WWE Royal Rumble 2012 - Aftermath & General Discussion

Who do you think will win the rumble?

• Sheamus

• Cody Rhodes

• Randy orton

• Other, be specific if you post a reply

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Punk should win it! establishing himself as a big time player, putting him in a match for the title. I was hoping it would be him V del rio with del rio still champ but looks like they may feud before that. So, maybe the returning Jericho? or a triple threat with jericho and ADR. but its impossible to say right now, the RR is months away so we dont know who will be fueding or holding titles. and as for WM, all the matches revolve around who Taker fights!

Although Sheamus is a solid pick to win the Royal Rumble, I can't understand why Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton follow him on the poll. I think they both have a combined 2% chance of winning and I voted other on the poll because I think they're going to play it safe by giving someone who's already over the RR win. Therefore, I think CM Punk has the best chance to win the 2012 Rumble, he was my pick last year and although he had a good showing he didn't get the nod so I definitely see him winning this year now that he is undisputedly one of the top guys in the WWE.

My views on a few of the candidates to win the Royal Rumble 2012

Cody Rhodes - I like his progression he has made in recent times and he maybe ready to get the big World title match at Wrestlemania but I would much rather see him defend his IC title or lose it between the Rumble and Mania and this big his big rematch.

Wade Barrett - Would like to see him higher up the card but somehow I don't see it happening in six months time so he would be a No! from me right now.

Randy Orton - I don't mind seeing multi time winnners of the Rumble match just as long as it is worth it. I felt his win was very predictable at the time but then again that can't be his fault. I like it that he is now feuding with Rhodes and hopefully that can be kept going for a few months just below the title picture and maybe feature both in this Scramble match at Survivor Series that maybe happening. Winning the Rumble could be his booking of a ticket to get his revenge on the monster Mark Henry.

Sheamus - Enjoying his run as a face and believe he is doing a better job on the roster than when he first came in, he is much improved (mind you he was working with Cena from the real off...). The Rumble win would add to his achievements thus far.

CM Punk - The one wrestler who I want to see win the Rumble more than any other. It appears he is still in with Miz/Truth/Nash/HHH for the time being below the Alberto/Cena title feud. Going on the rising profile in the previous 12 months he would fit the build come next Jan. Would like to see him face a rebuild Miz on the big stage in the last match before Rock/Cena. All in all my top RAW to win it.

My view on the Bryan situation come Wrestlemania. For me I would either like to see the WM10 picture with us knowing who gets the second shot of the night after an earlier title match. Could have Bryan open up the show against someone who could of nearly won MITB or the Rumble and is jealous of him getting the title opportunity ala Bret/Owen. Or maybe a Triple Threat between Mark Henry (World Heavyweight Champion), Randy Orton (Royal Rumble Winner) and Daniel Bryan(MITB title shot holder) with Henry as a heel, Orton as the face and Bryan as a tweener who hasn't like being out of the spotlight since winning MITB and the fact that Orton is the liked wrestler by the management and goes against what Bryan represents.

I really really think that it's CM Punk's time. They've spent a large portion of the year elevating him to "third guy" status, up there with Cena and Orton as the top faces of the company.

CM Punk is farthest behind in terms of accolades out of these three and I feel that WWE will try to capitalise on Punk as much as possible in the coming months. If he's not in a title match @ Mania he's gonna be on the upper card much like this year. All summer he's been in the highest-profile angles. I think this needs to pay off with a Rumble win.

Last Year's Royal Rumble was historic, not only did a superstar who'd just arrived in WWE win the prestigious main event but the Rumble featured an amazing 40 men all vying for the opportunity to main event WrestleMania. So Alberto Del Rio came out on top in the end deciding to face Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Mania. But who will it be this year? And why should we all be more pumped up for this year's event than ever before?

