WWE'S BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

WWECena4HOF

Dark Match Jobber
WWE will have an ground breaking announcement Wednesday with WWE Staff HHH ,Stephanie,Vince and legends Cena,HBK,and Austin.If it's the announcement of the logo they already spoiled it with the picture on Raw.Other than that it is the WWE Network or both.Your Thoughts

I really doubt they would have a ground breaking announcement over a logo change.

It's most likely the network and they'll explain all the details of it and everything.

I don't think there's anything else they would be hyping up as being ground breaking.

The network would be a pretty big deal considering how long they've delayed it and everything.

Obviously someone in the WWE staff is pregnant. "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" almost always means pregnancy.

If it ain't a bun in the oven, then it's not at all a "BIG" announcement. It will be a very mundane announcement if they waste our time announcing a network that's been a stagnant idea for the past four years. I don't think anyone cares what their logo looks like, the WWE logo could be a caricature of Stephanie's c-section scar for all we care. If their "BIG" announcement is that their logo looks different, BAD NEWS BARRETT will have his hands full for the next eight years.

If it's not the network, logo or a knocked up employee; my next guess would be that they're announcing some match at Wrestlemania that nobody could give a shit over. Either way, the WWE has a piss poor track record with "BIG" announcements.

It'll just be the network, maybe Shawn and Austin are there to announce they are going to do some tag team hunting show that will air on it, it'll be 10 hours of HBK and Stone Cold sitting in a tree telling old wrestling yarns while waiting for a Moose to shoot.

They Bought TNA. Jeff Jarrett leaves under mysterious circumstances with no time on his no compete clause, and WWE has a "Big Announcement" or the are launching the TV network.

I will be absolutely stunned if it's anything other than the "tv network" that isn't actually going to be on tv. Reports say they're getting close with it. I fully expect that's exactly what this is, to the point where I'm not even excited about this announcement. It's just a minor curiosity that I'll forget about until I check this site on Wednesday and see it in the wrestling news.

Part of me says its the network, other part of me says something else. I say it might not be the network just because no cable / sat companies are on board with it. If they plan on doing an online approach to it only, than it's a waste of time and money. I might be old school, but I don't like watching sports or tv shows on my mobile devices. While I do have tablets, and smart phones I use those for work purposes, and other entertainment (games) not to watch streaming TV that's going to suck down my battery.

I will be absolutely stunned if it's anything other than the "tv network" that isn't actually going to be on tv. Reports say they're getting close with it. I fully expect that's exactly what this is, to the point where I'm not even excited about this announcement. It's just a minor curiosity that I'll forget about until I check this site on Wednesday and see it in the wrestling news.

It's going to be an announcement about the WWE Network, which is a major deal and it's launch will be a massive relief for the company after struggling to start it for so long. I am very interested to see the success of the network, and how WWE will deal with PPVs- are they all inclusive with membership to the network etc?

I hope that it is a huge success for the WWE, and eventually is available to the UK fanbase also, as I would definitely pay a few £ a month to access Attitude Era WWE programming and PPVs, plus WCW/ECW footage if they decide to show that also.

I agree that it's probably concerning the launch of the WWE Network. They've been working for a couple of years to get it all sorted out and it looks like things are coming to fruition. If WWE's stock prices are any indication, which are reported to be worth more than twice what they were at this time last year, there seems to be a lot of confidence built up over the past several months. WWE's finally released genuine, detailed information on the overall set up of the network and people seem to be interested.

I really fail to see what else it could be. The inclusion of the new WWE logo in the graphic hyping the announcement seems to be a pretty good indicator.

It's got to be Bully Ray is gonna wrestle Tommy Dreamer, no diggity doubt.

If it's not the network I'd be surprised. Maybe it's WM related, maybe it's some type of Hogan announcement, maybe SC and HBK are doing a new Tough Enough season. But all probably not. It's probably network related. I will say that 9:30 eastern seems like a weird time.

It's the network.

Also... strange thing about the logo, it's the same logo that WWE used to hype the network up over 2 years ago. I watched the Elimination Chamber 2012 a few nights ago and there's a commercial for the network on there. I thought I was watching the wrong DVD at some point because of the straighter Ws on the logo. Either way... I'm psyched about the network. All the WWE programming via instant streaming is fantastic. If I'm going to have access to the WCW and ECW PPV archive too... I'm going to lose my shit.

