• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZCW Discussion Thread

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=5766261&postcount=170

I left a review of the show. Overall it was above average to solid for me, but felt it had some faults that I addressed. Congrats to all the winners and really everyone for working hard and having a solid round of RPs. I look forward to the chaos and unpredictability of the Roulette Rounds. Who was the fart muncher who decided to not hold them in Vegas though? Whoever did, you suck.

And thanks to everyone who thanked me for the RP feedback. It got a lot more of a positive response than I expected considering how harsh I was at times. I truly hope that it helps you guys out moving forward.

A show feedback! Awesome man, really awesome. I promise everyone I'll untwist my mind in the future, I went a little (A lot) crazy at this PPV and wrote shit that you'd never see in wrestling. Thanks again for the show feedback Yaz.

That spot with Savage was the first thing I thought of when I read it, but I didn't know if I had missed something important or if it was just a throwaway gag. It didn't hurt anything by any means, I just wasn't 100% sure.

Anyway, hope you had a good birthday.

For me it was a character development of Vox for the match. There was that being his silly self. Then the using the opponents finisher as per the other match stipulation to show the mind games he can do. Both on the extremes.

Thank god for the week off.

My grandfather had a heart attack today. As soon as there's room he's going into hospice.

Yeah I got nothing.

I said this in the Discord but I wanted to post it here.

With the disbanding of Vis Imperium and Xander leaving, thus concludes my final run in WZCW, at least my final run for a long time. I want to extend huge thanks to Ty, Dave, Lee, Jeff, Prophet, and everyone who was part of Creative and the Vis Imperium angle. I've wanted to do a manager character in WZCW for a very long time, since before 2014 when TBK and I originally were going to be part of the Pale Riders, and I can say that it lived up to my wildest dreams and more.

I feel now that I've managed to achieve all of my big WZCW dreams outside of maybe a world title or Lottery win, and I'm totally fine with that. I got to help my best friend have a Kingdom Come moment. I finally got to go one-on-one with Ty Burna. I got to develop a character I've held in my heart but never managed to make shine until now. I got to do the bait-and-switch, the "won't fight women" angle, and be part of what some are saying may be one of the best stable angles in WZCW history. I got to go out on an RP I was proud of with a match I loved. And during all that, I even got to have one more small run with Saxton and make a big Lottery return and mentor one of my favorite characters and RPers in Batti!

It's been an honor, guys. It really has been. I feel like I can finally close my own personal book with WZCW. Thank you again, everyone, for everything.

A show feedback! Awesome man, really awesome. I promise everyone I'll untwist my mind in the future, I went a little (A lot) crazy at this PPV and wrote shit that you'd never see in wrestling. Thanks again for the show feedback Yaz.

I try. I know a few times I had to have my own ideas and stuff scaled back and put in check, and I'm not going to pretend that it was fun, but I think in the long run it does help.

I said this in the Discord but I wanted to post it here.

With the disbanding of Vis Imperium and Xander leaving, thus concludes my final run in WZCW, at least my final run for a long time. I want to extend huge thanks to Ty, Dave, Lee, Jeff, Prophet, and everyone who was part of Creative and the Vis Imperium angle. I've wanted to do a manager character in WZCW for a very long time, since before 2014 when TBK and I originally were going to be part of the Pale Riders, and I can say that it lived up to my wildest dreams and more.

I feel now that I've managed to achieve all of my big WZCW dreams outside of maybe a world title or Lottery win, and I'm totally fine with that. I got to help my best friend have a Kingdom Come moment. I finally got to go one-on-one with Ty Burna. I got to develop a character I've held in my heart but never managed to make shine until now. I got to do the bait-and-switch, the "won't fight women" angle, and be part of what some are saying may be one of the best stable angles in WZCW history. I got to go out on an RP I was proud of with a match I loved. And during all that, I even got to have one more small run with Saxton and make a big Lottery return and mentor one of my favorite characters and RPers in Batti!

It's been an honor, guys. It really has been. I feel like I can finally close my own personal book with WZCW. Thank you again, everyone, for everything.

I greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld.

I think the rise and fall of Vis Imperium is probably one of the best executed angles that has happened in the history of WZCW. Like a good heel stable should be, everyone seemed to hate them. People probably thought they got too much time on screen and too many opportunities and that was a real benefit of the story. By the end, people wanted to see the back of the stable and the good guys won. If you're telling me that isn't good story telling, then I'm calling you a liar. And it ended in a perfect way. It honestly had everything. I was stoked to be such a part of it.

