WZCW Show Reviews

Meltdown 50

Opening Segment - Myles, Phoenix and Blade
I was a little surprised that the opening segment was not given over to the WHC match. That said, the segment did what it needed to. Myles highlighted the importance of Meltdown's anniversary while Blade and Phoenix went through their history, building for their confrontation. I was also surprised that Blade/Phoenix was being "given away" rather than being at LL or KC. Although perhaps this is not the end...

Constantine def. Brad Bomb to qualify for the Lethal Lottery
While Constantine reaching LL might have been unsurprising, I liked how Bomb was far from squashed in this contest. Indeed, Constantine almost seemed a little fortunate with the suddeness of his victory. I am also glad to see that the reasons behind Constantine's numerous chances has been revealed but more on that later

Meltdown Memories #1
Nicely done segment here. Rather than a list of stories, the whole segment was interwoven as if telling one big story with numerous narrators.

Michael Winters def. Johnny Sherman to qualify for the Lethal Lottery
Any squash is good for the victor but I am glad that this was not a MONSTER squash as I really like the Sherman character and think it has a good future. As for Winters, I'd like to see him in a protracted feud - there are several potential candidates such as Barbosa, Kravinoff or Phoenix

The Ratings Spike - The Power Behind the Trip
Finally, a little explanation behind SPT! Maybe a little more build might have been appropriate, especially if this will lead to a BIG feud on Ascension. I like where it is going but if this is going the "evil boss" route then I think there needs to be an ally introduced for Reynolds; perhaps someone like Gordito, should he not win the title, or one or two of the rookies. Interesting times ahead.

Meltdown Memories #2
Great stuff. Wasabi continues to great fun while the Kravinoff blurb was so inkeeping with his new character.

Steven Holmes def. Jordan Lights
The Crashins continue to look all the more like a potent, well rounded stable but if they continue to make enemies at this rate (more later) they will be faced with a massive backlash soon...

Backstage - Myles and Beckford
I thought maybe Myles might have commented on the Bateman/SPT revelation but his booking of the EurAsian match for LL made a lot of sense. Now those who have not made it into the LL match itself still have something to look forward too.

Blade def. Phoenix
Two guys who hate each other beat the shit out of each other. I really hope that this is not the end of their feud. Much of it has been played out in the middle of title contendership/title matches but now I think that there is the perfect chance to see them focussing solely on each other. Blade might have got the win but the massive spot could easily be jumped upon by Phoenix as "lucky"

Meltdown Memories #3
More great stuff. The Titus interview with Wossy was excellent. Great to hear from Max and Ricky too.

Brothers in Arms def. The Motor City Psychos to become #1 Contenders to the WZCW Tag Team Titles
Again, the Crashins continue to make enemies. No real problem for the MCP for losing as they are now part of the title scene/feud with Crashins. As I mentioned in my potential KC card, I foresee a massive multi-team tag match.

Backstage Segment - Ty Addresses
More good WZCW history plus Ty speaking on the usual face/face title spiel

WZCW EurAsian Champion, Chris Beckford def. Mr Baller in a non-title match
Good contest. Nice to see Baller's reincarnation continue to have some success (including some redemption for the last time they met) while Beckford looks set for a good title reign.

Backstage Segment - AVH
The SPT/Reynolds saga continues to gather steam. Could Bateman be involved in trying to get rid of his own talent?

Ty Burna def. Everest to retain the WCZW title
One word. EPIC. I almost expected Big Dave to try and cost Ty so he could get to beat Everest for the title but the clean finish was more than wlecome.

Moment of the Night
The new layers to Reynolds/SPT/Bateman

Match of the Night
Blade/Phoenix was good but Ty/Everest was tremendous

Ascension 25

Opening Segment - Big Dave and Everest
Glad to see that this feud would not be left to play out further just in the LL itself. I have predicted that it would make it to KC with a big blow out stipulation and nothing has changed. Small things like Everest selling his match with Ty and the post-match beatdown always bring a smile to my face. Attention to detail and consistency.

Hunter Kravinoff def. Austin Reynolds
Little surprised as to how this played out. I have no problem with Kravinoff winning as he is fast becoming my favourite character and is in my eyes now the favourite to win LL as I expect Big Dave and Everest to take each other out.

However, I thought that this match could have gone a different way - SPT interference costing Reynolds or perhaps the match taking place after the events later in the show so Reynolds would be distracted. By losing cleaning and with a decisive tap out how are we supposed to believe any of Reynolds' usual bluster going into LL and that he really has a chance against SPT? Or perhaps that was the point?

Backstage - Baez
Not much to say other than Baez is always fun and how do you have a determined look on your face when you wear a mask? Has Baez suddenly become Rorschach?

DK Wilton def. Mark Hancock
This was nothing short of perfect. So inkeeping with Wilton's character. Now he can continue to crow about how dominant he is and yet he still has not won a match fairly. The makings of a good heel.

Backstage - Reynolds and SPT: Skull Crushing Finale?
Yet further escalation in the feud. I would be wary of burying Reynolds too much and as I mentioned earlier perhaps his match with Kravinoff could have come after or perhaps even during this incident with maybe Reynolds tapping out to save his friend but Dominic getting kabonged anyway.

Backstage - Chris Jones
Nice set up for later developments but Jones needs to have a heart-to-heart chat with Winters.

Tucker Graham def. Chris Jones to qualify for the Lethal Lottery
Great counter to finish off a good little contest. It sees that being plastered all of WZCW RPs and pressing the flesh with #1 Contenders (ahem!) has paid off for Graham. Who knew that omnipotence could be so... useful? Tucker could easily claim a shot at Ferbian seeing as where Jones has moved onto in defeat.

Backstage - Rookie Conference
The unexpected Barbosa turn is always amusing so long as it is used sparingly. This is a perfect example that just goes to highlight that this guy is nuts.

Ferbian def. Sam Smith to retain the WZCW Mayhem Title
I am glad that this was not another long Mayhem match. Sure it took a big spot to put Smith away but by not being mammoth in length it helps the Mayhem division retain some kind of reality. Occasionally yes we should get two guys beating the shit out of each other and kicking out of everything under the sun but that is best left for a PPV.

Backstage Segment - The Crashins Worry
Another good heel segment. There is some delicious irony in Holmes and Crashin talking the psychologist into going out alone against someone on a monster run.

Big Dave def. Dr. Steven Kurtsey
A bit surprised that we did not see either Everest or BiA after the bell seeing as how this was the go home show. A mass brawl between BiA and the Crashins leaving Everest to get some revenge on Big Dave, only for the latter to escape and take a powder.

Backstage - SPT
More heelish goodness as SPT chuckle at Reynolds' despair.

Showtime Dave Cougar def. Baez, the Killjoy to retain the WZCW Elite X Title
Great match here with Baez continuing to be the nearly man of WZCW. So close. I am liking the continued use of heelish tactics from Showtime as it would have been quite easy to forget to change anything about him after his turn. More attention to detail.

Barbosa def. Gordito
Gordito is such an easy face for any heel to play off of. So many of the faces in WZCW could easily be cool heels without changing much about their character but I don't think that Gordito would. That is no mean feat. Dirty, along with the writers of his matches, should be given a lot of praise for their building of him as a believeable but not sickening face over the passed year.

As for the match, great back and forth contest between these two with Ty adding good commentary/scouting. I especially liked his claim to understand Barbosa, highlighting the dark side to Ty all the more.

There is definitely some bias in my next statement but I think the right person won in terms of the story and the general feel of the show itself being very pro-heel, while it does not hurt Gordito as he can always say that he had the match won. The match also highlighted the dynamic of the LL contest - heel vs face vs tweener. Yeah, I cannot quite bring myself to see Ty as a face. What can I say, he does heelish things but that is not a problem. A properly done tweener is as good as anything in any form of wrestling.

Moment of the Night
DK Wilton wins and addresses the crowd

Match of the Night
Barbosa def. Gordito

Opening Segment: Like the talk between Dave and Everest and am also glad to see the feud continue at the Lethal Lottery however, I feel like this match should've been for number twenty and Constantine/Reynolds should be for whoever gets the #1 spot.It would've been more suiting for Reynolds to enter as number 1 in the Lottery to symbolize his uphill battles that he will have to face against Showtime Powertrip. Not that big of a deal though.

Kravinoff vs Reynolds: Good match, and am pleased to see Kravinoff continue his run as I see him winning the Lethal Lottery. But however I have to disagree with the way Reynolds lost. Showtime Powertrip should've done something here to cost Reynolds the match as now he looks weak heading into his match at the Lottery.

Baez segment: What is there to say about Baez other then he kicks ass. He is very entertaining character and this segment was no different.

Wilton vs Mark Hancock: Obvious win for Wilton here with Leafy leaving the forums, but Wilton looked strong here, and gains some momentum heading into the Lottery picking up his first win. His character needed that edgyness and kudos to Numbers for getting the character spot on.

Showtime Powetrip beat down segment: Good to see this happen as it continues to show the uphill battle Reynolds has and he needs to find somebody to help him out soon, however I wish I saw more of this right after his match and costing him his match as I mentioned earlier. Will Reynolds be able to make it to LL is now the question? And he could be the underdog story a la Rey Mysterio winning the rumble.

Jones segment: Not a fan of the placing of this segment as this basically tells me that Jones was not going to win his match before even reading it. This should've been placed after his match of saying that he had a backup plan in store in case he loss.

Jones vs Graham: Decent match, nothing too special here. Tucker enters the Lottery although it was pretty predictable and now we have to wait and see what the backup plan for Jones is.

Rookies backstage: Nice short segment of a couple of young guns dreaming of winning the Lottery while Barbosa hurts their inspirations a little bit. Barbosa has some confidence in him which is good to see from a nutcase.

Mayhem Championship Match: Just like last week, there was no reason for Ferbian to drop the belt, as he just won the belt and needs some steam heading into whatever his next feud will be. It was a good back and forth match, Smith looked decent enough while Ferbian continues on his roll. And then after the match we find out what Jones backup plan was, as he will now be facing Ferbian at LL. No need for Ferbian to lose there either as it is kind of a random match put together, but nonetheless it is the Mayhem division and anything can happen.

Big Dave vs Kurtesy: Actually was surprised this match didn't go on longer as both these men have been on a roll ately and both gave very good rps this round. Glad that Kurtesy dominated the whole match while in the end Big Dave found a way to pull it out, and continues on his roll to LL to face Everest in loser gets the number 1 spot in the LL. Dave needed that win more then Kurtesy does as he heads back to the tag division, so from a booking stand point this made sense.

Showtime Powetrip backstage: Got to love these two evil guys as a team. Great confidence now, and they will be ready to celebrate after Cougar's title defense.

Elite X Title Match: Another very good match, and the SPT continue their dominance as they should as they roll along in the Lethal Lottery. Glad to see Showtime have to cheat to beat Baez, and Baez does not look weak here at all heading into the ppv. This was my favorite match of the night and was very well done.

Barbosa vs Gordito: Ty on commentary, what could be better right. The two challengers for Ty's world title, and I honestly can not wait for that match as all three would be a great choice for world champion. Another great back and forth match with Barbosa winning, making Gordito the clear underdog out of the three to come out of LL with the gold. Ty was absolute gold on commentary in this match and made it so much better.

After the match, Ty attacks Barbosa leaving him the last man standing, and I see that happening once more at LL with Ty riding high heading into Kingdom Come. A great go home show, leading up to a great pay per view card.

Overall Grade: 8/10

Lethal Lottery III

Opening Segment - The 10 Bell Salute
A class act.

Big Dave def. Everest
Initially, this felt short to me but on a second reading it was simply because I was able to read through it so quickly. That is a testament to the writing and layout of the match. The idea that it was a hard-hitting, physical affair really leapt off the webpage.

Backstage Segment #1: Number Drawing and Name Teasing
This is what this type of event is all about.

Constantine def. Austin Reynolds by disqualification
This kind of retribution has long been coming and Constantine felt it full force, with an emotional Reynolds showing that his thirst for revenge surpassed his want to win the Lethal Lottery.

Backstage Segment #2: Beckford and Kensworth
Good to see the EurAsian Champion get some air time. With all the other title matches and storylines, this Open Challenge sort felt a little tacked on in the build up, even though it was going to give a rookie a chance at a title.

Brothers in Arms def. The Crashin Movement to become WZCW World Tag Team Champions
I thought that maybe this feud could have played out a bit further before the titles changed hands. I don't think that the Movement's rampage has quite been played out to its fullest. Perhaps we still might see more but even if we do not, the match itself was a fitting climax to this feud.