It's got to be Bully Ray is gonna wrestle Tommy Dreamer, no diggity doubt.

Yeah. After reading so many of Dixie's pronouncements concerning how some small event in TNA is going to change how we live and function on Planet Earth, I would like to think if WWE is pulling the same tactic, it would have to be something bigger than a new performer entering the company or an important impending match.

As with others in this topic, I can think only the launch of WWE network would be earth-shaking enough to qualify.

Tell you what: if they're going to offer to charge us $10 a month for their expanded programming.....and give us all the PPVs for no extra charge.....I might consider subscribing.

Otherwise, forget it. There's enough pro wrestling on TV already that we get for the price of basic cable.

So, there. We don't even know for sure what the big event is going to be, and I've already weighed in.:shrug:

I think it is a TNA purchase by WWE with Stone Cold running it!

Recent article stated how TNA has no place to tape shows set yet after February.

Combined with their financial troubles and many names leaving, they are very vulnerable.

MY only issue with this statement is that something like that would probably be leaked before the announcement.

It's clearly an announcement that Dixie Carter has been hired to be the head of the Social Media department at World Wrestling Entertainment. The very tone of the hype last night, changing professional wrestling forever, just screams Dixie Carter.

Then again, it may simply be the obvious that pretty much everyone else has already stated, an announcement regarding the WWE Network, which is a big deal from their perspective. Anything else that I could think of, such as as a storyline progression or a returning superstar (even the magnitude of Hulk Hogan or Stone Cold Steve Austin) would likely be included in the show, rather than being a separate announcement.

Not that there is one chance in a million years that this is the case, but can you imagine the reaction on this forum and in the IWC in general if the announcement was that Vince McMahon and the WWE had just purchased the remnants of TNA? Simultaneous brain explosions from a multitude of guys on here and elsewhere. Thankfully we all know that clearly isn't the case. Not sure if that would truly be a "major announcement" anyway.

Part of me says its the network, other part of me says something else. I say it might not be the network just because no cable / sat companies are on board with it. If they plan on doing an online approach to it only, than it's a waste of time and money. I might be old school, but I don't like watching sports or tv shows on my mobile devices. While I do have tablets, and smart phones I use those for work purposes, and other entertainment (games) not to watch streaming TV that's going to suck down my battery.

You do know all those streaming "networks" such as Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and all the others are on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox360, Roku, any wifi enabled tv, and many other internet devices that are all able to watch on your tv in HD. Just because its a "internet" network, doesn't mean its limited to your phone only. You will be able to watch the same way people watch Netflix streaming on their tv in HD, so long as you have decent internet.

All those listed above are called apps. Apps are not just limited to your phone. This would mean as WWE Network being an internet app, you can watch it on your TV in HD, and you can pick and choose anything you want to watch, if it were a tv network your limited to watching what ever they put on tv.

Your all wrong, they are going to announce a new app that will do nothing but shill the current WWE app 24/7 using the voice of Micheal Cole. This app will wake you up all during the night to let you know about WWE app. It will start advertising the WWE app during important meetings. And the beauty of this app, is that you have no choice but download it, it automatically downloads itself onto your platform.

But in all seriousness it probably is about the WWE network and how you will be able to watch it.

Buying TNA in 2014 isn't nearly as BIG as buying ECW or WCW in the 90s, but I am hopeful to see Beer Money in WWE!

Since they've done away with brand distinction completely in recent months that would be interesting, but my guess is Network launch date after Wrestlemania which will feature HBK's Reality Show & SCSA's Reality Show along with NXT finally being aired in the US!

Most definitely going to be the WWE network me thinks. It is no other possible situation it could be.. Its going to be interesting on how the WWE announces this,PPV and such things.. I might check it out for 15 a month you cant beat it for that price if it includes old archives and PPVS outside of the big four!! Not bad

Obviously someone in the WWE staff is pregnant. "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" almost always means pregnancy.

If it ain't a bun in the oven, then it's not at all a "BIG" announcement. It will be a very mundane announcement if they waste our time announcing a network that's been a stagnant idea for the past four years. I don't think anyone cares what their logo looks like, the WWE logo could be a caricature of Stephanie's c-section scar for all we care. If their "BIG" announcement is that their logo looks different, BAD NEWS BARRETT will have his hands full for the next eight years.