Knowing that John Cena will not be winning the Rumble

Ok ok, so basically I know how much hate Cena gets from us fans and usually WWE go for Cena to win any major event but the interesting thing is that Cena won't be featuring in this year's Rumble, unless Rock calls off their main event at Mania. Royal Rumble will not be ending with that same old Cena taunt and pyro, it will be DIFFERENT!

The possibilities of returning superstars

All year round us fans wait in anticipation for that one guy who has taken a year off to give us a shocking return and that usually takes place at the Royal Rumble. Funnily enough returning superstars always seem to walk away with the victory and heading into the main event of WrestleMania. 2008, John Cena walked out to a massive crowd of cheers with his gay jersey on and walked out with no jersey on but with a main event at WrestleMania only to choose to face Orton at No Way Out. 2010 was the return of The Rated R Superstar Edge, who won by throwing out his arch rival Chris Jericho who would then go on to win the World Title and defend it successfully against Edge at Mania. So who will return this year? Could it be Chris Jericho making his way down the ramp and finally winning the Royal Rumble? Could it be the all-powerful Batista punching his way to Mania? Or could it even be a shocking legends return for the likes of Stone Cold so that he gets his Mania match with Punk? We'll have to wait and see.

40 men = More oppurtunity

Indeed it does. With 40 superstars allocated to spots in the Rumble it gives superstars who have never really been given that shot at shining on the big stage the chance of exposure. The likes of Mason Ryan, Brodus Clay, Hunico and hell even Sin Cara could all do with the experiance.

Predicting the winner

Nothing is funner about a Wrestling event than predicting it. So here's me going out on a limb here and predicting the winner of the 2012 Royal Rumble and also its fun because you get 40 guys to choose from. Right now i'd probably have to go for a returning Chris Jericho as I believe Punk will be carrying the title to Mania from TLC. I feel Jericho might return and challenge Punk. Best in the World vs. The Best in the World at what he does.

The minor negative

The only poor thing about the Rumble is its uninspiring build-up. Last year we saw Nexus and Corre colliding and this year I feel we will see a similar snorefest to build-up intrigue such as Christian, Barrett, Rhodes, Miz and Truth/ Orton, Sheamus, Sin Cara, AirBoom.

So are you more excited about the Royal Rumble? I know I am!

You're right this will be an interesting Rumble especially with all the rumors floating around out there.

I do think Jericho for sure will come back in the Royal Rumble match. Whether or not he wins it is anyone's guess. There's a good chance he will win it. I think either him or Sheamus, fella.

I've posted this before but I'll bring it up again. While the idea of Jericho winning the Rumble and facing Punk is intriguing I could see an angle where Jericho wins the Rumble and says that instead of facing either of the Champions at WM he wants to do something bigger than that. He wants to cash in his Rumble win/championship opportunity for a chance to end The Streak at Wrestlemania. A guy like Jericho could totally sell that. He could say that he's won the championships before (including the undisputed title) and that he's the best in the world at what he does so the last thing left for him is a shot at wrestling immortality.

Last Year's Royal Rumble was historic, not only did a superstar who'd just arrived in WWE win the prestigious main event but the Rumble featured an amazing 40 men all vying for the opportunity to main event WrestleMania. So Alberto Del Rio came out on top in the end deciding to face Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship at Mania. But who will it be this year? And why should we all be more pumped up for this year's event than ever before?

Knowing that John Cena will not be winning the Rumble

Ok ok, so basically I know how much hate Cena gets from us fans and usually WWE go for Cena to win any major event but the interesting thing is that Cena won't be featuring in this year's Rumble, unless Rock calls off their main event at Mania. Royal Rumble will not be ending with that same old Cena taunt and pyro, it will be DIFFERENT!

