WWE Night of Champions Brock Lesnar VS ????

TheKingOfAllKings

The Greatest King Of All
Since Brock Lesnar is scheduled to appear at Night of champions it got me thinking, if Lesnar does beat Cena who does he face? people are saying Cena again but do we really want to see Cena & Lesnar for a third time considering Lesnar is on a short schedule? i'd much have Lesnar face someone else, someone who he hasn't faced before. Names like Batista Orton Cesaro all pop up to my mind so who would you rather see face Lesnar at NOC?

If he beats Cena at SS, then Cena should get a rematch. Unless Cena is taking time off and is going to sell his "injuries" from the beating he took. If that's the case, I could see Cesaro getting fed to Lesnar. Although his quick job this week on RAW makes getting a WWE Title shot seem absurd, Creative can flip that around no problem.

If Cena does get his rematch, I'm thinking he regains the title, and Rollins cashes in after.

I just don't see Lesnar being champion until WM as has been suggested.

It's that stupid rematch clause, so obviously it is going to be Cena again. I wouldn't mind it as the series would be tied 1-1 so they would need a rubber match eventually. I see Rollins having a match earlier in the night with Ambrose where he wins, cashes in on Lesnar, but Ambrose comes back and costs him the actual title while Brock just stands and laughs. That can lead over to Hell In A Cell with Rollins and Ambrose, Brock can come out the next night and he will defend the title when he wants.

If they do have a rematch, hopefully Cena and Lesnar will actually be present to sell this feud and not rely on video packages. Ugh, that annoys me.

A rematch between Lesnar and Cena at Night of Champions wouldn't exactly be a bad thing. Cena is the company's top draw and Lesnar is also a great draw for the company so a rematch would actually be a way to generate Network and PPV buys. Add that with the rumored Triple H/Reigns match and you have a recipe for making that happen. I'm not against them having a third match at the PPV. In fact, I welcome it. Seems like it will be a good show to me.

Something tells me that the WWE won't have John Cena lose twice in a row to Brock Lesnar so either we get a triple threat with Cena, Orton and Lesnar OR Cena, Batista and Lesnar. Now any of these scenario's I'd be fine with. John Cena will probably lose at Summerslam though I believe it's possible WWE could have him win.

A rematch clause makes sense in this case, but what if Cena sells his injuries for that month and Orton beats Reigns. Wouldn't that make Orton the number one contender? It makes sense as Orton has been asking for a shot at the title but Reigns is in his path. I say at NOC, Orton versus Lesnar for the WWEWHC where Reigns cost Orton the match leading them to feud until HIAC.

It's difficult to say. Of course from a fan's perspective the possibilities are endless.

But knowing that he has limited dates/matches, we can probably assume that he will lose his bout after Cena. Which then renders him taking the streak, pointless.

It all revolves around how many dates he has left and if he has a new contract and the creativity of the WWE writers.

I personally think Lesnar shouldn't lose for a long time. Give him a chance to go to the UFC and compete for the title and let him truly be the baddest man on the planet and raise the prestige and legitimacy of the WWE Title, by holding the WWE and UFC Titles at the same time.

But I don't want Lesnar to win the title if he's just gonna go home until the Royal Rumble. But he can't lose because of the streak. It's a catch 22.

Cena is likely gonna take some time to sell the injuries... so it kind of makes sense for him not to face Brock at NOC - if they were gonna do that they'd do it then not Summerslam.

Depends on the Jericho/Bray situation... I could see Jericho getting a shot at NOC and getting "injured", perhaps a triple threat or fourway involving Bray and Orton as well.

They can put a Mark Henry in there easy enough or let Cesaro go in there and do the Austin turn.

Does Brock even need to defend it? I could see some kind of Tag main event... Brock and Wyatt vs Jericho and perhaos the most logical return to face Bray... Big Show! Jerishow reforming makes sense...

