Afl

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
For the Aussies. Well we are half way through the Season. Who do you think Will win the Grand final in september and Why.?
Of course i am going with my team Geelong cats. With only one loss under our belts this year and about four only in the last two years we have came far since half the team said they would walk out if Mark Thompson was Fired, or replaced we really picked our game up. I know they say back to back grand final wins are almost impossible but i think we have the Chance. With people like Cameron Ling, Gary Ablett, Mathew Scarlet how could we not lose.

Our biggest threat would have to be Hawthorn they have been the biggest threat all year and have improved alot and i would love to see these two in the grand final who do you think will win and why. Please put reasons as i dont want this closed thank you.

What about the teams thats on 2nd spot, the Western Bulldogs?
We had a run of bad luck last year, but this year we're firing with players like Cross and Boyd getting the important possessions, Dale Morris tagging the best players and doing great, and forwards like Akermanis who manage to create goals out of the smallest opportunity.
With only one loss and one draw, we can easily win the flag and finally bring it back to the Bulldogs. It's been too long.
Tomorrow its the battle for 1st spot and the favourites for the Grand Final, and since the Cats have lost Ling for about a month and they've lost Ablett for this match the Bulldogs have a real chance to win tomorrow and in September.

Well my team, The Mighty Adelaide Crows have literally no chance of winning it now with Brett Burton out for 12 months. But by far this year I believe Geelong, Hawthorn and The Western Bulldogs have been the 3 best teams in the competition. I really like Hawthorn this year as they have come a long way since last season. Buddy Franklin is absolutely superb and the guy is only 21!

I am expecting a Hawthorn/Geelong Grand Final in which I will look forward to. But however, I still think the Cats have the superior team. Their defence and forwards are amazing and I think Geelong will win this AFL Grand Final to win back to back premierships. I personally would like to see Hawthorn win it as they have come a long way and they have a bunch of great goal kickers. But I just can't see Geelong losing in the Grand Final as I think they will just be too good for the Hawks in the end.

What about the teams thats on 2nd spot, the Western Bulldogs?
Yes i havent forgotten about The bulldogs, they have improved alot in the last year and it will be close.
We had a run of bad luck last year, but this year we're firing with players like Cross and Boyd getting the important possessions, Dale Morris tagging the best players and doing great, and forwards like Akermanis who manage to create goals out of the smallest opportunity.
Rhats only two players though Tim, geelongs whole team is great there is no stand out player, it varies between matches.
With only one loss and one draw, we can easily win the flag and finally bring it back to the Bulldogs. It's been too long.
thats what is keeping you from top place that one draw. but i wouldnt be surprised if the match today ends in a draw as well.
Tomorrow its the battle for 1st spot and the favourites for the Grand Final,
Not really today is just for the top place we still have half a season to go even if we lose we will be back ontop because we are that darn good :p
and since the Cats have lost Ling for about a month and they've lost Ablett for this match
But we still have scarlett, Mooney, Chapmen ect dont hold us down yet.
the Bulldogs have a real chance to win tomorrow and in September.
you have a slim chance Tim i cant see anybody upthroning the cats this year Expect another massive upset grand final this year just with either Hawthorn or Bulldogs instead of Port Power

Well it happend, Geelong is one step closer to winning the Grand final. with the final scores being GEE 19.17 (131) vs WBD 9.10 (64) Geelong has quite proudly showed the dogs who the top dogs where. Yes we had ling and Abblet out but we didnt need them Fair enough they are great players but it doesnt mean Geelong cant function without them, thats where most teams fuck up. they rely on a few players like Sydney and barry hall for example. and if them players are injured or suspended they suck. one or two players dont make a team. Next week Geelong plays the 3rd team on the ladder Hawthorn, I have a feeling that we will thrash them just like we have been doing all year. I think our biggest threat to the preimership is Collingwood as they are the only team to beat us in an official match up in ages.

OK Geelong might be the better side. But that doesn't mean anything, because teams can still bounce back, no matter how good the other team is. I reckon Bulldogs will get into the Grand Final and lose to Geelong. We don't really rely on any players, you can see from our goalscorers and from the possession getters that it's all shared around. We are one of the fastest teams in the competition and Geelong was able to counteract that which let them win. And u will thrash Hawthorn like Collingwood thrashed you? sorry, i had to say something about that :p. But Sparky, I reckon ur right about beating Hawthorn next week but i think Collingwood will get knocked out in the preliminarys so u won't face them in the grand final and they won't be a threat. Depending on how Geelong goes against Hawthorn, they might be the biggest threat to Geelong's premiership chances.

