• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Most Emotional Moments in Wrestling

Title speaks for itself.

Now I know that we have had a lot of deaths in the wrestling world, all of which are terribly sad, but in this case I'm talking about a kayfabe story that brought out some real emotion in you.

My example will always be Christian winning the World Heavyweight Title in a ladder match against Del Rio at Extreme Rules last year. As a fan of Christian from a young age, I always felt he deserved it. And though it only lasted a few days, on the night he won it, I shed a tear for Captain Charisma for finally achieving the big one.

Your turn?

Hmmmmm.... The only thing that ever made me close was Shawn Michaels' retirement speech on RAW. It was a real moment and we, as fans, live for those few moments that we get to see the real man behind the character that they portray on television.

Only other moment that came close to that is when Eric Young beat the crap out of Sean Waltman on TNA. I hate that guy. Of course lately, that stance has changed. After all, he did tweet me.

I guess im not the crying type or bring a tear to my eye but one moment that i had dust in my eye was after Macho Mans match at WM 7!! When him and Liz celebrated and hugged each other that was a touching moment!! Best moment i can think of i mean wow what a moment. Moments after Macho man lost his retirement match elizabeth comes in and saves the day!! Geez that was a heart touching moment

Victoria's WWE Retirement hit me hard because she is my favorite female wrestler and i never thought she was coming to TNA but she did!!!

The pyro accident was a big memory that made me drop a tear because i thought he was going to be done with wrestling forever because of that injury.... but he proved me wrong again!!!!!!!

Well i havent actually cried, besides hearing the news of eddie guerreros death, but a moment that brought sadness to me was the moment when undertaker said to hbk "STAY DOWN" , HBK slaps taker, taker then hits the tombstone and ends HBKS career, its my favourite moment in wwe history!

Actually, Litas retirement brought great sadness to me, she was my favourite wrestler of all time at that point, and she still had so much to offer......

Kayfabe wise its hard to say. The best moments take you outside the realm & play on knowledge the casual fan dosent really keep up with. It brings in a bit of reality & emotion to create a big moment.

Really the first one that comes to mind is the HBK/Flair match at WM. Right before he hit that last kick & mouthed "im sorry & i love you". Damn, that was big. Its really a shame that it didnt end up being the final match Flair would be in. It does take something away from an otherwise huge moment.

Other than that it would have to be @ WM 20 when Benoit & Eddie meet in the ring with their title belts. Being a longtime fan of both since early WCW, it felt like fans were in the ring with them that night more than ever. A long journey indeed.

I think this is a very good post...refreshing, new idea. Honestly, I cannot think of one myself. But, I am curious about one moment. Damien getting crushed by Earthquake. I didn't have a pet growing up; but, I am wondering if those who did found this to be a tear-jerking segment. Jake did a great job acting and I thought that if I had a pet--or that love of animals that most people have--that would have gotten me.

Actually, I am just now wondering if I cried when Andre turned on Hogan. I remember clearly that it ruined my day. My family was on its way out to dinner and I remember my mom telling me not to let it bother me and me saying "But, Mom, they're friends!" haha! I don't think I cried...but the feeling in my stomach that night, I do remember very well.

Not that this moment will ever rank as a tear jerker but probably because I was younger and got caught up in all the emotion of the moment but....

When Stone Cold came out to rescue Stephanie from the Ministry's "Black Wedding" and hearing JR yell over and over again "he didn't do it for Vince he did it because it was the right thing to do."

Hmm I can't say I had a tear in my eye but for certain moments I was feeling it. Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero celebrating with their respected titles at the end of Wrestlemania 20. Not only a Mania moment but a touching one as I to have been a fan of theirs during their WCW, and ECW run.

Another is when Chris Benoit lost his title at Summerslam 2004 and Randy Orton won it to become the youngest world heavyweight champion. I was honored to be at attendance that Summerslam. It was kind of a bittersweet moment. I felt happy for Randy Orton when he had that moment and got all emotional, and sad for Benoit when he lost it, but still stepped up and shook Randy's hand afterwards and told him "be a man" Benoit left and Randy was making history. Randy was a heel at the time but it's almost like we were making him become a face. They must have shut the cameras off at this point because I noticed as well while he was celebrating after Benoit had left, the announcers were about to go backstage but JR stood up and applauded him, thus stepping out of kayfabe.

