WWE Fast Lane: General Card & Aftermath Discussion

ans1928

Registered Sex Offender
I know it's a little early and tough to tell, but here are my predictions for the Fast Lane ppv and why I think these matches will take place (not in any particular order). Some of them are listed just to fill out the card too though.

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Big Show & Kane
- The Authority came out at the end of the Rumble, looking pissed that Reigns was the winner. I think this angle is something they're going to continue working, having The Authority set Reigns to go against a number of physically imposing superstars to help build Reigns' prowess for Wrestlemania. Throw Ambrose in for fans to hopefully start siding with Reigns again. Ambrose and Reigns win.

Cena vs. Rusev
- Not much of a prediction since this match is already set in stone, but I would like to see this match be for the U.S. Championship. Rusev retains.

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
- There's a lot of speculation that these two will face off at Wrestlemania, but I say make it happen here. Quite honestly, I'd like to see DB go against someone else at WM (i.e. Seth Rollins in a #1 contender match). Daniel Bryan will end his rivalry with Kane this Thursday on Smackdown, so I think his rivalry with Sheamus, if this is what they intend to do, will start soon. I see Bryan winning this one, but if they're gonna face off at WM, there's a good chance Sheamus will win.

Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler
- As mentioned above, I'd like to see Rollins vs. Bryan at WM in a #1 contenders match. Another person I can and would like to see Rollins go against is Dolph Ziggler, as they can both put on quality matches. The more likely scenario for Dolph at this ppv is that he'll go up against BNB for the Intercontinental Championship however. Seth wins by some sort of distraction by J&J security.

The Uso's vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (Tag Team Championship)
- The Uso's vs. The Miz and Mizdow has run it's course, as has this stupid exchange betwen Kidd/Cesaro and The New Day. The heat between Jimmy and The Miz has died down, and a split is imminent between Miz and Mizdow. Give The Uso's some new faces to compete with before The Ascension is ready or The Dudley's return (if it happens). Thinking Uso's retain here, but lose at WM.

Bray Wyatt vs. Ryback
- Bray looked as dominant as ever at the Rumble, and I believe they'll continue to run with this angle by putting him up against Ryback (maybe Ziggler) as they set him up for a possible match versus Taker at WM. I could see Bray coming out and cutting a promo on Raw or Smackdown similar to his promo at Royal Rumble and calling out anyone in the back to face him. Cue 'Feed Me More.' Wyatt wins.

Nikki Bella w/Brie vs. Paige w/Natalya (Diva's Championship)
- After the Bella's dominated at the Royal Rumble, I can't see the feud ending without any type of retribution from Paige and Natalya. I would like to see Nikki issue a challenge to Paige and Natalya by saying that if either of them want a shot at the Diva's title, they'll have to face each other to see who the #1 contender is. Paige wins that match and goes on to face Brie, setting up a split/heel turn for Natalya and possibly a Triple Threat/Fatal 4 Way at Wrestlemania. Nikki wins with a Brie distraction or Natalya turning on Paige.

Always like to see what others predict to happen at pay per views so feel free to include your own predictions as well.

I actually agree with most of your predictions, except I'd save the Tag Team Championship match for Wrestlemania. And I'd make Rollins v. Bryan at Mania for the MITB Contract. It'll open the show and probably bethe match of the night. And I'd make Dean Ambrose the special enforcer for Lesnar v. Reigns match at Mania, since there's no obvious match for him. If Lesnar v. Reigns is a disaster like a lot of people are predicting, have Bryan cash in right in the middle of the match.Keep that as a safety net.Imagine if Bryan wins the belt by cashing in, then Reigns gives him the superman punch to become a massive heel?? That be great. A feud between Bryan and Reigns for the belt might be awesome too, especially if Reigns is a monster heel,possibly with Paul Heyman at his side after turning on Lesnar.ll

That's more of a prediction for Mania. But I agree with most of your Fast Lane prediction. Rusev v. Cena shouldnt be for the belt... yet. Rusev goes over Cena in some bizarre way and then their rematch at Mania will be for the belt. At first it's serms pointless to have Cena fighting for the US belt, but it could be a symbolic win. Getting back the belt that started his career off and gave him his first big break.Plus storyline wise it's something fresh. The usual Cena haters might be okay with it.

