WWE Survivor Series - Team Cena VS Team Authority

Sheamus will probably demand his rematch at Survivor Series, so he is out. I feel Cesaro and Ambrose will join the two sides; Cesaro is the type of guy The Authority will be looking for, and Ambrose in one last attempt to get his hands on Rollins somehow, but Wyatt will screw Ambrose again, setting up their match for the next PPV. Wait a second... Roman Reigns! He should be totally fit for a return by then and will be the final guy for Team Cena. With Randy gone, Team Authority lacks that one mega star, so I have a feeling that either Brock Lesnar or Triple-H himself will join in. So the team line-up will look something like-
Team Authority- Seth Rollins, Kane, Cesaro, Mark Henry, Triple-H / Brock Lesnar
Team Cena- John Cena, Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose, Big Show, Roman Reigns (for Dolph Ziggler).

Ambrose v Wyatt has already been set for Survivor Series...

Team Cena........ Cena, Dolph, Big show, Sheamus and Ryback

Team Authority...... Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Henry and Ceasaro

This seems the most logical outcome seeing as tag belts will be on as well as ambrose v wyatt, all the guys named above are feuding atm with ryback and ceasaro adding muscle to their teams

This may sound crazy, but I don't think that Orton will turn face at Survivor Series. The reason why I am saying this is because the face roster is stacked. You have Cena, Ambrose, a returning Daniel Bryan, a returning Roman Reigns and other upper midcard/ midcard guys like Swagger, Big Show, Ziggler as faces. On the heel side, if you take out Orton, you've got Lesnar, Rollins and then what? Kane? Rusev?

So what I'm thinking is that this face turn is a red herring. Orton stays on Team Cena and betrays him as the "mole" in the team. Or he is out injured, does not play a part in the build-up at all, and returns only at Survivor Series. At the event he helps Authority win over Cena, thus remaining heel.

There has been no proper build-up to end the authority as well, in my opinion. Everything has been going their way and you certainly don't expect it to end all of a sudden.

Good shout here, agree that orton could pull a "screwjob"

cant see brock showing up for this PPV unless he the one who influences outcome

With last night's Raw, while it isin't confirmed offically, we can pretty much assume the match will feature:

Team Authority:
Seth Rollins (C)
Kane
Mark Henry
Rusev
Luke Harper (not confirmed but based on Raw seems to be the case)

vs

Team Cena:
John Cena (C)
Dolph Ziggler
Big Show
Sheamus
Ryback (not confirmed, but with Ryback attacking The Authority seems to make sense)

If that's the match it seems to be a pretty balanced one. I really can't see The Authority losing since we are so close to WrestleMania XXXI so it seems the faces on Team Cena would have to endure a little more tough times before finally beating The Authority at Mania. Another reason why I see The Authority winning is because I can't imagine Rusev getting pinned. I think Rusev and Rollins will be the survivors for The Authority and they will last eliminate Cena.

So we are looking at Rollins, Henry, Kane, Rusev and Harper vs Cena, Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus and Ryback. I can live with that. There is some good talent in there and the mix between past, present and future is quite nice.

I'm curious to see where Orton ends up. If he is at Survivor Series, that is. Maybe one of team Cena gets injured and he is a late replacement. Maybe he watches at ringside during the match.

One thing that is notable: there are a few guys that probably shouldn't be pinned. Rusev is obvious and top of the list. Then Rollins. I doubt Cena gets pinned clean. Harper and Ryback too. That's half the match which doesn't even include the current Intercontinental Champion. Of course these guys can lose but it should be done in a smart way especially with Rusev and Rollins.

Maybe Rusev walks out our gets himself disqualified. Maybe Orton costs Rollins the match. It is definitely interesting to see how this plays out. Right now, I'll say Team Cena will win. It feels like a good time to get a break from The Authority even though I do think they are wonderful at what they do. They can return at some point but a few months off is probably a good idea.

My Guess on order of elimination:

Kane: I would expect a authority guy to get eliminated first to immediately build up the suspense of them losing the match since they are the ones with something on the line and losing one of The Authority's own.