Backstage Segment #3 - CAT FIGHT!!
Where was Joey Styles when you needed him? Serafina clearly does not like Stacey, although I am uncertain as to why. Could lead to something interesting down the line.

Chris Beckford def. Dr. Alhazred to retain the WZCW EurAsian Title
This was a great contest - the perfect way to use an Open Challenge such as this. Alhazred got to prove that he belongs on the main roster and that he can live with someone the class of Beckford, while the champion continues to show his strengths and will to win.

If I had a criticism about this scenario, I would say that perhaps the three challengers who did not get the title match could have been put in a match against each other, if only for them not to have completely wasted their RP.

Backstage Segment #4 - Gordito
Gordito gives a very John Cena-esque promo and that is no bad thing considering there are many similarlities in their characters. With what is something of a lack of faces in the main event scene (I still refuse to see Ty as one), Gordito could have his spot up there for quite sometime.

Chris Jones def. Ferbian to become the new WZCW Mayhem Champion
This was another brutal, hard-hitting affair that could have either way and may have been the closest in the RP stakes and I am glad to see a good old cynical low blow settling this match, although I see the feud continuing.

Backstage Segment - Mystery
Good to see DK and Cooper getting some brief air time and along with characters like Alhazred they should continue to be allowed to bring some comic relief to the shows. Nice build to the surprise entrant as well, while at the same time removing Titus and Vengeance from the running.

Ty Burna def. Gordito and Barbosa to retain the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship
First off, I must say that I was so pleased with my RP that I thought that it would take something ridiculous to stop me from taking the title - unfortunately for me, Ty's RP was just that...

As for the match itself, it was really good. Neither of the losers can claim any ideas of being buried as it took all the heavy artillery, and even some newer ones, to end the match as well as some bad luck on the part of Barbosa by getting tied up in the ropes.

I cannot speak for Dirty but I personally am very happy with how Barbosa was portrayed and how strong he looked up in the main event and of course he has the ammunition for a future promo that Ty could not beat him and that it took luck to prevent him from becoming champion.

Actually, in a rather strange coincidence, the finish looked very similar to how I would have imagined Barbosa winning the title - Gordito gets tied up in the ropes and Ty eventually passing out to the Doppelganger after trying to counter it into a pin much like Baez did.

If I had one criticism, it might be that the quality of the writing itself did not match the overall story of the match (if that makes sense). It just seemed a little rushed with a lot of bullet point phrases which came off a little like a shopping list of moves and spots and sort of disrupting the flow in places; although it is my understanding that there may be some extenuating circumstances.

Showtime Dave Cougar wins Lethal Lottery III

I will start with my limited criticisms. I didn't think Connor should have reminded the reader that Reynolds was still in the match just before he beat the shit out of Constantine on his entrance. The only other thing I would have done differently is stylistic. I think that it might be better to have the elimination of each competitor highlighted in a similar way to the new entrants or simply put in bold so it makes them harder to miss. Took me about five mins to realise that DK Wilton had been eliminated and not just flattened by Everest's Rock Slide. But as I said, those are extremely petty criticisms.

As for the match as a whole - a truly fantastic achievement by all involved. You cannot tell where the three sections come together as it all blends together seamlessly. It would have been very easy to fall into bland back and forth action and attempted eliminations jumping from spot to spot, whether they be big moments, entrances or eliminations but that was expertly avoided. Sure, it may have gotten somewhat confusing at times but for me this kind of chaos is part and parcel of this type of match.

No character was misused or mistreated with all that deserved it given their moment to shine. Kravinoff looked like an animal that took several men to slay; Baez looked like he might cause the big upset and beat the crap out of Big Dave for a prolonged period; Winters looked every inch a top contender; Reynolds almost succeeded in all of his aims against the odds (and a devastating beating mid-match) only to be thwarted at the very end.

And from a personal point of view I'd just like to say... I TOLD YOU SO! I predicted that Barbosa would be in the LL. Yeah, sure I claimed that he would enter three separate times after winning the World Title and then face himself at Kingdom Come too but we cannot be perfect... Seriously though, a great cameo from Barbosa, bitch-slapping everyone who dared look at him including the eventual winner and even one who would not look him in the eye... The glutton in me would like to have seen him eliminate more than one but there is such a thing as over-egging the pudding, gilding the lily or some other such metaphoric simile. An excellent use of the missed Tucker Graham RP too.

Now we have so many different potential angles to follow up on - Ty vs Showtime and how Reynolds and Constantine will react to that and each other; where does Big Dave go from here? Which of his Lethal Lottery victims will step up to confront the rampaging Barbosa or will he choose his next victim himself? Everest? Gordito? Ty? The list is almost endless.

Match of the Night
The Lethal Lottery

Highlight of the Night
A toughie with so many good moments but for pure selfishness I will go with Barbosa's Lethal Lottery Rampage

We're off on the Road to Kingdom Come as everything's being set in motion and Lethal Lottery has given us one hell of a start. So, it's time for FunKay's review of all that went down at the biggest battle royale this side of the internet.

Positives:

Thank You CM: This was a really, really nice thing that you guys did and it was great to see the respect that you guys have given to CM. I know Ty had a solid relationship with him so it was only natural that his namesake, the World Champion would be the last one to leave. A fitting tribute.

Everest vs. Big Dave: For the second straight PPV, there was an excellent match between these two, only this time it was opening the show and had larger implications. The 10 germans was a great way to kick this off and Dave's repeated kicks came across as vicious. Nice variations of finishers there as we rarely see Dave use Checking Out (usually Stamp of Athority). Great way to kick us off.

Austin Reynolds vs. John Constantine: Again, a good contest between these two. This was never going to be the hard hitting match we had seen between Everest & Dave, and it made perfect sense for Reynolds to bring the chair with him for both revenge and as an equaliser. Reynolds may have lost, but he looked great doing it, smashing one of his arch-nemesis' skulls in with his latest friend.

World Tag Team Championships: This was a well done match. I would say it was the best written besides the Lottery (more on that later). GD pulled out one hell of an RP and I defy anyone to top that in the midcard. Toyota will be one unstoppable force when he moves into the singles division. Am I upset with the loss of the titles? Of course, but that's human nature, but it's also made me even hungrier to succeed. Excellent match. Will it culminate the feud between the two? Perhaps, perhaps not. We'll just have to wait to find out.

Beckford's Open Challenge: Nice to see the latest doctor in WZCW get a shot at the EurAsian belt. I think there's a lot of potential with the Alhazard character and he gave it a good go with Beckford. Chris looks good also with the win under his belt against a hot talent. Good stuff all round.

Mayhem Championship: Chris Jones once again sits atop the Mayhem mountain. Should be interesting to see where he goes now. He could be in for another short reign or he could go on to have a long, succesful reign, such is the nature of the Mayhem division. It was a solid match between the two and Jones using the Lifesaver was interesting (again, like Dave, he doesn't use that finisher often).

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat: This was a quality match as we saw several near falls/submissions. Barbosa came close multiple times, and I loved how the mutual respect between Gordito & Burna played out (Ty seems to be the resident 'respect' fella, first Vengeance and now Gordito?). Gordito will most definitely have to take a step back after this and it will be interesting where he ends up next. Barbosa...well we'll talk about him during the Lottery.

Final Countdown: You bastards liked teasing us didn't you? It was good to see a quick little reminder of some of the participants going into the match.

Lethal Lottery - 2011: Vicious, violent, entertaining and I finally got to hear Sam Smith's theme (I was too lazy to look it up). Really well written and there was a great balance. There were a couple of slip-ups (I too was confused by DK's elimination and had to re-read it). Some really creative things going on here with Winter's not fighting Celeste (which was a genuine surprise as I was convinced it was going to be Lee in some form or another), Baller's basketball skills and the Hunter in Kravinoff coming out (also, nice continuity on his elimination of Crashin, gaining a measure of revenge for Unscripted).

Barbosa was legit scary when he pulled out the old 'Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave' routine. I'm very intrigued to see where he goes. A feud between him and Everest is very, very possible right now. I wasn't a fan of Doug's elimination, but I still laughed. Smith, Winters & Baller all came and had very solid-good performances (I found myself routing for Baller, which was odd). I loved the climax as it was sheer luck rather than anything else that saved Showtime (Constantine & Cougar vs. Reynolds was very gripping). Overall, an awesome match.

Negatives:

Backstage Segments: It's the only one but I was a little annoyed at these. There was a great potential for stuff here, and they ended up as coming across as a little lame truth be told. Myles/Batman's interaction as somewhat poor I felt and the mystery entrant moment could have been played better.

Overall an awesome read and possibly my favourite PPV thus far. Going to be tough to top that.

The delivery of all the matches showed great emotion that lived up to it's hype. If anything, the Mayhem title match, seemed a bit odd to end a No Holds Barred contest with a low blow. As for the Tag Team title match, the only issue I have is "what's next?" Not much to go with at this point. But that can't be helped.

Aside from that I saw nothing wrong with any other match. Austin looked like a mad beast, Gordito and Barbosa looked strong in defeat and Everest couldn't look weak even if he had arthritis.

On to Lethal Lottery. First, I want to make it clear. The good outweighed the bad by a lot. But there were some things that... Well, there more like peeves to me. There were 4 spots in the match that right off the bat, I could tell were inspired by the Royal Rumble. 1 is OK, 4 is way too much. Doug Crashin was given the Muhammud Hassan treatment, Celeste and Winters mirrored The Great Khali and Beth Phoenix from this year, Barbosa played a 2004 Mick Foley, from beating a random mid-carder right down to eliminating himself and finally, "Don't! You'll spill my iced tea!" I know that didn't originate in a Royal Rumble, but like I said, 4 references in one match is way too much.

I said the good outweighed the bad, right? Yup. Kravinoff looked like a legit beast. So did Austin. Show probably topped Dave as top heel and Constantine, seemingly in limbo, still grabs a big chunk of spotlight and Barbosa saved face by cracking everyone on the head. A lot of potential direction to go with after that.

One thing, I wanna say though. Thanks a lot. I know it seems silly, but it meant a lot to see my character go as far as he did. Last year I wasn't here and this year I was 2nd runner up to win a match to headline the top show. I always knew my dreaming in la-la land would someday come in handy. Great job as usual you guys. If I had a 3rd thumb, I'd lift it up. Two will have to do.

Lethal Lottery 3:

Opening Salute: A class act for CM, and a great move by the staff to put this in there. It is completely warranted, and it was really well done.

Dave vs. Everest - Starting the show off right, and this match was spectacular. It was extremely well written, and this was one of my favorite matches of the night. The 10 Germans was a cool spot, and this was an extremely physical contest with Big Dave winning which means Everest will start number 1.

Backstage Segment: Kind of disappointed we didn't get to see more segments on the drawing of the numbers, as those are always interesting, and the surprise entrant segment here could've been done a tad better, as I felt it was a little underwhelming, but really not a big deal.

Reynolds vs Constantine: Reynolds getting some of his aggression off his chest, and just beat the living hell out of Constantine which you got to love, as even though Constantine is #20, he is still going to be very hurt from this beating, and Reynolds really didn't have much to lose in this match, as he will be fresh for the main event and just won't start last.

Beckford Segment: Pretty short simple interview from Beckford, good to see it get a little attention, and really nothing happening here.

BIA vs TCM - Was surprised this match was placed here instead of the Eurasian title match, as it seemed like beckford would do his interview and then just head to the ring. Anyway, new tag team champions, not much of a shocker here as GD had one of the best RPs of the night if not the best RP. Another good back and forth match, and now it will be interesting to see what happens with the TCM as Doug is back as we find out later on. Wouldn't be shocked to see The Movement add a fourth member here, in more of an enforcer role.

Eurasian Open Challenge - Who is Beckford's opponent? To nobody's surprise it is Doctor Alazhred, who gave a really strong showing and even though he probably isn't ready for the belt I would not have been shocked to see him take the belt over Beckford as I don''t think Beckford gave as good an RP as he could have. Another good back and forth match as expected, and the Power Glove competitor is definitely heading onto the right track, and now it will be interesting to see who Beckford feuds with heading into kingdom Come.

Mayhem Title Match - The Savior is saving the Mayhem division once more as Ferbian similar to Beckford just did not have a good effort here. However, Jones has been around the block a couple of times unlike Alzahred and deserving took the gold here. I certainly expect this feud to continue onto KC, however, will we get another scramble match at KC, is the real question here.