And I'd make Rollins v. Bryan at Mania for the MITB Contract. It'll open the show and probably be the match of the night. And I'd make Dean Ambrose the special enforcer for Lesnar v. Reigns match at Mania, since there's no obvious match for him. If Lesnar v. Reigns is a disaster like a lot of people are predicting, have Bryan cash in right in the middle of the match.Keep that as a safety net.

I like your idea to use that as a safety net, but Vince and the WWE has made it very clear up to this point that they have no plans to put DB in the main event at WM again, and honestly, I don't really want to see it either (though I do like Bryan). I think the safety net will be Rollins cashing in at the end of the match, which will induce a big reaction from the fans. But you never know, gotta see how Reigns vs. Brock is built up first I guess.

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Big Show & Kane

Cena vs. Rusev

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
- There's a lot of speculation that these two will face off at Wrestlemania, but I say make it happen here. I see Bryan winning this one, but if they're gonna face off at WM, there's a good chance Sheamus will win.

Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler

The Uso's vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (Tag Team Championship)

Bray Wyatt vs. Ryback

Nikki Bella w/Brie vs. Paige w/Natalya (Diva's Championship)[/U.

Cena vs. Rusev is happening (too soon in my book).. i think Sheamus vs. Bryan at Fast Lane would be stupid and if Sheamus beats Bryan ANYTIME, it's even stupider. Bryan should, no, he MUST win any match vs. Sheamus. a loss would be damaging to Bryan's character.....

now here's my predictions.....i like the tag match with Kane and Show vs. Reigns and Ambrose so i will predict (and hope that happens)

i think Ziggler should face Barrett for the IC Title (gets his re-match and loses)

i think WWE blew it by not having Ryback vs. Rusev. i can't answer who he should feud right now.

as for Rollins, the BEST move would be to have Bryan vs. Rollins for the Briefcase and to start the rumored Sheamus and Bryan feud, have Sheamus come out, look as if he's helping Bryan, THEN have him turn on Bryan and join up with the Authority. that would be huge heel heat there and to make it better, it would give them a reason to fight.

as for Rollins, the BEST move would be to have Bryan vs. Rollins for the Briefcase and to start the rumored Sheamus and Bryan feud, have Sheamus come out, look as if he's helping Bryan, THEN have him turn on Bryan and join up with the Authority. that would be huge heel heat there and to make it better, it would give them a reason to fight.

At least this idea would give Sheamus some motive for turning heel and targeting DB. I've been thinking that The Authority could turn into a bigger faction by adding another person (preferably Bad News Barret). Adding Sheamus would be a good change for his character though, as his current gimmick is fizzling.

I'm going with:

Cena vs Rusev: Looks like this is a lock. I'm not big at all on the fact that they take a natural, gifted heel and build him to feed him to SuperCena. That being said, this match COULD be entertaining, but why ruin one of the Mania matches with a dry run!?

Uso's vs Cesaro/Kidd Like both Cesaro and Kidd, don't "feel" their connection (or the one w/Adam Rose yet)

Bryan vs Kane Finish it!

Rollins vs Ryback

Barrett vs Ziggler

Wyatt triple Threat

This could be a decent ppv if it's done right tbh, they need to be putting on some decent matches to help build talent up for Wrestlemania AND if they are adamant about Roman Reigns being top dog they need to develop his character better as soon as possible, my card for this ppv would be as strong as I could make it:

1) The Ascensions Vs The Dudley Boys
Tag Team Match. Nice little opener here with Konnor and Victor getting the win here to help build them up some more.

2) Nikki Bella w/Brie Vs Natalya w/ Paige
Divas Title Match. Add this to the card with Nikki retaining the title with a miscommunication between Paige and Natalya.

3) Bray Wyatt Vs Eric Rowan Vs Luke Harper
Triple Threat Match. Add this to the card it would be a great match with all three different styles going at it and have Bray get the victory here.