Big Show and Ryback: Not sure about the order but I would then expect The Authority to take the lead and these are the guys on Team Cena that are most expendible.

Mark Henry: It would the be time to tie things up and Henry is the obvious choice.

Sheamus: Authority take the lead and leave Team Cena down to there main two guy of Cena and Ziggler.

Luke Harper: This is about as best as I can protect him as I don't see three guys from The Authority surviving.

Dolph Ziggler: With the sides squared away at 2 all, this is a big elimination as Ziggler would probably be attacked by the recently eliminated Harper to set up this elimination as well as their feud.

John Cena: Down 2-1, Cena will no doubt be in it alone for awhile and even look like he will overcome, but the numbers should get to him. What a statement it would be for Rusev to make him tap to win it for The Authority.

Pretty sure we will see Ryback join 'Team Cena'. I dont think Ziggler will make it to Survivor Series just like Swagger hasn't which see's 1 space left....

That space will probably be Randy Orton as it is in St Louis. If Orton doesn't make the show then Batista would be a perfect addition as he has heat towards The Authority. Failing that, not sure where he is at with his injury but Roman Reigns could return.

As for the Authority, surely Triple H fighting for the team makes sense? Surely he would like to have his own destiny in his own hands - or is WWE logic failing us again.

Rollins, Kane, Henry, Rusev, Harper/Triple H.
vs
Cena, Sheamus, Show, Ryback, Orton/Batista.

Pretty sure we will see Ryback join 'Team Cena'. I dont think Ziggler will make it to Survivor Series just like Swagger hasn't which see's 1 space left....

That space will probably be Randy Orton as it is in St Louis. If Orton doesn't make the show then Batista would be a perfect addition as he has heat towards The Authority. Failing that, not sure where he is at with his injury but Roman Reigns could return.

As for the Authority, surely Triple H fighting for the team makes sense? Surely he would like to have his own destiny in his own hands - or is WWE logic failing us again.

Rollins, Kane, Henry, Rusev, Harper/Triple H.
vs
Cena, Sheamus, Show, Ryback, Orton/Batista.

This.

I think that seems logical, especially given the segment with Trips and Stephanie watching over the Vince recaps in their office and then pondering their futures,etc.

Next week has to see HHH joining Team Authority, or at least I assume he has to play some major part at Survivor Series to "Save His Career amongst other stuff."

Team Cena........ Cena, Dolph, Big show, Sheamus and Ryback

Team Authority...... Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Henry and Ceasaro

This seems the most logical outcome seeing as tag belts will be on as well as ambrose v wyatt, all the guys named above are feuding atm with ryback and ceasaro adding muscle to their teams

:lmao: called team cena, was bloody close with team authority, liking Luke harper insted of ceasaro, something different and gets Harper main event experience.

Gonna be brave here and make a big call....... Dolph Ziggler to screw team Cena, have him and cena left with Rollins and dolph hit zig zag on cena, one curb stomp later and authority win they have their two golden boys with MITB and IC title, have all this happen after Orton appears and batters HHH.

This could be an epic swerve, given survivors series tradition of screw jobs and wwe treatment of Dolph, having Dolph join them is a great twist and makes Cena look like a dumbshit for recruiting him in first place

Luke Harper was a great surprise. I didn't see it coming. Hopefully they have him go after the IC title, they seem to limit Ziggler's competitors since Miz is gone and Cesaro isn't a legit threat to take away the title from him.

I think the rosters as mentioned above are pretty good.

Not going to predict order of elimination, but my feeling for the ending is this:

Authority is about to lose when Triple H reveals an "on the spot new rule" that he is a member of the team and gets involved. Just when it looks like Authority is going to win, out of nowhere comes Orton who RKO's Triple H or Rollins (whomever is left from the Authority) and helps Cena get the win.

Further storyline building would be that with new people "in charge" Randy's assistance would allow him to finally get the championship rematch he's been asking for since last WrestleMania.

The real question is the order of elimination.

The authority will probably lose Kane and Mark Henry first, while Team Cena's first defeats will be Sheamus and Big Show...These guys all feel like padding.

