WZCW Show Reviews

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Anyone can post in here, just give us feedback on the shows what you liked, what you didn't.

NB this is not a spam thread.

I figured I better start this review thread out. This half of the entire thing will be feedback about the overall usage of the shows.

Positive Points:

- Great timing and teamwork. The shows are posted on the specified dates, sometimes even earlier and everyone on the creative/writing team works well to post everything up. This is despite hinderances like outside commitments and people leaving.

- Ability to work with what has been given. All you guys have to use is a roster page and one RP to write matches and storylines. I can see how frustrated you can get if someone no-shows or writes something crappily forcing you to write a shit match.

- Separation between matches. It's a good idea to do so and makes it for much better reading. I also like the idea where you post who writes what matches.

- I could go on and on... so, how about I just skip to my own personal criticisms?

Negative Points:

- CHECK YOUR SPELLING! If we need to spell check in our RP's, then so too can creative do the same in their posting of shows. It frustrates me when I just sit there trying to decipher what you attempted to spell sometimes.

- Use the same style of formatting. Some creative members use different colour codings for the same people, which can confuse people. Some write matches in italics and others in nothing... what I am trying to say is have a set basis for setting out the shows.

- Limited use of the commentators. I know why, but it wouldn't hurt to make them add something more to the match. Like, instead of describing pinfall attempts or submission moves... get the announcers to call them and describe them to use mid-match. This will allow you to make Cohen rise to his feet in joy or anger about what is occurring or either of the play-by-play people to become more emotionally attached to the match.

- - - - - - - - -​

What I liked About the Shows:

- Interesting storylines to rid of leaving superstars such as Drake Callahan being carried away by Lars Reidar.
- The swerve balls of the Ascension ending (to which I know its translation) and having every title change hands.

In all seriousness, there was nothing about the last couple of shows that I can say that I didn't like. However, I will mention that I was extremely shocked when I was crowned the Tag Champ. I thought for sure that since I was debutting and Second Coming just won the titles, we wouldn't take the titles away from them. But, I guess that's not the system.

Great show guys. I must say I love the idea of WZCW all together, that's why I joined. I really am enjoying my stay here thus far. It has given me a new thing to do on these forums. I like the fact that you guys base everything off very little information such as the RP's and the roster pages. I can only imagine all the time that goes into this. Anyways, onto the shows.

I rather enjoy the segments with Chuck Myles and Vance Bateman on each of their respective shows. I love that each show has a general manager as it has become a likeable element of the wrestling business to me. As I've said in the discussion thread, I love that your title matches don't just happen at pay per views, they happen on all the shows. I like that there are also no limits to the length or RP's, as they can either be short or long as long as they can get you over.

At first I didn't like that not everyone had a titantron video, but then I realized the time and effort it would take to make one for every single wrestler, but the thing I don't understand is how do you choose who gets them? Who decides that someone gets a titantron?

I loved that Jordan Lights had a strong showing in the debut match and that he had a shot at the Lethal Lottery and now potentially has a shot at winning a championship.

This is my first time really RPing for anything and I really enjoy it. Keep up the good work guys. If you ever need/want a new creative member, give me a shout and I'll gladly oblige to help out.

Meltdown:
I really liked the battle royal. I suppose that's an obvious one, given it had me in it. But I really thought it was well-written and exciting. The entrances needed a little work, though. I know you were trying to get through them quickly, but the commentary in some didn't work for me.
The opening promo was funny, but it didn't flow very well when I was reading it. It needed a little more work.
The Cougar/Callahan match was fantastically written.
Overall, a very good show.

Ascension
First off, digging the ending. Really left me wondering.
The backstage segments seemed a little out of place to me, for some reason.
I think Chambers should have been beaten up more.
I liked the Excellency/Baller match, and Baller's cockiness was well done.
Fajitas come from Mexico, not Spain. Funny line, though, one I will reference if I ever have to face De La Noche.
The backstage segment after Chambers/Obsidius confused me slightly.
The tag team match between Teach/Kurtesy and Second Coming was absolutely top notch.
The main event was, as well.