The possibilities of returning superstars

All year round us fans wait in anticipation for that one guy who has taken a year off to give us a shocking return and that usually takes place at the Royal Rumble. Funnily enough returning superstars always seem to walk away with the victory and heading into the main event of WrestleMania. 2008, John Cena walked out to a massive crowd of cheers with his gay jersey on and walked out with no jersey on but with a main event at WrestleMania only to choose to face Orton at No Way Out. 2010 was the return of The Rated R Superstar Edge, who won by throwing out his arch rival Chris Jericho who would then go on to win the World Title and defend it successfully against Edge at Mania. So who will return this year? Could it be Chris Jericho making his way down the ramp and finally winning the Royal Rumble? Could it be the all-powerful Batista punching his way to Mania? Or could it even be a shocking legends return for the likes of Stone Cold so that he gets his Mania match with Punk? We'll have to wait and see.

40 men = More oppurtunity

Indeed it does. With 40 superstars allocated to spots in the Rumble it gives superstars who have never really been given that shot at shining on the big stage the chance of exposure. The likes of Mason Ryan, Brodus Clay, Hunico and hell even Sin Cara could all do with the experiance.

Predicting the winner

Nothing is funner about a Wrestling event than predicting it. So here's me going out on a limb here and predicting the winner of the 2012 Royal Rumble and also its fun because you get 40 guys to choose from. Right now i'd probably have to go for a returning Chris Jericho as I believe Punk will be carrying the title to Mania from TLC. I feel Jericho might return and challenge Punk. Best in the World vs. The Best in the World at what he does.

The minor negative

The only poor thing about the Rumble is its uninspiring build-up. Last year we saw Nexus and Corre colliding and this year I feel we will see a similar snorefest to build-up intrigue such as Christian, Barrett, Rhodes, Miz and Truth/ Orton, Sheamus, Sin Cara, AirBoom.

So are you more excited about the Royal Rumble? I know I am!

40 men equal more opportunity? REALLY ? REALLY?

Sorry but about 70% of the 40 competitors are a bunch of nobody, ham n eggers with no chance to even survive in the last four. Guys like brodus clay and mason ryan and those other midcarders/ low carders are not gonna win. BANK ON THAT. Theres no excitement.

I rather have a 30 men than a 40 men any year.

Sorry but about 70% of the 40 competitors are a bunch of nobody, ham n eggers with no chance to even survive in the last four. Guys like brodus clay and mason ryan and those other midcarders/ low carders are not gonna win. BANK ON THAT. Theres no excitement.

I did not mean they have a possibility of winning, I meant that they get a chance to perform at a major PPV. And also my comment about Cena is that every PPV ends with him coming out triumphant, this will be different as we won't see him doing his usual parade with the WWE Title or celebrating a major victory (For those wondering what my different comment was about).

I would love to see Chris Jericho win the royal rumble but lets be real, it most likely will be randy orton. If you guys haven't noticed they keep shoving him down our throats. Smackdown had what a 50 man rumble a month ago and randy orton won it without breaking a sweat. Even when mark henry beat him, orton came back at the end and chase him away with a chair. I hate Randy Orton almost as much as I hate Triple H who could decide to wrestle full time again and win it too but, it wont be a shocker when orton wins it.

Can this thread be closed for stupidity?

The first thing you talk about is Cena not winning. He's won the Rumble ONCE. I'd be more concerned about Steve Austin if I were you, he might win it for a fourth time! What a fucking horror that would be. So what if Cena won it again? He obviously won't, it's been made a bit obvious anyways.

Also, 30 men in a Royal Rumble is a million times better than 40. They use 40 simply for the fact that more men get airtime. I don't want to see people who I know won't win the Rumble make up an extra 10 men. I hope that the WWE realise that 40 wasn't actually that interesting and they go back to 30 next year.

Also, your thread title is wrong. You're looking forward to "THIS YEARS" Rumble, that was 11 months ago? Nice. You mean next year.

I actually think that Punk will win the Rumble next year. Jericho should win the Title, then have Punk fight him for it. Simply because we saw Jericho successfully defend one year against Edge, so he'd be able to believe that he could beat Punk as well. I much prefer Punk chasing the Title as well.