But the rest are difficult. I'm guessing Harper and Ziggler will be taken out via DQ, or perhaps Ziggler will get a surprise pin and Harper will retaliate by taking Ziggler out. It will be strange because Ziggler has become a focus in this angle, so having him be removed while be very unsatisfying on a story level. But Harper needs a win if he's going to have a credible singles push.

Ryback also can't afford to be taken out through conventional methods for the same reason Rusev can't be defeated normally. Rusev likely will abandon the authority based on Steph's bullying of Lana. But how can Ryback be taken out without actually losing? Cena presumably will be the last man standing against Rollins, but Cena also doesn't need the victory like Ziggler and Ryback do. Yet if he lost, then the feud will go right down the toilet because it was written around him. Maybe Cena, Ziggler and Ryback will all be standing when they conquer the authority. That seems like a cop-out, but it would be the safest way to go.

I see this all being part of the Wyatt plan...

It's "random" on the surface but it really isn't. A year ago they were dismantling Kane and saying they were going to "take the machine down from the inside", they drag Kane away and then he's corporate?... now Harper is a "team player?" it's too much of a coincidence that both Kane and Harper are gonna be on the team that could "bring down the machine" so to speak in terms of the Authority. Imagine a shock scenario where they are the "final two" on the team against Cena and simply walk out... or take Triple H down THEN walk out while Bray then laughs... it could be the reset the WWE needs with it "plunged into chaos" which was always Wyatt's plan...and chaos would perhaps draw Sting or Taker (or both) back...

Of course if they don't go this way then I still see Cena winning...

It's "random" on the surface but it really isn't. A year ago they were dismantling Kane and saying they were going to "take the machine down from the inside", they drag Kane away and then he's corporate?... now Harper is a "team player?" it's too much of a coincidence that both Kane and Harper are gonna be on the team that could "bring down the machine" so to speak in terms of the Authority. Imagine a shock scenario where they are the "final two" on the team against Cena and simply walk out... or take Triple H down THEN walk out while Bray then laughs... it could be the reset the WWE needs with it "plunged into chaos" which was always Wyatt's plan...and chaos would perhaps draw Sting or Taker (or both) back...

How I wish. I love angles like these, because they affect everything, top to bottom of the card. Sadly, WWE hasn't had an angle that changes the status quo since the Original McMahon/Helmsley Regime (which even then, was only affecting everything because they projected Steph and H's faces on the titantrons all night).

If WWE dropped it's shows in a state of chaos with only a vague sense of authority, it would look like a completely different show for each character. That's why I think they wouldn't do it.

That seems like quite a story line, and one that could go a long way in getting fans back into this product. But don't forget you are talking about it coming from a bunch of writers, who in the past few months have acted like they couldn't find water if they fell out of a boat in the middle of the Atlantic.

It would be great but will it happen, probably not.

On topic, I don't know who's going to win really. If the Authority goes, as much as they are a pain the in the arse, the show needs a leader. If they win then they will be unbearable. So yea not really looking forward to any of this.

Such a storyline made sense before given Bray Wyatt's character and its potential...and it still can be done now.

That said; Does the WWE have enough patience and 'creativity' to do such a brilliant storyline for the long haul which would give the Authority storyline a more blanket feel to it(different layers involving different Top Stars), with perhaps, Bray Wyatt becoming sort of a new Leader of Huge Ministry of Darkness storyline that can take proper shape post-Mania 31?

I doubt it. If it could happen, I'll wait till I see it unfolding to believe it. Until then, Bray Wyatt's character will continue to be grossly misused and that is a huge pity...

So new Wyatt Family authority with Bray, Ambrose, Harper and Kane as members. Not sure how likely it is but I'd watch the hell out of that.