A solid round of shows, and I highly enjoyed reading them.

Guys, I have to say the shows were VERY well put together. Although I admit I didn't get the guitar solo (it has since been explained and is not clear to me). I likd the idea of Drake being removed by Lars (sneaky git took a win off me when I'd asked for the show off), but a coffin would have been a better way rather than a stretcher...

Developmental BR was good and a nice preview to Lethal Lottery.

Good luck to whoever gets to write that baby!!!

Meltdown:
I really loved the triple threat Mayhem Championship match. I know that was an obvious one seeing as how I was in the match & I won.
The main event match came of really well. Plus I am a fan of how the entire rWo bit came off.
Liked the commentary on the show & it's one of the enjoyable aspects of the show.
The first match of the show was really well written & the writing made it into an enjoyable match for me to read.

Ascension:
Just for the shit's & grins, Chambers should've been beaten down a little more, but he's gone now.
The whole Fajita reference is a funny line
The Mr. Baller/Exellency match was good. It's always nice to see Mr. Baller come out on top (he's a good heel character).
The backstage segments were kind've a hit & miss at times (mostly a hit), but not every segment can be on par right.

Since I completely missed the point the first time around (or some creative members don't take constructive criticisms lightly) :p, here are my thoughts on the show...

MeltDown 31:

- rWo spoof was pretty good... seemed a little forced, but what do I know about comedy? Nice solid promo to get some momentum into the main event.

- On demand role-plays are good, they do their job in delivering what they are meant to do. Generic, but it does well enough to hype everything.

- The Developmental Battle Royale was good. J-Dogg getting eliminated as soon as he enters was pretty funny, but I thought he has asked for his release? CB getting kicked out early is funny as well. Beckford deserved the win, with Karzai coming a close second. The right people got signed to a contract.

- All the matches were solidly written (the ones where people RP'd) and the James Baker win was a little shocking, but no suprise. I like the way that these released superstars like Drake Callahan get pushed aside.

Ascension 6:

- Good short match to kick the show off... with the build to the Tag team Title match.

- That protolock is being built to be something fierce. Good match between Rafael and Payne, that was good writing.

- I'm with the majority, Chambers should have been kicked the shit out of... but considering neither character RP'd I can see why Obsidius didn't get the full work done.

- Nothing to complain about the Zander segments/match refereeing.

- The main event match was the highlight of the night, it was really something. Great idea to pit opponents as tag team partners. The twist ending was great as well.

- Last but not least, MY TITLE VICTORY!1!!1! I was both surprised and shocked me and Teach got the titles. I thought considering that I just started with my new character, Teach has sooooo much momentum and Second Coming just won the titles... I thought for sure that they would retain and it would be a win-win situation. However, I appreciate that we got awarded the titles.

Keep up the good work guys.

The Lethal Lottery was great. Although I think it's kind of sketchy that Titus won the match in the section of the match that Lee wrote...

Just Joking.

The show was great and can't wait for Kingdom Come.

Titus vs. Everest

grateztz mainz event EVAH#1!!@!@#@!!!!!@!!!

Meltdown 31 - I loved the opening segment with Titus, Steel and Bratchny impersonating the RWO. It was funny and a good set up for the match later that night. The opening match between Royal and Hammond was a good opener and a decent match. The Developmental Battle Royal entrances could have been done better but I understand that to write out everybodys entrances would be too time consuming. The match itself was fantastic, faced paced action. I liked that basically everybody got some time to shine. Obviously I was happy with the match due to my guy being in it and I liked the suspense of the last 3 men in the ring, anybody could have won that match.

The Eurasian Championship match was weird I had expected it to go much longer than it did even though we knew the outcome before the match. Having said that though the Lars Reider taking Callahan and putting him in the casket was very well written and took me by suprise. The Bowen/Christiansen seemed too short, I liked the attack at the start of the match but then that was it, I thought it would have gone on much longer than it did considering the length of the match before. The Mayhem Championship match was my match of the night, well written and great entertainment, the length was just right and it kept me on the edge of my seat throughout.