Anyways, that's my 10 cents.

The first thing you talk about is Cena not winning. He's won the Rumble ONCE. I'd be more concerned about Steve Austin if I were you, he might win it for a third time! What a fucking horror that would be. So what if Cena won it again? He obviously won't, it's been made a bit obvious anyways.

Also, 30 men in a Royal Rumble is a million times better than 40. They use 40 simply for the fact that more men get airtime. I don't want to see people who I know won't win the Rumble make up an extra 10 men. I hope that the WWE realise that 40 wasn't actually that interesting and they go back to 30 next year.

Also, your thread title is wrong. You're looking forward to "THIS YEARS" Rumble, that was 11 months ago? Nice. You mean next year.

I actually think that Punk will win the Rumble next year. Jericho should win the Title, then have Punk fight him for it. Simply because we saw Jericho successfully defend one year against Edge, so he'd be able to believe that he could beat Punk as well. I much prefer Punk chasing the Title as well.

Stone cold has already won it THREE times (1997, 1998 and 2001) It would be the fourth if he were to ever win one again.

Personally, I think Sheamus will win it. He's been on a roll lately and it wouldn't be unrealistic to have him win it. Although the idea of Punk also would be good.

I'd be more concerned about Steve Austin if I were you, he might win it for a third time!

He's already won it 3 times brotha. ;)

Aside from all this foolishness about John Cena, I agree that this year's is going to be awesome and I am looking forward to it very much. I'll probably end up actually ordering this one because unless Jericho returns prior to the event I will not risk the possibility of missing him win. Now you know what my hope is, I know it's not very likely and if he's going to face Taker then this is not the path he will take but as A diehard Jerichoholic I want him to have a Royal Rumble win on his resume.

Having 40 superstars to me is not that big of a deal, there is more oppertunity for other guys to come in but odds are they'll be insignificant superstars who aren't doing shit and have no chance of winning. What I always look forward to most with a Rumble is returning superstars, when Rob Van Dam and Hacksaw Jim Duggan came back for the 09 Royal Rumble I almost shit myself, and when Booker T and Nash came back last year I was screaming with excitement like a teenage girl.

Aside from wanting to see Jericho win just as a fan, realistically I would want Sheamus to win it and I think that he will. It's gonna be a great Royal Rumble and I am definitely very excited about it.

I just hope the WWE goes back to 30 superstars this year. Last year's 40 Man experiment was an interesting one but it just didnt work for me.

I felt that 40 superstars was too long and the momentum of the match started to decrease once the 31st superstar entered. There's just too long of a period between important points in the rumble that by the time Del Rio win it felt flat. With 30 men things felt mroe smoothly and faster especially when the match transitions.

Personally, i think Skip Sheffield will return at the Rumble and win it. They will build him up with vignetts going into the rumble then at the Rumble he wins. That way he can receive a monster push and automatically become a main event talent.

ummm those "ham and eggers" do sometimes make it to the final competetors in the rumble, do you not remember santino was the final person to be eliminated in it this year? The final two were Santino and Del Rio and Del Rio was only around for 6 months or so when the rumble happened at that point when he won it, so he wasnt as established as the big name people (who werent in the final two!) I personally like seeing the 40 in the rumble, because even with 40 I can recall there being at least 6 or 8 people on the roster that were not in the rumble, people like trent baretta and curt hawkins were not in the rumble and the RR is the one PPV that I believe every superstar should get at least a couple minutes of exposure in, so why not make it 50 men in it, that way every single person on the roster can be in it since we wont see most of those other people on TV the rest of the year.

The first thing you talk about is Cena not winning. He's won the Rumble ONCE. I'd be more concerned about Steve Austin if I were you, he might win it for a fourth time! What a fucking horror that would be. So what if Cena won it again? He obviously won't, it's been made a bit obvious anyways.

