WZCW Discussion Thread

Thank you all for tuning in! I apologize for the technical difficulties. The livestream website was having problems. I hope you all enjoyed it. Every. single. awkward. moment.

Thought i'd take it easy, I was going to pay my gym memberships on friday and start monday. My coach heard I was planning on fighting at the end of june. He told me be here on friday with your cup and mouthguard, no exceptions.

Funkay, the conquest aspect of the RP was more to heighten the inevitability of conquest as opposed to immediate conquest. Daggershield and the guy in my RP's Zaytsev weren't beaten in one RP, and that's what I'm trying to attribute Mortlock too. Hope that clarifies it for you. Thanks for the feedback man.

Cerberus Knocks isn't our team name Funkay.

You can tell I've been out of the loop.

Also what's wrong with Healthiest Man Alive for a fitness freak?

It's a preference thing, but for me nicknames should be short and memorable. "The Healthiest Man Alive" is a bit more of a mouthful and it's not catchy or memorable to me. It makes sense, it's just not my cup of tea.

PPV Update!

Last match is on the way. The day will not end without All or Nothing airing tonight. So stay tuned ladies. It's a-comin'.

PPV Update!

Last match is on the way. The day will not end without All or Nothing airing tonight. So stay tuned ladies. It's a-comin'.

I'm off to sleep now, but pre-emptively marking out for tomorrow...
rosebuds.jpg

or for us guys who are still bitter about that...
9-27-2012+4-47-10+PM.jpg

Just came back from a D&D Campaign where my character was the sole survivor of complete betrayal by all party members. They turned on one another in the middle of a battle. I killed the Boss and his minions by my onesy, and since my alignment was Chaotic Neutral and a pirate, I "killed" them all and kept the loot. There was serious bitch-fitting on one guy's part and instead of just killing the damn guy we rendered what was left of the party unconscious. My guy hops an airship and books it.

What the hell is wrong with people and their behavior when it comes to gaming? Dagger, you notice this kind of shit before? We all came into this particular campaign knowing we were all likely to die, but people still acted like children.

Thought it would be interesting to bring up here in another roleplay.

Just came back from a D&D Campaign where my character was the sole survivor of complete betrayal by all party members. They turned on one another in the middle of a battle. I killed the Boss and his minions by my onesy, and since my alignment was Chaotic Neutral and a pirate, I "killed" them all and kept the loot. There was serious bitch-fitting on one guy's part and instead of just killing the damn guy we rendered what was left of the party unconscious. My guy hops an airship and books it.

What the hell is wrong with people and their behavior when it comes to gaming? Dagger, you notice this kind of shit before? We all came into this particular campaign knowing we were all likely to die, but people still acted like children.

Thought it would be interesting to bring up here in another roleplay.

People take it WAAAAY too seriously. On the other side of the coin, if you get attatched to a character that you have invested a lot of time into being the handler of, it is frustrating when bad things happen to him/her. We all put a ton of time into writing our WZCW characters, so imagine investing that much time into a D&D character and then something awful happens to them. Without your approval.

That said, my DM has had to "ret-con" a few sessions due to fights started by situations similar to the one you just described. I prefer parties working as a cohesive unit and if I ever DM would never allow what you just described to happen. I would probably force a ret-con and ask everyone to refrain from attacking other party members. This is why it's best to not have people straying too far from the good alignment types (or evil, if you have no "good" people in the party) neutral really is the best alignment unless the entire team is chaotic neutral, which results in rather psychotic gameplay.

Oh man...

One time I survived 100+ hours in Minecraft on Hardcore without dying.

Then I accidentally let go of Crouch while building over lava because my kitten leaped onto my shoulder and bit me because she decided she wanted to play.

The horror.

People take it WAAAAY too seriously. On the other side of the coin, if you get attatched to a character that you have invested a lot of time into being the handler of, it is frustrating when bad things happen to him/her. We all put a ton of time into writing our WZCW characters, so imagine investing that much time into a D&D character and then something awful happens to them. Without your approval.

Our session only lasted 3 games. It was the last game of the semester and we were told beforehand we were all going into Hardcore Mode with death a possibility for everyone. Everyone agreed to it and dude that threw a fit watched 3 other guys from our party die, so it wasn't like there was an exemption. Maybe I'm just a dick to fictional characters, but 3 games isn't long enough for me to care about my pirate. Was kinda hoping he'd die but at least put up a fight. Surprised really that he outlasted the group, since I was not a big gamer.