If it's not the network, logo or a knocked up employee; my next guess would be that they're announcing some match at Wrestlemania that nobody could give a shit over. Either way, the WWE has a piss poor track record with "BIG" announcements.

Maybe Steph's preggers again (like we care), and maybe it will be a boy this time, making him the heir to the McMahon-Helmsley throne.

Be interesting in 15-18 years time to see the Helmsley children be injected into storylines.

They Bought TNA. Jeff Jarrett leaves under mysterious circumstances with no time on his no compete clause, and WWE has a "Big Announcement" or the are launching the TV network.

nah..it's the network... If WWE ever buys TNA it will never be announced on air..They would just get their tape library and sign one handful of their wrestlers and rename them on nxt.

TNA never gave WWE a run for their money, so to Vince Mcmahon...they're nobody.

yeah..if WWE puts their network available to UK...a year or so from now TNA won't be able to boast on "We beat our competitor in the UK" or whatever Dixie says when she speaks regarding their UK fan base. Although UK fans would still have to subscribe/pay monthly fees...they will be able to watch WWE whenever they want, and not stay up till 2 in the morning to watch Raw on their premium chanel.

Oh I know. I'm an IT Engineer I write apps.

While the PS3 and PS4 has those apps like Netflix and such, it would be easier for me to channel change on my TV instead of during on my PlayStation for an app. Also right now, there are no new apps coming down the pipeline for PS3 / PS4 and XBOX except for a UFC app that is scheduled to come out later this year.

Right now, the only place to watch the WWE network is on a mobile phone or tablet. I haven't seen any updates on apps that concern this, and I hope that they have a deal in place to put it on multiple devices other than phones and tablets. Which leads to a problem, WWE has been hard pushed on the mobile market, no so much the app market other than their own. The mobile market is way different than the app market. For example, Dropbox is an app market type of business, yet it does use the mobile market to communicate and share, but doesn't require massive amounts of bandwidth that other apps do. This is where WWE needs to be with this, because right now streaming the WWE mobile market is going to be a killer for on the go people who can't get Wi-Fi. Also there are a lot of Wi-Fi hot spots like Starbucks that are so busy that their network can't even handle loading a song from iTunes.

WWE is smart to launch a network, on hard lines or private wireless connections. On the go type which seems like they want to be is going to be a fail.

You do know all those streaming "networks" such as Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and all the others are on PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox360, Roku, any wifi enabled tv, and many other internet devices that are all able to watch on your tv in HD. Just because its a "internet" network, doesn't mean its limited to your phone only. You will be able to watch the same way people watch Netflix streaming on their tv in HD, so long as you have decent internet.

All those listed above are called apps. Apps are not just limited to your phone. This would mean as WWE Network being an internet app, you can watch it on your TV in HD, and you can pick and choose anything you want to watch, if it were a tv network your limited to watching what ever they put on tv.

Shane McMahon is going to shuffle onto the Titantron next to Dixie Carter and say "I now own TNA." This will set up a 2nd Invasion angle in which TNA Wrestlers and Knockouts "invade" Raw and SmackDown, randomly job to WWE Superstars and Divas, and it will culminate in an anticlimactic PPV battle pitting Team TNA (led by Shane McMahon) and Team WWE (lead by Triple H) at Survivor Series. Triple H will win and bury his brother-in-law in the match, but not before Shane-O-Mac does a ridiculous spot off the top of the entrance ramp. Meanwhile, Stephanie McMahon and Dixie Carter will end up doing a lesbian angle that leads to a deal with Playboy in which they both appear. And at the end of the day, it will be what's best for business.

The WWE Network? The calm before the swerve. ;)

All the smarks on here make me laugh. 'Oh it will just be about the WWE Network' like they know everything already because Paglino has posted a few pieces on the WZ homepage.

I want to know when its available, where its available, how much it will cost and what programming will be on it. There are lots of unanswered questions about the WWE Network and I for one am excited to hear what they have to say!!!

The most interesting thing is the future of WWE PPV's. If they include the 8 'B PPV's' in the monthly subscription it could be a no brainer.

I think they will include a smaller number of PPV's though. The ones with poorer buy rates like MITB, Payback, Night Of Champions and TLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back