WOW man so harsh:banghead:

Anyway regardless of my dislike for him, he does make a few good points but that lets back to the topic.
-------------------------------------------------

I actually think that the longer a rumble match is the better it has the potential to be. 40 men means an hour's (over an hour to be exact) worth of great action as opposed to 30 men that means only 40 minutes or slightly more time of enjoyment. I do not care if it's a bunch of nobodies at least I get to see some action! The winner I predict will be Sheamus (though I want it to be someone surprising not named Chris Jericho).

Anyway thats my 3 cents;)

I have high hopes for 2012 Royal Rumble. I think it will be the 25th anniversary of the event, 24th time on PPV. I believe Jericho will return at around # 35, and win by eliminating Orton with a code breaker and a wicked close line. I see C.M. Punk winning at TLC and becoming Champ going into the Rumble. I see him facing Cena for the Gold with THE ROCK as guest REF. I see Rock DQ. Cena after some unintentional interference with the ROCK. I see Henry defending the WHC. against Sheamus, after Sheamus winning a 40 man #1 contendar battle royal on Smackdown. I see Henry holding on to the title til Mania. I think this Royal Rumble has much potential to be one of the best of all time.

i think that either cody rhodes or sheamus will win the rumble and have a triple threat match at wrestlemania between the winner daniel bryan and the world heavyweight champ

i hope they scratch the whole 40 man thing. its just to many guys and you have to reuse guys from earlier who got title matches. Id like to see them go with the 30 man someone in every 2 minutes.
have punk/del rio in a title match. neither in teh rumble
henry/show/kane or whoever in a title match.
tag title match
divas match
maybe have a match where the winner gets #30 and the loser gets #1 spots in the rumble.
but the thiing about the rumble is theres so many obvious guys who arent going to win. but this year we have Rhodes, Orton, Sheamus, Miz, Truth, HHH?, Nash?, Show, Kane, Booker?, Jericho?, Barrett, ziggler, Morrison?, Bryan, and a few others.
The ? mark guys are because idk if theyll be around, wrestling or returning...

We know the winner wont be main eventing the show so this also opens up opportunity to those guys who might not usually get the win because they might not be viewed as a real main eventer yet.

Another thing i really would like to see is some actual build up. They never build it up anymore besides maybe a weak over teh top rope challenge the raw before the ppv. Id like to see some qualifying matches for some of the younger talents. Id even like to see a ten man tag featuring guys from teh rumble with it ending with all guys hitting their finishers on one another with one guy standing up on top, seemingly giving him teh advantage come rumble time. The Rumble should be the main event of teh PPV and should be featured in main event time on raw and SD. id like to go into it feeling like a few different guys really have a shot at winning.

I just thought of this as a side note...
Punk talked about how he should be main eventing WM not rock/cena. What if he convinces Bryan to cash in on him at WM to out due the Rock/Cena match. We know the two of them could put on a hell of a match. Have it almost be like they wanna prove that they should be main eventing and have them put on a "slobberknocker" ha. Just thought it would be an interesting storyline and would lead to a fantastic match.

I love the Rumble, Its my favorite PPV, always has been. But...

At 40 men, that means that Both Smackdown and Raw are gonna have 20 stars each in the Rumble. Minus the two champions and usually if tradition stands, minus their opponents.

Sounds great in theory, but can you name 20 Smackdown Superstars? Oh and you can't use mark Henry or whoever he's facing (speculation i know). Hard right? How about Raw now? Not easy but possible. Remember the no confidence vote a few weeks back. Take away the Divas and the Refs. Were there really 40 people out there?

So maybe I'm wrong and they do 15 each.... Its still not a killer lineup unless they bring a few people back. Which as of now nobody is confirmed for.

The Rock and Cena have their WM card full, so that means that they're gonna be involved in a match that night to keep them busy. No way Vince is gonna have a major PPV going into WM and not have some buildup on the card. But since it cant be a one on one they're gonna use up another star or two that might take them out of the Rumble match itself.

