• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Wrestlemania 31 General Discussion thread

Taker vs Lesnar II needs to happen or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LODemolition

Championship Contender
I feel like this is almost guaranteed to happen for a few reasons. First off, this has to happen at some point, so why not with Rollins? There have been so many cash-ins now, that they have to start coming up with more exciting ways to write it into a storyline.

Second, they're not (and shouldn't be) sold on Roman Reigns as the future. When Reigns defeats Lesnar for the title at WM 31, Lesnar will be ordered back into the ring by Heyman to F-5 him and leave him out cold for Rollins. At this point, maybe Rollins becomes a full-fledged Heyman guy since it's very possible that this is Lesnar's final match. WrestleMania almost always ends with a face having a big moment and the fans going home happy, but this will be a rare exception.

Lastly, the feud writes itself. Reigns and Rollins have unfinished business from when Rollins attacked Reigns and Ambrose with a chair this past spring and disbanded The Shield. Reigns also cost Rollins his table match against Cena at TLC. They were scheduled to face off at Night of Champions, but Reigns was hospitalized the very day before. These 2 will headline the next 2 or 3 ppvs after Mania, and it makes perfect sense. When Lesnar leaves, Rollins becomes the top heel in WWE and Reigns will be (if he isn't already) the top face. Reigns will ultimately emerge the victor and hold the title into at least the summer, but not before losing it to Rollins and regaining it at least once. Like I said, they're not sold on him enough to just have him hold it unbeaten for months on end. His look is there, but his in-ring work and promos especially need a lot of work.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I think it could work. You're right, the feud writes itself. However, I'm kinda sick of seeing someone cash in when the Champion is hurt after a match and I'm hoping to see something a little different.

I have been thinking this same thing for ages and it just makes so much sense. Reigns doesn't lose any credibility as it would be a cash in and he also continues his push by getting the rub of being the guy that took down lesnar. The sympathy he would get from fans would help his popularity and in the mean time the belt can get put on a guy who absolutely is ready in my opinion in Seth Rollins.

The resulting feud would also be great. A real reason to fight each other instead of two guys just thrown together for no obvious reason (e.g Ambrose and Wyatt). With Seth being such a great heel it would also help fans get behind reigns more.

It's possible since they have usually finished the MITB angle by now. Normally Rollins would have won the belt by now but Vince and HHH have played the fans. Brock is supposedly leaving after WM and so Reigns gets his title then loses it to Seth and bam, you have a feud. A championship angle without Cena, the sky is falling.

I honestly wouldn't like to see that happening. Actually, I've imagined a whole different scenario:

Recently Seth Rollins has partnered with Heyman/Lesnar. In the Royal Rumble match of Cena/Lesnar, they will battling their guts out, and Rollins will interfere to help Lesnar win. However, when Lesnar is celebrating all banged up, Rollins would hit him with the briefcase and would cash in, immediately applying the Curb Stomp and defeating him to win the championship. Obviously, the outcome of the Rumble match would still see Reigns winning, and WM main event would be Rollins vs. Reigns.

This leaves a field open to find a new opponent for Brock for WM, or even making it a triple threat match between those three.

Greetings from the Dominican Republic.

I honestly wouldn't like to see that happening. Actually, I've imagined a whole different scenario:

Recently Seth Rollins has partnered with Heyman/Lesnar. In the Royal Rumble match of Cena/Lesnar, they will battling their guts out, and Rollins will interfere to help Lesnar win. However, when Lesnar is celebrating all banged up, Rollins would hit him with the briefcase and would cash in, immediately applying the Curb Stomp and defeating him to win the championship. Obviously, the outcome of the Rumble match would still see Reigns winning, and WM main event would be Rollins vs. Reigns.

This leaves a field open to find a new opponent for Brock for WM, or even making it a triple threat match between those three.

Greetings from the Dominican Republic.

So... Rollins double-crosses Brock and Heyman to get the title from him...and then they both move on like nothing ever happened??

What's with all the Rollins cashing in on Brock mania anyway? They are the Top and Second Top Heel in the company right now, aren't they? Why interfere with that at all?

So... Rollins double-crosses Brock and Heyman to get the title from him...and then they both move on like nothing ever happened??

What's with all the Rollins cashing in on Brock mania anyway? They are the Top and Second Top Heel in the company right now, aren't they? Why interfere with that at all?