OK Geelong might be the better side. But that doesn't mean anything,
I am pretty sure it does, If you lose everymatch of the year your not excalley going to win the grand final. Geelong has been unbeatable over the last two years minus just two games, after Knocking out the second on the ladder and The SAINTS beating the Hawks our only promlem lies in the collingwood team or the Swans.
I reckon Bulldogs will get into the Grand Final and lose to Geelong.
I agree here The bull dogs have a chance of getting into the grand final but not winning. Becouse Geelong is unstoppable at the moment and i cant see them dieng down any time soon.
We don't really rely on any players, you can see from our goalscorers and from the possession getters that it's all shared around.
I will cover this in a seperate post so it stands out a bit.
We are one of the fastest teams in the competition and Geelong was able to counteract that which let them win.
yes your right ONE of geelong is faster we have younger players that are talented.
And u will thrash Hawthorn like Collingwood thrashed you? sorry, i had to say something about that :p.
Yes that we will, As i said one loss compared to two and a draw HMmm. :p

Tim123 said:
We don't really rely on any players, you can see from our goalscorers and from the possession getters that it's all shared around.
Look at these stats,
Geelong Goal Kickers:
Gamble 4, S. Johnson 3, Mooney 3, Bartel 2, Stokes 2, Chapman, Lonergan, Mackie, Ottens, Taylor
You was saying how you dont rely on Players? Thats ten different goal kickers. granted some had more then one goal but out of those ten goal kickers three of them are no names. Now check out these stats these are the bulldogs
Giansiracusa 3, Eagleton 2, Hahn, Johnson, Lake, Ray, Welsh
Seven and most of them are well known players im sure if i was to look up last weeks and the weeks before the same people would be up there. Now lets look at the Best players of both teams for the match, Geelongs are,Scarlett, Bartel, Mooney, Milburn, Corey, Mackie, Gamble. see its evend out now the bull dogs, Giansiracusa, Cooney, Eagleton, Boyd its the same four people week in week out. you rely on these players its ok most teams do but thats where the weakness is. ok to stop this turning into the Geelong vs Bulldogs thread here is the ladder,
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Sydney Swans
Collingwood
Brisbane Lions
St Kilda
North Melbourne

Adelaide
Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
West Coast Eagles
Melbourne
It basically hasnt changed at all. I think the ladder will stay like this until the end of the season minus a few couple of small changes under the top 8.

I think you're right Sparky, but i think that the 7th/8th will keep on changing every couple of weeks because they're pretty close, but i think other than that the ladder will pretty much stay the same.

Hawthorn could drop down a bit though. They lost to St Kilda. St Kilda. Plus they play Geelong next week. Next thing you know they'll be losing to West Coast.

So not much longer to go. its safe to say geelong will finish on top of the ladder no matter what. Nothing has changed to make me think geelong will lose or not make it to the finals. We will and we will win. this week we play sydney. this should be a good match i am looking forward to it, we allways have good matches with the swans. But its easy to tell who will win. The cats will eat the birds. We got all of our players back. Nothing is going to stop us we have way to much momentum.

What he said.

Cats are going to be 1st on the ladder and thats it. The top 3 will be Cats, then Dogs and Hawks could get switched around, but the top 3 teams are fixed. I reckon that the Grand Final will be Cats vs Hawks or Dogs. It depends who they play in the finals. For example, if the Dogs play the Kangas, we're pretty much gone. I reckon nothing can stop the Cats anymore. They beat both Hawthorn and Bulldogs, 2nd and 3rd place. And they've had only one loss. The Cts are on a hot streak, and they're going to win the Grand Final.

so i am watching Geelong vs West coast eagles and i am ashamed. we are winning but the way we are playing is fucking shocking. What is this sport coming to where Geelong can play shit for the last four weeks straight and still manage to win matches. This is a good match but we always have close matches with west coast eagles. they are our rivals i guess.

this is the last round of the season finals next week. :D
I cant wait. that one day in september is closing in fast. I am looking forward to the day where i get so smashed that i cant remember the match. the next day. If geelong dont make it in the finals there is something wrong with them.

Geelong vs Hawthorn for the grand final please. I want two melbourne based teams in the grand final this year its been a long time coming. and it would be a match that would be close. unlike last year.

It seems like the top 3 teams can play like shit and still manage to win by 30+ points. It shows how good those teams are.

Seriously Sparky, what do you have against the bulldogs? You debated with me against them youi left them out in every single thing you've said about the finals. We beat Hawthorn, at their home ground nonetheless, and we can do it again. The bad thing is we always struggle near the end of the season, but hopefully we can stop that this year and get into the grand final. I still think it will be Geelong vs Dogs for the cup.

:lmao: the only thing i think would be good about Geelong vs the bulldogs would be all the puns i could make while pissed. its raining cats and dogs. theses guys are at it like cats and dogs :lmao: nah Tam I like hawthorn. there is nothing wrong with the bulldogs, well i dont think so anyway. I like the bulldogs just like Hawthorn more. I think that hawthorn could challenge us better then the bulldogs. and thats what i want. I dont want another match where Geelong Slaughters the other team again and that is what will happen if we play the bulldogs. I dont think that the bulldogs are a strong enough team yet. I know they are third on the ladder but everybody has to be somewhere on the ladder. the only place that matters is first and last place. if your last place you suck if your first your the best of the best.

So Hawthorn is a stronger team than the bulldogs? How do you get that? I'm going to keep on saying this, we beat Hawthorn. Hawthorn have not beaten us this year. Cats smashed the dogs because we weren't really adjusted to the Cats style of play, and as a result they would run wild on us. If there was another match between the 2 teams, Cats might slacken a bit (I said might) and Dogs will know more about the Cats style of play.