We know Daniel Bryant can't win so he's out. I mean he could but... why?

So your telling me that if nobody gets signed at the last minute, I'm going to watch Christian, Orton, Sheamus, Henry, Miz, Truth, Punk, Del Rio, Big Show and Ziggler (minus which ever two are current champions) and 32 mid card or lower stars going at it for over an hour? Fun.

Remember all the stars they have brought back over the years to fill in rumble time? Tatanka, Golddust, Scotty 2 Hotty, Jim Duggan, Jimmy Snuka. Yeah, I never thought I'd look forward to Kane so much.

(And I declare Tyson Kidd the new Cousin Luke, I'm calling him being eliminated in under ten seconds)

Id love this scenario to take place. Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble to go along with his money in the bank briefcase. He cashes in his briefcase against the Smackdown champ whoever it is at Elimination chamber and picks up that title. Then he chooses to face WWE champ CM PUNK at Mania to unify the titles! I know it will never happen but i like having one world title. Plus i think Punk/Bryan can put on one HELL of a Wrestlemania match. Imagine an ironman match between these two...it could be one of the best main events ever if they pull it off well

I'm not sure if I dig the 40 man rumble, it's too much IMO, makes the match too much of a clusterfuck. I'd be going back to the 30 man royal rumble definately.

In regards to your points, obviously the Cena point is null and void as other's have mentioned his only won it one time.

The winner; Randy Orton.

I'm suprised that nobody else has selected Orton as yet. Orton would become the first guy of the modern era to win more then one rumble.

It looks to me as if Orton will headline smackdown's main event, he pretty much has too as the top guy on Smackdown. Daniel Bryan has stated that he will cash in the contract at mania.

So seemingly your looking at Orton vs Bryan. My guess would be that Sheamus and Henry have a program, Orton uses his rumble victory at NWO// Elimination Chamber (whichever is before mania next year) and wins with an assist from Sheamus.

Sheamus// Henry happens at Wrestlemania, and Bryan-Orton happens for the title.

I got no problems with a 40 man royal rumble. The more, the merrier right? But I am not as hyped as the past royal rumbles. But I'm looking forward to it because unexpected superstars might come back such as Y2J.
I just thought of this as a side note...
Punk talked about how he should be main eventing WM not rock/cena. What if he convinces Bryan to cash in on him at WM to out due the Rock/Cena match. We know the two of them could put on a hell of a match. Have it almost be like they wanna prove that they should be main eventing and have them put on a "slobberknocker" ha. Just thought it would be an interesting storyline and would lead to a fantastic match.
not gonna happen since the color of DB's briefcase is blue.

[1] Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk would never out due Rock vs Cena. Rock vs Cena is the third of a trilogy, Andre vs Hulk, Hulk vs Rock. You can look back and say that Steamboat & Macho Man had a better match than Andre & Hulk but it isn't a defining moment of the sport.

I love when superstars return for the Rumble. Last year Diesel & Booker T were great. RVD, Goldust, Mr. Perfect all made good comebacks in previous rumbles.

I hope Sean Waltman shows up as The 1 2 3 Kid.

I can see maybe Kane winning it to face Henry at Mania.

not gonna happen since the color of DB's briefcase is blue.

Exactly... And D Bryan has said that he is cashing in at Wrestlemania, therefore shouldn't the Rumble winner seemingly be going to face Bryan and possibly the champion as well??

I'm really confident that the rumble winner will cash in at Elimination Chamber and face Bryan at Wrestlemania, and I think that the person in the main event of Wrestlemania has traditionally been Smackdown's # 1.

Therefore it's going to be Orton... Either Orton win's the rumble, or Orton is the champ going into mania, and I think Orton will be both of those via this method.

Personally, I'd much prefer that Punk faced Bryan, I think it'd be epic. I'd also love to see Ziggler win the rumble and face Randy Orton at Mania. I think he's ready for it, and I think Ziggler/Orton gel extremely well together in matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back