Remember we still have the Fast Lane PPV in February, in which Brock and Rollins could fight it out... Also, do not discard a triple threat in WM. And last, but not least, would it be the first time you see that a double crossing or feud ends out of nowhere?

Regarding being both heels... that's why they're "heels", they can start a war among them.

Remember we still have the Fast Lane PPV in February, in which Brock and Rollins could fight it out... Also, do not discard a triple threat in WM. And last, but not least, would it be the first time you see that a double crossing or feud ends out of nowhere?

Regarding being both heels... that's why they're "heels", they can start a war among them.

After the handshake between Heyman and Rollins to basically absolve Rollins of his attempted cash-in at NoC...I doubt they'd just end the feud out of nowhere just like that.
Ntm, Rollins will almost certainly have Randy Orton coming after him when he makes his return...thus, I am sure the scenario you are putting forward is highly unlikely to happen given how things are shaping up.

Indeed, they can start a war...but you are talking about 2 of the Biggest Heels starting a programme involving them fighting each other...what exactly is the logic in that, given the presence of Reigns, Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler and Orton as Babyfaces on the roster?? It wouldn't make sense for such a programme to happen at all...

I feel like this will be the main feud throughout the spring.

Then I would guess Reigns and Wyatt in the summer months.

I feel like this will be the main feud throughout the spring.

Then I would guess Reigns and Wyatt in the summer months.

For some strange reason...I'd like to see Wyatt face Ryback and recruit him...and later unleash him on whoever the Champion is...I wonder how such a storyline would play out with Ryback as an insane Monster being controlled vs the Hero with Bray Wyatt in the background pulling the strings of the Ryback. Might be an interesting way to move Bray Wyatt into the Main Event scene,lMO.

Maybe taking Lesnar out of the WM title picture sets him up for the final battle with the deadman. The latest pics of the undertaker makes him look so old that I don't know if he could physically face Brock.

I like that idea for Ryback. It's only a matter of time before the crowd gets bored with him again and loses all interest. His character has shown zero evolution. Same thing, week after week.

I really like the idea and hope it does pan out that way. Let's just hope for those in favor of the idea that the WWE doesn't screw it up or does something completely different. But I also think with a few twists and turns among Reigns, Rollins and Lesnar that a triple threat wouldn't be such a bad idea. Reigns looks much more comfortable in multi-men matches than he does solo. But then again it won't happen as Rollins wouldn't be booked in a triple threat with the briefcase and he definitely wouldn't cash in to be in the main event of WM.

Maybe taking Lesnar out of the WM title picture sets him up for the final battle with the deadman. The latest pics of the undertaker makes him look so old that I don't know if he could physically face Brock.

We saw the same kind of pics of Taker last year. Some hair dye and a tan go a long way. I said it before and I'll say it again. I feel the streak should've been broken by Bray Wyatt. It could've worked wonders for his career. Lesnar was already established and didn't benefit nearly as much as an up and comer could have.

I really like the idea and hope it does pan out that way. Let's just hope for those in favor of the idea that the WWE doesn't screw it up or does something completely different. But I also think with a few twists and turns among Reigns, Rollins and Lesnar that a triple threat wouldn't be such a bad idea. Reigns looks much more comfortable in multi-men matches than he does solo. But then again it won't happen as Rollins wouldn't be booked in a triple threat with the briefcase and he definitely wouldn't cash in to be in the main event of WM.

I'm not completely opposed to a triple threat either, but I really want to see the Orton/Rollins feud culminate at Mania. If there's a triple threat for the title at WM31, I think we can all bet our asses that it'll involve Cena. He beats Lesnar at RR, Lesnar uses his rematch clause at WM, and Reigns wins the Rumble match.

There's a lot of ways this can be booked and I don't think they even have it all figured it out yet. At least it's not as predictable as the road to WM in 2013 with Rock vs Cena II. That was horrible.

I'm not completely opposed to a triple threat either, but I really want to see the Orton/Rollins feud culminate at Mania. If there's a triple threat for the title at WM31, I think we can all bet our asses that it'll involve Cena. He beats Lesnar at RR, Lesnar uses his rematch clause at WM, and Reigns wins the Rumble match.

There's a lot of ways this can be booked and I don't think they even have it all figured it out yet. At least it's not as predictable as the road to WM in 2013 with Rock vs Cena II. That was horrible.