The main event was a very good 6-man match I kinda guessed that the RWO would come out victorious after they were embarrased in the opening segment but that didn't take anything away from the match. It was very entertaining and set everybody up nicely for the Lethal Lottery.

Ascension 6
- The opening match was good.....I can't believe Baller won. It was a usual opening bout which brought about a decent level of entertainment and set the tone for the rest of the show. Payne vs De La Noche was a great match extremely well written and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout , that submission is coming accross as really deadly, The Obsidious vs Chambers match up was alright nothing majorly special. The triple threat match was my match of the night, triple threats are usually awesome and this one was no different very well written,suspenseful and entertaining. The tag team match was top notch, again well written and entertaining like all the matches although I didn't expect a title switch, it was quite shocking but in a good way.

The main event was fantastic pitting oppenents as tag teams can sometime bomb but it worked really well here. It was frantic fast paced action, again suspenseful and made everybody look good going into the Lethal Lottery.

Lethal Lottery 2 - The opening was fantastic, I liked how you had various people preparing for the match in their own unique way. The opening bout between Karnage and Blade was amazing as was the triple threat Elite X match. I enjoyed the match on Ascension so to get it again for the title was a bonus. Thought Zander would come away with the belt thought so it was quite a shock when Smith won it. The Showtime/Hammond match was good, I didn't really know what to expect with it being an open challenge but it came off well although I didn't think that there was any danger that Showtime would lose. The World title match was amazing unpredicatable and definitely well written. If it wasn't for the lottery that would be match of the night.

The Lottery was amazing, I loved the way the enterances were in the the spoiler tags, it kept up the suspense. I liked how some of the big names came in at the start and lasted till the end. The Baller segment was funny as hell, starting with the thundering silence that he came out to. Titus maybe deserved to win but anybody of the last 5 could have won it and I would have been happy but overall it was a great show.

Kingdom Come - What can I really say other than excellent show? Everyone poured their hearts and souls into their required creative writing pieces, both RPers and writers, to bring out the best WZCW PPV, period. My opinion probably doesn't count due to me being here only for like a couple of months.

The matches and characters were used down to a T from the standpoint I take and I was surprised by some of the events that unfolded. The ending of the Blade vs. Rush match nearly made me do the same thing when I read that. The sick spot between Lars and Ty in the KFAD was epic, not to mention Corey Payne becoming the victor. Bellamy the Disco Spider making an appearance at the PPV made me laugh for quite a bit. The one thing that really shook me over was only one out of three rWo members becoming a champion by the end of the night and four title switches! I really thought every title would switch hands. If I had the vCash, I would have bet everything on Mr Baller winning, so that shock factor really got me going to read the entire PPV.

Excellent show guys. Nothing can touch this PPV.

I'm glad to see FalKon take the initiative and I expect more of you to give some review to the masterful piece of work our fine writing team has done with Kingdom Come. You can comment it in general like FalKon did or match by match like I'm doing.

Opening Mayhem match was well written. Blade did an excellent job providing good and equal spots for each of the competitors. I know writing a match that includes more than 4 combatants can be challenging, but he did a great job. The match read smoothly and had everything you could expect from a Mayhem match, big spots and lots of violence. You gave each wrestler a lot to work with for their next RP's. Hammond got the big win in what was a very difficult match to choose. Great opening match.

Blade also wrote the next match, the Elite, and delivered again. Match continued what Mayhem left off with a bit of a hardcore feel. Frankie and Karnage are both big powerhouses that hit big power moves. It was a fun match to read, surprisingly quick and with lots of good spots. Both men came out looking like stars in that match, Frankie picking up the victory and Karnage kicking out of a finisher. Frankie Smith may be one of the hottest WZCW wrestlers right now and this win puts him in exclusively company, :D, right Blade.

Blade verse Rush was next. Good short match with an interesting twist. Even as a member of creative, I had no idea about this ending and have been left curious as to where it will go. Despite Blade picking up the victory, I thought Rush was the real star of the match. Blade though picks up the important title shot, which is big for him and for his new heel character. A cheap win like that will be good for his new heel character. Match read like a very real match, with Rush's size playing a factor in Blades ring strategy. It was well written Ty.