Either way, still made for a badass game I'd go into detail with you, but probably not on here due to you and I are probably the only ones who dig this shit. :p

That said, my DM has had to "ret-con" a few sessions due to fights started by situations similar to the one you just described. I prefer parties working as a cohesive unit and if I ever DM would never allow what you just described to happen. I would probably force a ret-con and ask everyone to refrain from attacking other party members. This is why it's best to not have people straying too far from the good alignment types (or evil, if you have no "good" people in the party) neutral really is the best alignment unless the entire team is chaotic neutral, which results in rather psychotic gameplay.

Truth is, most were Chaotic Neutral now that I think about it. Probably why everything went to shit. But then again the Big Prize at the end of the game would have led to everyone fighting in-game for it anyways. This was going to be a Battle Royale no matter what, and still there was complaint. Next game should be pretty balanced though.

Dagger, funniest moment in gaming to you that wasn't part of the plot/scripted?

In Final Fantasy Tactics I had one of my Ninjas die and he dodged the Phoenix Down I used on him while dead.

Oh man...

One time I survived 100+ hours in Minecraft on Hardcore without dying.

Then I accidentally let go of Crouch while building over lava because my kitten leaped onto my shoulder and bit me because she decided she wanted to play.

The horror.

I've been there. I stopped playing Minecraft for a few weeks because of a similar incident.

I've been there. I stopped playing Minecraft for a few weeks because of a similar incident.

I'm taking a break because of a creeper incident.

I was digging through an abandoned mine shaft and a Creeper just strolled down into the hole I was digging and exploded. The explosion didn't kill me but the opening in the floor it created dropped me into lava.

Dagger, funniest moment in gaming to you that wasn't part of the plot/scripted?

In Final Fantasy Tactics I had one of my Ninjas die and he dodged the Phoenix Down I used on him while dead.

A friend of mine was playing FF6 on the SNES and had just gotten to Atma Weapon on the Floating Continent. The three other party members (do not remember who they were as this was 15+ years ago) had all been knocked unconscious. Shadow was the only one left and he had a really low amount of health points remaining.

My friend decided to try to work a miracle by using the Throw ability to try to kill the boss with his most powerful thrown weapon. He then realized he had a Heal Rod in his inventory. So, he decided to Throw the Heal Rod at himself in an attempt to restore his health to maximum. I knew what the result would be before he even did it, but knew I could not resist seeing the hilarity that followed, so I said nothing and let him go through with it. Sure enough the end result was one of the biggest fits of gamer rage that I have ever seen. He screamed, threw the controller as well as the system across the room and tore down a couple of his posters.

The reason for why this is so funny? The Heal Rod if you attack a party member with it while equipped, it heals them instead of hurting them. That, for whatever reason, does not work when you Throw the Heal Rod at someone. It instead inflicts a ton of damage. Had he Thrown a Ninja Star or one of Cyan's Katanas he probably would have defeated the boss as several rounds had elapsed in the fight by then.

We still speak every now and then today, to this day he still doesn't know that I knew Throwing the Heal Rod at himself would have killed him.

A friend of mine was playing FF6 on the SNES and had just gotten to Atma Weapon on the Floating Continent. The three other party members (do not remember who they were as this was 15+ years ago) had all been knocked unconscious. Shadow was the only one left and he had a really low amount of health points remaining.

My friend decided to try to work a miracle by using the Throw ability to try to kill the boss with his most powerful thrown weapon. He then realized he had a Heal Rod in his inventory. So, he decided to Throw the Heal Rod at himself in an attempt to restore his health to maximum. I knew what the result would be before he even did it, but knew I could not resist seeing the hilarity that followed, so I said nothing and let him go through with it. Sure enough the end result was one of the biggest fits of gamer rage that I have ever seen. He screamed, threw the controller as well as the system across the room and tore down a couple of his posters.

The reason for why this is so funny? The Heal Rod if you attack a party member with it while equipped, it heals them instead of hurting them. That, for whatever reason, does not work when you Throw the Heal Rod at someone. It instead inflicts a ton of damage. Had he Thrown a Ninja Star or one of Cyan's Katanas he probably would have defeated the boss as several rounds had elapsed in the fight by then.

We still speak every now and then today, to this day he still doesn't know that I knew Throwing the Heal Rod at himself would have killed him.

You have earned rep on this day my friend.

What an exceptional show. You had loads of twists and turns, new champions, the changing of the guard and well-written matches to boot.

Have fun with the title Dave, that gauntlet really is arduous ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back