Xbox 360: Madden 2011: Online Franchise Sign-Up

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
In under one week, the game will be available to the world. Now is the time to sign-up to be apart of the WZ Xbox 360 Online Franchise.

If so, put your gamertag and the team you'd like to be here.

Since this is the second time we're running this, the original members of the first Franchise have the right to return with the same teams, if they so choose to.

Official Members/Teams:

1. TheOneBigWill (Carolina Panthers)
2. Ty Burna (Minnesota Vikings)
3. Stormtrooper85 (New York Jets)
4. Joe's Gonna Kill U Baltimore Ravens
5. Simpsons_fanatic742 Dallas Cowboys
6. Minor League Brian Washington Redskins
7. Marquis New Orleans Saints
8. Patriots8686 New England Patriots
9. Miamifins2381 Miami Dolphins

I will be adding the rules from the first League, as well as the League's official name/password upon getting the game set-up.

Gamertag: Big P 1985
Team: New York Jets

Also, I would suggest we not start the franchise until after the first roster update.

I agree. That also gives everyone a general chance to get a copy of this game. So, the league start time will be roughly within the week of the First Roster Update.

I agree. That also gives everyone a general chance to get a copy of this game. So, the league start time will be roughly within the week of the First Roster Update.

I third this motion as I think everyone would like to have time to get used to the new feel of the game as well.

I third this motion as I think everyone would like to have time to get used to the new feel of the game as well.

1. You're right about needing to get the new feel of the game. All the people who say it's just a roster update have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
2. I thought you would be one of the few who would want to start right away, because the longer we wait, the more chance you have of starting Tavaris Jackson. Favre's on the original rosters, but might be removed by the first roster update if he retires.

I call Redskins, however not sure if I'll have it day of just yet. I need to see what kind of money I got layin' around and when I can make it up there.

Everything has been updated. I also added Marquis, as he mentioned returning as the Saints the last time I spoke with him on MSN.

Simpsons_fanatic, I put you back as Dallas. I don't know if you wanted to stick with them or not though. It's your choice, on whether you want them back - or a new team.

Dallas should rock face in the game this year, I worry how my Redskins will preform though...They should be great but Madden's rating updates are stupid and our Oline hasn't seen action yet.

But yeah...why I can I facebook like comments now?

1. You're right about needing to get the new feel of the game. All the people who say it's just a roster update have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
2. I thought you would be one of the few who would want to start right away, because the longer we wait, the more chance you have of starting Tavaris Jackson. Favre's on the original rosters, but might be removed by the first roster update if he retires.

Meh if I have to use Tarvaris for a year and I have to draft someone after, so be it. Speaking of which I hope they fixed the online franchise by putting a fucking salary cap and not giving us the ratings of players in the draft before hand. Those are my two major complaints about the online franchise. Make it a more fleshed out franchise mode rather than skimping on the features. It's not like it takes that much to add them in.

Fuck never mind, sounds like they didn't even touch Online Franchise. So it appears I'll be fighting for a QB once again.

Meh if I have to use Tarvaris for a year and I have to draft someone after, so be it. Speaking of which I hope they fixed the online franchise by putting a fucking salary cap and not giving us the ratings of players in the draft before hand. Those are my two major complaints about the online franchise. Make it a more fleshed out franchise mode rather than skimping on the features. It's not like it takes that much to add them in.

I agree on both counts. EA Sports hasn't said anything about online Franchise so far, other then to say they that they have been hard at work making a completely new on/offline franchise mode for Madden 12. My biggest gripe was the fact that the CPU teams didn't didn't sign/drop any players. the commish would have to manually go and sign free agents to teams. Of course as a Jets fan, I don't want a Salary Cap/player contracts, because the Jets have a bunch of players who are in contract years (Cro, Holmes, Edwards, and others). Plus I'd need to give new (big) contracts to guys like Revis, Mangold, and Harris. My offline franchise is gonna be a bitch, trying to sign all those guys. I may have to trade one of the receivers.

2 days. Anyone else getting pumped for Madden 11? I can't wait. NCAA is fun, but I need my Jets (who are the 4th best team in Madden).

I agree on both counts. EA Sports hasn't said anything about online Franchise so far, other then to say they that they have been hard at work making a completely new on/offline franchise mode for Madden 12. My biggest gripe was the fact that the CPU teams didn't didn't sign/drop any players. the commish would have to manually go and sign free agents to teams. Of course as a Jets fan, I don't want a Salary Cap/player contracts, because the Jets have a bunch of players who are in contract years (Cro, Holmes, Edwards, and others). Plus I'd need to give new (big) contracts to guys like Revis, Mangold, and Harris. My offline franchise is gonna be a bitch, trying to sign all those guys. I may have to trade one of the receivers.