A triple threat involving Cena, Lesnar and Reigns wouldn't be a bad launching pad at all for the latter, especially if it is done at Mania itself in front of loads of casuals. Reigns defeating the Face of the Company and the Guy who Broke the Undefeated Streak would definitely get him over with the Casual Audience in a huge way.

That said; It is correct that nothing is close to being set in stone, however, I am sure after the Royal Rumble, everything will become clear enough as to who goes after who. I, for one, am actually looking forward to the how the entire card shapes up given the amount of talent the WWE has at its disposal. :worship:

I completely forgot about Orton! But to be honest I'm really unsure of how they can hold out till WM for them to finally go at it. Unless they plan for Orton to stay away at least till the Royal Rumble, then it is a possibility regardless of the Fast Lane PPV.

As for Cena possibly being in the triple threat match, he doesn't necessarily have to beat Lesnar at the Rumble for the match at WM to occur. They will find someway to insert him if "the future is to go through him", or just basically getting another shot at Lesnar. Regardless of how they decide to go about it, I absolutely believe the main event should be a triple threat for Reigns' sake. The majority wouldn't want Cena to win and I'm sure not many want Lesnar to still hold a title his barely around to defend. So in the end Reigns would benefit much more from it.

Don't even remind me of WM 29 Cena vs Rock II, it was way too predictable.

As much as I want it to happen so he can legitimately chase the title and have fans show sympathy towards him, I don't think they will do it.

I think they'll let Reigns have his moment. They seem to really want Reigns to be their big star.

I can see it happening and surprised that you can't.

Rollins fought along side Reigns and Ambrose for two years as part of the Shield. He double crossed them when it was beneficial to him to do so. He and Lesnar have no history, so double crossing Lesnar should and would be nothing to the top heel in the company.

In order to be the top heel, Rollins has to show he doesn't care about anyone but himself. And he's done that very well, thank you very much. Letting Lesnar keep the title when he could get his hands on it, doesn't a good heel make. I'm sure they will find a way to have Lesnar try to get it back, but I would rather see Rollins/Reigns at Mania. There is history between the two and they put on good matches together.

I already said in a post about this. Reigns and rollins are look like cena and orton. I was said reigns first reign ends in seconds. When wwe planned reigns vs lesnar at mania. I confirmed it time for cash in at mania.

I can see it happening and surprised that you can't.

Rollins fought along side Reigns and Ambrose for two years as part of the Shield. He double crossed them when it was beneficial to him to do so. He and Lesnar have no history, so double crossing Lesnar should and would be nothing to the top heel in the company.

In order to be the top heel, Rollins has to show he doesn't care about anyone but himself. And he's done that very well, thank you very much. Letting Lesnar keep the title when he could get his hands on it, doesn't a good heel make. I'm sure they will find a way to have Lesnar try to get it back, but I would rather see Rollins/Reigns at Mania. There is history between the two and they put on good matches together.

The point isn't about whether it can happen or not, at all...it is actually about the fact that Brock and Seth are the Current Top Heels in the business, and having them fight each other whilst the Babyfaces(Cena, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose,Ziggler, Bryan possibly) wait on the side in lesser programs makes no sense whatsover, especially in Mania season.

As for Rollins/Reigns, I want both guys to succeed in the coming year and establish themselves, but headlining this upcoming WrestleMania is a bit too early for both guys, I'd rather one or the other with an established guy as their opponent. Just a personal opinion that I'd happily be proved wrong on, if it occured and is successful.

I don't know about all that future booking hoopla you put out there, but I'm feeling you on the notion that Rollins will probably be the first Wrestlemania Money in the Bank Briefcase cash-in for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Cookie-Monster.

He's certainly taking his sweet-ass time cashing that thing in. Unless it's gonna be a swerve for the Royal Rumble, I don't see it happening in any other manner. Can you imagine the fallout if they just have him abruptly cash in during an episode of RAW? No matter what would happen, it would probably cause the gimmick of that briefcase to violently implode. For the sake of the gimmick, they have to make this one happen at a major PPV.

I'm a little fearful that they might do some sort of stupid deal where Seth is allowed to carry the briefcase until someone else earns it thus letting him carry it post-Wrestlemania, or something where Seth and someone else are briefcase holders and one cashes in right after the other. With Cena and Brock hopefully burying the hatchet at the Royal Rumble, the window seems open for Seth to be a decisive part of the Wrestlemania title match.