WHC Title Match - This match was outstanding. Had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole match, Gordito and Barbosa made a huge climb up to the main event however neither were truly ready to win the big one, similar to Dolph is in for the Rumble this year. Good to see Barbosa and Gordito look extremely strong here once more, and now it will be interesting to see what is next for the two of them, possibly King For A Day at KC, but surely they have a place to stay in the upper midcard. Fantastic from start to finish as the WHC Title Match needs to be.

The Lottery: Alright I will keep this pretty simple. I will start with the bad. I know it is hard to keep track of who gets eliminated as it is for us to read it all, so I would've had Truman say who gets eliminated to make it simple. Everest lasted a little too long considering he no showed the Lottery match itself, not that big of a deal but still. Huge mark out for Celeste making a one time appearance in the Lottery, and good to see Doug back despite his beating he took. Loved my spot on Justin Cooper, and I am really glad of how my character came out of this match. Barbosa entering the match was a surprise, but pretty funny. Don't no why he eliminated himself, but I guess that will come in this coming week. Congrats to Showtime winning the match and very well deserved and I can't wait to see Ty vs Show at Kingdom Come. One more thing of note, I was kinda sad to see no feuds get established here for Kingdom Come, but that will make this card for the week so much better.

Awesome show guys!

Meltdown 51

Opening Segment - Showtime Gloats
Not sure how I felt about this one. Showtime's gloating was good but there is one thing that it really missed and that was Ty himself - where was he? The two competitors for KC should have stood face to face before Barbosa decided to stick his oar in. After all, it is not Showtime that Barbosa is annoyed with but Ty (and perhaps Everest) for lucking out at LL (am I the only one who sees a lot of Sheamus in Barbosa?).

I also think that the whole Barbosa complaining thing only to be cut short by Myles was a little strange. If LL suggested anything it is that Bad Barbosa does not listen to reason that often and lets his emotions get the better of him. Of course, Barbosa may not be finished poking his nose in World Title business...

Chris Jones def. Sam Smith to retain the WZCW Mayhem Championship
More Mayhem goodness and although that match was a little formulaic, I feel that after such a big PPV and starting on the road to an even bigger one, back to basics is not only preferably refreshing, it is necessary so that Creative do not blow their collective load too soon. Premature action has no place here.

Backstage Segment - Another Open EurAsian Challenge
My oh my, Beckford is setting himself up for a fall by trying to be the fightingest champion of all. Nice props to the newbie too.

WZCW Tag Team Champion Scott Hammond def. James King
Again, when did WZCW sign a former WCW Champion? I thought Jimmy King was well out of our price range (particularly with Ty spending the alcohol budget). Oh, is this not that Jimmy King? Is it his son? No? Hmmm...

Anyhoo, a nice little opener for the rookie with Hammond just squeaking out the victory. Perhaps we are about to see the Brothers In Arms take the war to the Crashins by recruiting a new member. Or is this the beginning of the end for the BiA?

Backstage Segment - An Active Volcano
One of the two WZCW volcanoes looking to explode... Oh, and Becky nearly gets herslef into another CAT FIGHT!!

Phoenix def. Ferbian
A good straight up contest with Phoenix sending Ferbian to the dentist. Ferbian is one of the few faces that could join Winters and Reynolds in competing in the KFAD. More on Phoenix later.

Backstage Segment - Power Show Trip Time
Nice little recap of the factors in the main event. Still no Ty though, although I realise that this kind of mysterious thing is part of his modus operandi

Brad Bomb def. Chris Beckford in a non-title match
Another good contest with a shock result. I am happy for Bomb as he has deserved to get himself a big win and I hope that he does not get lost in this burgeoning feud between Beckford and Blade. He certainly should be getting a title shot in the upcoming weeks.

As for Blade accepting Beckford's challenge, I almost expected Phoenix to come out and say that he challenged him first. There is something of the Odd Couple between Blade and Phoenix and a Triple Threat at KC is a real possibility.

Backstage Segment - Ty and Everest
No idea where this is going, which is a good thing.

Hunter Kravinoff def. Constantine
Kravinoff continues his dominant run while Constantine continues to feel the effects of his decimation by Reynolds, although I was a little surprised to see no mention/appearance from Reynolds himself. Perhaps the LL beating was it for Reynolds/SPT...

Backstage Segment - Foreshadowing
Two guys that seem somewhat similar. Given the fallout of the main event, this looks an even more inspired segment. Maybe Baez really does not like onion rings and fries?

Ty Burna, Barbosa and Big Dave vs Showtime Dave Cougar, Everest and Gordito went to a No Contest
The match was what you would expect from such a line up - a clusterf**k. Barbosa seemed a little off the pace and distracted and did not play a real part in the end of the match. I was waiting for Barbosa to attack Ty and Everest with another chair as they stood over Gordito, leaving Showtime to smile at the carnage inflicted on his KC opponent.

Baez's attack was simply fantastic. It allows Gordito a good feud without falling back into the Mayhem division (although I suspect that Mayhem rules will play a part) while Baez can get a big name feud beyond the mid card.

As the editorial on WZCW.com suggests, my thoughts on how this main event panned out and their implications are wide and varied. The options for KC, while now somewhat diminished, are still numerous with the seemingly new feud between Baez and Gordito a welcome addition (and perhaps a potential show stealer if given the right build and maybe a gimmick to work in). The Everest scenario undoubtedly seems to have throw something of a spanner in the works. Of course, there is nothing much Creative can do about no-shows, particularly when they come at the beginning of a scheduled programme. Barbosa and Big Dave has yet to square up to anybody specific post-LL and while there are still plenty of shows left to flesh something out, they don't want to be rushed.

As the Royal Chamberlain said, perhaps Ascension and the contract signing will enlighten us...

Ascension 26

Pre-Credits Segment - The Killjoy give little away
Forget Ty/Showtime or who Big Dave/Barbosa will pulverise next or KFAD: this is potentially the best feud to grace Kingdom Come and beyond.

Opening Segment - Vacated Elite
Showtime continues to prove that he is an asshole but proving to Constantine that he was used. I think the end of the Showtime PowerTrip is a good thing for both - Showtime does not need it while it was becoming increasingly obvious that Constantine was the junior partner and that does not sit well with Constantine's character. I would like to see John manipulating some of the young rookies into doing his bidding, much like a cult leader.

Also the whole Bateman backing Showtime has yet to be fully illuminated while for the second show running there is a severe lack of face involvement in the opening segment. Showtime could easily have been forced to defend the title (it must be over 30 days?) against Reynolds or Winters and then drop the belt when Ty/Constantine interferes.

Justin Cooper def. Alex Bowen
A decent opener but it does stink of a throwaway contest as it wasn't in the Mayhem division. It is a real pity that this match was not taking place as an offshoot of a tag feud for all of a sudden from looking healthy, the division is looking decidedly threadbare. There is only so many times that BiA and the Crashins can square off.

Backstage Segment - You Really Cannot Piss Him Off
Nice to see Bateman swatting away a stupid question from Stacey while Gordito continues to be unbelieveably cheery despite the beating he took on Meltdown.

Doug Crashin and Steven Holmes def. DK Wilton and Jordan Lights
I really liked this match. It followed the personalities of those involved with both teams having a "straight man/funny man" dynamic with DK and Doug being the goofs to Holmes and Lights' seriousness. Maybe there is some life in the tag division yet. Lights and DK are a somewhat pairing but I suppose they are no odder than BiA, the Crashins or Pride of Toyota.

Backstage Segment - KFAD
I am never a big fan people just being given things. Barbosa and Gordito could easily have had a qualifer, although such a number of matches could see the card messed up if someone was to have a bad week. I am happy to see Dave vs Everest again but I understand that it could have reprecussions for Everest's future having missed two consecutive RPs. Perhaps Everest is the target that either Dave or Barbosa finally blow their top at. Phoenix vs Kravinoff is another sterling contest in the making.

Austin Reynolds def. Mr Baller
I hate to chirp on about the same thing over and over but a missed RP like this would have been perfect for Big Dave or Barbosa to continue their rampages. Reynolds could have been waiting in the ring only to see Baller being ambushed and when he goes to help, he himself gets ambushed by Constantine.

I am glad to see the Reynolds/Constantine feud not end. First Blood sounds like a good KC blow off for these two and to my mind it does not need the Elite X Championship to be involved at all. It could instead be used to elevate/reward another member of the roster - maybe the loser out of Kravinoff and Phoenix could square off against the someone like Winters (if he does not enter KFAD) or perhaps even a one night tournament could give some of the rookies a title shot.

Wasabi Toyota def. Dr Alhazred
Another good showing from Alhazred. I would actually have liked to see Toyota helping the good doctor after the match, mirroring Hammond with King on Meltdown. Wasabi continues to steamroller the opposition - the inevitable heel turn will be unstoppable although I still would like to see a confrontation with Kravinoff first.

Backstage Segment - The Newest Breed
I think I have said this before but the Agony seems like a perfect ally for Barbosa, if of course either feels the need to have an accomplice. Armando Paradyse sounds like he should be DK's partner (and that is not a bad thing) while Saxton just reminds me of
image.php

Dr Steven Kurtsey def. Michael Winters
A great contest from two guys who I could easily see in a Faith vs Science inspired feud that ends with some ridiculously fun stipulation about forcing the other to go to church or renouncing Christianity.

Backstage Segment - Beckford plays mind games
The EurAsian champ claims to not be looking to interfere but then again Baez gave no inkling on Meltdown...

Blade def. Baez
Something of a missed opportunity here. It fits with Beckford's character not to interfere and sure it might have been decided that Blade was to win the match but for the sake of Baez's post match tirade, I think the match should have ended with Baez getting himself DQed through the intentional low blow. The Killjoy's complaining loses some of its power after he has just been beaten clean.

As for the post-match chat and Baez's insertion into KFAD, so long as it is made clean that it was Gordito's pleading that accomplished it then I see it as a positive. Baez needs to complain about getting what he wanted not because he asked for it but because Gordito asked for it - more evidence of his getting the silver platter treatment. I really want to see this feud go beyond KC and have a massive mano e mano blow out. Perhaps a Mayhem match inside the Sludge Pit!!

Kingdom Come Main Event Contract Signing
I really was expecting a whole host of interruptions as this was entirely too civilised a contract signing. No broke tables; no stabbing with pens; no signing in someones blood. Nada, nothing. I would also like to have heard more from Ty (and perhaps we will over the coming weeks) but he has been a little quiet over thes two shows since LL.

Meltdown 52

Opening Segment: The Plan
He was created by man; he evolved; he rebelled and he has a plan... (if you don't get that, go watch the reimagined Battlestar Galactica from start to finish and then come back and worship at my feet). Good that Reynolds and Constantine are going to get their big KC bloodbath, as I very much doubt that Reynolds won't accept. The lack of fleshing out that idea was good too - much more teasing - while I am glad that the Elite X has not been mentioned, suggesting that it will not be involved. A little surprised that Ty did not stick his nose into this and say that which he will say in a further segment later.

Sam Smith def. Mister Baller
Good win for SS... hmmm... maybe I should not use that abbreviation for Sammy... Could see these two perhaps getting involved in a multi-person match for one of the belts at KC - Mayhem or maybe even Elite X

Backstage Segment - In-Your-Endo
I cannot help but feel that a kind of womanising heel turn could give Everest something new to play with. I mean going after a man's sister is hardly babyface-ish

Dr. Alhazred and James King def. Action Saxton and Armando Paradyse
Yeah! Put those newbies in their place! Wait, they are all newbies... Some good teamwork from King and Alhazred. Are they getting advice from the BiA? Is Alhazred enamoured with Saxton? Or is he a closet racist?

Backstage Segment - The Brothers Grimm
I like that this dynamic has continued despite them not being in a programme together. It adds a level of gravitas (look it up... oh wait, this isn't the Chamberlain's time... fine, then don't look it up) and even humanity to Ty while Gordito is still the young rookie willing to learn.

Big Dave def. Everest to qualify for the King For A Day Elimination Chamber
While it may not have lived up to their past matches and may have ended rather suddenly, this was still a good contest. We all know what Dave has ahead of him and he will likely be a slight favourite at KC but it will be interesting to see where Everest goes from here. He could easily be inserted into a match with the loser of Phoenix/Kravinoff and a couple of the up-and-comers in an Elite X match.

Backstage Segment - More Stupid Questions
I am liking the trend of the interviewers getting short shift for asking stupid questions - Jones is the latest to lay it on to poor Leon.