I wonder how they'll handle the "no cap" season we have right now. I'm assuming they'll keep a hard cap on Madden otherwise it'll end up like how I was doing franchises when I was bored on 10 and loading up on high potential players. But yeah, you got issues on your offline franchise. I know for the Vikes I have to get a QB the very first draft, Favre or not. I gotta hope Gerhardt develops nicely as my second back, otherwise I gotta get another stud to backup Peterson. WR's I should be excellent. My O line will need some work. Hutch and McKinnie are getting up there and I have to get Sullivan and Loadholt up to speed progression wise, and find a replacement for Herrera. Defensive wise I need to find a stud DT to replace Pat Williams, a linebacker or two, and of course work on my horrendous secondary, starting with replacing Madieu Williams and get a CB to replace Winfield when he retires. The Vikes got some very good talent but I gotta go to work right away to prep for the future.

2 days. Anyone else getting pumped for Madden 11? I can't wait. NCAA is fun, but I need my Jets (who are the 4th best team in Madden).

I'm majorly stoked for Madden right now. My bros and I were planning on going to the midnight release on Monday, but our Gamestop isn't having a midnight release for some fucked up reason. So Tuesday we're heading up there and walking in the very minute the store opens and getting our copies, and bouncing back home right away. Hell I took the day off just for Madden.

Also, if I had $900 to blow for no apparent reason other than this is awesome, I would totally get this chair for my little piece of the house that is the man cave:

77.png

I wonder how they'll handle the "no cap" season we have right now. I'm assuming they'll keep a hard cap on Madden otherwise it'll end up like how I was doing franchises when I was bored on 10 and loading up on high potential players.
I would think the cap would be off. There will definitely have an option for the cap, but the current rules don't have a cap, and the game is a sim that accurately portrays the NFL rules.

But yeah, you got issues on your offline franchise.I know for the Vikes I have to get a QB the very first draft, Favre or not. I gotta hope Gerhardt develops nicely as my second back, otherwise I gotta get another stud to backup Peterson. WR's I should be excellent. My O line will need some work. Hutch and McKinnie are getting up there and I have to get Sullivan and Loadholt up to speed progression wise, and find a replacement for Herrera. Defensive wise I need to find a stud DT to replace Pat Williams, a linebacker or two, and of course work on my horrendous secondary, starting with replacing Madieu Williams and get a CB to replace Winfield when he retires. The Vikes got some very good talent but I gotta go to work right away to prep for the future.

TY, how could you forget about the great Lito Sheppard?! (this was sarcasm. It's easy to forget about him, he sucks major major ass.)

Actually, I'm pretty stacked for the future.
Sanchez: 82
Greene: 80 (which is bullshit, he was higher toward the end of the roster updates last year)
Keller: 82; Edwards: 85; J-Co: 85; Holmes: 87
Brick: 97; Mangold: 97; Ducasse (2010 2nd round LG): 75
Harris: 91; Scott: 89
Revis: 99; Cro; 83; Leonhard: 85; Kyle Wilson (1st round CB): 76

My only immediate moves would be to trade one of the receivers possibly (for picks), and then trade Bryan Thomas. Both moves would free up possible cap space, and get me the ability to sign my guys that deserve big contracts.

I'm majorly stoked for Madden right now. My bros and I were planning on going to the midnight release on Monday, but our Gamestop isn't having a midnight release for some fucked up reason. So Tuesday we're heading up there and walking in the very minute the store opens and getting our copies, and bouncing back home right away. Hell I took the day off just for Madden.
I gotta call my GameStop to see if they are doing a midnight. They did last year, so I'm hoping they do it again.

I would think the cap would be off. There will definitely have an option for the cap, but the current rules don't have a cap, and the game is a sim that accurately portrays the NFL rules.

True, we'll see what happens

TY, how could you forget about the great Lito Sheppard?! (this was sarcasm. It's easy to forget about him, he sucks major major ass.)

Just a stop gap solution, gotta tell myself that. Just a stop gap until Cedric Griffin gets healthy......OH FUCK. In all seriousness, Chris Cook from what I've heard has looked outstanding in training camp, but Chilly won't trust a rookie to start at the Cornerback position. No way in hell. He'll be nickel CB I hope unless Chilly don't trust that and keeps Sapp at nickel.

That reminds me, did I mention I hate my fucking secondary aside from Winfield?
Actually, I'm pretty stacked for the future.
Sanchez: 82
Greene: 80 (which is bullshit, he was higher toward the end of the roster updates last year)
Keller: 82; Edwards: 85; J-Co: 85; Holmes: 87
Brick: 97; Mangold: 97; Ducasse (2010 2nd round LG): 75
Harris: 91; Scott: 89
Revis: 99; Cro; 83; Leonhard: 85; Kyle Wilson (1st round CB): 76

You definitely got some very good young players. I got a lot of 3-5 year players that are awesome, but a good amount of veterans close to retiring in key positions. That's what scares me the most. Once they retire I'm in a bad spot.

