WWE Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
We already know that Brock Lesnar and Goldberg will be competing in the match. This is ultimately being done as a means of generating interest in the novelty of seeing these two in the match and whether you're into the program or not, it'll almost certainly work out the way WWE wants it to.

Neither guy has much of a chance of winning as this match is mostly a prelude to setting up a rematch for them at WrestleMania XXXIII. One may well eliminate the other one with said other one, out of frustration, re-entering the ring to eliminate his arch rival, thereby, possibly, leading to some big brawl between them at ringside.

As to who actually wins the Rumble, it seems fairly open this year though there are some favorites. John Cena is a favorite as many expect him to win, challenge AJ Styles at WrestleMania and ultimately capture his 16th World Championship. Another name that's gotten some speculation is the debut of Samoa Joe in which he's one of the surprise entrants; he wins the match and challenges Styles for the WWE Championship for WrestleMania or he winds up coming after Kevin Owens and the Universal Championship. Another potential favorite is the Undertaker in which he also challenges Styles for the WWE Championship.

At any rate, I think there's been more interest in this RR match than in the past few years, at least among a lot of internet fans, as Roman Reigns doesn't appear to be occupying as prominent of a spot as he has in previous years.

Cena would be my first choice. It just makes sense to me. So Cass or some other dude will be a needless winner.

Samoa Joe winning? No chance. But I think he'll make an appearance.

I can see Cena winning if they aren't doing Taker vs Cena at Mania. Unless they go forward with AJ vs Taker at the Rumble and Taker beats him. I would be happy either way with AJ vs Cena or Taker vs Cena. Both are interesting stories.

If not Cena, then I'm not sure who would walk out with the win. A returning Finn Balor perhaps, but that might be too much too soon. There's Jericho too as I think they have played it up in the past that this has basically been the one thing that has evaded him in his career and the story is set for him choosing Owens as the champion to face.

I'll go with Cena as the first choice and Jericho as the distant second.

I do not see Cena winning.

I just think that it's wholly unnecessary for any reason. With him being gone on and off right now, I don't think it's a good time for him to win the Rumble and challenge for a title. Especially AJ's.

Cena doesn't need a title in a Rumble-to-Mania feud.

If Cena is going to be a part-timer for the time being, then I would like to think they'll keep the title off of him. Otherwise, what's the point? It would be exactly like putting the strap on the Rock a few years ago just so he could hand it to Cena. That was meaningless, stupid, and sucked ALL of the life out of CM Punk's record reign. It did not need to happen, and neither does this. When Cena does tie Flair, it needs to be a big, big deal in a big, big feud not just a thrown-together here-you-go-buddy deal.

Jericho, maybe, to take a crack at KO or Joe to take a crack at AJ. A returning Finn Balor? I don't know. I don't know who it will be, but I feel pretty confident that it won't be Cena. I think the company knows that he's got some goodwill right now for putting over AJ...I'm also inclined to think the company doesn't give a rat's ass about that.

It might be fun to see something completely out of left field for once.

Hm Cena could be a choice but I'm not sure with his part time schedule. However, what I could see if they go with Cena... then they also should have Taker beat AJ Styles for the strap at the Rumble, and Taker goes into WM as champion, with Cena challenging him to do what so far "only Brock Lesnar" has done - which is beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania - but even Brock didn't do it for the championship. So that way Cena's 16th win would indeed be HUGE, and it would be a fitting farewell to Undertaker, if he goes out on his back at Mania, against THE top guy, in his last match. That is, if he decides to hang it up now, of course.

But as the old school guy Taker is, I don't see him winning his last match, so I would assume in a scenario like this, he would most likely drop the belt to whoever is the challenger.

Other favorites: I'd also mention Jericho, as Jericho vs Owens would be quite cool to see at WM, and it would also finally mean a Rumble victory for him.

But more realistically, they will most likely go with one of the younger guys who are on the cusp of main eventing, and could need that additional boost. Heck, even a guy like Braun Strowman could be an outside favorite here.

And unless they want to do HHH/Rollins at WM, Rollins also would be a candidate in my opinion.