4) Bad News Barrett (C) Vs Sin Cara
Intercontinental Title Match. I know what you're all thinking BUT it would be a decent match tbh with BNB retaining his title.

5) Rusev (C) Vs Ryback
United States Title Match. If they are adamant about having Rusev-Cena at Mania this is how you build it with Rusev beating Ryback at Fast Lane and insulting America until Cena comes out and build up the match from here.

6) The Uso (C) Vs Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
Tag Team Titles Match. Kidd and Cesaro deserve a title shot and I would have them face the champs here with the Uso retaining the titles AND then after have Knnor and Victor come out and assault the champs.

7) Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan & Dolph Ziggler Vs Seth Rollins, Kane & Big Show
Six Man Tag Team Match. This should be on the card with the faces getting the victory here.

8) Roman Reigns Vs Triple HHH
Last Man Standing Match. Make this the main event if they want to push Reigns to the moon this early have him go up against HHH at Fast Lane in a Last Man Standing match and TRY to develop is in ring style more like when he was at FCW.

Last Man Standing Match. Make this the main event if they want to push Reigns to the moon this early have him go up against HHH at Fast Lane in a Last Man Standing match and TRY to develop is in ring style more like when he was at FCW.

I think Roman needs to end his little rivalry with The Big Show first, though I do realize that this idea is solely fantasy booking. At the same time, though HHH could probably use a tune-up match, I think putting him in a Last Man Standing match before he goes against Sting at Wrestlemania could have a negative impact on that match itself if your proposed idea turned out to be a great match. Reigns could use a little one on one experience in the ring with a great like Trips though. Hoping they don't just book Reigns in a 1 v 1 verse Big Show with no stipulation. That would be very unexciting.

This could be a decent ppv if it's done right tbh, they need to be putting on some decent matches to help build talent up for Wrestlemania AND if they are adamant about Roman Reigns being top dog they need to develop his character better as soon as possible, my card for this ppv would be as strong as I could make it:

1) The Ascensions Vs The Dudley Boys
Tag Team Match. Nice little opener here with Konnor and Victor getting the win here to help build them up some more.

2) Nikki Bella w/Brie Vs Natalya w/ Paige
Divas Title Match. Add this to the card with Nikki retaining the title with a miscommunication between Paige and Natalya.

3) Bray Wyatt Vs Eric Rowan Vs Luke Harper
Triple Threat Match. Add this to the card it would be a great match with all three different styles going at it and have Bray get the victory here.

4) Bad News Barrett (C) Vs Sin Cara
Intercontinental Title Match. I know what you're all thinking BUT it would be a decent match tbh with BNB retaining his title.

5) Rusev (C) Vs Ryback
United States Title Match. If they are adamant about having Rusev-Cena at Mania this is how you build it with Rusev beating Ryback at Fast Lane and insulting America until Cena comes out and build up the match from here.

6) The Uso (C) Vs Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
Tag Team Titles Match. Kidd and Cesaro deserve a title shot and I would have them face the champs here with the Uso retaining the titles AND then after have Knnor and Victor come out and assault the champs.

7) Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan & Dolph Ziggler Vs Seth Rollins, Kane & Big Show
Six Man Tag Team Match. This should be on the card with the faces getting the victory here.

I like this card but I'm sure Roman is suppose to be in a last man standing match against big show can't remember were I heard this but sure it's been mentioned

I'm really only comfortable predicting two things to happen;

1. Cena loses to Rusev via passing out in the Accolade. More wishful thinking than foresight.

2. The Divas match ends with Nikki losing her belt via a Brie betrayal, restarting the vile feud which will then end at Wrestlemania. (GAG!!!!)

Cena vs Rusev
(Rusev needs to drop the title before Fast lane) via interference will do

Ascension vs Dudley Boyz or dust brothers

Divas title
Nikki w/ Brie vs Paige w/ Natalya

Tag titles
Usos vs Kidd&cesaro
Ascension attacks after the match

Wyatt triple threat

IC title
Dean vs Barrett

Dolph & Bryan vs Kane & Rollins

Last man standing
Reigns vs big show

I have heard so far
Cena vs. Rusev (C) non-title
HHH vs. Sting
I am thinking the other matches will be
Nikki (C) vs. Paige
Daniel vs. Sheamus
Seth vs. Randy
The Usos (C) vs. Cesaro/Kidd
Bad News Barrett (C) vs. Dolph
Bray vs. Erik
Roman vs. Big Show & Kane
Dean vs. Luke
This could be to many matches but there could be variations of these matches.