Steven Holmes def. Jordan Lights and Wasabi Toyota to become #1 Contenders to the WZCW Tag Team Titles
This must be the first singles 'defeat' for Toyota in a long time. Not surprised to see the Movement get another shot but I hope something different will come out of it as BiA vs CM straight up has gotten a little old.

Backstage Segment - Celebration Cut Short
Nice to see Kurtsey giving KFAD his full attention even if that kind of single-mindedness may eventually cost him his place in the Movement.

Dr. Steven Kurtsey def. Barbosa
I loved the writing in this match. It just seemed to flow so well. Barbosa continues his streak of needing to be dealt some earth shatter move to be taken out so I cannot be too disappointed. Especially since now the good doctor knows that his mind games have little effect on the Barbosa anymore and he will potentially be trapped inside the Chamber with such a caged animal. Yet another heel in KFAD though and with Kravinoff or Phoenix to join in, Gordito looks a lonely figure...

Backstage Segment - Rewards, Reminders and Repeats
A couple of things covered in quick time. Kurtsey seemingly rewared his spot in KFAD (not sure it is confirmed yet), Bomb reminded that of his Blade-inspired luck and a repeat of the bad treatment of interviewers with Stacey basically being told to French Connection UK off. Could we see a Klamour led revolution backstage?

Chris Beckford def. Brad Bomb to retain the WZCW EurAsian Championship
I hope no one on Creative takes this the wrong way but I almost felt like it had not been for the Blade/Beckford match already being set of KC then Bomb could very well have walked away from this match as the champion. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Could he be inserted into that match at KC? I don't think so as Blade and Beckford seem to have a good dynamic. Perhaps Bomb is another candidate to be elevated by the vacant Elite X.

Backstage Segment - Ty
This is the segment I saw being made part of the opening segment. It could easily have been given over to Kurtsey getting his KFAD (if that is going to happen) and some interaction with the other competitors. As for the segment, I smell a turn...

WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, Ty Burna def. Constantine
I understand the want for clean finishes and protecting the main event for KC but I felt that this was a missed opportunity. There could have easily had a dusty finish or perhaps Constantine getting the cheap win after interference from both Reynolds and Showtime. Constantine could then have claimed a title match next week and built up the potential for a Showtime PowerTrip explosion at KC for the WHC. I do not think that Ty would have lost anything in a defeat of some sort, even DQ or countout. As for the kidnapping of Serafina, I still smell a turn...

Meltdown 52

Constantine Throws Down The Gauntlet

Fine opening, but our third heel heavy open in a row seems like a trend that needs breaking. In addition, I think Reynolds coming out here and accepting the challenge would have been a better idea than leaving us hanging for the obvious at Ascension. Not only that, but it would have freed up some mic time on Ascension that could go to another feud that might benefit more from that exposure. Although I'm more than open to having my mind changed come Ascension. Either way, it's nice to see that the losses aren't hurting Constantine as we all know it's the big boys who get speaking time at the top of the show.

Sam Smith over Mr. Baller

Not making the reader aware of the count until five is a great device and true to what people are aware of when watching an actual match. So I always dig little details like that. All in all, a great momentum builder for Smith and a competitive outing for Baller. Harmless fun and a worthy opener.

The Mountain Man Invites Dani to Fuck City

I'm going to have to disagree with Barbosa. Sure, it's not the classiest move by Everest, but I'll be damned it it wasn't something worth cheering for.

King/Alhazred over Paradyse/Saxtion

Lol, true to life jobber tag match introduction. And match length. And team assignments that have nothing to do with face/heel alignments. The way this was treated like an afterthought screamed filler, and I love that we're honest enough to present it in that way. I like that Saxtion got some cheers when he got the tag as there's definitely some buzz around him. I also like that the right man on the right team took the pin while King, who's been toiling in anonymity, scored himself the match winning pinfall. I look forward to more of Alhazred vs. Saxtion. I also look forward to more of Alhazred's lovely singing voice.

The Wise Sage and The Party Boy

I enjoy the continued mentorship between Gordito and Ty. This kind of stuff only makes the eventual segment where Gordito blows up on Ty all the sweeter.

Big Dave over Everest

Epic match with what felt like a TV length. I can dig that. I can also dig how pissed the people who bought AON and LL for this match must feel. Still, good fun and MOTN. I've enjoyed their competitive rivalry, but I'm happy it's over now. Onto bigger things.

Chris Jones Isn't Pleased

Is he ever? Still, nice to see Jones getting mic time. Respect the veteran in training and don't ask him stupid questions!

Holmes over Lights and Toyota

I like how Holmes caught Lights, leaving a showdown with Toyota, appropriately, for another day. That big man dynamic of Toyota's is always fun and you guys normally write it well. Fine match and a nice way to continue the momentum of Holmes as the new rock of his team.

Crashin Movement Family Meeting

Kurtesy doesn't seem to care about Crashin's excitement. I hope this is leading to a face turn for the real star of the Movement who becomes an honorable, strong singles competitor and overshadows the leader.

Kurtesy over Barbosa

Should I try calling that number? Hmm. Regardless, I do enjoy character stuff like that slipping into matches. Couple that with the "mood swings" and that's the kind of fare that really makes these wrestlers jump out of the screen. Well played. I can't wait to see where Kurtesy goes from here - KFAD or Elite X?

Myles Has Plans For Kurtesy

Umm... Right. See above. Also, nice of Myles to dump on Bomb and Madison and remind us that he's kind of a cunt.

Beckford over Bomb

Strong midcard fun. Bomb continues to build serious momentum in high profile defeats, Beckford looks like a great fighting champion (Ah, Beckford... Mr. "Everything You Want In A Babyface"), and Blade took a step closer to the dark side than he has in a good while. All of it served purpose and nobody lost out. Well booked. The scissors into the post is a nice thought.

Ty Can Talk Some Gabage

Serafina's boredom continuing to signal the obvious turn? Methinkso.

Ty Burna over Constantine

First of all...

Ty climbs into the ring and unhooks his belt as he stands in front of Constantine and raises the World Heavyweight Championship high in front of him as Constantine keeps one eye focused on the belt and the other on the champion.
Constantine's cross-eyed? News to me. Could that explain the losing streak?

Anyhow, the opening with Constantine admonishing the tactics of Ty was good heel booking against the dominant big man who doesn't give a fuck. I dig that kind of stuff. Very Punk-Undertaker (to give you a recent example). To use another example, very Unbreakable '05 ("Stop kicking my ass!"). Showtime kidnapping Serafina seems a tad unnecessary as everyone and their mother sees the swerve coming (although you do have a great chance to make us all look like fools). Still, it adds to the Showtime-Ty heat which is all that matters. Fun main event. I don't agree about Constantine gaining more from a title shot like Barbosa suggested. At this point, Constantine gains a lot from being hanging with the champ in this setting.

Ascension 27

Opening Segment: She wasn't raped... SHE WASN'T RAPED!!
Stacked show this week. Bound and gagged... zealous love indeed. Serafina living up to her name. More good stuff from Showtime. His assholery is really becoming a highlight of the shows. As for what I have suggested is the predictability of this particular scenario, who cares so long as it continues to be as entertaining as it has started?

Chris Jones def. Alex Bowen, Ferbian and Justin Cooper to retain the WZCW Mayhem Championship
A tough contest for the champion to come through, but he managed it. Would like to seem an actual feud emerge from the Mayhem division rather than just a series of matches. The only other thing I might be a little worried about, considering the match set for next week, is that the Mayhem division may shoot its bolt before Kingdom Come. Would a multi-man match for the title really be a big match if that is all we have seen in the build up?

Backstage Segment: Ratings Winner?
Stacey really is getting blown off a lot recently. Has she stopped doling out the favours backstage? Good way to show that Reynolds will go through hell or high water to get to Constantine, even acquiesce to his requests and plans.

The Agony def. Johnny Sherman
A match between two of my favourite rookie characters - real pity that Sherman looks to be about to bow out. Agony could definitely be a counterpart for Barbosa; not sure that I have ever mentioned that before... Also good to see an actual monster rather than a ring technician or high-flyer.

Backstage Segment: Prescription Filled
Glad to see that rewards are given out and beating someoen already in the Chamber is enough to gain entry. My congrats to Kurtsey. As for the last spot, Kravinoff really is as loony as Barbosa at times. Perhaps we will see some fireworks from them next week...

Backstage Segment: Showcase of the Idiots
Missed planes? Gambling? Abominable... I feel a little sorry for Lights here as he is sort of left out in the cold when it looked like he might have been on course for a WZCW tag title shot at KC and now he has nowhere to go right now; although his match next week is something to focus on...

In Ring Segment: Return of the King
This was fantastic. Titus returns and goes straight into a match at KC without interfering in other plans. My only criticism is that if this was planned out months in advance then where was the build up? I know that it had to be kept quiet as Titus has sneaked in the back door to get a new contract but there still could have been something

Backstage Segment: Cruzing for a Bruising
Nice little rub for the newest member of the roster and an even better aside with Dani being unhappy to see Titus... what will Dave do?

Backstage Segment: B&B
Straight to the point heel interaction with Baez reminding everyone that he is after Gordito.

Hunter Kravinoff def. Phoenix to qualify for the King For A Day Elimination Chamber
To be honest, either of these guys would have fit right in to KFAD so it is a shame that one had to lose. Phoenix can easily point to the fact that Kravinoff was lucky to escape Return of Heliopolis and it was just one mistake that ended the match. Of course, Kravinoff can say that he predicted Phoenix's fall. It will be interesting to see where Phoenix goes after this. If his past is anything to go by, I could see him trying to force his way into either the Elite X series or the EurAsian title match. As for the Hunter, he says an intrguing contest next week alongside a fellow loony before being caged like the animal he is.

Backstage Segment: Religious Elite
A little strange to see Bateman taking more advice, especially from a rookie, as he does not strike me as that kind of GM. As to what it eventually leads to, I love it - a new dawn for the Elite X title but maybe there will be some not entirely happy about it...

Blade and Baez def. Gordito and Austin Reynolds
A nice blend of feuds here, particularly in the finish. Perhaps the only thing missing was a mention/appearance by Beckford - even if it was just him watching backstage, with Blade a little wary of it. I am starting to feel that Gordito may have to get angry at some stage here is Baez continues to get one up on him.

I like that there is some more intrigue in the Reynolds/Constantine match. I still expect some bloodbath in the end but this way it stretches out the final conclusion.

Showtime Dave Cougar def. Michael Winters
Good strong win for the #1 Contender without soiling Winters' entry into the Elite X series; although anyone that takes exception to Bomb vs Winters can easily point to the fact that both lost their last matches before being added.

Closing Segment: Ball Punt
Again, so what if I and others saw it coming? It was still good. It further builds Showtime as a legitimate threat to the title and as an all round jagoff. It will be interesting to see if Ty now starts to doubt Ouija for not predicting this or maybe it did and he let it happen anyway as fuel for KC.

Reactions: Lee
This weeks round of shows was very solid and helped put over most of the already scheduled matches for KC. One thing I find a bit lackluster was the sudden decision over the Elite X belt. No setup for the now set up, Best Of series set to conclude at the PPV. It just seemed to come out of nowhere for the sake of getting the title on the card. I also feel the Baez/Gordito interaction was cut a little too short to offer any advancement in favor of Austin/Constantine. But that one's just me.

One little detail. In the Mayhem title match, both Ferbian and Chris Jones were introduced as Mayhem Champions.

Meltdown 53

Opening Segment - Cyanide vs Hemlock
A good strong back and forth from the two poisons, the kind that I feel has been missing somewhat from the past couple of weeks. I also liked how they addressed their own feuds in the context of fighting each other as part of another. Showtime could easily go after Gordi for being Ty's lackey while the Dirty One has to show that he has had to fight for he has gotten in WZCW.

Little surprised to not hear Showtime complain more about having to get involved in the affairs of lesser mortals like Constantine and Reynolds.

Phoenix def. The Agony
Phoenix gradually seems to be moving towards face territory after a stretch as a tweener type. Perhaps this will finally get me to move away from the whole final match in the Blade/Phoenix saga. However, it is somewhat surprising to see that he has yet to be involved in anything for KC and it was nice for that to be mentioned.

As for Agony, I will forego my usual comment about him being a perfect foil for Barbosa and just say that if he sticks around a while I could see him in a "first contender to a new champion" role.

