• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE No Way Out 2012: CM Punk (c) VS Daniel Bryan VS Kane [WWE Championship]

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
On Smackdown, John Laurinaitis confirmed that the WWE Championship match at No Way Out will be a triple threat match. CM Punk will defend against fellow "internet darling" Daniel Bryan and the big red monster, Kane. Your opinions on this match?

Personally, I think this 3-Way feud is awesome. Kane's been on a roll feuding with two big names recently in Cena and Orton, and now he's put back into the WWE title picture with credibility to his name. He's also been the perfect mesh of balance between Punk and Daniel Bryan. Meanwhile, the Punk & Bryan side is amazing because they're not just great inside the ring, but also because of the brilliant work AJ alone has been able to do.

I really think that this match can be the start of another Summer of Punk, which I wouldn't be opposed to. He puts on great matches and is the door way for letting in guys to the main event that otherwise wouldn't be there.

On Smackdown, John Laurinaitis confirmed that the WWE Championship match at No Way Out will be a triple threat match. CM Punk will defend against fellow "internet darling" Daniel Bryan and the big red monster, Kane. Your opinions on this match?

Personally, I think this 3-Way feud is awesome. Kane's been on a roll feuding with two big names recently in Cena and Orton, and now he's put back into the WWE title picture with credibility to his name. He's also been the perfect mesh of balance between Punk and Daniel Bryan. Meanwhile, the Punk & Bryan side is amazing because they're not just great inside the ring, but also because of the brilliant work AJ alone has been able to do.

I really think that this match can be the start of another Summer of Punk, which I wouldn't be opposed to. He puts on great matches and is the door way for letting in guys to the main event that otherwise wouldn't be there.

The addition of kane adds no value to this match but only dminishes the bryan and punk feud. The feud has always been and supposed to be about bryan and punk, so why is kane involved? i guess creative has nothing in store for kane, just like big show when tensai was originally the guy to feud with cena.

If you refer "summer of punk" similar to the accomplish he achieved last year then you are going to be dissapointed. Having an irrelevant guy like kane into the mix adds no benefits to cm punk nor bryan. Plus taking into account of the rumour match cm punk might be in (against big show), punk is going down the pecking order given cena's match is always the "main event" and lesnar vs hhh going to be the main feud.

The addition of kane adds no value to this match but only dminishes the bryan and punk feud.
While I feel Kane doesn't have a shot to win the WWE Title in this match, I have to disagree that he adds no value and diminishes the program between Punk and Bryan. Kane is an experienced big man who knows how to work. It should be interesting to see how Bryan and Punk handle Kane and his style that greatly contrasts their styles. Also, Kane's involvement adds a new element or a wild card to this feud, if you will. This "wild card", plus AJ who is another wild card, makes the outcome of this upcoming match unpredictable and no doubt will be exciting to watch unfold.

so why is kane involved?
Kane was being used as a pawn in the feud between Bryan/Punk and Kane wasn't happy about it. Combine that with the fact that Big Johnny frequently uses wrestlers like Kane to punish wrestlers he sees fit, like Punk. Simple as that. Also, Kane has had a pretty good year helping put over WWE's top faces in Cena, Orton, and now Punk looks like he is next.

If adding Kane is just a way to extend the Bryan/Punk Rivalry a little longer than I am fine with that. I think the dynamic here is ok, Bryan or Punk could win at No Way Out by beating Kane but their one-on-one rivalry could go on the account that the title was not decided in a one-on-one bout. There we can probably see a series of matches from a wide range of stipulations maybe capping off to an epic Ladder Match at Summer Slam.

bringing kane into the feud, has turned the story-line into a 2 man ego trip for punk and Bryan. What the booking team done was a smart move, they made punk and Bryan into egotistic maniacs, thinking they could use anyone to score points against each-other, and not face the conciseness for their actions.

What I also loved is? punk and Bryan have come across, has 2 guys playing with an Ouija board for weeks to get at eachother, they thought it was fun at first, but has they got deeper and deeper using the board, their fun playing games, turned out to be playing games with a demon, and they got more than they bargained for, and it is no longer fun. And this week on SD, their plan has backfired. The faces of both punk and Bryan says it all, even AJ looked worried, knowing that punk and Bryan have summoned a demon into their business, and now punk and Bryan have more than themselves to worry about.

If adding Kane is just a way to extend the Bryan/Punk Rivalry a little longer than I am fine with that. I think the dynamic here is ok, Bryan or Punk could win at No Way Out by beating Kane but their one-on-one rivalry could go on the account that the title was not decided in a one-on-one bout. There we can probably see a series of matches from a wide range of stipulations maybe capping off to an epic Ladder Match at Summer Slam.

I see Punk pinning Bryan, with AJ costing Bryan the match, kane is in the feud to keep the punk Bryan feud alive, as there is only so many times they can use punk and Bryan one on one. It is pretty obvious the match will be down to punk and Bryan, with kane been put through the table by punk and Bryan so both men fight, as the match will have a controversial finish. Has I cannot see them pinning kane

I think this is awesome! While like anyone I would have liked to see a iron man/submission match from Punk and Bryan solo, adding Kane is awesome! He is relevant again and I like it! This is BY FAR the best match so far for No Way Out!