In any case, with the Lesnar/Goldberg feud expected to continue in the Rumble match, and two world titles being available now, the Rumble at least seems to benefit from the brand split, as it opens up the scope of "realistic contenders" a bit compared to previous years.

Strowman interferes setting up Reigns vs Strowman for US title at Wrestlemania. Wish they would give Reigns title and then to Strowman win Rumble but kinda see Cena winning and dethroning AJ at Mania. Like this just see interference finish again setting up Reigns- Strowman and Jericho- KO for Mania. Rollins will be busy with HHH. Reason I would like Reigns is that I am kinda tired of all KO interferences. Started title reign with HHH giving him title, continued with Jericho helping him defend it and now because Strowman would probably help him do it. Makes him incompetent transitional Champ who is only there because other more impotrtant people are doing something else. So either give him clean win so he can look somewhat deserving or just strap him off it.

I think it's between the following four as to who wins the Rumble match. It's pretty obvious Goldberg and Lesnar aren't winning.

Chris Jericho
I think this is the only thing left for Jericho to do to ironically complete a list of achievements in WWE. I think the obvious answer as to why he'd win would be to face Owens but my curveball would be he gets the option to choose and he goes up against Undertaker who defeats Styles for the belt earlier on.

The Miz
I think turn Styles face and Miz automatically becomes the top heel in WWE. If Slammy Awards is a thing this year, Miz reastically should be winning superstar of the year. The seeds for this match were sort of planted during a Miz TV segment a couple of weeks ago.

John Cena
I've loved how WWE has booked Cena for the past year and a bit. Away from the world title scene and showing us he truly does deserve to be voiced amongst the greats with his in ring ability being more of the focus as of late. However it's just a matter of time before he's got that 16th a world title. It's either against Styles or Undertaker. Cena is my favourite to win.

Braun Strowman
This is depending on if Reigns defeats Owens which is extremely possible. Strowman is actually quite good but a match against Reigns would be a boo fest in Orlando. I guarantee this at the moment is what vince is going with. I guarantee!

In my opinion, it all depend on what going to happen with the wwe championship match at the rumble. If they are doing the rumored taker vs aj styles then I can see cena winning this, same thing goes if cena face styles, taker wins the rumble. Outside of that, I really don't see who could win this since everybody seem to be already booked for a match a mania.

Rollins, is already book with hhh, jericho could win it but I read that vince don't want to go that way because jericho isn't under contract and he a per apparence deal and they are not sure if jericho is staying until mania. The rumor is that aj is getting joe at mania so I doubt that that match will be for the title. Orton is going to be against wyatt and everybody else except for ambrose is wouldn't make sense.

So It between the four part time guys in my opinion, cena, taker, lesnar or goldberg.

We already know that Brock Lesnar and Goldberg will be competing in the match. This is ultimately being done as a means of generating interest in the novelty of seeing these two in the match and whether you're into the program or not, it'll almost certainly work out the way WWE wants it to.

Neither guy has much of a chance of winning as this match is mostly a prelude to setting up a rematch for them at WrestleMania XXXIII. One may well eliminate the other one with said other one, out of frustration, re-entering the ring to eliminate his arch rival, thereby, possibly, leading to some big brawl between them at ringside.

As to who actually wins the Rumble, it seems fairly open this year though there are some favorites. John Cena is a favorite as many expect him to win, challenge AJ Styles at WrestleMania and ultimately capture his 16th World Championship. Another name that's gotten some speculation is the debut of Samoa Joe in which he's one of the surprise entrants; he wins the match and challenges Styles for the WWE Championship for WrestleMania or he winds up coming after Kevin Owens and the Universal Championship. Another potential favorite is the Undertaker in which he also challenges Styles for the WWE Championship.

At any rate, I think there's been more interest in this RR match than in the past few years, at least among a lot of internet fans, as Roman Reigns doesn't appear to be occupying as prominent of a spot as he has in previous years.

Yeah, this RR match is not predictable for once. I could argue Cena, Taker or Strowman could win this match.

I do not see Cena winning.

I just think that it's wholly unnecessary for any reason. With him being gone on and off right now, I don't think it's a good time for him to win the Rumble and challenge for a title. Especially AJ's.

