blues and an up and down match. Fev and brown have 18 between themm in 2 games, brown has 12 already. looks like a good season coming up for the lions.

Fucking Hell, the Tigers copped a beating in round one of the nab cup didn't they? What a waste of a trip to Tasmania. It was over in the first ten minutes. I know the nab cup's Only to test out their new players and strategy's but the tigers need to Reinvent their whole game plan.

i was there, as a tigers fan it was embarrasing. you see your favourite club in your home state, you travel from the south of the state just to see them get thrashed

and as far as lovett, i believe he may have done it, but i wouldnt put it past someone to pretend just to get themselves on the front page of a newspaper.

Ok is it just me, or is the AFL for poofters now? How the hell could Hurn and Mooney both get weeks? Mooney was basically alreayd of the ground when ladson got rid of the ball, so do you just want him to fly or something? And as for Hurn, They were both going for the ball, Hurn knew he wouldn't get it and they were going to clash so he protected himself. You can even see it on the video that he was going for the ball. ]

So what are your guys opinions? What are some rules you wished were changed?

Geelong losing to fremantle broke my heart :(.
Ouch, I have no idea how the fuck we managed to lose to Fremantle. i can't remember the last time it happened. They are 3-0 so far When was the last time that happened?

Riewolt InjuredThis should be good, It will let St Kilda step up and finally show everybody that He is the most Over rated player in the league and that they don't need him to win.

Hell freezing over
Melbourne Won. 0.o Never would of expected that in a million years, This year has been turned upside down. in a huge way Maybe Melbourne is finally starting to improve?
Ben cousins and friendly fire
What Kind of idiot punches his own team mate in the face? He deserves the two week ban.

Being from Victoria, AFL is a huge deal around here, working at a pub we are always filled on the weekends with the crowds watching the AFL. I have always gone to friends houses for grand finals and I have watched the footy if I have nothing else to do. But I dont have a team.

My family supports Collingwood, but by support I mean they just say that team in conversations and dont give a shit about football. My dad goes for Port Adelaide and is one of the three people in the world who does.

I have been watching all the matches this year and have decided that I want to support a team, I am still deciding but if any of you are up for it. Go ahead and convince me why I should support your team, I have heard arguments not to support Collingwood or Essendon, and alot of my friends are Carlton supporters, but I have yet to make my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back