Not his retirement speech, but the conclusion of Shawn Michael's last match, knowing that it was all over. I am just old enough to have caught the Midnight Rockers towards the end of their AWA days before going to the WWF, and have watched Shawn Michaels go from a punk ass whiny bitch to one of my all time favorite wrestlers. Don't get me wrong, the speech was very emotional, but I got more choked up watching the retirement match itself. Seeing a guy know that it was over, and still put in 110% effort anyway, determined to give the fans one last Wrestlemania moment got me. When Undertaker finally got the win, even knowing that it was the only possible conclusion to the match, felt like a punch to the gut.

The moment Shawn Michaels said "Im sorry, I love you" right before taking Ric Flair and putting him out of his misery. You see at the time I was naive and stupid and actually believed that it would be Flairs last match, and as a selfish wrestling fan I wasn't ready to let go of good ol Naitch' just yet. His party on Raw the next night also had me tearing up a box of Kleenex.

Edges retirement speech got me pretty bad and everytime I watch Eddies Guerreros tribute video with all the superstars talking about him it always gets me. I watched it last week and couldnt get further than 2 mins into it and I was In tears. I loved that man in the ring and I couldnt belive it had actually happened

The one moment that always brings moisture to my eyes has to be the Eddie Guerrero tribute show. The career highlights and the testimonials from the wrestlers (including a very emotional Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio) were tearjerkers as well.

Nothing, however, is as sad as the 10-bell tribute to Eddie at the beginning of the show. The camera revealed many people in the audience crying, saddened by the loss of a great person. All of the wrestlers were gathered on stage, and it is hard to miss Benoit on the edge of completely breaking down. Moments like that reveal the personal and emotional side of sports-entertainment, breaking kayfabe and providing a reminder that life is short and precious.

A very close runner-up would have to be at Wrestlemania 22, where Vickie Guerrero would come out to a standing ovation from the crowd, as she was there to accept Eddie's placement in the Hall of Fame. The crowd chanting "Eddie, Eddie" and showing their respect and admiration for the late great Eddie Guerrero was another unforgettable moment.

When a tear comes to my eye, its not usually from sadness but just from being amazed. Tears usually follow the goosebumps I get from amazing moments, even if they aren't sad at all. I've had a lot of these moments but the most recent was Rock's entrance at survivor series. Just seein him come down with the pop, the music, and the fact that it was 2011 was crazy. Undertakers entrance at WM was the same. The music helped that alot. The entrances usually get my emotions going. They are epic like certain scenes in movies.

When Edge defeated Underataker @ One Night Stand in 2008. I thought that the Undertake's career actually ended but that changed at Summerslam whn he returned. Can't beleiv I wasted a tear for that.:disappointed:

However I almost shed another at the last moments of HBK's career. The ending was epic saddenng as well. At that match the WWE just lost another legend.

The Eddie Guerrero Tribute was one to make me nearly shed a tear or two as well. It's a shame we've lost a legend & an great competitor in the year he dies (2005).

I have been watching for quite a while and I have three that instantly come to mind. The first is liz and macho reuniting at WM 7. The second is shawn ending flair's career with the words i am sorry i love you followed by a super kick, and the third being taker pinning shawn for his final match. All of these brought a tear to my eye. Shawn last match probably being the one that made me most sad.

Yeah I guess I'll just be repeating other people but a few of the top ones for me

1. Macho Man holding the ropes open for Miss Elizabeth at WM7

2. HBK's last match(so far) and the farewell address the next night

3. HBK and Flair at WM24 and HBK saying "I'm sorry. I love you" and of course the farewell party the next night. Looking back it still brings a tear but the fact that he couldn't stay out of the game waters that moment down a lot.

4. Edge's retirement speech. To see a guy who absolutely loved this business have to call it quits when he still had so much to offer while a lot of the guys still working probably were not even wrestling fans as a kid continue to get to work was emotional.

5. Shawn winning his first world title at WM12.

The entire Eddie Guerrero tribute hit me hard, seeing The Big Show pretty much lose it on camera almost made me do the same. I was really getting behind Eddie at the time, his death was a huge shock and the emotion during the tribute show was almost too much.

The moment Shawn Michaels said "Im sorry, I love you" right before taking Ric Flair and putting him out of his misery. You see at the time I was naive and stupid and actually believed that it would be Flairs last match, and as a selfish wrestling fan I wasn't ready to let go of good ol Naitch' just yet. His party on Raw the next night also had me tearing up a box of Kleenex.

Same here, that one had me looking like a sad puppy.

The worst ones for me would be the tributes to Benoit and Eddie, they were two of my favorites and to lose both of them relatively close together hurt bad as a guy who followed them from WCW. Then Edge and Shawn's retirement speeches really had me tearing up, I hated seeing both of them go.