Judging by the pace with which they have pushed Roman Reigns up the card and through the roster, I think it will be him facing Lesnar after disposing Orton. With the absence of Cena and Daniel, he is the most over face right now, and could be the selling point for this filler PPV.

They could have kane challenge him storyline is already written as kane is out for revenge on lesnar and heyman for ending the undertakers streak he'll you could have kane manhandle him one time on raw

Does Brock even need to defend it? I could see some kind of Tag main event... Brock and Wyatt vs Jericho and perhaos the most logical return to face Bray... Big Show! Jerishow reforming makes sense...

Yes, he does need to defend it, cause the whole gimmick of the Night Of Champions PPV is that all titles are on the line.

I see either a Cena rematch or a triple threat with Cena and Orton. This is assuming Brock wins the big one at Summerslam, you never know!

Regardless of who wins at SummerSlam, WWE could easily put on a rematch between Cena & Lesnar at NOC, possibly in a Cage.

If Lesnar is going to carry the title up to WrestleMania then they need Cena out of the picture for a while, so there could be interference of some sort, maybe Batista.

If Cena is taking a few weeks off to further the feud down the line then they could have The Authority hold a celebration on Raw with Lesnar only for Orton to demand his rematch which apparently he is still owed from WrestleMania.

if they can give the rock a run with the title lesnar can get a run with it. not till mania bc if bryan couldn't keep the title bc he wasn't on tv neither should brock unless hes gonna be full time. lesnar wins at summerslam, cena gets #16 at NOC but that night lesnar hurts him so bad or attacks after match Rollins cashes in and will b champion until R.R.
then there be a storyline with cena chancing the record breaking title reign

If they're serious about giving Roman Reigns the mega push at Mania than they absolutely need to book Lesnar vs Cena again at Night of Champions and have Brock defeat Cena.

That way Reigns gets to end the reign of a guy that the current number one couldn't beat (this year) and it puts him as at least Cena's equal after Mania. It also gives Cena something to prove.

I'd also have Daniel Bryan, if possible, fight Lesnar at Royal Rumble for the exact same reason

if cena take some time off. Its bad move. Bcoz bryan still injured. If brock wins at ss. Then he can work full time. He can appear every raw and ppv. i think brock can work regular from summer slam.
My question is after wins the belt then what next for brock. Who he gonna face.
I smell he takes belt and bails. Bcoz no more conquer is left for him. HHH upset and made a tournament to crown a new champion.
At royal rumble lesnar come back and destroyed champion. At elimination chamber he beat champion and others and become original wwe champion.
Next night heyman told their is no mainevent at wm31. Roman appear and demand a match with brock. HHH allowed roman and turn face. At wm roman vs brock for wwe title. Roman became new wwe champion and face of wwe and form roman empire.

The one man baaaaaand baby! Heath Slater should challenge for the title on a major pay-per-view. Now that you don't have to worry about individual buys it's ok to get a few "WTF?" moments out of filler ppvs like Night of Champions.

If it isn't Cena, who will likely be off to film that movie, I wouldn't be surprised to see it be Big Show. He is due for a return and they constantly throw him into throwaway feuds to hold someone over for a month or two until a proper opponent can step up.

I could see an Orton face turn, being upset at how little The Authority has done for him, but I don't see anyone knocking Brock off if he indeed does win until Survivor Series at the earliest.

He'll beat Cena at SS, The Authority will think they got WWE WHC back, but they will be mistaken, so they will get angry and send, I guess, Randy Orton against him, to bring them title back. That's most likely to happen in my opinion.

I think if it isn't a Cena rematch it should be Reigns or Cesaro. Either HHH lets Heyman pick the next challenger for Lesnar and he chooses Cesaro since they are still on good terms, or after Reigns beats Orton (presumably) at SummerSlam HHH gives him a shot at Lesnar, assuming he will get destroyed. Either Reigns puts up a valiant effort and gets screwed, or maybe he wins it and defends against HHH at Hell in a Cell?