And as much as some people still want Bryan and Punk and some reports say Big Show will challenge Punk at Summerslam, I would like to see Kane build a great, longer feud to a stipulation match with CM Punk for the WWE title at Summerslam!

Just as it has been discussed on CSR and other articles on this site, this adding kane and AJ to the mix has really brought about mostly positive feedback from the internet fans. Why? Well the reason being that this is what we have all been asking for, for some time.

We want the old style of booking a match, where layers are added to already a hot feud to make it that extra spicy and to keep the audience at the edge of their seats. This could have gone so wrong but it hasn't and damn, kane and AJ both have to take credit for that. AJ is still relatively new but she is doing an awesome job and kane is an experienced campaigner so he knows exactly how to handle himself in this feud. I love how kane got drawn into this though. Something that we don't see very often, kane being protrayed as a pawn for two other guys.

And man, he looks in top shape for a guy who is in his mid 40s. Dare I say it, better shape than the undertaker has been. If the booking is done correctly, we will either see kane vs punk or kane vs DB in the near future. Or maybe even better, if the writers book the way they use to, we may see another layer being added to this feud and another person will be introduced to the mix setting up a number of posibilities for each of the 4 men involved down the line.

All in all, this triple threat match at no way out is easily the most anticipated match I'm looking forward too. I know that we have a few more weeks until the PPV but as of this moment the rest of the forcasted matches for the PPV look quite weak in comparison to this feud. I'm not saying that a match like Sheamus and Del Rio will be crap, all I'm saying is that on paper, this triple threat match looks the most promising in terms of the future for all 3 wrestlers.

Not only is this Kane bullshit terrible, but Summerslam is tentatively Big Show Vs. Punk!?

Are you serious?

Can we get rid of this bum already. Who cares. Seriously. Big Show has been a damn waste of time since he left WCW. I'm tired of this guy being everywhere just by size.

Dude's corny. I wanna see Punk WRESTLE!

Not only is this Kane bullshit terrible, but Summerslam is tentatively Big Show Vs. Punk!?

Are you serious?

Can we get rid of this bum already. Who cares. Seriously. Big Show has been a damn waste of time since he left WCW. I'm tired of this guy being everywhere just by size.

Dude's corny. I wanna see Punk WRESTLE!

While I don't want to see Punk face Big Show, I'd rather much less see Punk defend the title against Big Show.

But I don't know what you're talking about as far as wanting to see Punk wrestle. It's what he's been doing. For the past year his opponents have mostly consisted of John Cena (Money in the Bank, Summerslam), Alberto Del Rio (Survivor Series), Chris Jericho (Wrestlemania, Extreme Rules), and now Daniel Bryan (Over the Limit) and they've all been very good "wrestling" matches.

Adding Kane and AJ has made a Punk/Bryan feud much more unpredictable and as we saw on Smackdown!, Kane can certainly go out and have a solid style wrestling match with CM Punk.

He's been wrestling. One night against Big Show doesn't ruin that and it's not even confirmed. I'd hate to see it, sure. But it's a rumor and they change every day. Also, Big Show is not on topic here... it's about what's happening NOW, not what MIGHT happen 2 months from now.

I'm sure this will be a sweet match. I'd like Kane to win but its obvious that he will not. maybe it will be a double submission finish a la Jericho Benoit Austin or a double pin to maintain both guys and say there was no true winner or they both are winners but Punk keeps the title

Kane winning would be awesome and a nice final send off, but I think that Punk will end up being the winner of this one, unfortunately. I see AJ giving him the hand once more before turning on him, with him managing to "overcome the odds" and take out the two men, retaining his wwe title.

I would like to see Bryan have Punk in the YES! lock and make him tap out, but due to the referee being distracted by AJ/knocked out somehow, it doesn't get noticed.

Kane comes back and deals with Bryan, but gets GTS from Punk, who retains the belt.

The one negative I see is Punk tapping out, but it furthers the story from Over The Limit that Bryan is able to beat Punk. Eventually at MITB or Summerslan, Punk defeats Bryan and proves he's superior.

I guess Kane will either win the title or job to the winner of the match. Other than that I dont see why they forced Kane into this feud. I dont think he is adding much.

At first, I was REALLY looking forward to a rematch between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan... then Kane made his way into the match. The match won't be bad, but it won't be anywhere near as good as it could have been with just Bryan and Punk -- Kane's going to hold the pace of the match back, but he's not in the match due to in-ring work (more on this later). The result of this match, to me, really hinges on Kane. I feel like the WWE wants to give Bryan the title, but they want to have more rematches set between Punk and Bryan, so they'll use Kane to take the fall or something like that. It seems like the most logical reason to have Kane in the match -- otherwise, I have no clue why they bothered with a triple threat.

