• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZCW Discussion Thread

Well the funeral went well, saw friends that I haven't seen in close to 5 years, went and had pizza with them while telling stories of our friend that passed. Shame it had to be under those circumstances that my group got to be together again, but it was great seeing them once more.

Well the funeral went well, saw friends that I haven't seen in close to 5 years, went and had pizza with them while telling stories of our friend that passed. Shame it had to be under those circumstances that my group got to be together again, but it was great seeing them once more.

Glad you were still able to have a good time with your friends. Catching up with those you lost contact with can be a good thing, even if tragic events are what bring you back into each other's lives.

I feel sorry for your loss man. I spoke to some of my high school friends today and quite frankly every day for me goes by with me asking if I can ever even go home again. I feel like I never showed my appreciation for them.

I feel sorry for your loss man. I spoke to some of my high school friends today and quite frankly every day for me goes by with me asking if I can ever even go home again. I feel like I never showed my appreciation for them.

I feel for ya man. It must be difficult moving from a place you've known all your life to a completely different area like you've done. I can also say that seeing my friends growing up again for the first time in so long felt like I had something again I hadn't had in forever. I feel bad that I had lost touch with them, but we picked up like 5 years had never passed. I'm going to make an effort to keep in touch this time, because they were friends that would take a bullet for me and vice versa. I have many people I consider acquaintances but very few I consider friends. And to have that entire group again felt very important and special to me. We grew up and away from one another, but that bond is forever.

I was lucky enough to be born in an area where I was born and raised in my hometown, and I live here now and am able to raise my daughter in a small town where she can enjoy the open spaces I enjoyed as a child. It means so much to be able to let my daughter just run outside without me having to be 10 feet away at all times. She can run outside to her playground set that we got for her and swing all day long without worrying if someone is gonna walk up and steal her.

On the opposite, my best friend just moved back from Chicago. It didn't go well for him at all, he was not ready for inner city living and it hurt him tremendously. I'm glad he's home now, and can pick up his life and start fresh. It's really different here, there's a strong sense of community where everyone looks out for one another for the most part.

I now many make fun of my state for the harsh winters and low population, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. This is home to me, and it always will be. Reputation is a big thing around here, and thankfully I've developed a really good reputation for my work on computers. People trust me before ever really talking to me to fix their computers, but I'm the one people contact because of the excellent work I do. It's something my father instilled in me as he's the same way as the best mechanic in town. He prides himself in that reputation, and it's something I strive to be in my field. My dad is a great mechanic, I'm a great IT person/computer repair man. That's the great part of being in a small town, your name is spoken of highly just because of your work and work ethic.

In all reality I'm just a simple Midwestern small town guy. I don't have 20 clubs in my town, I have three bars, but I walk in and every bartender knows my name and what I drink. I don't even have to ask. It's a beautiful thing to be close to a community in that way.

Sorry for the long post, I just had enough drinks to make me feel good, and thoughts are running through my mind due to what went down today.

I get ya. I really do miss the open road. The crude people. The warm weather. This is really different for me.

So many feels.

The first 24 years of my life I lived in a town of 700 people. The town I live in now has 7,000 people. I sometimes feel like I'm meant to be somewhere else, but much like Ty, I'm just a fairly run of the mill small Midwestern town guy. A lot of my high school friends moved to bigger cities, but that always scared me. The people at my local GameStop know me by name, local bartenders know what I drink, and in five minutes I can be at the river fishing, a hobby that surprises a lot of people that I enjoy. I can't imagine having to move around a lot.

Dayum that RP took a lot out of me to write, usually I write it up over a day or two on my iPhone (one day for description, one day for dialogue) and then chuck it in like that, but this time i thought i may as well see what happens when i sit down and smash it out off the top of my head.... I guess I'll see if it worked when the shows are up :p

Notes;
Man, thank god I lost to Constantine last round... I honestly had no idea what the hell i was gonna do with the story if i won the championship....

Also; I hope the RP doesn't break the fourth wall TOO much, I mean, I can explain where I'm going to go with the plot, but that would spoil the fun now wouldn't it?

btw M will be funny again soon I promise ;)

You better have gotten my PM Yaz.

I'm the opposite of you guys. I hate the small town feel. But I live in a much, much more isolated area. It's a village of just less than 200 people. The nearest grocery store is 6KM away, and the only pub nearby is run by some really bad people.

When I was growing up here, I couldn't do anything without getting a lift somewhere from my parents, or my friend's parents. It was more frustrating as a teenager, when I couldn't go out and get drunk and act like an idiot with my friends if it didn't work for my parents' schedules. It really made me resent living in the countryside.

Then I moved to Dublin for college, and I loved it. Everything is nearby, there's so much to do, I don't have to rely on other people to go have an adventure. I could never go back to living in a small town again.

I think it depends on the size of the small town too. I lived in a town of 12,000 or so people for many years. 10,000 of those people came from the local college campus. I enjoyed living there, yet most everyone knew each other especially the adults since they were a minority amongst the thousands of students. But then to go somewhere like, Dallas, it's a massive culture shock at how much there is whether that be people or things to do. I could never live in a huge city. I like small towns, although I don't think I'd like a town as small as Blade's hometown either. It comes down to the size of the small town. Stephenville was just right for me. I'd move back if employment opportunity there presented itself.

I'm the opposite of you guys. I hate the small town feel. But I live in a much, much more isolated area. It's a village of just less than 200 people. The nearest grocery store is 6KM away, and the only pub nearby is run by some really bad people.

When I was growing up here, I couldn't do anything without getting a lift somewhere from my parents, or my friend's parents. It was more frustrating as a teenager, when I couldn't go out and get drunk and act like an idiot with my friends if it didn't work for my parents' schedules. It really made me resent living in the countryside.

Then I moved to Dublin for college, and I loved it. Everything is nearby, there's so much to do, I don't have to rely on other people to go have an adventure. I could never go back to living in a small town again.

This is pretty much how it was for me growing up. Small town in a rural area is balls without a vehicle. If I want to go on a super crazy adventure I still have to drive about an hour to get to an actual big city, but I really do prefer smaller town life.

This is pretty much how it was for me growing up. Small town in a rural area is balls without a vehicle. If I want to go on a super crazy adventure I still have to drive about an hour to get to an actual big city, but I really do prefer smaller town life.

Yeah the nearest "big" city for me is an hour away and that's Bismarck. Since my wife's family is up there we go up there fairly often, in fact I was just there yesterday picking up fireworks for tonight.

Yeah the nearest "big" city for me is an hour away and that's Bismarck. Since my wife's family is up there we go up there fairly often, in fact I was just there yesterday picking up fireworks for tonight.

Any time I ever heard that town's name it always made me think of the Esper from FF6 with the same name.

13-26062011_170945.png

I think my town is probably perfect for me. It's a big enough town where there's been argument of making it a city but it's still got the small town vibe where nearly everybody knows each other and no matter where you live in town you have multiple business's in walking distance which is always nice.

My only compliant is I wish I lived on the other side of town because all my friends that still live in town are on that side along with the bar & grill's.

Today, I've spent a few hours writing my new screenplay, and I've spent the last two hours rewriting a short film script about the legend of Saint Kevin for some European producer. The last thing I want to do right now is write more.

Shit. I haven't started my RP yet.

RP is up (I'm at work tomorrow so it made more sense to do it today). It's another effort I'm rather pleased with, though I should probably have contacted Showtime and Dave about it. Apologies to both of my comrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back