Next up my match. Damn it I should've won, lol. A solid back and forth contest Lee wrote. The action kept coming and the pace was quick. A good clean match placed between the very hardcore Mayhem, Elite, and KFAD matches. Me and Big Dave have a lot we can work with from the ending. Despite the ending, my favourite match, mostly cause I'm in it. It had some good wrestling and a great finish. Damn it why'd I fly? lol

KFAD, written by Phoenix, was probably the match of the show. Unbelievable match and the only match I was unsure about who would win so that left it very exciting for me to read. Huge win for Payne and he deserved it. There were a lot of huge spots and a very awesome finish. I was disappointed by the early exits of Beckford and Reynolds, but I know not everyone could stay in there forever and get to do all the cool moves. Phoenix made sure though to give everyone some good spots. Ty, Lars and Payne had the best RP's and were the rightful stars of the match. Can't wait to see all the feuds that will spawn off the results of this match.

Next up the match I wrote, Ricky verse Carmen. Since I figured the Titus/Everest would be a solid wrestling match I wanted to make mine more of a brawl. I would've liked to include more outside the ring action after I finished writing it, but felt I already had a lot there that was great. Also, the belly to belly spot didn't seem quite as awesome after KFAD, lol, oh well I thought it was kool. A great match I thought I wrote. And both guys getting cheered. Who'd have thunk it? lol, next.

Tag match was great. TNK finally pick up the all important win and silenced all critics. Their RP's were outstanding this week and they showed why they are the champs. I like how we're seeing more of the soon to be possible break-up of SC. Garth and Phoenix have done well as a team and now I think its time to see them as singles competitors. That's my opinion only, I would love to see a Garth/Phoenix feud. I like the fact HA were not pinned and it gives them needed momentum heading towards maybe a possible rematch. This was a great match to read, there was lots of action involved. Good work Thunder.

Main event, Titus/Everest, was everything I could expect in a main event. I didn't even know what pure rules was at first, but it was quickly explained for me throughout the match. The match continued to show the mean side of Everest and Titus looked dominant overcoming the odds. To sum it up, the whole show was amazing and I think me and the rest of creative did an outstanding job. But we couldn't do it at all without your guys RP's, which were all outstanding. Great work everyone.

Okay, so this show was totally epic. It was very well written and nothing went how I expected except for the WZCW Championship match. I've always said that you guys work very hard to get this stuff done on time , and you guys have come through yet again. You are all excellent writers and you deserve this break right now.

This show brought out the best in everyone, not just RP wise, but creative wise as well. Keep up the good work guys and maybe someday I'll be on the other side of the table helping you too.

Meltdown 37 - Great show as always guys. I loved the opening segment between Everest, Myles and Bratchny. However I feel as though revealing the belt now was not a good move. Not that it particularly matters, but in unifications the new belt is usually revealed once there is a winner. Great matches too, you can tell the differences in writing styles between you guys. Nice segment of The Show. I would have never expected Trevor Steel and Showtime to become partners/ somewhat friends after the incident from Lethal Lottery. Cannot wait for the 2 out of 3 falls match at Redemption, wouldn't it be neat if each fall was a stipulated fall though? Good main event and nice entrance from Titus and USA with the flags. Good win for The Ghetto Stars also, and good to see Kurtesy get a new partner.

I'll edit Ascension into this post once the show is up and I've read it.

Opening Why was a full match part of the highlights?

Tag match (title) I just found this really confusing way to end the match, but it builds the PPV match for sure

Beckford/Phoenix Loved it, very well written

Karen backstage Her name is Karen McKenzie, her husband was called Swindle McKenzie, she's not called Karen Swindle

Ty and Lars v Crashin and Kurtesy
It was announced if Crashin lost he'd be fired, yet you've already announced him in a tag match at the PPV

The rest very well written, I love how well Payne has been doing as of late. All in all a good show building to redemption

Lets go...