Backstage Segment - Subepidermal Scalpel
Boy, oh boy. Blade is cranking it up against Beckford but will the champion do anything about it? More on this later.

Blade def. Sam Smith
Poor Sammy again runs into a talent on a hot streak. Had he had a weaker line of opponents, I could have seen him embroiled in a three-way series with Winters and Bomb. He should not get downhearted though as for my money the kind of showing he was given here suggests that there is a place on the KC card for him.

As for Blade, I think he has taken the leading heel role just below the main event from Big Dave. Another good victory here and if Beckford is not careful, the outcome of their match at KC will be written long before the actual event.

Backstage Segment - We Are Frankenstein
I feel I must apologise on behalf of Coco and myself.

I am sorry.

There. I said it. Why are we (or at least I - Coco does not seem like the apologising tyoe) sorry, you ask? Well, in a similar mould to the doctor of Mary Wollstonecraft Godwin's Modern Prometheus, we have created a monster. This product of a couple of PMs collaboration could be known by various names but I have chosen to call it "Kravinosa Barbinoff." However, before all the plaudits are rained down on myself and the Monkey, I would like to take time to heep some praise on Creative for not only the writing of this segment (Ty) but also for the idea for it (Phoenix as I understand it). Not only does it show ingenuity but it also demonstrates that these guys do pay attention to the details of RPs.

I am not going to lie, at times I think that the finer details and character developments that people put into their RPs can be missed or forgotten when it comes writing the shows/matches but certainly not this time (aside from Manic Barbosa not having his text in larger text, but I will let that slide). Excellent work.

The only thing I missed was what did Myles want with Kravinosa Barbinoff? Or is that for another week?

Alex Bowen def. Justin Cooper and Chris Jones to become the WZCW Mayhem Champion
While I am sure that there is something planned for the Mayhem title at KC, I cannot help but think that there was a chance for something a bit different missed here. I thought that maybe with the way last weeks matches linked to this weeks that perhaps there was a "ever decreasing challenge" being given to the champion - 4 man match which he wins and it sees the man who was pinned eliminated then a triple threat between the remaining three and then if the champion retained again a final 1 on 1 contest.

Not to take anything away from Bowen as it is always nice to see a new champion but I thought that there could have been a chance to make a storyline in the Mayhem division with Bowen getting increasingly frustrated with Jones repeatedly stealing his victories. I understand the potential problems of what would be predetermining the outcome of matches like that as such a match idea would have to assume that neither Cooper nor Ferbian were going to win, however, if it was decided that Bowen was the best this week, would there have been any harm in having him not win by a fluke and then get a final 1 on 1 at KC?

Sorry if that seems a little overly critical and ignorant of how things are run behind the scenes but I just worry that those in the Mayhem division do not get the chance to develop a feud until they leave the division

Eat My Ass - HA!

Backstage Segment - BiA
Toyota being a little patronising? HEEL TURN AHOY!!

Armando Paradyse def. WZCW EurAsian Champion Chris Beckford by countout
Perfect booking again. Beckford loses to another rookie and continues to look a little preoccupied, almost dumbstruck in the face of Blade's psychological games. I think that Beckford becoming more and more of an underdog should be built up in the coming week.

Backstage Segment - Royal Mayhem
Are we going to see the multi-person clusterfrack that everyone assumes is Kingdom Coming?

James King and Dr Alhazred def. WZCW Tag Team Champions Brothers in Arms in a non-title match
Nice to see more rookie success. I know it was a couple of weeks ago but maybe Hammonds giving of advice to King could be coming back to haunt him. The Alhazred, Mister and Toyota dynamic continues to amuse. Little surprised that there was not some kind of interference from the Crashins (I seem to advocate interference quite often... I've been RUSSOFIED!!) although I can see why it would be important for future plans to have King Alhazred go over clean, while as clean as it gets with the Glove of Power.

Backstage Segment - Rings of Onion
Glad to see Baez getting more time to air his grievances with Gordito, even if they do make him look like an onion rings obsessed, whiner.

Big Dave def. Baez
Not entirely sure how Big Dave has gone down in my estimation despite not losing any matches in forever. I think the idea that his character might be in something of a transition phase might not be helping him. As for the match itself, it has been brewing since the Lottery where Baez seemed to take a dislike to Dave and if it had not been for Baez/Gordito, I could have seen this as one of the more personal feuds heading in to KC.

Also do I feel Big Dave moving towards a tweener/Randy Orton face? With Gordito and Beckford, I think that our faces (aside from fit to be Tyed Burna) are a little too goody goody. Gordito has always been hard to anger but Beckford seems to be allowing Blade to control him - maybe we will see something different next week?

Chaos Theory?
Is this something new or a pre-existing symbol that I might not have seen? The reaction of the crowd suggests so.

Showtime Dave Cougar def. Gordito by DQ
Good stuff here with the right result, including the interference (YEAH!). The run up to the big event is the perfect time for such non-finishes and overblown melodrama.

There is a real love affair between Showtime and Serafina - isn't that lovely?

Closing Segment - Attempted Murder
Despite the whole "nearly being killed" thing, Showtime should almost be pleased to see how far he has gotten into Ty's head. Sure, he might not like what he sees or what it could turn Ty into but at the same time it opens up the idea that the seemingly invincible WZCW Champion is anything but.

Ascension 28

Opening Segment -
Nice to see that Bateman's business worries do not lean solely towards the heels and that impromptu matches are not a dead occurence in WZCW

Mr Baller def. Sean Cruz
Another win for Baller who continues his good run in 2011. He is another name that will be unlucky to miss out on a spot at KC. As for Mr Cruz, I think he should adopt a new religion and start worshipping Dr Alhazred or another sci-fi like character. There would be a money feud with Winters and Jones in the making.

Backstage Segment - Fort Knox
Oh Leon, you roving reporter. You always manage to get the big interviews that others cannot. More good stuff from the top heel in WZCW.

Steven Holmes def. Ferbian
More good use of a missed RP. Perhaps it could have gone even further with Holmes intentionally butchering Ferbian in the hopes of escaping backstage quicker. Then the King Alhazred ambush would have looked even funnier as the aristocrat tried to find his way out.

Backstage Segment - Release the Kraken!
The monster makes even Big Dave look unintimidating...

Kravinosa Barbinoff def. Titus and Everest
IT'S ALIVE!! I am not going to lie and say that I am shocked Barbosa and Kravinoff won but I am a little surprised that it was done so cleanly. At least I thought that either Barbosa or Kravinoff might have scored a roll up victory after some miscommunication between Titus and Everest, sowing some discontent between the two veterans on a collision course for KC.

Backstage Segment - First Class Ass Kicking
As I have said over the passed few weeks, I am sad to see the Sherman character decline. I really thought it had legs as a Daniel Bryan type character with the burden of a good indy career with the whole "big fish in a little pond" and the added problem of a famous father.

As for Action Saxton, I would have liked to see him in a match instead of this but he is always entertaining

Gordito and Austin Reynolds def. Constantine and Baez
Tough week for the masked one. Not sure he deserved to be beaten twice, although he did get some much needed digs in on the Dirty One. I hope he uses the fatigue factor as the reason for his defeat like every good heel should.

Good choice for the Reynolds/Constantine bout - on a side note, did Dave get to choose the Three Stages of Hell?

Michael Winters def. Brad Bomb and leads the Elite X Best of Three Series 1-0
The sheer fact that this match was ridiculously close to call suggests that there is no chance of this ending after two matches. I liked the dynamic with Winters sorry for cheating "accidentally." It opens up a variety of options for either to take on the heel role. I am still waiting for part of the locker room to rebel against two rookies squaring off for the second title belt but if someone like Phoenix is not going to wrangle his way into the decider, I think that the KC match could easily be a ladder match.

WZCW Champion Ty Burna def. Jordan Lights
This was written in the stars - or on the Ouija™ Scroll - but it works well with the raging volcano that is Ty Burna right now. Who knew Serafina meant that much to him? I can see her pretty little face being struck with some kind of Sanctified Deportation or the like. Nice to see Showtime poking the angry bear from behind the "safety" of his security detail as well and then petrified with fear. A man who is wary of such a stalker would run while a brave man would fight. Showtime is neither of these as only a truly scared man stands still when confronted by his predator.

Ascension 29

All in all, I though this was a really solid show. However, I can't just leave it at that, so I guess I will go ahead and break down some of the main points of the show...

Opening.

I liked this, it felt like a Showtime RP and who can get enough of those at the minute, right? I am really digging the way Showtime is going into Kingdom Come. Is he sane or isn't he? The fact of the matter is that Show is going to need to be fucked up in the head to be able to match Ty for intensity. The bit with Myles and Ty really finished this bit off rather nicely.

Hammond vs Toyota.

This was actually a really nice idea. With DK (whoever the hell that is) leaving the fed, these guys needed something to do and putting them in a friendly match against each other was a nice touch. They had a good match until the interruptions and I would have loved to have seen who would have won the match if it had continued to a finish. Still, the outside interference from, well, everyone really put this match into a new realm for Kingdom Come. This might be one of the most open matches on the Kingdom Come card.

Phoenix is attacked?

I am sure we will see more of this later on...

Super Cooper.

The Mayhem match was one of my favourite matches on the entire card because it really brought a lot of new things to the table and I am very surprised that Justin Cooper was able to pull out the win. In my opinion, it was too bad that Doc was not able to his full strength because he could have been in the Mayhem Championship match. As it is, this was a well written match that had me second guessing who I was picking all the time. Congratulations to Justin Cooper for making it to Kingdom Come should be given also.

Constantine is attacking people from behind?

It really isn't like him, is it? I thought that this lead into the main event really well. Given that both of these men will be expecting themselves to come out of Kingdom Come as a winner, I think it shows us that they will stop at nothing to make themselves the eventual victor. They have a match later on in the event but they will stop at nothing to get their hands on each other. This wasn't actually necessary but I enjoyed it all the same, it added some more fuel to the continuing fire.

There is friendship afoot...

Titus and Phoenix was one hell of a match. I think Phoenix is one of the most underestimated talents in the entire Fed and I would have lied to have seen him go over Titus here. However, the match was fabulous and Phoenix comes out of it looking awesome anyway whilst Titus builds some more momentum going into Kingdom Come. I have a feeling that both of these guys will be victorious at Kingdom Come but that is just on a purely personal level. If this match is anything to go by, then they will definitely be favourites heading into the event. The gesture from Titus at the end was really engaging and I credit whoever wrote that for writing one of the most heartfelt moments of the night.

Barbosa ends up in the clink.

I thought this was one of the most interesting moments of the night. Whoever wrote for Barbosa here did a really good job of getting his personality, or personalities, into this little segment and I am wondering what this will mean for his RP and the KFAD match in general.

Michael Win-ters.

I am going to be perfectly honest here, I didn't think that Winters was going to come out on top here. The fact of the matter is that I thought he was going to come up short and allow this feud to boil over into Kingdom Come. Kudos to the Creative team for throwing a spanner in the works and giving us something a little bit different. Soeaking of things that are a little different, I am really looking forward to seeing how Phoenix copes in the Elite X Championship match. Phoenix has really deserved this shot and I think that he will be the one to watch in the upcoming match. Winters wont want to let his new found Championship go and this match ought to be a fucking cracker!

Main Event!

Wow! This might be one of the best Ascension matches ever. All four of these guys have been on top of their games recently and all four deserved to be in the main event. Not only that but I feel that the member of Creative who wrote this match did the event justice. These guys are in the most heated feuds heading into Kingdom Come and it needed a special match to get us all involved and engaged into the feuds. I had wondered if you had given us too much of what will happen at Kingdom Come but this match was amazing. Not only was it fantastically written but it was a roller-coaster of a match. It was thoroughly entertaining throughout and that goes doubly for the end of the show.

These two matches are going to light up the PPV and you could argue that no one has more to lose than those in this match at Kingdom Come. I say let's get on with this bitch and see what happens at Kingdom Come. If Ascension is anything to go by, we are all in for a treat.

Meltdown 54

Opening Segment - In Line to the Throne
Good to see the KFAD take centre stage. Not sure how to analyse Barbosa's continued interrupting. Does it make him more of a threat as he is being pushed to the back and likely to explode or does it merely highlight his comedic stance? Nice play on Kravinoff's lack of social understanding.