I'm not a fan of Lesnar facing Cena again. That should be a special match (it would be 1-1 since Brock's return) and it can wait. Plus, he is due some time off.

Bryan being injured is a pain, Reigns/Brock has to wait and I feel the same about Ambrose. Beside the big names, there are other interesting options.

Show, Henry, Rey, Christian... sigh. Ziggler? He doesn't belong in the ring with Brock but he is popular and they would have a good match. Swagger is a very interesting option. I never thought he would get so over as a face and they could have an awesome match. Plus there is Zeb vs Heyman.

Turning Cesaro would be a great move; however, they are in need of heels so it might not work logistically. Moreover, he isn't being built as anything significant so what would be the point.

In my mind there are two clear options. Jericho (if he is still around) and Sheamus. Jericho would give us awesome promos and a fantastic match; however, his current deal might be over. He is also a credible opponent. Sheamus is a legit main-event talent and given it is Night of Champions; Champion v Champion might work.

It shouldn't be Cena and there are other options for Brock. They might not draw as much money but all could give us high quality wrestling. Personally I'd go for Jericho and if he is gone, Sheamus.

If he beats Cena at SS, then Cena should get a rematch. Unless Cena is taking time off and is going to sell his "injuries" from the beating he took. If that's the case, I could see Cesaro getting fed to Lesnar. Although his quick job this week on RAW makes getting a WWE Title shot seem absurd, Creative can flip that around no problem.

If Cena does get his rematch, I'm thinking he regains the title, and Rollins cashes in after.

I just don't see Lesnar being champion until WM as has been suggested.

I agree. I think Lesnar being champ is just a quick fix just to get most of the subscribers whose Network subscriptions expire in late August/September to renew their subscriptions.

It sucks Lesnar probably won't get a long reign after all this time not being champ since being back in the WWE, but atleast it gives an opportunity to create new stars in Rollins maybe even Reigns (if he wins the title at WM 31 from Brock)

Cena has his rematch clause so Night Of Champions will see Brock vs Cena in some capacity. I think they will make this a Triple Threat as a point of difference. No point in having another 1 on 1 match!

Now it can't be Orton because he is off the back of a loss to Reigns and Reigns will be tied up with Triple H.

So main event Brock vs Cena vs ?????

Could it be that all of the things which have transpired in recent history in WWE, up to and certainly including Summerslam 2014, finally trigger the one thing that so many guys on here (and at least one girl) would love to see, yet just as many others insist we will never see? I am referring, of course, to the ever speculated John Cena heel turn. Granted, I predict this about every other month, so I guess I eventually have to be correct, right?

The simple fact of the matter is, there's no one on the current roster, or on the horizon from elsewhere, who could pose a credible threat to the current incarnation of Brock Lesnar. By virtue of his total annihilation of Cena at Summerslam, who himself has been pretty dominant when compared to the rest of the roster, who else currently employed by WWE would be seen as being able to defeat the beast incarnate? Because despite the fact that there are several guys in WWE right now who I love, I don't see any one of them being anything more than another rag doll for him to throw and suplex around. I mean, if Cena gets decimated by Lesnar, mounting no offense whatsoever in one of the, if not the most, lopsided title victories in WWE history, how can we imagine any of the other guys can get it done. Guys like Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, they're simply too small to mount a plausible challenge to Lesnar. The bigger guys are not believable either. He's already destroyed Mark Henry and Big Show. Reigns is far too green. Rusev is even greener and is a hated heel. Cesaro lost to RVD of all people on the pre show, can anyone imagine him with a title shot, much less against someone like Lesnar, and can anyone think it could ever be successful, because I don't.