Cage match – Phenomenal, amazingly written and really gripped you. Cool to see Baller finally get some gold, and I'm pretty sure HA have a lot left in their tank!

Elite X- WOW WOW WOW what a match, by goodness that was amazing. Kudos to Showtime for that great writing.

Black/Phoenix.- Good story here, it worked well plus the ending set up nicely to carry this on for another PPV at least.

Mayhem – WTF was that? I'm sorry but that was terrible, think of it from Killjoys POV he rps high quality week in week out and JOHN SMITH JOHN SMITH wins the belt. Terrible. Also what's this 27/7 rule? Surely Harrys should be announcing this match.

EurAsian – Whilst I personally believe Show deserved a pin, that was a very unique way of writing it. Very well done and keeps both men looking strong.

Mayhem again? - Erm allright, that's cool in the long run.

Other tag match – Man did I mark hard for USA. Great match and good simple ending.,,good work!

Mayhem 3 -WTF? It made sense with part 2 but now you've given the belt BACK to Hammond despite Killjoy clearly having the better RP.

Main Event – Consistency. CC is pink here, she's purple everywhere else. There's times where Red Mask is called Titus but it doesn't really matter. Using the referee AGAIN? That happened last month in the PPV. Come on. I liked the handshake part, even if I did ask for it to be Titus as Titus if it went to third pin.

All in all this PPV is a B+ marked down by the Mayhem segments. Great work by the rest though.

Lets go...

Cage match – Phenomenal, amazingly written and really gripped you. Cool to see Baller finally get some gold, and I'm pretty sure HA have a lot left in their tank!

Elite X- WOW WOW WOW what a match, by goodness that was amazing. Kudos to Showtime for that great writing.

Black/Phoenix.- Good story here, it worked well plus the ending set up nicely to carry this on for another PPV at least.

Mayhem – WTF was that? I'm sorry but that was terrible, think of it from Killjoys POV he rps high quality week in week out and JOHN SMITH JOHN SMITH wins the belt. Terrible. Also what's this 27/7 rule? Surely Harrys should be announcing this match.

EurAsian – Whilst I personally believe Show deserved a pin, that was a very unique way of writing it. Very well done and keeps both men looking strong.

Other tag match – Man did I mark hard for USA. Great match and good simple ending.,,good work!

Mayhem 3 -WTF? It made sense with part 2 but now you've given the belt BACK to Hammond despite Killjoy clearly having the better RP.

Main Event – Consistency. CC is pink here, she's purple everywhere else. There's times where Red Mask is called Titus but it doesn't really matter. Using the referee AGAIN? That happened last month in the PPV. Come on. I liked the handshake part, even if I did ask for it to be Titus as Titus if it went to third pin.

All in all this PPV is a B+ marked down by the Mayhem segments. Great work by the rest though.

To be fair to everyone, the Mayhem match was rushed together after we realised that no one had claimed it to write. All assuming that someone else was going to write it, we didn't realise that it was yet to be written. We had our winner planned and then it was written with not a lot of time remaining till the deadline. What is there is definitely better than postponing the event again or even not having anything written. I am sure that the Mayhem division will have it made up to them over the course of the next couple of events.

That being said, Lee. Thanks for giving us some feedback and being the first to point out the mistakes we have made. Let's hope people follow suit and tell us how to make it better.

Lets go...

I agree with everything he said. Everything went well, but I'm not much into this practice of showcasing the Mayhem division via backstage skits. The whole John Smith winning didn't make much sense until I got the belt back. I thought the idea was to have me run off with the cab like I WM 18 but it turned out to be backwards. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right to have a bunch of tough in your face guys acting like they're The Holly's and Kaientai running around backstage for the belt. But overall everything else was excellent. Two "returns" in one night, nice touch.

I don't mind telling you that this is a very well put together show, this week. With SC and Thriller being new to the game, I thought that I should be one of the first people to give some feedback on the show. It's only right that a former member of Creative, now looking in, can pick out the flaws and the strengths of each show. So here goes...