My only real criticism is one of the problems that the line up for KFAD itself with all the heels. Big Dave, Kurtsey and even Gordito were overly dismissive of their opponents, particularly of Barbosa. He may not have been around too long but he has lived with and even dominated many of the higher ups in the roster. Just ask Blade and his myriad victims at LL. Indeed he is one of the scant few that the World Heavyweight Champion could not defeat. With the heelish persuasion of most in the match, things like this get missed or played down. Of course with a prize such as KFAD, the competitors are not going to linger on who they beat to claim it, but I just feel that it does not help anyone.

Mr Baller and Sam Smith ended in a double count out
Glad to see that these two not only had another great contest but also that they have been rewarded for their recent stellar efforts with a place on the the KC card. Nce little aside with the ball - something like that should either be used to hit its owner with, get thrown to the crowd or destroyed. It is also nice to see Myles and Bateman continue to get involved in the running of their shows in front of the cameras and the fans rather than doing it behind the scenes.

Backstage Segment: The Break Up sans Vaughn/Aniston
Good continuation of what seems like the end of the Movement, even if Crashin does not notice it. Even if Holmes and Kurtsey abandon him, I would like to see Crashin continue to act in a Prince Nana-type role, using his money to build another version of the Movement, perhaps one that is a mix of the Mean Street Posse and the Job Squad.

The Forgotten Powers def. The Crashin Movement
Another big victory for the young upstart pairing, building them up as a credible threat to the titles. Taking focus off the personality of Toyota and the gang mentality of the Crashins can only be good for a division that has lost some of its depth in recent months.

Backstage Segment - BFF
Something a little different with the DVD plug but I am getting a little sick of this love-in between Titus and Everest. I have been waiting for some kind of falling out or misunderstanding. Of course, this could all lead to them beating the ever loving shit out of each other at Kingdom Come.

Alex Bowen def. Chris Jones to retain the WZCW Mayhem Title
There really is no rest for the Mayhem Champion, the hardest working champion in the company. Only natural that Jones moves on. As I have said before, I think it is time for another feud in the division than a constant stream of title matches and the potential for one round reigns that that brings so I am intrigued to see what Bowen can do with the Mayhem belt. Not sure that there is a natural opponent for Bowen in the division such as a personal one like Milenko could have been or a 'clash of personalities' like even DK might have been.

I know it is a little out there but perhaps having someone the ilk of say Titus having a brief feud with the Mayhem champion or maybe apply the aforementioned Prince-Nana style Crashin formula to the division with numerous heels being hired to take down the champion.

Backstage Segment - Thank You For Smoking
Nice little addendum of Blade's smoking. Maybe he could have been complaining about a fixed fine for smoking indoors. Was he eating Nicotine gum? Is he trying to quit? Is it a sign of weakness? So many potential (and overused) jokes avoided.

Everest def. Blade
Good contest here with Everest suggesting that rumours of his demise are exaggerated. Glad that Beckford finally retaliated towards Blade although I would have liked to see it directly influence the result of the match itself.

Big Dave, Steven Kurtsey and Gordito def. Barbosa, Hunter Kravinoff and Baez
Good six man that highlighted each of the competitors for KFAD without giving much away. However, if anything, in losing again Baez is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to win in the Chamber as his performances have not warranted so many successive defeats. Was expecting a mass brawl to end the show perhaps even with Barbosa and Kravinoff standing tall, highlighting their alliance.

Kingdom Come III

Titus vs Everest – what a great way to start the show, with a direct continuation from last year’s main event! I liked the overall idea of the rematch and this match is an e-wrestling clinic of two guys who’ll always be great. The commentary of Cohen dares to steal the show with some wonderful lines, great suspense breakers but eventually he’s written out for the ending. Little things like that make for great reading, even if I only noticed it on the second read-through. Ending was good and I think it showed a little Titus ring rust as he just missed kicking out on time. The mention of 1-1… same time again next year guys? As for Cohen’s last line, awesome.

Segment 1 – Phoenix – Leon Kensworthy. Subtle little joke there. Basic stuff from Phoenix here, nothing major in terms of importance, although this would start a trend for the night that I’ll rant about later.

Elite X Triple Threat – Phoenix gets a huge pop. Brad Bomb ok reaction. Michael Winters another big pop. Did nothing but confirm who was taking the fall here. Can’t say I didn’t love this match, not just because I’m in it, but because of the turn. It was handled excellently and not until the final frantic moments does it happen but once it does a sense of “I told you so” and “S.o.B” rushed over me. The complete disrespect shown to Phoenix and Winters finally pins me. Great writing here as it wraps up one program nicely and now leads into another for Winters and Phoenix. Allows Bomb to move elsewhere and find something to do.

Segment 2 – Armando Paradyse wasn’t on the card?!!!! – Hats off to the writer of this segment (FalKon I believe), this was brilliant comedy. After two great matches, there needed to be an icebreaker and it was a great way to include four guys not on the card. The ‘Paradyse isn’t on the card’ joke reaches a climax for this year.

King For A Day – This was written well but at points I wasn’t happy with the way things went. The thing that irked me most was that Baez and Gordito have been feuding heavily at the moment and was this not supposed to be the blow off… they don’t even face each other! Why not?! Urgh.
Another thing I would’ve preferred is to have had Kurtesy be last eliminated here. Barbosa seemingly needs to be killed before he’s defeated which is a testament to how good his RPs are but storyline wise – I think Kurtesy needed to be in the final two. Give him something to make him look strong what with the break-up of the Crashin Movement happening also.

Other than that, Big Dave winning just seemed the natural winner. No disrespect to the other competitors but it’s kind of a FINALLY! Moment, where everyone is glad it’s actually happened and people can shut up about it (see John Cena heel turn as a hypothetical finally! Moment).

Segment 3 – Constantine – Constantine and Klamour a match made in heaven. Great writer and the superiority the both of them hold over the rest comes over well. Constantine is a big picture kinda guy, never judges things by the moment/match it seems. While the 2nd occurrence of an annoying trend, I wouldn’t know it until later, when it’s technically the 4th!!! Occurrence.

Mayhem Championship – Bowen arrives in a pick-up truck full of weapons. Fantastic arrival. This leads into an absolutely brutal match between Bowen and Cooper. Cooper was intent on destroying Bowen and at one point tried to REVERSE OVER Bowen! Damn that’s a cool spot. Bowen should’ve been declared dead at points but he’s not the Mayhem Champion for no reason. He manages to get the deserved win while Cooper looks strong.

Segment 4 – Beckford – Beckford and Becky Serra here. Beckford’s seriousness is a nice touch but this leads to occurrence number two that I’ll rant on later…

EurAsian Championship – Match of the Night. This had the promise to steal the show and it delivered. Both guys gave it their all showing that the title means everything to them, even so far as to both to try and use the other’s finisher. Blade winning here was part of a good feud and I think it was the right time for the title to switch. Beckford shines more as a contender. I hope this feud continues, leading to a possible Triple Threat inc. Sam Smith.

Sement 5 – Baller – Once again a standard little backstage segment and interview… I like Baller here but what does this lead into is the 3rd occurrence of the one thing that kind of ruined the show for me… more on that later.

No. 1 Contender’s Match – Baller vs Smith is an interesting match and here it works as a bridge from one great match to another. I think Smith is the deserved winner here but I do have the slight problem that this goes on AFTER the two title matches. The match is sort of worthy of this after all but I think it would’ve added more to the Elite X/EurAsian matches and also, made for good segments between Smith and Winters/Blade post-match.

Segment 6 – CHRIS JONES! – A man who deserved to be on the card but found himself instead at the start of his transition from Mayhem to Main Event. His little show down with Sam Smith neatly sets up the potential for a fight over the Number One Contender spot for either title but I still want to see Jones and Winters form a team.

Three Stages of Hell – Constantine vs Reynolds – MTFO Michael! Constantine enters to great theme music here and I loved this from the off. Constantine with the quick first pinfall gets the standard match out of the way. I liked that this immediately made Reynolds the underdog. Ratings Killer through the table puts away Constantine and then Reynolds snaps! Taking a page out of Justin Cooper’s book, he attempts vehicular manslaughter! Except it works and he grabs the win. Even Constantine isn’t delusional enough to take on a car at speed.

Great writing, really, really felt the personal clashes here and with nothing else on the line it made the storyline and the match that much sweeter. Will JC take some time off after that vicious chair shot and where will Austin Reynolds move to from here? Challenging Ty or going after Showtime? Can’t wait to see!

Segment 7 – Crashin’s Cockiness – Woah a huge final twist from Myles there! Damn that added a LOT to the following match for the CM… although this is Crashin’s arrogance shining through it’s still case number five of this annoying trend!

Tag Team Triple Threat Title Match – A very interesting match, even before the added stipulation! I really thought that The Forgotten Powers could steal this one but instead the Brothers In Arms retain and in the process they get Doug Crashin fired. Perfect justice for Wasabi Toyota and Hammond! Defiantly the right result here. What happens after the match is also great though. You could really feel for Holmes during the match, trying to save Crashin’s job but gets no respect. Perfect way to turn Holmes face.

Segment 8 – Big Match preparation – Ok so both Ty and Showtime were involved but neither spoke meaning that in no way possible can the segment ruin the winner of this match like it has at least three other times so far…

WZCW Championship – Ty Burna vs Showtime – The big match and the closer to Kingdom Come III… wow. It was everything it was expected to be. Spot after spot, near fall after near fall, it all pieced together perfectly. I can’t really detract anything from the match so props to Phoenix for writing it. Ty winning feels like the right result but I think either way it would’ve been a good result. The fallout from this should be good. Ty is of the most dominant champions in WZCW history and Big Dave is the only known challenger out there so far. As for Showtime, what will he do now? Re-challenge for the title at the next PPV? Take down Reynolds like Constantine couldn’t?

Overall – Show was great! Many, many, many questions will be asked from now and it’ll be interesting to see how people will move on from KC, for the most part this was all about closing feuds and there wasn’t much planting of seeds for what follows Kingdom Come. It’s almost like creative decided on a Tabula Rasa for post-KC and while that’s good there’s also some problems with that as many will have to find a focus while those few (the champions and the new No.1 contenders) already have it.

My one gripe would the FIVE instances where the person involved in a segment would go on to lose their match. That just bugged me the entire way through as it NEVER went against that. After the first two times it became a trend that just kept trending and ruined the result of at least two matches for myself. That’s the only major thing I have to complain about it when it comes to KC: III and it really is stretching for something so that’s at least a positive sign.

So it's come and gone, the biggest show of the year has passed us by and it was a turning point in WZCW history, that's for sure.

Positives:

Location: After a debut in Florida, and a trip to Wembley, where better to go that the Mecca of wrestling; Madison Square Garden. Obvious but the best choice out there.

Everest vs. Titus: Yep, it was an epic confrontation worthy of taking place at the mega-card. Both these guys are in interesting spots here. Titus is newly retuned and no one’s really sure where he's going and Everest has had a rollercoaster year. Nice to see Everest win this one to tie the series up, with a potential 3rd match in the series going down next year.

Elite-X: I was very much prepared to put this into the negatives category, but the turn was an excellent move. The match was solid, but I wasn't set on the storyline, however that all changed with Winters' turn. His character works well either way and it's nice to see him get a run at the heel side of things. It's going to be very fun to watch this continue in the next round of RP's.

King for a Day: Long live the king! So Dave finally grabbed the brass ring. Good for him. I gave Kurtesy the nod prediction wise, but I would've had no problem with anyone winning. Baez didn't really look weak as he didn't really do anything of note before meeting the monster that is Barbosa. That's not a complaint, just an observation. Gordito followed quickly. Wasn't huge on the double pin. I thought it was a cheap move. Barbosa losing to Dave after he was practically killed was a good touch.

Mayhem Championship: Alex Bowen is doing a great job with this division. His character truly suits the division just in the way Baez's did last year. He's in a very good position and has looked great since claiming the gold. Cooper put up one hell of a fight and as a fan of his that's good to see, but the right person went over here. Bowen's got a batch of new foes coming soon so I expect something interesting leading to Redemption.

EurAsian Championship: Blade finally wins a championship. Took him long enough ;) But seriously, congratulations go to him and Chris Beckford on a war here. I wasn't 100% convinced Blade would take it or if Beckford would sneak a win, but it was a hell of a tussle between these two. Beckford's reign wasn't anything special, but he was following Dave after all. Blade was perfect to go over here and I think it'll be intriguing to see just how he develops with the belt.

The Final Battle... So it finally came to an end. Constantine vs. Reynolds. These two wanted to kill each other. Reynolds wanted vengeance while Constantine wanted to deal the killing blow. What we saw was a classic battle between good and evil and in the end, as always, good won. Reynolds went the long way of doing it though. I liked the result order here as Reynolds coming back to win was really the story of the feud as well as the match. Excellent job all round and the mirroring of the Dominic situation with the end was great.