I can't see any returning superstars being granted the honor of doing what the current face of the company and the generation was so grossly incapable of doing. No one from NXT is ready for such a task. Guys like Sting, Hogan, or the Undertaker are too old and decrepit to be plausible. And there's no way it will be the Rock. For one thing, he's not appearing at a PPV like Night of Champions. If he returns, it will be at WM31 or not at all. And even then, I don't see the point in having a part timer who has no intent of sticking around long term on a weekly basis, being defeated by a different part timer who has no intent of sticking around long term on a weekly basis. Plus, there's no way Rock himself, or his people in Hollywood, are going to risk his cushy Hollywood gig by facing someone as dominant, as stiff, and as physical, as Lesnar. Too much on the line. The Rock was hurting after his last encounter with Cena. You know, the Cena who just got tossed around like a rag doll last Sunday.

So who does that leave? A darker, angrier heel Cena. A Cena who realizes that his goody two shoes version won't be able to get it done. A Cena who is pissed off at the response he has received from the WWE Universe. Cheering the beast, who is a part timer who thumbs his nose at everyone, including the fans, who is clearly a mercenary only there for himself. While Cena toils day in and day out for the fans, only to be booed and jeered out of the ring after Summerslam. Who is constantly being told he sucks by a significant portion of the crowd, while Lesnar comes and goes as he pleases. A Cena who just got the beating of a lifetime and who knows he will bet another one if the status quo is maintained, which will elicit the same response from the Universe as last time. It's enough to make even the toughest guy out there snap. And that snapping could be the heel turn.

Unrealistic? Perhaps. But personally I'd much rather see that than see an underdog face Cena take another beating at the hands of Lesnar at NoC, only to magically overcome the odds once again, to rise to the occasion and defeat Brock Lesnar in a feel good (and played out) moment.

I think Brock should drop the belt to Heath Slater. No one would see it coming and it would make sense, considering how Heath has been winning matches against superior opponents. Then they can have a year long reign where he takes on every A-lister and somehow wins in a grand fluke. It would simply be...amazing...and yes, I am joking.

I personally think Randy Orton should turn face and feud with Lesnar. He's become stale as a heel- although he's become more interesting since he stopped being so cowardly- and seriously needs to leave the shadow of the authority. He has become an extension of the 'Triple H Vs Roman Reigns' feud, whereas at least when Orton was fighting Cena it felt like Orton was the true main villain (whom Triple H just happened to back).

It would make sense in terms of the story, since Triple H has more or less replaced him with Lesnar. Orton might actually have realized he has gotten soft by relying so much on Triple H's help anyway. It would also be interesting because Orton is arguably Cena's biggest rival, as they seemed to headline WAY TOO MANY PPV's in the last few years. My only concern is that if he loses to Brock, it would make Randy look like a loser (when was the last time he won a PPV?). But him defeating Brock would be anti-climactic for Lesnar. If Danial Bryan would return sooner than later, I think they'd be an interesting pairing. Bryan's everyman vs the Beast incarnate would make for an unusual clash.

I don't think Cena should get his rematch this quickly and for those who point out the clause, let me remind you that Orton still hasn't been given his rematch (this could also justify a Brock Vs Orton feud, as they can finally resolve that). I think Cena should get a rematch and get revenge on Lesnar...but not now. I think Cena should take some time off, "selling" his injuries. Then have a story where he recaptures his fighting spirit or whatever and finally overcome Lesnar...preferably after Lesnar has dropped the belt to someone else.

Otherwise, who else is there? No one else is really available. They could always try Batista, since he's supposed to be returning sometime, but that's awfully risky. If Batista loses, then he'll look too weak. But if he wins, fans might turn against him again...if they accept him as 'the good guy' in the first place.

Edit: I'd be for a feud with Cesaro, which would also make sense considering Heyman dropped him as soon as Brock returned, if it wasn't for Cesaro being defanged lately. I wouldn't mind another Big Show feud because Brock didn't win cleanly...In fact, Brock defeated Undertaker, CRUSHED Cena, but resorted to cheating against the Giant...That's a hole which needs to be filled, if you ask me. But the winner would have to be Brock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back