The intro was very well done. The fact that you never announced the Titus/Blade match along with the other ones and had it come around with the events that transpired between Blade and Titus seemed really nice. It immediately legitimized the match and I thought it worked very, very well. The belt looks fucking awesome too, Phoenix. Who ever suggested that belt should be given an award of some sort... OK, it was me. My reward should be forthcoming, I assume.

The first match was fine but a little bit short for my tastes. I know that this is SC's first written match as a member of Creative and hopefully he can adapt to the role and give us some more detail in future matches.

The contract match was very good and I think you have done well with having three of the guys getting contracts from the match. All three who got one probably deserved it and it helps to fix an ailing midcard and allows people who have been waiting for a shot, the opportunity as more lower-card people come in to fill their spots. The match was very well written too. I understand it was Thriller's match which makes it all the more impressive too.

Your other match was pretty good too. Personally, I like to go for a more detailed approach to writing and generally write a lot of detail for the match and less for commentary. As I have stated, it sometime takes a while to settle into what suite you, in terms of writing and you will get to familiarise yourself with that. In the future, the match will be more balanced and this is not a bad match to start off with. Great work so far, Thriller.

The next four matches by the more seasoned writers are fucking brilliant. Seriously, I cannot find fault with them and nothing would have been better if I was writing it myself. My special props go to Showtime who wrote two fantastic matches this week and is nothing less than I expect from him, to be honest.

All of you guys are working well together and hopefully this team can stay together as long as the last one did. With myself and Lee stepping away, there could have been a time where you were unstable and matches were slow to be written and poor in quality but that hasn't happened this week. What I would say is that there needs to be some continuity with the show. By all means, be yourself but keep the formatting pretty similar. Like having the names of the commentators in bold before they speak.

Other than that, great show.

Meltdown 40:

Spectacular show and a definitive improvement over last week. not that last week was bad or anything. I am enjoying the situations that surround the mid-card belts right now. One flaw I did finds was with the opening segment that had way too many noticeable grammar errors. You wrote "next week" twice in one sentence and when announcing the main event you wrote "verse" instead of "versus". However ignoring that, it was a fantastic show. However looking for a little more buildup for undercard matches. Only two PPV matches and a tentative 3rd one have been announced thus far.

I'd have to agree with Riaku. All the matches were spectacular. I'm not a grammer nazi so that didn't bother me one bit. The show kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. Shout to the Big Dave vs Holmes match up it was phenomenal. The elite x situation is gripping the fed at the moment and the next few weeks will undoubtedly bring out the best in all involved. The match up between Blade and Beckford was outstanding, shout out to SC for writing that. The main event was awesome, after the announcement earlier in the show I expected Showtime to come out on top so it was a nice switch when he didn't. Overall it was simply fantastic

Great work Guys. I enjoyed the opening segment despite the grammar errors. Everest vs. USA should interesting. The Battle Royale wasn't as good as the previous week's but then there was less to work with. Big Props go to Blade for his writing on the Big Dave vs. Steven Holmes match. Very gripping. I liked the nod of respect at the end also. Blade vs. Beckford was a frickin’ great match. Very back and forth. Wasn't sure who was picking up the win there. The main Event was very solid also. Setting up some interesting storylines to come. Overall a very good show.

Before I start, interesting choice of song for the PPV. Revival for Apocalypse? Okay then.

Fargo North Dakota is our setting for a night of action. Let's get right into it as we kick off with the controversial Ladder Match for the Mayhem Championship. I would say that there was no clear winner here going in and that was made obvious as we exited. I was interested in the fact that Hammond immediately attacked Holmes. A potential feud there? Continuing on from there war from the previous Mayhem, Gordito & Baez were kicking the living crap out of one another. Nice stuff. I liked how Holmes' sinister side came out as he attacked Gordito. Hammond was made to look strong as he attacked EVERYONE here. The brutal stunt with Jones & Holmes was nasty and a great visual. Interested in the ending with the possibility of Kurtsey.