Cena doesn't need a title in a Rumble-to-Mania feud.

If Cena is going to be a part-timer for the time being, then I would like to think they'll keep the title off of him. Otherwise, what's the point? It would be exactly like putting the strap on the Rock a few years ago just so he could hand it to Cena. That was meaningless, stupid, and sucked ALL of the life out of CM Punk's record reign. It did not need to happen, and neither does this. When Cena does tie Flair, it needs to be a big, big deal in a big, big feud not just a thrown-together here-you-go-buddy deal.

Jericho, maybe, to take a crack at KO or Joe to take a crack at AJ. A returning Finn Balor? I don't know. I don't know who it will be, but I feel pretty confident that it won't be Cena. I think the company knows that he's got some goodwill right now for putting over AJ...I'm also inclined to think the company doesn't give a rat's ass about that.

It might be fun to see something completely out of left field for once.

WWE would do something short term like that. Thankfully WWE's roster is better than it was in 2013 so it won't be such a drop off like it was in 2013 when the part timers left.

I just won't be surprised if Cena wins the RR match then beats Taker for the title, just to drop the title at the next SD PPV.

kinda of just realise somthing, we know that wwe seems to like screwing up the rumble in the last few years so why not do it again this year and do the same thing they did at the last rumble and give the win to HHH. Then at the next PPV you give the universal championship to seth rollins and you get the lame set up for the HHH Rollins match.

If the rumors are true and wwe as lost faith in doing goldberg vs lesnar at mania. I could see goldberg winning the rumble and go on to mania to face the winner of the reigns vs owens match which I'm thinking will be reigns.

At this point, I think goldberg is still the biggest star they have on the roster and I think fans would love to see him go for one more title run before he retires. With the fact that he might not get inducted this year in the hall of fame. Why not give him the rumble win and one of the main event at mania.

Part of me thinks that Finn Balor might win.

Even if he's not 100%, he could enter at number 28-30 and be protected in the ring. He's the wrestler who would most benefit from the win in the long run, and it'll cause a fair bit of a shock I'd imagine.

I thought I had read that RR would be too soon for Balor, and even WM might be a stretch but is his aim. If he can't make the RR I would expect them to keep Finn for an appearance on the Raw after WM, get the huge reaction for him coming to face the champ.

As far as the RR winner goes, most people have mentioned the main contenders and I doubt a rank outsider will win it, but I would throw a name in as a possible winner.........Baron Corbin. He's still a 25/1 shot but company seems pretty high on him, so why not!!

Goldberg

Jericho

Undertaker

Shit just got real. I think the Deadman will get this win and face Cena at Wrestlemania. It makes sense story-wise since Undertaker needs to win the Rumble if he wants to continue his journey.

But still, this is one of the most exciting Rumbles. Every year, since 2009 we knew who was going to win in some capacity.

If Jericho keeps the US Title until Royal Rumble, I think that it ends his possibility of winning the Royal Rumble.

So it's probably between The Undertaker, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Braun Strowman. I don't think that Braun will win but he could get a big feud for Wrestlemania.

That leaves us with Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and John Cena.

Balor shouldn't win if he isn't 100%.

If Jericho keeps the US Title until Royal Rumble, I think that it ends his possibility of winning the Royal Rumble.

So it's probably between The Undertaker, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Braun Strowman. I don't think that Braun will win but he could get a big feud for Wrestlemania.

That leaves us with Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and John Cena.

Balor shouldn't win if he isn't 100%.

Is Cena an entrant? That would stink. Not that Cena can't come in at thirty after losing to AJ and pick up a win. The Rumble is hardly a real match but man that would feel like a huge slap to the rest of the roster.

That being said this Rumble is stacked. Unfortunately it is stacked with guys like UT, Lesnar, and Goldberg who may struggle to really entertain. Hopefully all three will go all out or at least go through the motions to give us the feels.

In the end I could see Rollins winning and facing Roman for the Universal in a "main" event as kind of a shocker. Maybe Goldberg wins to face Roman. But who knows, while WWE has done a great job throwing a lot of weight in to the event they've done a horrible job making me care who wins.