Tag Team Championships: The end of an...era? Wouldn't really call it that but it was the end of something significant. Crashin's departure was a surprise to me, but there you go. I loved the booking here as the two real teams worked well throughout while Holmes was fighting the tide trying to get the championships as Crashin failed. The finish worked brilliantly as Holmes attempted to claw the belts back but couldn't quite. The post-match results will live with my character for a long time and I truly appreciate that I got my Kingdom Come moment. Holmes as a babyface..? We'll just have to see about that :p

Ty Burna vs. David Cougar: Good match here as we saw Ty emerge with the win. A rarity in main event matches, but the champ walked out with his belt still around his waist. Excellent effort from both here as neither held back going for the gold. Not a fan of Ty's new music, but at least he has a tron now. Not too much I want to say here as it worked out very well in the end.

Negatives:

Just the one... No disrespect to Crock, but I truly thought Baller had the better RP and as such I don't think he should've lost. I just thought it would've worked better to have Baller truly come full circle. Then again I might just be pissed that I didn't win the predictions contest...

Not sure if this was better than the Lottery, but damn it was a t least equal to it. Wonderful job guys, enjoy your break, I know I am.

Kingdom Come III

Great choice of a theme. The preview already showed this off but I just thought that it was worth mentioning again.

Everest def. Titus
Match: While this was undoubtedly a great contest with excellent entrances, I cannot help but feel that it deserved to get the Taker/HHH treatment rather than jerking the curtain, although I suspect that I am in the minority with that opinion.

Feud: First off, I have to say that I did not like the mentioning of a tiebreaker next year as I am not a big fan of matches purely for the sake of competition. Instead I think that the emphasis should have been on Everest gaining revenge for last year. However, that idea has been missing from the build in general. What could have been a springboard for a turn or an interesting character development for either has instead just been used as a friendly rivalry with no real depth to it – no miscommunication with the loss to Kravinosa seemingly a perfect place to seed some dissension. If this rivalry continues along this placid path, I for one do not really want to see it.

Backstage Segment – Shoehorned
It is hard not to see Phoenix as an afterthought to the Elite X title picture.

Michael Winters def. Brad Bomb and Phoenix to retain the WZCW Elite X Championship
Match: Really liked this contest but thought that the ending could have been even more sinister on the part of Winters. He had already castrated, disrespected and bludgeoned Phoenix into unconsciousness but then he gets a clean pin on Bomb. Where was the eye gouge or the second ball shot?

Feud: A good turn for Winters as it fits in with the evangelising of his character and the ‘accidental’ cheating over the passed weeks. A teaming up with Chris Jones and another brainwashed acolyte could easily be on the cards to replace the disbanded Crashins. However, I am not sure that the Elite X belt has been done any favours with how it has been used in the feud between Bomb and Winters so far especially with it being won with a count out. I understand that timing was a little off but for my money, Phoenix should have been in this feud from much earlier on, giving Winters even more reason to cheat.

Backstage Segment – n00bs
Cruz and Paradyse should be a team (I still stand by my Cocky Rich Boys moniker) and their interaction here with Saxton could easily bring about a feud with the CRB not understanding why the Blaxploitation BAMF is able to get the girls when they cannot. Comedy gold right there.

Big Dave def. Baez, Gordito, Dr Steven Kurtsey, Hunter Kravinoff and Barbosa to become King For A Day
Match: This was a strange one. The excellent action was at times punctuated by what I would consider to be some strange choices. Kravinoff and Barbosa backstabbing each other was expected but the almost complete ignoring of the Gordito/Baez feud was peculiar as was the double pin. It might have been decided that Baez as going first but it could have waited for Gordito to appear and somehow cause his elimination through some luck – knocking him off the top rope, accidentally tripping him etc. and then for Baez to return the favour by distracting Gordito. I think the double pin could also have been down differently. Rather than a reversed roll up, perhaps some devastating move like a running spear through a pod, Kravinoff countering Hypnosis into a double pin or Kommon Kurtesy into a pin/simultaneous tap out. Really liked the final contest between Dave and Barbosa (although I would say that as Barbosa was made to look like a virtually unstoppable monster)

Feud: It is difficult to give a roundup of such a multi-person match. Indeed, much of the character building has been done by the RPers themselves – Kravinosa, Kurtsey/Dave. However, Creative must be given some credit for not following everyone’s expectations giving a few more options for post-KFAD feuds – Kurtsey/Kravinoff and Big Dave/Barbosa – and for not shooting their bolt on the Gordito/Baez.

Backstage Segment – Klamor for Power
Am I the only one that thinks Klamor would make the perfect campaign manager for Constantine should he choose to launch a political takeover of Meltdown, Ascension or WZCW as a whole?

Alex Bowen def. Justin Cooper to retain the WZCW Mayhem Championship
Match: A good match that put the champion over strong without doing any irretrievable damage to Cooper. I thought that maybe there should have been some shock from the commentators when Cooper tried to run over Bowen. I also had visions of Bowen pulling a Joker and daring Cooper to hit him with the pick up.

Feud: There wasn’t one and I hate to sound like a broken record but that is a problem for the Mayhem division. It desperately needs some kind of depth beyond mulit-man matches, particularly with the growth of the roster. Having a good, long-lived champion like Bowen can only do so much.

Backstage Segment – A Troubled Man
A confident sounding Beckford with perhaps the slightest tinge of worry.

Blade def. Chris Beckford to become WZCW EurAsian Champion
Match: The story of the feud (see below) was picked up in the actual match, which again shows attention to detail - Blade was dominant for long periods and only Beckford's desperation allowed him to stay alive and then to have the ref bump prevent him from retaining, only then to then make the one mistake of not going for the pin after the Cross Drop allowing the calculating Blade to reap the benefits of his prolonged mental games.

Feud: This has worked out rather well. I might have liked Beckford to retaliate sooner or at least have him explain why he did not but otherwise the build up of Blade getting inside Beckford's head in numerous different ways was well played out. I expect there to be another confrontation between these two.

Backstage Segment – BALLS
I wanted some sort of corny basketball analogy here - maybe Baller claiming that his victory would be a slam dunk or that he would get nothing but net.

Sam Smith def. Mr Baller
Match: As entertaining a match as this was, I think the part I enjoyed the most about it was the good heel work from Baller here, channelling that Tiger Woods-esque arrogance of many a sportsman.

Feud: Was it a feud? I would say not but it was a good way to elevate at least one of these two to title contention. However, it could easily become something a bit longer term should Baller not take his defeat well.

Backstage Segment – Alas Smith and Jones
Glad to see Jones get some good air time as he is perhaps the most unlucky of all of the roster to not get a place on the card. Also glad to see him picking a mid card feud too - I still want to see him team up with Winters though, perhaps to prevent Smith taking the Elite X title…

Austin Reynolds def. Constantine in Three Stages of Hell
Match: Lived up to everything it promised. With neither being a submission man, the ending was somewhat predictable and it is a pity that the finish had been foreshadowed by the Mayhem match earlier.

Feud: Probably the biggest feud on the KC card and one that was inherited from Showtime. These two have gone tooth and nail at each other for the last few months and this was a fitting finale with Reynolds getting his revenge on the dastardly Constantine. It will be interesting as to where these two will go after this.

Backstage Segment – Crashin Burn
Cannot say that this has not been on the cards although KC was as good a time as any for Dougie to go out even if it was a little bit tacked on.

Brothers in Arms def. The Crashin Movement and the Forgotten Powers
Match: I think Funkay summed this up well. The two teams with a future dominated much of the match with Holmes trying his best in an up hill struggle only to get no thanks in the end.

Feud: The End of the Crashins. I am not sure that they ever reached their full potential as a force but they added a good dynamic to the roster, something that will be missed. However, for the sake of the tag division, another team has been elevated to take their place against the dominant BiA. No, not Kravinosa Barbinoff. The Forgotten Powers. Their introduction and rapid rise in the division have added something new and with the seeming imminent arrival of new teams - there have been false dawns before though

Ty Burna def. Showtime Dave Cougar to retain the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship
Match: This was always going to be good. Was a little surprised not to see Serafina involved but in a way I suppose it was for the best as the biggest match of the biggest event should be mano e mano.

Feud: I cannot help but think that while the personal nature of the feud has been done really well with Showtime getting inside the head of Ty through various means and the violence of Ty's response, the WZCW title was almost of secondary importance. I think that there will be a rematch at Redemption with some sort of stipulation.

Meltdown 55

The Poop Deck

Good to see Ricky here. I missed him the first time around. He could fit in anywhere, I'd say. With all the talent though, there aren't many places to fit. Adn the DAve thing was well played. I feel like he'll be holding onto his kingship for awhile, which isn't a bad thing by any means.

Jones v Agony

Poor Agony, the whole violence to Leon will get ya every time. Jones deserved the wins though. It seems as though he'll be involved in that Elite X situation in some way, as others have stated an alliance with Jones is always a possiblity.

Blade is Shut Down

He's too good for her anyway. Hmm, I wonder what Ty's going to say. Good thing I've read it alread.

[Beckdito vs. Blaez[/B]

Well played, the correct team definitely won, both based on RP quality and for future bookig. Not sure how I feel about a chairs match though, Batista vs. Undertaker was quite shit.

Showtime is Crazy

I think I saw him hanging out with Pepe Sylvia, you should look there.

Forgotten Powers v Paradyse Cruz

Solid match here. Liked how PC looked solid in this, I actually thought they had a shot of winning this one with Rox's effort. I'm smelling another multi man PPV match in the tag division. And Copeland should be made aware that there is only 1 team dominating the tag division

Showtime Called to the Principal's Office

He's the mysterious, sexy guy that plays by his own rules, no doubt.

Showtime v Baller

Poor Baller. Sure, he should have loss, but I don't think the RP difference was enough that he should have been "clinically ended." Good to see you took care of him on AS though.

Baez is Still a Dick and Constantine Walks Down a Hallway

Baez/Gordito will ultimately provide something quite good, at Redemption in some sort of gimmick match, I'd assume. And the imagery of Constantine walking was superb.

Dave v. Constatine

Good match of nice length here. The right man picked up the win as Dave is being built up as a scary competitor and is more than qualified for the belt he'll eventually be receiving. I feel for Constantine though, he's been fed to the wolves as of late. He deserves an easy opponent or two to get back on his feet.

Overall, really solid show. Set up more than a few things and continued momentum from KC nicely.

Meltdown 57 and Ascension 32

I’m really digging the build to the triple threat match at Redemption. It is in every sense a three way feud as each man now has compelling heat with the other two. That was accentuated by throwing different combinations of two men to the forefront over the course of these two shows rather than having all three of them in the same place every time they were on screen. I especially like that the one combination we saw the least of this week was Ty vs. Showtime. We got more than enough of that in the build to Kingdom Come and know how epic it is, but the change of the nature of Ty’s conflict with Reynolds adds a compelling new dimension to this bout and I’m happy time was spent on those two without Showtime on both episodes. Well built. Tip of the hat for letting newcomer Ale in on the fun in a really strong match against Reynolds on Ascension.

I also enjoyed the build to Gordito vs. Baez this week. I know all of these losses are driving Killjoy a little batty, but he should embrace what they add to the feud at this point: A level of heelish irrationality to his claims that he’s better than Gordito. Another tip of my hat to whoever is keeping Gordito’s relationship with Ty in the periphery. I’ve been convinced since All Or Nothing that eventually Ty vs. Gordito will get red hot when Gordito finally gets good enough to beat Ty (leading to moments of heelish desperation from Ty) or realizes he’s not good enough to beat Ty (resulting in a heel turn out of frustration for the Dirty One). Seeing it brought up on both shows this week is certainly preferable to watching a good thing with legs left in it fade into the ether.

The Everest/Dave/Kravinoff/Barbosa situation was cooking on all cylinders as well this week. The main event on Ascension was written with an intensity that lends a lot of credibility to the issue (Big props to FalKon on that one). That sort of action especially stands out against the shorter, more run-of-the-mill matches you see every round which involve the new talent. Not every match can be an intense barn burner if you want the matches that are to mean something (not taking anything away from the solid wins for Shabba and Dragon this week). That’s one of the things WZCW creative keeps its “smarky bullshit” filter on for most weeks and that seems to go unnoticed and I tip my hat to those behind the scenes for, whether intentionally or not, crafting their shows in that manner. Big Dave came off especially well as I can imagine destroying the Freud portrait after all these months getting a red hot babyface reaction in real life. My only complaint about this feud this week was the way Barbosa was handled. And I don’t mean in the match. Him enjoying the big spin, among other things, was just too funny. No, rather it was Dave referring to Kravinoff as the tongue-in-cheek “brains.” I don’t think a main eventer in waiting as cerebral as Barbosa should be disregarded so glibly.