Thanks to Yaz for the show feedback this round, that meant a lot. As always, we'll take it on board and try to make a better show as a result. If anyone else cares to feedback any of the show, I'll make sure I rep you and get you some feedback of your own.

And finally, for Doc. Thanks for being a great sport during your last run. I know you weren't too keen to come back but you made it memorable and I can't thank you and TBK enough for that.

STWGyRs.jpg

Not as big as I would have liked but I really like my new tablet case.

I think the rise and fall of Vis Imperium is probably one of the best executed angles that has happened in the history of WZCW. Like a good heel stable should be, everyone seemed to hate them. People probably thought they got too much time on screen and too many opportunities and that was a real benefit of the story. By the end, people wanted to see the back of the stable and the good guys won. If you're telling me that isn't good story telling, then I'm calling you a liar. And it ended in a perfect way. It honestly had everything. I was stoked to be such a part of it.

Thanks to Yaz for the show feedback this round, that meant a lot. As always, we'll take it on board and try to make a better show as a result. If anyone else cares to feedback any of the show, I'll make sure I rep you and get you some feedback of your own.

And finally, for Doc. Thanks for being a great sport during your last run. I know you weren't too keen to come back but you made it memorable and I can't thank you and TBK enough for that.

Been selfish I think the fact a huge heel had to step in too added to it a lot.

Really so many interwoven paths.

V.I story is going to be hard to beat. We only fell one belt short to make the full sweep of titles thanks to Titus.

My high points: Reynolds gets ousted/ Keaton joins.

Cooper takes command / Constantine gets ousted.

Cooper Hall of Fame segment.

Blades gets swerved and disturbingly destroyed.

Keaton says .."Motherfucker it's not all about you." At Unscripted - Should be a t-shirt-

Blades and Titus rid WZCW of V.I and get final revenge against Mr.Banks with the roster looking on.

It was a fun ride and I'm very grateful to have been a part of it.

"Motherfucker, it's not all about you" is directly lifted from Kevin Nash. It's apparently what the Undertaker yelled at Bret Hart when Hart refused to take the Jackknife at In Your House 6 because he didn't want to look like he was going to lose before Undertaker cost Nash the match.

Imagine if I had cashed in when Prophet submitted that shit RP a few rounds ago, and ruined the whole VI payoff. I probably would have been more hated than Roman Reigns the night after he retired the Undertaker.

Again, if the main event of Kingdom Come IX is anything other than World Champ vs. LL Winner vs. Kagura, I'll be shocked.

"Motherfucker, it's not all about you" is directly lifted from Kevin Nash. It's apparently what the Undertaker yelled at Bret Hart when Hart refused to take the Jackknife at In Your House 6 because he didn't want to look like he was going to lose before Undertaker cost Nash the match.

Kevin Nash is just the gift that keeps on giving.

All this talk about 'best angles' makes me really want to do some "Top 5/8/10" lists (or 'podcast') concerning best angles, greatest superstars, amazing matches, etc. Let's see how well this Vis Imperium storyline matches up with some of the other great stories in WZCW.

It is coming off a hot conclusion and was lead by a fighting champ, but give it a year or two to see how it holds up. Not saying it won't still feel good, but there is a reason they make pro athletes wait for five years after their retirement before they can go into the HoF. Gotta see how it stacks up after time has passed.

Possibly, which is why I'd go for a "best WZCW superstars" list first before anything else. The legendary wrestlers are cemented in stone and, unless we get another talent burst through and completely take over, it should be a safe bet to make that list and explain the choices.

This is something I have thought about doing for a while but I could do a new take on the 'best WZCW angles' list and do a story-time version. So, I'd take one of the angles that has played out, re-tell everything in a chronological sequence whilst giving it some emotion (i.e. as a story-teller would say if they were reading a novel) and provide some commentary over it. Should help a lot of the newer guys appreciate some of the older stuff.

Essentially, what I am aiming to do is to catalogue some of the greatest moments in WZCW history and share them with everyone whilst making it easily accessible if someone wanted to go back and read through it all. I could even do this for a Superstar's career, a championship lineage, match lineage, etc.

You are one of the best historians in the fed, so I think you would do a fine job of it if you had the time. Maybe get some input from the guys who handled the characters and you could have a hit.

Getting a top 5 together for 'overall best' is difficult enough really. There's too many who have crafted legacies in different ways that it's hard to split them. If I were pushed into it though, my top 5 would be a mix of Showtime, Titus, Ty, Tastic and Constantine. Not really sure of the order though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back