Dunno why, but can only see Undertaker or Strowman winning. They teased Goldberg vs Roman but that kinda lefts Lesnar without a match. HHH could cost Rollins a match to set that up so he isnt viable option, although heard that they are pretty high on Rollins/Balor(if Balor even comes back and if that they are both faces now dont interupt them) so they might go with that but then all mighty HHH has nothing to do. Reigns, Cena and AJ are all busy with title spots. Jericho is interesting option but you can set Owens/Jericho without Rumble Jericho win. Plus he has "sexy pinata" thing that same night.

Only problem I see with Strowman that he is too green to have mainevent Mania spot. So green that we even dont know that he can work 20 minute single match. Though dont think WWE bothers themselves with that. Problem with Undertaker is that he allready won Rumble and that his Mania match doesnt really need title. But still, those two are best candidates for now.

Strowman won't win the Rumble yet. He may have a dominating performance, but eventually be eliminated by someone like Rollins or Reigns or something.

I don't think it will be Undertaker, Goldberg or Lesnar.

My pick is The Miz. Let him weasel his way into a win. Be out of the ring most of the time before coming in an tossing Rollins over the top rope to win it after a distraction from Triple H. I think the Royal Rumble needs to have a winner that will really build a match for Wrestlemania. Miz vs AJ Styles I think is the best bet for the WWE Championship match. You'll still have Undertaker vs John Cena, Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar and Triple H vs Seth Rollins on the card.

How about this for an outside shot - Sami Zayn

Would be an ultimate feelgood underdog story. Who wouldn't want to see another Zayn-Owens match but this time for the title? Or Finn Balor could return after the rumble and find a way to insert himself into the picture and make it a triple threat. Or Zayn could even move to Smackdown (after being "disrespected" by Steph and Foley) and challenge AJ Styles instead. So many possibilities and it's not totally far-fetched

I could see Stowman, Lesnar, and Goldberg eliminating each other, then Undertaker coming out at #30 and wins. To make things really interesting, they could have Cena win controversally, teasing a heel turn. He could come out and do a staredown with Taker. Perhaps a triple threat being Cena vs Styles vs Taker at Mania.

I guess they could always drop the stipulation because it hasn't been mentioned all that much, especially recently but unlike in years past, doesn't the winner HAVE TO challenge for their brand's World Championship? I know I read a little while back somewhere that that was going to be a thing. (I guess unless you're The Undertaker)

I only see two viable winners, Strowman and Undertaker. I had Jericho on the list too but not anymore after this past Monday's RAW. Regardless of who wins I have both Undertaker and Strowman challenging for the World Championships at WrestleMania... but I'm really torn as to who I want to actually win it.

I could see Stowman, Lesnar, and Goldberg eliminating each other, then Undertaker coming out at #30 and wins. To make things really interesting, they could have Cena win controversally, teasing a heel turn. He could come out and do a staredown with Taker. Perhaps a triple threat being Cena vs Styles vs Taker at Mania.
I agree with this.Face Cena will never beat Taker, "out of respect", everyone know this. Styles deserve to be in the main event and get a strong showcase.

As for Strowman - the guy was pushed so hard, he is above US title, but way too green and doesn't draw enough to get World title.Give him Andre the Giant award, let him use it as a championship and give him strong enough opponents, so his character can grow.

I don't want to see Goldberg winning the Rumble and doubt and hope the WWE doesn't go in that direction. Goldberg is probably not capable of going more than 5 mins in his match at Mania. So keep him away from the title with that in mind. Him and Lesnar makes sense to blow off their feud.

I'd love it if the WWE swerved us and gave us a shocking rumble winner but I don't see it. I think the only 3 legit people to win it are Taker, Strowman, or possibly Corbin.

Taker winning this would be a complete joke. Guy wrestles a couple times a year for this entire decade. I get that he still has value for a big wrestlemania match, but my goodness. They weren't letting Ric Flair win rumbles in the 2000s. Or HBK. It wasn't even a thought. No old guy part timer Rumble winners.

Stroman. Corbin. Figure out how to build a new monster correctly for once please. Even Jericho would be fine as he's at least been around, having an incredible year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back