So, with the card as it currently is, here are the Worst-Case Scenarios;

Usos vs. Kidd/Cesaro, Tag Team Title Match:
-Mainly a predictable Usos victory. Not especially terrible but far more ho-hum.

Goldust vs. Stardust, Singles Match:
-Probably a bullshit non-finish if only because the story won't see any time at Wrestlemania regardless making the split-up stretched beyond its ability to entertain. Again, not too terrible a fate.

Ziggler/Ryback/Rowan vs. Rollins/Big Show/Kane, Three-Man Tag Team Match:
-Big Show and Kane protected and looking strong? Check. Ample and blatant cheating by J & J regardless of whether they are allowed ringside? Check. All three good guys getting crushed and eating curb stomps? Check. Puke.

Bad News Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose, Intercontinental Title Match:
-This is actually a lose-lose prospect overall, but I'm going to say Dean WINNING is the worst outcome for me, if only because it proves without a doubt that Seth Rollins will NEVER be punished in the ring for betraying the Shield. That'll be discarded and left for dead and FUCK that.

Rusev vs. John Cena, United States Title Match:
-ANYTHING involving a DQ Finish. If you can't book a rematch after a decisive finish then you don't deserve to book shit. Fuck you, theoretical strawman shitbird.

HHH/Sting confrontation:
-Haitch blabbering for ten minutes before Sting shows up, followed by MORE blabbering by Haitch before the demand for a Wrestlemania Match is made, Sting nods, onto the next segment. Not really expecting anything good because NOBODY is allowed to get a leg up on Haitch in the ring as far as working the mic and the psychology goes.

Nikki Bella vs. Paige, Divas Title Match:
-This is easy. Nikki wins with a solid victory over Paige and they gloat and celebrate in the ring... then Brie sucker punches and lays out Nikki, making sure she sees Brie point to the Wrestlemania sign(get out your barf bags... it's coming.)

Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, WM Main Event Spot Match:
-Outisde of Non-Clean Finishes, the worst would be not only Reigns going over Bryan clean, but Bryan turning full-blown Heel for the match, cheating and dominating for ninety percent until Reigns powers up, hits the Punch and the Spear, 1-2-3, and I'm out the fucking door because that's not the story I stuck around to see and Adios Wrestling.

I can see this show being special. Reigns/Bryan feels like a proper event, Cena/Rusev will be fascinating, you've got Sting's first verbal encounter and the rest of the card, while filler, should produce.

I'm looking forward to it. Not enough to stay up all night, but that's WWE's fault, not Fast Lane's.

WWE Fast Lane 2015 is now behind us. Here are my thoughts.

Dolph Ziggler/Erick Rowan/Ryback VS Seth Rollins/Kane/Big Show
Why did they even have this match? I'm sick of Big Show and Survivor Series was 3 months ago. There's no need to continue this storyline any longer.

Goldust VS Stardust
Not only did they have this match too early, but why give Goldust the win? He has NOTHING to gain from it. I'd imagine the feud gets extended into Wrestlemania now with Dusty being the ref or something but still.... It was too early to have this match and both competitors are capable of better.

The Jon Stewart thing
WHY!? Why would you even do something as stupid as this, WWE!? This reminds me of the idiocy we would see during the Guest Host GM angle. Jon Stewart's not funny and he has no place on a wrestling show. NONE. Hopefully this never gets brought up ever again.

Tyson Kidd/Cesaro VS The Usos (Tag Team Championship)
The one time I predict The Usos to retain, they lose. Maybe I should predict in their favor more often. On a more serious note, I'm glad to see Tyson and Cesaro get the belts. They should make good champions for The Ascension to chase going into Wrestlemania.

Trips/Sting Confrontation
This was the best part of the show. It set up the match most of us were already expecting anyway, but the segment was cool.

