• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Over the Limit 2012: CM Punk (c) VS Daniel Bryan [WWE Championship]

There RAW matches were better than this one. But this match was still good and reaffirms the potential in this feud. If the WWE is smart (which they aren't) they will make this a lengthy with title changes. Really ramp it up, make it a 2-out of 3 series. It's a shame the way the WWE has handled a feud between two "small" guys like Bryan and Punk. It is a legit main event, but WWE gives the impression that it isn't worthy because they don't look like Batista.

On an off note: God I want to see Punk v. Lesnar.

Fantastic fantastic match. I don't know why more people aren't talking about it. Match of the year for me, I just wish it went on a tad longer but with the finish it looks like we're going to get more matches between these two in the future.

Doesn't touch their RAW match.

Fantastic match with two guys who have great chemistry and know how to build the story of a match. The inventive counters and moves and the selling were superb, this is for me is what wrestling at it's best looks like, I really hope we get a rematch and given the finish I think it will be a submission match.....In fact I'd love it to be only the second Ultimate Submission match in WWE history.

I was there. The match was fantastic, and the best match I've ever seen live. I might be a little bias but the crowd was on fire the whole match and both competitors fed off the energy very well. I cannot wait to see what is coming next in their feud.

There RAW matches were better than this one. But this match was still good and reaffirms the potential in this feud. If the WWE is smart (which they aren't) they will make this a lengthy with title changes. Really ramp it up, make it a 2-out of 3 series. It's a shame the way the WWE has handled a feud between two "small" guys like Bryan and Punk. It is a legit main event, but WWE gives the impression that it isn't worthy because they don't look like Batista.

On an off note: God I want to see Punk v. Lesnar.
When will the bitching ever stop? On commentary they basically jerked off DB and Punk about their past and how hard they have worked.

Here's something you probably didn't think of, they aren't as over as the JL/Cena feud. I've followed DB since his match vs AJ Styles in ROH in 2003, and Punk since "When Hero Met Punk" in IWA-MS. It's not about who YOU like more or who I like more, it's about who is more over.

They've pushed this just fine. Shit like this is why I'll stop posting on here for weeks at a time. The illogical markish bitching is just insane. "Doesn't look like Batista". Yea, neither did HBK or Bret Hart or Jericho. They've all gotten pushes. Why? Because the WWE doesn't say "you look this way, you are over" the FANS decide that. If a guy isn't over, it's his own damn fault. A good worker will get over and the WWE will push them because the WWE wants to make money.

When did I blame Phill Brooks? I blamed CM Punk, the character, who is told what to do by creative.
Pretty sure Punk has said that WWE gives guys quite a bit of creative freedom, just that most guys are afraid to take it.

Second, I know why Punk is boring, because he's a babyface. In the IWC, because booing the faces and cheering the heels makes you look smart because nobody else knows it's a work, babyfaces are automatically more boring than heels. That's why you've seen so many TURN HIM TEH EHELZ suggestions on here. In other words, the average IWC wrestling fan is a ****** who thinks he/she is smarter than they really are.

Here's something you probably didn't think of, they aren't as over as the JL/Cena feud. I've followed DB since his match vs AJ Styles in ROH in 2003, and Punk since "When Hero Met Punk" in IWA-MS. It's not about who YOU like more or who I like more, it's about who is more over.

Didn't the Bryan and Punk match get a louder crowd reaction than the Cena and Lauraunitis match? I think so since people were chanting "this is awesome" during the WWE Title Match while no one cared when The Big Show turned heel.

I'm just saying :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back