Once again we have new WZCW Tag team Champions. I have to admit I'm a tad disappointed as, despite the fact that there RP was better, I would have personally held off giving Pride of Toyota the belts and kept a little feud going there before pulling the trigger and having them capture the tag titles. Aside from that this match was fun and it will be a dominant era ahead for Pride of Toyota. The post match stuff was a tad odd with the turn by Baller. The save from Lights could that lead to a new rivalry or a new team?

Loving that we're seeing Everest's dark side come out to play a little more. He's showing good development and I could see an interesting character emerging from the ashes if you will. Not sure where USA goes from here but Everest definitely has more opportunities at the gold ahead of him.

The reveal of Constantine was a nice surprise as I expected you to leave that of for a while but you pulled that rigger to (a little trigger happy tonight) and it made for an interesting moment between two possibly false idols. Crashin will have his hands full with Constantine and this should be a good potential feud.

Reynolds vs. Beckford was another entertaining clash but the result was holy predictable. I liked how you tried to avoid making it real obvious but I think we all knew in the end that Reynolds would retain in the end. I'm not sure who's next for Reynolds but they better be careful.

Intense, gritty and nasty. All words that describe the Last Man Standing Match. This was one that I wasn't sure who the winner would be. A good old fashioned slug fest with the heel emerging as the victor. WE finally get to see these two move away from one another and move onto something fresher.

Blade's time will come I have no doubt but Big Dave walked out as champion after a difficult tussle. I expecting a retain for Dave but again Blade showed off his merit and took Dave close but no cigar just yet.

Next comes my favourite match of the night. Showtime vs. Burna. This one had me gripping the edge of my seat. It was intense, it was gripping, it was vastly entertaining. It went on for quite some time only for Showtime to pull out that victory. Nice stuff.

Now I will say that I expected Titus to retain heading into this match but to my surprise Vengeance was awarded the championship. While I do believe that Vengeance is a great character I feel his victory was a PPV too early and like the tag titles should have been held off for the next round. That being said, there is a some-what full circle feel when it comes to this match.

Overall I'd say you did a great job with a few minor problems: 4.5/5.

Cons:
The title match - I can't avoid it. The decision was confusing.

Constantine - he had no explaination. I was bemused when I realised he was Dave's new character. All the build up was that he was an NPC to rival Bateman & Myles. The promo with Crashin made little sense after Constantine had belittled him. This led me (& see above also, that a feud between the two was coming.)

In-between:

The ladder match ending - hilarious but I'm still up in the air as to whether I like it. As I said in the discussion thread, the Crash-Klinic, like the Ghetto Stars, seem to lack direction.

Tag title Predictability - I hope some newbs step up. But PoT have no opponents now.

Next PPV build - I hope this means the next few weeks of MD & AS are worth it.

Pros:

Great matches: Fantastically written top to bottom, say what you like about the finishes that I was a bit meh over, but the writing was top notch, especially from the Elite X match onwards.

Decisions - apart from the World title, I think the right calls were made, although the LMS could have gone each way.

Pros: Management segments were awesome. HIAC is a great idea. Mayhem title situation is being brilliantly written. Elite X ending was great, probably match of the week and builds brilliantly to Unscripted, nice attempt to bring a random tag team to build the division, still believe any new guys would be better developing there. The Baller ending was LMAO. The Ratings Spike.

Cons: A little lack of transition between matches on Ascension, not on my match, but on a couple of matches before. So many contenders built up very well for three of the singles titles, that the Eurasian title seems a little left out in comparison. Not a lot of feedback on RPs this week, technically not an issue but you know.

Meltdown 44:

I loved the reveal behind the stolen belt. I was expecting the angle to go longer so the thief could have more buildup, but it's OK. We have a group trying to take out the Mayhem Division. Great stuff there, and it all happened suddenly. If it were TV, the shock value would really be through the roof. It also helps a lot that Baez isn't the only victim and that Hammond, Jones and Gordo are involved as well.

Really hoping for more tag teams, too. Glad to see a new addition.

I have mixed feelings revolving Dave/Titus, but I'll save that for Power Play.

The main event was fun to read, even if it's long. I'm lazy for reading. Loved that Dave got one over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back