Nikki Bella VS Paige (Divas Championship)
The only good thing about this match was laughing at the announcing mistake of calling it the Womens Championship. Paige cannot carry Nikki through a tolerable match and it showed here. This is a very bad thing. Why are you going to make Nikki Bella walk into Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year, holding the biggest prize of the female division, WHEN SHE CAN'T WRESTLE!? Paige needed to win here. Please, WWE, don't put us through the torture of seeing Nikki defend that belt on Wrestlemania. There's got to be some type of non-title match you can book for the divas instead. ANYTHING but Bella VS Bella. ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!

Bad News Barrett VS Dean Ambrose (Intercontinental Championship)
Disappointing. It looks as if this is yet another feud that will extend into Wrestlemania. Dean should have won this, but oh well. He did still leave with the title, how that plays out should be interesting.

Bray Wyatt calls out Undertaker
Some good mind games here by Bray, but why are we teasing a match between him and Undertaker? The Streak is gone. Defeating Undertaker at Wrestlemania will never be as big of a deal anymore. Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all if they go that route.

John Cena VS Rusev (US Championship)
This ended up being much better than I expected, and we did get a complex finish. Cena passed out so he can still say he never chose to give up, and Rusev retains via submission. This feud will likely continue into Wrestlemania where Cena gets the win.

Daniel Bryan VS Roman Reigns
If you disregard the bizarre situation behind why this match is taking place, it was a good match. Definitely the match of the night and an early contender for match of the year. That being said, it's tough to ignore the circumstances going into the match. Roman Reigns won the Royal Rumble. So logic dictates he's going to Wrestlemania to face Lesnar in a match I have zero interest in. So WWE comes up with a way to possibly add Daniel Bryan to make it a triple threat. Nope, Roman wins. Why did you even have this match then? Roman winning made the whole thing pointless, much like this show as a whole.

Overall Thoughts
Well, this show sucked. It was pretty pointless with the only things on it even worth watching being Reigns VS Bryan and the Trips/Sting promo. A World Championship match would have been nice. So would more clear finishes. I had low expectations going into this show, and it did not meet said low expectations. That's not a good thing. As a result of this show, I now have low expectations going into Wrestlemania too, and that's REALLY bad. You have 5 weeks to fix this WWE.... I still believe you can make a good card out of what you have, but I fear we may be headed for the worst Wrestlemania since 27. Lesnar VS Reigns is a match I have NO interest in whatsoever, but I'll withhold judgment until we begin seeing more of what the card will be.

2015 PPV RANKINGS
1. Royal Rumble 2015
2. Fast Lane 2015

Fucking idiots.

You're going to get 20 mibutes of the crowd shitting on reigns/Lesnar followed by the relief of Rollins saving it. How stupid can you be? Reigns isnt over.

Good show overall in terms of in ring action and storytelling, but Wrestlemania is shaping up to have a shit show main event.

I missed large portions of "Fast Lane", which I will check out during replays (or when I have control over what matches to watch), but from what I saw.

Cena VS Rusev- I thought this was pretty weak, but it was impossible to invest in. Cena played the underdog when honestly, Rusev was the underdog. Rusev holds a midcard belt, but was facing a WHC contender. Once again, I felt Cena stepped down to challenge Rusev when it should've been the opposite. One should've had the WHC before feuding. The second half was better, but the finish made me think 'bleh'. I want Rusev to go over Cena cleanly at Wrestlemania. But I'm guessing that won't happen.

Reigns Vs Bryan- Really good match. I was happy.

A pretty solid "PPV". All the matches are solid. I didn't watch the Divas match, so no comments there. All in all, I've no complaints on Fast Lane. Roman Reigns made good of his performance tonight, so did all the other wrestlers on the card tonight. John Cena showed that he is a mere mortal after all, falling in the hands of Rusev. Randy Orton made his return tonight at a very opportune time. I'm satisfied with Fast Lane.

I could only watch the main event. Bryan and Reigns was a decent, albeit a bit awkward at times. Either my speakers are broken or Network had some sound issues, but the crowd seemed pretty dead for most part of the match. Reigns showed something new and for the first time I believe WWE acknowledged his hernia operation. The endorsement from Bryan was needed for Reigns but it'll be interesting (or not) to see what they do with Bryan for Wrestlemania.