The point isn't about whether it can happen or not, at all...it is actually about the fact that Brock and Seth are the Current Top Heels in the business, and having them fight each other whilst the Babyfaces(Cena, Orton, Reigns, Ambrose,Ziggler, Bryan possibly) wait on the side in lesser programs makes no sense whatsover, especially in Mania season.

As for Rollins/Reigns, I want both guys to succeed in the coming year and establish themselves, but headlining this upcoming WrestleMania is a bit too early for both guys, I'd rather one or the other with an established guy as their opponent. Just a personal opinion that I'd happily be proved wrong on, if it occured and is successful.

I'm not saying that Lesnar and Rollins have a feud, what I'm saying is Rollins should turn on Lesnar at either the Rumble and cash in the MITB, hereby becoming the WWE champ, heading into Wrestlemania.

Let's face it, Lesnar is leaving after Mania, so whoever he has a match with at the biggest show of the year, you're pretty much guaranteed that the challenger is going to win. How about Rollins and Reigns being that match instead, they you're not guaranteed that Reigns will win. Just cause he wins the Rumble he still has to get through Rollins for the title. Now he has beat him clean in the past, but I don't expect that to happen this time.

It would put one hell of a swerve into this that no one would see coming. Fans would be overjoyed that someone is holding the belt that actually shows up for work each week.

It's just a thought.

I just have to believe they have Rollins cash in at the end of Mania because then their feud for the Championship is set for the next several ppvs. If they're smart, they don't let Reigns win it back right away at Extreme Rules. Let him chase it all the way up until SummerSlam. You can do this and still have Reigns look credible. At Extreme Rules it could be a ladder match, so Reigns doesn't get pinned. At the June PPV (Elimination Chamber or Payback, whatever it is this year), Reigns wins the chamber match if it is indeed Elimination Chamber for another title shot. At MITB, Rollins is screwed by Triple H, Kane, J & J, or all of them (I believe The Authority will eventually be back in charge eventually) when they interfere in a No DQ match. Ambrose could provide back up for him to set up some sort of match where the title wouldn't even have to be on the line at Battleground. I think a main event of Ambrose & Reigns vs. Rollins & Triple H would sell. Or maybe a 1 on 1 between Reigns and Triple H in order to earn one last shot. I'd have it culminate at SummerSlam in a triple threat between all the former members of The Shield for the WWE Championship.

Reigns has a lot of work to do in my opinion. His promos are completely stale. I'd also like to see him unveil a new finisher. The Spear is so played out, it's been used by far too many people at this point. It also just looks weak. I don't look at that and think, "Now that's a believable finisher."

In other words, Rollins is ready and I'm not sure Reigns is. So let Reigns win it from Lesnar, let Rollins cash in immediately after, and when Reigns has improved enough, then he can beat Rollins for it. Until that point, why not let Rollins carry it? He's been pretty impressive this past year and earned for his cash-in to be maybe the most memorable of all-time.

I'm not saying that Lesnar and Rollins have a feud, what I'm saying is Rollins should turn on Lesnar at either the Rumble and cash in the MITB, hereby becoming the WWE champ, heading into Wrestlemania.

Let's face it, Lesnar is leaving after Mania, so whoever he has a match with at the biggest show of the year, you're pretty much guaranteed that the challenger is going to win. How about Rollins and Reigns being that match instead, they you're not guaranteed that Reigns will win. Just cause he wins the Rumble he still has to get through Rollins for the title. Now he has beat him clean in the past, but I don't expect that to happen this time.

It would put one hell of a swerve into this that no one would see coming. Fans would be overjoyed that someone is holding the belt that actually shows up for work each week.

It's just a thought.

While I don't hate that idea at all, I think it would somewhat devalue Reigns' championship win if he beat Rollins for it instead of Lesnar, the man who ended The Undertaker's streak and dominated Cena to win the championship. The whole point of Reigns beating Lesnar for the title is so they can say, "He did what The Undertaker and John Cena couldn't." It makes Reigns look that much stronger.

Not to mention the booking problems that creates. Rollins needs to have a huge match with Orton when he returns and I think that should be saved til Mania, not the Rumble. Also, Lesnar would be owed a rematch, so it would almost have to be Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Lesnar at Mania. And I don't think they go triple threat in the main event again since it was done last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back