• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE in five years?

xStraightedgesoldierX

Dark Match Jobber
okay first sorry if this has been brought up before
anyway i want to know what everyone things about where wwe will be at in the next five years as in whose the face of the company,where the other divisions are doing,a couple top signings/break out stars etc
for me the face would be CM Punk not cause im a punk mark but rather because he has ring skill,mic skill,and a superstar look he just needs more fans to be comfortable with him as a major face
tag division is still in the shitter come five years IMO :banghead:
womens division is slowly getting better than it was in the year 2011 so thts a plus
the low card still has no major title to go for and rarely gets tv time with the end of superstars :disappointed:
mid card is in the same place it is now but ppl move up to main event faster but bounce back between the to {insert sheamus like ppl here}
top signings and break out stars Seth Rollins,Roderick Strong,Austin Aries etc...Sin Cara isnt as big as everyone thought and only becomes Rey's replacement :shrug:
as for wrestlemania it's slowly getting back to what it was before supercena
also its not the pg era but a tv 14 era which is better...not as many kid fans with cm punk as the face of the company...basically its like the wwe is growing up with the kid fans now

whats ur ideas on it?

In 5 Years, the main event from "today" is:-

Wade Barrett- In the Triple H role, by now on his 2nd major heel run.
Shelton Benjamin - He is coming back and coming back to conquer...
Mr Perfect Mike Hennig - Just go with it... has to happen and it will work.
The Undertaker - He will soon move to 1 match per year, so he will be there or there abouts.
Chris Jericho - The aging "face" of WWE coming to the end of his career, his retirement bout is looming against Richie Steamboat (this is SO going to happen at Mania)

Those who will be gone for sure or might be gone by then: Rey Mysterio, Kane, Edge, Taker, HHH, Big Show, Mark Henry, Khali, Regal

John Cena- Will be in HHH role, helping around backstage. Getting time off for movies but also helping younger talent. On Raw.

The Miz- I will get a lot of heat for this but I think he will be in the Cena role currently. Face of the company most likely on Raw.

Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Cm Punk, Del Rio- The guys who will stay in the main event picture and leave now then for an upper mid card program.

Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison- Upper mid card who will have some main event programs. Maybe 1 or 2 title world title reigns.

These are just stars I think will be molded in their roles. And its all opinionated so dont hate.

I see the following guys as the future of WWE, some will probably surprise you, and make you laugh at me, but thats fine, Opinions vary.

Daniel Bryan
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Derrick Bateman
Percy Watson
and...the one that will get me big heat. Zack Ryder.

I would also say Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara, but I think they'd wanna be back in Mexico by then. I just have a feeling about all those guys.

5 years from now, WWE would've bought TNA and then have some epic matches with the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, and returning Kurt Angle... if they don't fuck it up... But most likely, I think the face of the company would still be Cena, with the other veterans, Jericho, Orton, Punk, and maybe Kofi... Hopefully a new WWE championship belt... I doubt the PG rating will drop, but the product will get a little edgier and more interesting... The woman's division will still suck, because the sexist business demands the men to be the top athletes... and hopefully Undertaker, would be retired and in the HOF by then... Thats what I think the WWE will be like in 5 years.

IMO, CM Punk will be one of, or THE top superstar in the company. However, before he can make it there, he has to hit the gyms. He just doesn't look convincing to be a heavyweight champion. I don't know if its the hair or his body, but it just holds him down. He has the mic skills and the in ring skills, but his look just makes him seem like just another mid carder.

The Wrestlemania potential Main Eventers in my eyes??

Tyler Black/Seth Rollins - According to reports he will be called up to the main Roster as part of the new season of NXT. Hopefully they will be calling up the real top talent from FCW this season but from what i have watched both on ROH and FCW, Tyler Black really has the in ring ability and the charisma to make it as a top face (due to his awesome moveset) or a heel (his look and mic skills lean this way)

Sin Cara - This guy has been signed for a reason, the Mexican market seems to be booming and WWE clearly want someone to replace Mysterio, Merchandise sales will be as good as Mysterios and i can see him making a real impact straight away and staying at the top.

Alberto Del Rio - Del Rio will be the top Mexican Heel, Sin Cara the face. I can see them holding Wrestlemania in Mexico within 5 years, and this would be the match to headline that show. but regardless of that, Del Rio's mic work alone will see him headline PPV's for years to come in my opinion.

John Cena - Yes, he will still be round in 5 years, hell the way he goes he could be here in 7 or 8. Question is, will they have finally pulled the trigger on his heel turn??

The Miz - The man i can see making a Cena heel turn feasable. He has the charisma to be a top face, and his ring work seems to improve week by week. His work backstage with Make a Wish etc will also ensure he retains a nice main event spot for years.

CM Punk - This generations Chris Jericho. Wherever he is on the card it will be a good-great feud. With some of the ROH talent stepping up to (Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Evan Bourne) the plate he could really have some spectacular wrestling based feuds with people he already knows how to work with.

Those are the people i see being the main players, with noteable mentions to the likes of Sheamus, Barrett, Evan Bourne, Brett Dibiase and Ricky Steamboat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back