My only immediate moves would be to trade one of the receivers possibly (for picks), and then trade Bryan Thomas. Both moves would free up possible cap space, and get me the ability to sign my guys that deserve big contracts.

Trade Braylon Edwards. The dude dropped 5 passes for me in the demo, so fuck him.

I gotta call my GameStop to see if they are doing a midnight. They did last year, so I'm hoping they do it again.

I was really stoked, never been to a midnight release before and I was hoping they'd have a tourney going on so I could see how stack up against others...but I guess no dice on that.

That chair needs a Jets logo, then I'd want it.

The website I saw it on gives you the option for logos, so yes you can get a Jets logo on it. That chair looks like the ultimate gaming/Sunday lounging chair.

Don't think I'll be getting this game. Money is not out there this year as it was last year. Patriots are open to anybody who wants them, even if I had gotten the game I wouldnt have picked them anyway.

For all of you who can't wait until Tuesday, here are the player ratings for all 32 teams:

The NFC Teams

The AFC Teams

My goodness, looks like Carolina will need a hope and then some on the Roster update.. or else I'll have to majorly step up my game to make them look like a Championship contender.

The average OVR is between 63-67, that makes me feel sick.

The positives: Offense. Williams and Stewart will be amazing. Moore isn't rated high, but he's better than Delhomme a year ago (I think). Smith is as usual, but the guys behind him are 71-and below. And my O-line is stacked very nicely.

The negatives: Defense. Seriously, when I said between 63-67.. I was targeting every player on D. To think I'll be starting an entire D-Line that is rated 70 at best. An OLB core, lead by Beason (+) and two other guys in their mid-60's, and two solid CB's tied up with 1 solid FS & 1 unknown SS.

Yeah.. I'll be trying harder than I had hope to, just to win managable games. And to think, Marquis is coming in as the Saints. :( If he figures out how to completely control them, I could very well be fucked.

Don't think I'll be getting this game. Money is not out there this year as it was last year. Patriots are open to anybody who wants them, even if I had gotten the game I wouldnt have picked them anyway.

It sucks that you won't be rejoining us. If you ever get the chance to pick up a copy, you're always welcome in. I hope you can find a way back to us.

Just a stop gap solution, gotta tell myself that. Just a stop gap until Cedric Griffin gets healthy......OH FUCK. In all seriousness, Chris Cook from what I've heard has looked outstanding in training camp, but Chilly won't trust a rookie to start at the Cornerback position. No way in hell. He'll be nickel CB I hope unless Chilly don't trust that and keeps Sapp at nickel.

That reminds me, did I mention I hate my fucking secondary aside from Winfield?
You didn't, but you should, because Lito Sheppard is on your team. I would suggest NEVER using him in Madden. He can't do Man coverage. Although, Childress was with the Eagles, so he may know Lito. Maybe he can get something out of him.....

You definitely got some very good young players. I got a lot of 3-5 year players that are awesome, but a good amount of veterans close to retiring in key positions. That's what scares me the most. Once they retire I'm in a bad spot.
Yeah, the only guys on the Jets that I'd be worried about retirement would be Jason Taylor, LT, and Damien Woody. They are the only starters with 10 years in the league.

Trade Braylon Edwards. The dude dropped 5 passes for me in the demo, so fuck him.
He's likely, because he's also making 10 million I think. Plus Holmes is better (and I think younger).

I was really stoked, never been to a midnight release before and I was hoping they'd have a tourney going on so I could see how stack up against others...but I guess no dice on that.
Yeah, my Gamestops Madden 10 Midnight had the game on all the systems. I played the Wii one and then picked up the game at midnight and left. It was basically like just shopping, just at Midnight.

1. I know why you're not getting it. You're afraid of me......
2. Trade in a bunch of shit at GameStop, the game will cost less.

I'm going to put my money down and pay the game off tonight I think. Does it come off tomorrow? Ah well.

And I think they'll be an update in a few days for rosters but do you mean after the first season game? Or that one as they'll have to take off a lot of players for this injury ridden off-season and the amount of cuts we've had.

You didn't, but you should, because Lito Sheppard is on your team. I would suggest NEVER using him in Madden. He can't do Man coverage. Although, Childress was with the Eagles, so he may know Lito. Maybe he can get something out of him.....

I think the last 4 years of Madden I've spent so many draft picks on CBs and it appears that trend will continue. Luckily on Madden I got Griffin still healthy so at least Lito will be a nickel CB unless I move Cook up, which is very likely.
Yeah, the only guys on the Jets that I'd be worried about retirement would be Jason Taylor, LT, and Damien Woody. They are the only starters with 10 years in the league.
And really those are players you're not gonna have to worry about too much for replacing.

He's likely, because he's also making 10 million I think. Plus Holmes is better (and I think younger).

I honestly don't know what happened to Braylon. He had that one awesome season with the Browns and then caught a case of perma butter hands afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back