So Hawthorn is a stronger team than the bulldogs?
well going on the ladder principal you would think the second on the ladder is better then the third. its not how they play against each other it is how they play against well most likely geelong.
I'm going to keep on saying this, we beat Hawthorn. Hawthorn have not beaten us this year.
but thats really nothing. I think we had a better game against the hawks then what we did the bulldogs. if you want me to go on the system you are using Tam we beat everybody. only Collingwood has beaten us this year.
Cats smashed the dogs because we weren't really adjusted to the Cats style of play, and as a result they would run wild on us.
Yes true. thats why i would prefer the hawks to play in the grand final.
If there was another match between the 2 teams, Cats might slacken a bit
(I said might)
well that makes it all better.
and Dogs will know more about the Cats style of play.
No. Geelong will improve, when they are in the grand final. they will not relax one bit. they will want to put them selves in the record book once again.

You had a better game against the Hawks because they were better suited to play against you and they saw that they could still get smashed, even though they were still second.
It will be a completely different match if we meet again. Teams are better the 2nd time they meet than they are the first time. But we will still get owned if we play you, as this time you will have Gary Ablett. But I still think Bulldogs will get into the Grand Final, we are good enough to.

Saint kilda played fantastic against essendn to get top four. howevr i think the cats have it in the bag. They have been in the best form all year except when they lost to the pies. No one should get near them in september. Especially with a full list basically to choose from and hardly any injuries. Hawks are the only side i can see knocking them off not even my team the saints can do it. Especially if hawks dont play to buddy conciosu footy and use there talents such as roughead williams and cyril.

Geelong will beat the Saints this week to advance to the Preliminary Finals. They are just unstoppable this year as they have only lost 1 single game. I think Hawthorn will actually manage to beat the Western Bulldogs as they haven't been great the last few weeks and managed to lose to my team, the Crows. Collingwood and Sydney will both lose and be eliminated this week.

The Grand Final will be Hawthorn vs Geelong with the Cats winning that by a rather large margin I'd assume. Bulldogs and either Adelaide or North Melbourne will be the final 4 teams left in the finals but I fully expect Geelong to win back to back premierships this year. They deserve it anyway.

Ok, lets see what's happened. Bulldogs vs Geelong is one of the preliminary finals and Hawthorn vs either Saints or Pies is the other. The Grand Final is going to be Geelong vs Hawks now. Dogs have no chance since they're playing Cats, and Hawks are doing pretty well. I think that it will be like last year, the Cats will absolutely destroy the Hawks. They are on a huge hot streak and I don't think anyone can stop them.

So, the Cats advance to the Grand Final and Dogs are knocked out. The game was really fun to watch, I was there. Except the umpiring was fucking atrocious, they never gave the Dogs free kicks for holding the ball and they didn't favour Cats either, they were just bad umpires. But both teams played with good pressure and it was much closer than last game. In the 3rd quarter, the Dogs had the opportunity to win, but they didn't seize it. The Cats were too strong for us.

Next Preliminary final is Saints vs Hawks to see who will face Cats in the Grand Final. I have a feeling that the Saints will win an upset somehow. I'm not sure how, I just think they will. But whoever wins, I know one thing; the Grand Final will be a repeat of last years. The Cats will destroy whoever they face and they will be back to back winners.

The Hawks demolished the Saints. Nine goals. Guess I was wrong. Hawks were just way too strong for the Saints, just like the Cats were too strong for the Dogs.It looks like Hodge maybe cracked his ribs, but I think he won't play in the Grand Final.

So, Hawks vs Cats in the Grand Final. Can't say I wasn't surprised by this. Rematch of the 1989 fianl, which was an awesome match won by only one goal, if i'm not mistaken. Anyway, the Cats are still on fire and they won't be dropping the cup to Hawthorn. But it will be a close match. The Hawks have got their power forward in Buddy, and I think they'll be relying on him a bit in this final.

Well, I was wrong. Hawthorn beat Geelong and are the 2008 premiers. That was unexpected. For the first half, the cats dominated the actual play and had most of the possession, but the scores still remained level, because the Hawks did something with each disposal, where the Cats did not do a lot with their disposals. In the second half, the Hawks got most of the disposals, and they did do something with most of their disposals, and in the end the score was Cats 11.23.89 to Hawks 18.7.115. The Cats, could've easily won this, if they had shot straight. But the match was really intense, at least 5 people were injured in some way and there were too many blows to count. And did anybody see Luke Hodge's 40 metre handball? :lmao: Shane Crawford retiring now as well. At least he got to go out on a high note. And Luke Hodge won the Norm Smith Medal, he was the only obvious hoice for me. But how would you feel if you were Gary Ablett, said to be the best player this season, and not winning the Brownlow, Norm Smith or the premiership? He seemed devastated at the end of the match. Ah well, this years over, can't wait til next year. Maybe next year will be the Year of the Dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back