• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZCW Discussion Thread

It's near impossible to read since it's all squashed together and the speech doesn't have quotation marks so you can barely tell the difference between actions and dialogue.

Not a new device just trying novel format instead of script format.

I like it better but clearly have to work on it.

It's near impossible to read since it's all squashed together and the speech doesn't have quotation marks so you can barely tell the difference between actions and dialogue.
Honestly didn't think they were necessary with the dialogue being in color

I just glanced at it and you don't usually need the quote marks if you use color and space the speech, in my opinion, but with the new format it all looks like a jumbled together mess. It was hard to read multiple people speaking in each paragraph and it was a bit hard on the eyes with all the contrasting color.

As far as formatting, you should honestly just stick to what everyone else does. Occasionally, for a big RP, a different format can have an impact, but people use the same format because it works. No one is going to reinvent the formatting wheel.

You haven't made a formatting choice, you've made a mistake over and over again. It's is basically unreadable, mate. You can't only use colour but then write the RP in three massive blocks where colour feeds straight into colour with little instruction as to who is speaking.

Compare the way you presented your RP to how I've done it. I'm not going to do the entire RP but just compare the two and ask yourself which is easier to read. Should've stuck the format you usually do. It's simple, as Yaz said, nobody is going to reinvent the wheel on how to format RPs. Formatting won't win you the match but it can surely cost you one.

The camera slowly comes into focus and we see Tony and Gino sitting at a local Italian restaurant. Tony looks around and passes the suitcase with $10,000 he won at Unscripted.

"Don't worry about this money Tony," Gino tells him and he sets the suitcase next to his chair. "We still have your father's accounts set up so we'll be able to hold on to this for you tax free."

"Thanks man," Tony says with a slightly uncomfortable look on his face.

Before he can say anything else the waitress comes up to their table and gives Tony the Spaghetti and Meatballs he ordered and sets a plate of Veal Parmesan in front of Gino. They eat in silence for a few minutes when Gino looks up and asks him a question that took Tony a bit by surprise.

"The Family is throwing a little party and some were hoping you'd stop by for a little bit. It has been a while since you've seen everybody after all."

Tony doesn't stop eating but his brow furrows as he thinks about what Gino is asking.

"It's been a while since I've seen everyone so I'll go," Tony said after he swallows the food in his mouth. "I still haven't made my mind up about coming back though so if this is an attempt at swaying me that punch to the face I gave you will be the least of your worries."

Gino nods as he chews on his food and they spend the rest of the meal just talking about nothing important. Once they're done Tony pays the bill and they walk out to their car. Tony gets in the passenger seat as Gino gets in the driver seat and starts the engine as Tony buckles up. As Gino drives off Tony think about how easy it is to slide back into old ways.

Once they get to the Social Club they walk inside and Tony stops in the doorway and looks around at the packed room. He immediately spots the Don Leo talking to his old friend Vito as well as a bunch of people he barely knew or didn't know at all.

As soon as Leo sees him he waves him over with a smile. Tony walks over and gives him a respectful nod of his head which Leo waves off with a drunken wave of his hand.

"I get enough of that on a daily basis," he says with a slurred voice. "This is a party after all."

Tony smiles and glances over at Vito who grimaces and shakes his head and leads them all over to an empty table in the corner.

"What have you been up to lately," Leo asks as he takes a sip of wine that was on the table. "No one but Gino has seen you in months."

"I've been keeping busy with my wrestling career Leo," Tony said with a hint of confusion as he keeps shooting questioning glances at Vito.

"Things haven't gone the way I wanted then to lately but with my big win at Unscripted I'm hoping things will turn around. The Roulette Round is coming up and that could be the break I need to show everyone I'm not a joke." Heat can be heard in Tony's voice but all Leo does is blink owlishly at him.

"What the hell are you talking about," he asks after staring off into space. "I've never heard of a Roulette Round in wrestling. Is that like gambling in Vegas or somethin'?"

"Kind of," Tony says with a chuckle.

It's a time in WZCW where everything is completely random. I don't know who I'm going to face, what type of match it will be or if any title will be on the line. I could walk out World Heavyweight Champion or I could walk out with yet another loss on my record."

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=5330361&postcount=4

Showtime only used colour for much of his run. This is how you do it if you want to use colour only. Clear gaps between speakers, easily to tell what it is going on.

Just think about it.

You haven't made a formatting choice, you've made a mistake over and over again. It's is basically unreadable, mate. You can't only use colour but then write the RP in three massive blocks where colour feeds straight into colour with little instruction as to who is speaking.

Compare the way you presented your RP to how I've done it. I'm not going to do the entire RP but just compare the two and ask yourself which is easier to read. Should've stuck the format you usually do. It's simple, as Yaz said, nobody is going to reinvent the wheel on how to format RPs. Formatting won't win you the match but it can surely cost you one.

Showtime only used colour for much of his run. This is how you do it if you want to use colour only. Clear gaps between speakers, easily to tell what it is going on.

Just think about it.
Absolutely I will.

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback.

That thing was so unreadable it hurt my eyes to try to read it. I'd stick to your previous format. Plus, you could have PM'ed that to someone. We still have several days before they are due.

Is it bad that my happiness this week relies on a Japanese baseball player signing with the Cubs, even though I'm pretty sure he'll be like every other Japanese prospect ever outside of Nomo and Ichiro and suck shit?

That thing was so unreadable it hurt my eyes to try to read it. I'd stick to your previous format. Plus, you could have PM'ed that to someone. We still have several days before they are due. Absolutely I will. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback.]You haven't made a formatting choice, you've made a mistake over and over again. It's is basically unreadable, mate. You can't only use colour but then write the RP in three massive blocks where colour feeds straight into colour with little instruction as to who is speaking.

Just think about it.
I just glanced at it and you don't usually need the quote marks if you use color and space the speech, in my opinion, but with the new format it all looks like a jumbled together mess. It was hard to read multiple people speaking in each paragraph and it was a bit hard on the eyes with all the contrasting color.

As far as formatting, you should honestly just stick to what everyone else does. Occasionally, for a big RP, a different format can have an impact, but people use the same format because it works. No one is going to reinvent the formatting wheel

Ok i've had 4 people tell me i fucked up. Only 1 has given me constructive feedback that i will take to heart and use for next time.

Enough is enough. I get that i fucked up. I will probably lose because of it

No need to keep telling me unless you have something to add that Prophet forgot to mention in his feedback. If you don't keep it to yourself.

Is it bad that my happiness this week relies on a Japanese baseball player signing with the Cubs, even though I'm pretty sure he'll be like every other Japanese prospect ever outside of Nomo and Ichiro and suck shit?

Otani is going to a west coast team. He's gonna be legit

I even heard he's gonna be too legit and he's going to have trouble quitting.

7ddd4e1f15b7123be5fcc6f6946d51965bcfc796.jpeg

I'll go ahead and predict my random roulette round opponent or tag partner. Has to be Tyrone Blades. That sum bitch always comes around to ruin my plans.

Jeff, I moved the random roulette suggestion into its own thread for you. It's a fun thread that we have done before and I did not want it to get lost in the shuffle here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back