The last time I got tears of happiness was Randy Orton's title bonanza at No Mercy, I was freaking out so much over the fact that he was awarded the WWE Championship by Vince and then HHH comes out and beats him for it. I was so upset I freaked the fuck out, but when he won it back that night I was so happy that I did indeed have tears of joy running down my face. It was such an emotional roller coaster of an event that I marked out like crazy when he won it back, I think everyone realized there that I am way to into wrestling.

Ken Shamrock
Bobby Heenan's hall of fame speech when he says he just wishes Monsoon was there to see it. A lovely moment

Thats's a real good one I was thinking of that too

The death of Eddie Guerrero hit me really hard. It was such a shocker I couldn't believe. I was watching Eddie Guerrero tributes videos and matches for like 2 weeks after his death. The one interview that hit me the hardest was like a week after Eddie's death Edge did a interview on WWE.com discussing his friendship with Eddie and some stories they shared together. The way Edge described Eddie made him seem like such a loving individual who would welcome anyone. I still have tha Raw Tribute show for both Eddie and Benoit on VHS. It's sad watching Edge tribute video on Benoit too.

Another moment that brought a tear to my eye is when Mankind lost the title after only holding it for a day. I was a huge Mick Foley fan as a kid and I was in such happiness when he won it and for it to be taken away from him after a day really made upset.

I also rember when my older brother and I were watching 1997 Summerslam heart and soul. When Shawn Michaels accidentallty hit Undertaker with the chair causeing Bret Hart to win the champion. My brother was crying like a baby he punched our basement wall and now has a scar on his knuckle from that

There have been a plethora of moments in the history of professional wrestling that have become engraved in the hearts of fans everywhere, but how many of them have personally moved you or have actually come close to bringing you to tears (without involving a wrestler's death)?

Three moments come to my mind.

One came at the end of the Wrestlemania 6 main event. After Hogan handed the Ultimate Warrior the WWF title, and he hopped on the mini-ring that transported superstars back into the locker-room area, they both saluted each other with a pound of the chest as Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse Ventura declared that Hulkamania would indeed last forever. Hogan's time as the face of the company seemed to be up and the torch had literally been passed. At the time I thought it really was the end of an era, but God knows I was wrong:suspic:.

The second was a video package that aired somewhere around the end of the invasion angle. It was the WWF desire video that featured Kid Rock's "Lonely Road of Faith" song. It was absolutely incredible realizing how much of the WWE's history I have witnessed and blessed I was to grow up during such a vibrant time in pro-wrestling.

Finally, Undertaker's salute to Shawn Michaels' before his retirement speech on Raw just blew me away. It was already going to be an emotional moment, being the farewell address of one of the greatest of all times (whether you loved his in-ring ability, or hated his backstage politicking, there is no denying he was entertaining to watch), but that unexpected gesture from the conscience of the WWE was extremely powerful. With the tip of his hat, the Undertaker showed HBK the ultimate sign of respect.

So what are some of the moments that made a deep impact on you?

Hogan not winning the title at Royal Rumble 92 really upset me. At 6 years old I had no idea Id re watch the match years later and consider Ric Flair one of my all time favorites and this to be my favorite performance of his.

A few with Shawn Micheals: The boyhood dream coming true, "I lost my smile" interveiw, Summerslam 2002, Survivor Series 2002, Wrestlemania 26 and of course his retirement.

Ric Flairs retirement, even though its kind of ruined looking back. I did, at the time, think he was done.

Eddies title win, Benoits title win, the close of Wrestlemania XX were some of my last "great" wrestling memories. Eddies death I took pretty hard.

When Shawn Michaels retired I got emotional. During Ric Flair's retirement speech I shed a tear. And when Eddie Guerrero died I cried.

Most emotional I've ever been though was watching the Randy Savage tribute video WWE put out. "The Scientist" by Coldplay is a great song and when it played I can remember just sitting up and watching it, by the end I was crying, mostly because of the coming together of both the lyrics and the images on-screen. The line, "Come back to meet you, tell you I'm sorry, you don't know how lovely you are" had some unknown underlined meaning to me, because it fit the story between Savage and the WWE. It was a fantastic tribute.

I can also remember crying during the Chris Benoit RAW Memorial show. Some people still give him grief but I'll always remember Benoit the wrestler and that night was a fine, three hour example of how great a wrestler Benoit was, I remember a lot of guys crying when they spoke about him and it had the same effect on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back