There's a chance that Punk retains, too, but I'm just not sure of that. Apparently (according to reports), they almost gave Bryan the belt at the last PPV, so it seems like it's time for Punk to drop the belt. That being said, they could easily stretch this out by having Kane take Bryan out and Punk then pinning him -- meaning that Bryan didn't lose, etc. It makes sense in the storyline, but I just think it's much easier to have Bryan leave the winner. Either way, though, as long as Kane doesn't take the belt, I'm fine with whichever guy leaving the champion; both Punk and Bryan are great.

Well, this feud between Punk, Bryan and Kane is now starting to revolve around AJ, from flirting with Bryan to Punk to Kane, it seems it's her whose going to get involved in the match at No Way Out, and it will probably be her who decides the outcome of the match. Do you think she'll stay face and choose Punk, turn heel and side with Bryan, or do the swerve and join Kane? I doubt she'll choose Kane as I don't see him becoming WWE Champion, It's got to be between Punk and Bryan for me.

Normally I don't like Divas getting this involved with the title picture but this has actually been entertaining. I think Bryan is the best choice because the most can come out of it. If she is going to be a factor in who wins which seems to be the case it makes most sense for her to side with Bryan and this whole thing have been an act. Kane would be entertaining and the biggest swerve since no one expects him to win but it could bring a darker character to AJ. As for her siding with Punk, imo it would be the most boring choice. Punk out of the three needs her the least if at all. She would only drag him down so id say no to that.

My pick is Bryan but who says this has to happen at NWO? WWE could easily throw a double swerve having her help Punk and seemingly aligned with Punk. She helps Punk pin Kane in some fashion and then at MITB(i think thats the next ppv) she turns on Punk and Bryan regains the title and they have one final match at Summerslam (would absolutely love an iron man match) and end the feud there for now.

I think she is siding with Punk at the start of the match (we do see her wearing Punk's Attire recently)

I think she is going to make some sort of mistake and cost CM Punk the WWE Title (Simular to the Kiss at WM28)

I think Bryan is going to win the WWE Title by pinning Kane. AJ will distract Punk in some way losing him the match and the title.

Whatever happens i like this angle. It is pretty hard to try and predict what is going to go down at No Way Out. Triple Threat matches are pretty unpredictable on thier own, throwing AJ in there aswell makes this match even more exciting to watch. This match should be the Main Event. Cena and Show just seems to predictable.

While I don't think this will happen. I would love for AJ to side with Punk but, I want them both to do it in a heel fashion. Thus turning Punk heel again and having AJ on his side he could in turn use that against Bryan. I honestly wouldn't want Bryan face again but hopefully their could be a good way to book both as heel. Although I really doubt it.

If I have to be honest I don't know actually. Thy have played it so well that it just can go in many different directions.
AJ may help Punk retaining the title and in the process turning Punk heel. On the other hand she may help Bryan and revealing that this was a trick so that Bryan can win the championship. Another possibility is for her to aligne with Kane and helping him win saying she embraced the hate.
There are just too many possibilities for this angle so I have to say that I am very interested in it and look forward to see what will happen.

Gotta be Josh Matthews hes got the style and good looks.

No, Josh Matthews is going to be the guy who takes her out to dinner and dancing. Then afterwards, she's going to say "goodnight" to him and then go bang Bryan. They should do that angle anyways. It'd be way true to real life.

I actually have an opinion on this one.

I think that AJ will come out in mid-match. Bryan tells her to get out of there, but Punk turns Bryan around and hits a GTS. Then Kane chokeslams Punk while AJ stands, mesmerized. Maybe Kane chokeslams Punk through the ring? Just a thought. Kane wins the match, and AJ sides with Kane.
Hell, they're trying to give Kane one more title reign. I say why not?

On a side note, AJ's very beautiful and she seems more legit than the other divas. Also, she's very good at what she does. She's really good for this angle, and I don't think this angle would be this good without her.

Didn't she say during RAW that she likes tough girls, or something like that? She will come out with Beth Phoenix or Katelyn....they will cost somebody the title and then the two chicks make out in the middle of the ring afterwards

Kane was thrown in the mix for some reason.
Something new should emerge from this whole deal, so I probably would say the title will change hands but I am almost sure it won't be for Kane.
I see AJ costing CM Punk the title in a fashion similar to Daniel Brayn's Wrestlemania loss of the title to Sheamus (her interference leading to the title changing hands)

Kane is in this match for some reason? Yup, he is tere to stare up at the lights and gt his ass pinned. The money feud is Bryan vs Punk. The way to keep it going through SS is by having AJ end up costing Punk the title by screwing with Kane's head and having Bryan pinning Kane after the distraction. Then do something to sideline Punk through the July PPV, MITB. most likely guess would be that Punk says he wants Bryan the next night on Raw, and Bryan attacks him and puts him out with the Labelle lock. That PPV sells itself based on the ladder matches, so having Kane challenge and lose to Bryan would be fine, which leads to Punk's return and submission match at SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back