More to the point the crucial "ingredient" is the fans... they are all part of the "Wyatt Family" already so it makes a lot of sense... Bray's master plan comes to fruition and he is the new Taker level heel... there is no "It's me Austin" moment from Vince or Trips... this time it's Bray... and you curse yourself for thinking..."they never think that far ahead anymore..."... not sure Ambrose is in the equation but Bray, Harper, Kane is a strong unit... Rowan can be the new George Steele on the outside, he was "let go" cos he was weak for women in Bray's eyes...
Bray's promo could be "First I took the devil...cos the devil is in the details... then I took the Universe... then I took your hero... DBry... now I have made anarchy beautiful... and you all wanted me to do it..."
If they don't do it... they have REALLLY lost their last chance at something exciting and fresh...

If they don't do it... they have REALLLY lost their last chance at something exciting and fresh...

Which probably means they won't do it. If they do I'll be stunned, and finally a surprise from creative. I won't hold my breath though, I don't think they have the guts to do it, it would throw so many other storylines out the window.

Holy shit, some of these predictions are way out there.

This is simple, really. Authority looks like they're going to win because of a heel turn swerve by someone, probably Ziggler. If not Ziggler then Orton joins team Cena and swerves on Cena. However, expect Cena to still win, HHH and Steph refuse to step down, leading to a Vince v. HHH power struggle.

Orton is more than likely going to replace whoever gets taken out backstage at the pay per view. Looking like Dolph all things considered. Team Authority probably jumps him during an interview and teases Cena all night until the match. When it's 5 on 4 Orton's music will hit and the place will lose their minds. I don't expect The Authority to lose and it's pretty sad how predictable it is that they wont because WWE just can't let them end. That and Triple H needs his 15-20 minute talking segment every week. We can't cut that right?

I am thinking after RAW's end with H going through the table, he announces at the start of Survivor Series he's in the match.... that Cena made it personal, he's fighting for his livelihood, and it's 6 on 5...

which then leads to the final scenario being either 2 on 1 (rollins/H vs. Cena) or just H vs Cena and BAM out comes Orton....

I am thinking after RAW's end with H going through the table, he announces at the start of Survivor Series he's in the match.... that Cena made it personal, he's fighting for his livelihood, and it's 6 on 5...

which then leads to the final scenario being either 2 on 1 (rollins/H vs. Cena) or just H vs Cena and BAM out comes Orton....

Never understood why he didn't take a spot on the team himself. With his speech last night about wrestling meaning everything to him, it would have been natural that he take matters into his own hands to ensure a win. That being said, I do expect him to get involved somehow, and do expect Orton to show up to put a stop to it.

Now that Cena has his team together, it's hard to predict the winner really, if you're looking at just the players. Both teams has strong candidates, and it will be the outside shenanigans that will probably determine who wins and who loses.

.... and do expect Orton to show up to put a stop to it.

It would be surprising and disappointing if he didn't......which includes if he shows up at the PPV and his involvement has nothing to do with the Authority-Cena stuff. He needs to appear at the proper moment during the Authority clash to put an exclamation point on who opposes who from now until WM31.

That said, I enjoyed the final segment of last night's show. I wasn't even thinking about Orton when Cesaro came out, seemingly to join Cena's team. While everyone on the squad was staring at Cesaro, wondering what in hell he was doing, I was thinking that his "basic losing" program had reached a climax; he was engaging in a face turn that would finally end whatever punishment WWE management has been handing him....and starting him toward better days. Instead, he hops over to the Authority team.....but the swerve was exciting.

Then, just when I expected Sheamus to show up, Ryback arrives. No, it wasn't terribly far off what we might have figured, but they did it so well that I wasn't even thinking of Ryback until he came out.

The entire segment was well done....and I never expected the boss to be put through a table; it seemed to accent how very much is at stake in Survivor Series.

Given there are only four matches on the card; maybe they do add more guys. Cesaro and Sheamus could be there. I like the idea of Triple H being involved, thus making it a handicap match only for Orton to come down or just Orton and Cesaro cancelling each other out.

I'm pretty certain team Cena wins this. It's time for a break from The Authority (even a short one) and for them to try something new. I like both teams and they have got the balance of each spot on. The Rowan surprise was excellent.

At this stage, it's pretty obvious that either Cena or Rollins will be sole survivor. As I've said, I'm guessing that team Cena wins after Orton hits Rollins with an RKO. This match should be good regardless of outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back