I’ve got mixed feelings on the Titus-Constantine issue. While I feel that’s a perfect match at this point, I think the segment on Ascension was almost a misstep. While it probably didn’t strike most people this way, I feel that if I had been watching that segment on television, it’s the sort of brawl that would necessitate both men being pulled off of one another by referees and other personnel to save it for the pay per view. Constantine getting the upper hand doesn’t ring true to me, nor would the alternative of Titus standing tall. Similarly, I’m not wild about Kurtesy being backed off by a non-wrestling in Sandaza on Metldown. It’s a minor issue, and I know Holmes should probably look a bit cowardly, but that sort of thing might work better if Holmes had another wrestler in his employ. He should see what he can do to get someone like the Agony out of limbo.

I like how you’re handling the Winters situation. Instead of making him look like a total jobber, you’re doing your best to make wins over him still look semi-meaningful. This week’s win for Smith looked good going into Redemption and if Winters no-shows his third consecutive round, I hope his exit from the company is made to look competitive enough that Smith gains something from the bout. I also like the way Baller’s no-show was handled so that he gets to save some face for the return of Ricky. Gordito’s no-show was handled as part of the build to his match at Redemption, and as I mentioned above I like the booking there. Heck, I think I prefer the booking for Gordito-Showtime more this way than I might have if Jose had actually RP’d. Bizarre. I just think it added a lot of heat to an angle that’s been going on for a while now.

Finally, a few comments on various title pictures. I like that the Brothers got to roll through two singles competitors and continue to add prestige to their belts. Bowen is a strong RPer and a good Mayhem Champion, but him continuing to be foiled by the Brothers is a nice little issue to have on the back burner. Though Saxton and Bowen were really on the back burner altogether this week. I hope that’s resolved in the shows to come. They’re too guys I like to see a lot of. The tag title situation was handled well. Big ups to whoever thought of Toyota with a crossbow. And props to FalKon on another win: “Can you imagine Sean's face when he sees that foundation won't be able to cover those bruises?” Lulz. More of that please. T’was also a good match that really kept the default next team in line with a lot of credibility. As for the Beckford situation, while it’s unfortunate to see him go, that was handled the right way. Massive heel cred to Blade on that one and for the second time this year, the undercard guys get some excitement in a Eurasian Championship open challenge. That’s as good a way as any to keep everyone in the fed motivated during the pay per view round.

Good shows. I think most of my complaints were noted in there. Keep up the fine work, gents.

Meltdown 59:

• Smooth swerve with the briefcase and the contract. Betcha WWE would never come up with that unique situation.
  • I like the fact the young guys face each other rather than a veteran. it gives them a chance to develop at an equal pace and establish themselves a bit better than having to face long-standing veterans. Can't say the same for Ale though. '
  • The Baez segment makes some good sense given the feud with Titus seems to be more about their appeal than actual personal issues. But if sales were as low as Chuck claimed, what was Austin doing wearing one? That should've tipped Ty off.
  • Baller looked more like a turning face rather than a jerk heel. He was right about Steamboat and everyone started to question Steamboat. I get the build-up part, but that brings Ballers alignment into question a bit.
Ascension 24:

• The Baez/Titus thing is getting a bit confusing for me. Still a nice touch of not being a perennial jerk like Baez has been as of late and Hunter get's a win despite what happened to him, I'd say this worked well and a pretty interesting choice for an opener here too.
  • The 3 Way I also liked a lot. Like I said about Scumm and Sabotuer, it helps them build each other when new guys face each other.
  • The Dave/Hunter bits were awesome. Too awesome. Black Swan, tying a guy up and blindfolding him in the jungle, leaving him there, homosexual S&M innuendo aside, this was crazy but awesome.
  • Barbosa vs Toyota? Filler much?
  • Why is Baez vile? Next week? Dammit.
  • A massive double swerve ends the show. Austin wasn't turning heel, Ty was. Very nicely handled. A candidate for best AS/MD for sure.

Apocalypse

Ahh my first PPV, so I decided it warranted a review for the hard work creative puts into their work. I'm going to list the positives, the negatives, and what can be improved for next round.

The Positives:
First I would like to state how much I enjoyed reading the matches. I stayed up late on Sunday waiting to read it, which is something I rarely do for any sort of story. Which is needless to say the creative knows how to book matches and set up feuds. Every match felt well built and deserving to be on the PPV card. The members on the roaster work hard and you reward them with powerful writing. I also liked that regardless of a loss, wrestlers always seem to come out strong and be able to bounce back the next round.

The negatives:
No Armando Paradyse on the PPV? 1 stars out of 5!

Joking aside, why was the Elite X title match in the first round? Granted that this is the match that many didn't expect Constantine to win because of the fact Dave has had internet issues and had to take a break from the fed but you don't make the first match of the night a title match for the 2nd valued title in the fed. But I guess it allows for Steven K. To come out and get a reaction from the fans.

What can be improved:
Match order is pretty much the only thing that I see would make the next PPV better. You want the show to start strong and hook people in but title matches at the start of PPV's always managed to take away from the Main-event. But in all honestly I feel the battle royal would have helped Black Dragon further his push, and still hook readers into the PPV.

Ricky's Rating:
Awesome job dudes! I can't believe I wasn't on the card though, major bummer man. My favorite match of the night had to be the King for a Day contract match! Can anyone say twist ending Man!? Bummin out I lost to Dragon for the dark match but the guy deserved it. I am excited for the next set of shows to see what happens with new champs Stantime, and also the now missing Hunter K. I hope Wasabi ends up getting the case, big guy has earned it more than the other two.

7/10

WZCW Presents: Apocalypse
Review by CM Prophet

No idea why the show started with Gordito and Beckford. If they’re returning to the federation then that’s great, if not then I don’t get it. They give their opinion on who is going to win the World Title match to waste five minutes before the event started. Myles sounded good on the microphone and did give the segment a purpose I guess at the end. I don’t know. Probably could have saved this segment for a backstage thing later in the night instead of using it to open the show.

Really quick match between Smith and Constantine for the title. I guess with Constantine not RPing its fine but this could/should have gotten more time. It’s a mid-card match on PPV and it is the opening bout. A solid fifteen minutes or so match would have been better. Constantine didn’t look to impressive out there and was beaten quickly by Smith. It does make Smith look strong but I think a little more time on this match was needed. To sum up on this match, it was very short for a title match and didn’t really impress.

Holmes cut a solid promo after the match and I guess his next target is going to be Smith. Now this match was what I wanted to see here tonight. Holmes and Kurtesy both looked great out in the ring and the match was great. Really enjoyed reading it. I was a little disappointed that the match started off with the sneak attack by Kurtesy though. I see both men are clean cut in ring wrestlers. While they may cheat from time to time, both are knowable of wrestling holds. I guess the fact that the match was submissions count anywhere it makes sense but it’s just a personal thing. Would have liked Steven Holmes to go over in this bout, he cut a good promo before the match and losing took away from that. If he had won then Holmes would have looked like a serious contender for the Elite X title in the future. However after losing it looks like Kurtesy would be a better challenger having just knocked off Holmes in this PPV match. I would be very surprised to see this be the last time they face, a match on Meltdown for the number one contendership maybe? Great match though.

A nice promo from the tag champions here, simple yet effective. I would like to make one suggestion though. I’m not a fan of not having the speakers name before every line. Makes it easier for the reader to tell who is talking. And yes I while colours are always helpful, bolded names just seem easy and very simple.

Another good match on the card tonight with the battle of the superheros. Well they both wear masks. Lots of action with both men looking strong at the end of it. I like that Beaz got the victory here tonight; a big win on PPV is something he needed. I don’t really have match to say on this match other than good work. I would like to make another suggest though if I could. Would you all consider putting times on the matches? When reading the shows I would like to know how long these matches are going for. Even the short ones, it just looks better that way. Something to think about for creative I guess as we have no idea how long each match goes. A way people do it for the Book This! Section is,

200 words= 1 minute
150 words= 1 minute

These two are the most popular around for match writing. While you guys may not use something like this for the matches, it does give you a barrier for the time frame of a match. Makes the PPV more realistic and adds that little more detail to the events that WZCW produces.

Freaking segment with Ty Burna that does further the storyline with Austin Reynolds. I’m liking the way this thing is going but should Reynolds lose tonight, it should be the last time they face for the title on PPV for the next couple of events.

Basic tag team title contest from you guys, which means it was solid. Not a fan of the new champions tonight as they were a thrown together team just a week ago or something. I think they won a battle royal and became a team. We had a good pair of champions that had beaten every challenge that came toward them. I guess Stantime earned the victory though. So congratulations to them for the victory. Can’t wait to see the rematch between the two.

:lmao: Does Big Dave drive around in his wrestling gear?

Crazy triple threat match which are always hard to write. A nice job was done on this one with all the guys getting some time to shine. I guess the ending was… … ok. If nothing else it was original. It does get you another PPV match between Barbosa and Toyota. I do have a feeling it will end up with Dave which it shouldn’t. He lost. That is it. No more. Keep the angle between Barbs and Toyota from this point on. I highly doubt it will end up that way but a guy can hope. Maybe we will have the winner by Lethal Lottery.

Austin Reynolds cuts a good promo. He seemed very intense which he should be considering his soon to be wife has been taken away. Nice job.

The matches tonight have been good and this was another case. Eurasian title match was what I would expect, an upper level mid card bout. Blade wasn’t ready to have the title taken off him after working so hard to get it. I expect that creative have something big planned for Blade in the coming months as champion. Hammond looked strong out in the ring though. He had a chance to pick up the victory but tonight wasn’t his go. Interesting ending at the end with the handshake. Not sure on what that was all about to be honest.

Alex Bowen is still Mayhem Champion; jeez I need to come back. Before I continue I would like to say congratulations to him on that. I believe he passed the record. I remember back in the good old days when Alex Bowen and Justin Copper were fighting for the title at Kingdom Come. Good times. Nice promo. Bowen sounded in tune for his character.

This was your intense, hardcore and WZCW finest division :)p). Brutal match here with some sick spots that were great. You had two guys that did everything to pick up the victory. Both Uncle P and Doc put up two fine RP’s and it showed off here. Great match between the two and Bowen picks up another victory. When is this match going to get his shot at the Elite X or Eurasian title? Because when he does, Bowen will take the title from either Blade or Crock.

How far has Baller gone since the jobber we once saw? Great to see him going up against a legend like Ricky here and doing some funny segments on the way. Baller at the moment is really funny and he is an entertaining character. Onto the match itself and Baller acted cocky during the entire thing which was great. His shove to Everest was well played out and I liked the match. When it came time to the match Ricky was always going to win. While Baller is good, he isn’t up to the level of the former World Champion. I’m liking where this angle is going and hope it isn’t over yet. You can still get some much out of this angle. Have Baller win a match against Ricky by cheating or something. Have Baller go around saying he really beat him. You can do the big celebration by Baller on a Meltdown if you want. This could be a big push for Baller if done right.

Final match of the night with Ty Burna defending against Austin Reynolds. Great match between the two, loved every moment of it. Match of the night and probably match of the year from WZCW. This match had everything going for it. Great drama, two great competitors and then the match was well written. To see Ty win was another thing I liked about the event. I will say this should be the last time that Reynolds gets a title match. I don’t think that he can beat Ty at this point. No offense to Numbers but Ty is in a world of his own. Ty has been unbeatable and is still continuing to dominate. I don’t see anyone in WZCW that can beat him. Not one main event talent in WZCW (Showtime, Reynolds, Dave, Titus) can beat him at the moment. Ty is the hottest thing in the company. He is the CM Punk of this federation and I doubt anyone will beat him anytime soon. The one challenge Ty has left from the big scene is a man named Barbosa.

So after my review I would like to repeat my suggestions.

1.Put times on the matches so we know how long they go for.
2.Think about using the x amount= 1 minute system for matches.
3. Barbosa vs Ty Burna for the title!

Nice job with the event guys. I really enjoyed the show. And Ty has superpowers, cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back