I was pretty much unimpressed with the whole PPV. Seemed to be a glorified episode of RAW. The highlights were the confrontation between Sting and HHH. The "STANG" sign in the audience, which had me in tears, and the Reigns/Bryan match. The best part was Ambrose trying to reign in Barrett who was determined to get away.

Oh yea Orton showing up, and Wyatt trolling was okay as well. Can't get into the Dust brothers thing, and the Diva's well that speaks for itself. Cena will kill Rusev at Mania, and the Uso's lost their titles which they will win back in a month or so.

This was pretty much a preview for Mania, as most of these matches will occur again. I just hope to God they are much better and we don't get more of the same. Oh and the WWE should start blacklisting cities, this Memphis crowd sucked. Barely any reaction at all to anything.

Really surprised by the reviews on here so far.

I thought the ppv was very good. My only complaint is that there were three questionable finishes but I had already predicted that anyways.

Match of the night for me was the tag title match. Cena and Rusev delivered and exceeded my expectations. Reigns vs DB was awesome. BNB vs Ambrose was pretty good until the finish as well. Sting and HHH confrontation was ok but the holding the bat at his neck went on too long. Bray Wyatts promo and entrance was awesome, I loved the crowd trolling.

Good show imo....divas match was garbage though!

I thought the show was average. Goldust/Stardust, Cena/Rusev, and Reigns/Bryan were the only matches that I had an interest in.

Goldust/Stardust started great and I love the story... but the ending... ugh... that had to be a botch. There wasn't any emotion and it was so sudden. Draining really. I think the aftermath promo helped smooth over the awkwardness. Cena/Rusev was phenomenal. Was not expecting Cena to be KO'ed like he was, but at least WWE can push the "I didn't give up" angle. I was hoping they'd fight to a double count out or DQ, but whatever. If Cena does beat Rusev at Mania it really doesn't hurt the man at this point. Reigns/Bryan was pretty much what I expected. It was a great match. Reigns won. Over or not I expect him to win the belt and he and Bryan can have a rematch in the future.

Really surprised by the reviews on here so far.

I thought the ppv was very good. My only complaint is that there were three questionable finishes but I had already predicted that anyways.

Match of the night for me was the tag title match. Cena and Rusev delivered and exceeded my expectations. Reigns vs DB was awesome. BNB vs Ambrose was pretty good until the finish as well. Sting and HHH confrontation was ok but the holding the bat at his neck went on too long. Bray Wyatts promo and entrance was awesome, I loved the crowd trolling.

Good show imo....divas match was garbage though!

It was okay. I can't see it being a PPV of the year candidate but it's definitely not bad as Battleground last year. Yes, there were questionable finishes but I'd rather have rematches than having a WrestleMania card where you can clearly see it was thrown together at the last minute.

I was surprised Cesaro and Kidd won. I figured The Usos win and move on to The Ascension who they would lose the titles to. I hope they let Cesaro and Kidd hold on to the titles atleast to WrestleMania and not have them lose the titles on a random RAW.

My ratings will be out of 5
Ziggler, Ryback & Rowan vs Big Show, Kane and Rollins - **
Most the match was fine, but the booking was absolutely hideous. Why did Ziggler take the fall? Why did Show and Kane cause the finish? Why didn't Rollins do much? Ortons return was poorly time and too predictable.

Stardust vs Goldust - *
I hated it. They tried to tell too much of a story and it was boring. Finish botched as well. I had so many high hopes for these two. I was it was dashing Cody Rhodes feuding with Goldust

Uso's vs Kidd and Cesaro - ***
A fun match to properly get things going. The samoan drop to the barrier was awesome. I would like to see these 4 work a gimmick tag match soon. Drop Total Divas angle and this feud will have more legs in it

Nikki Bella vs Paige - **
Most the match was ok, the finish wasn't. The problem is they book 1 or 2 divas at a time, meaning cheap finishes are needed. I just can't stand the Bellas. Yes they are attractive (well the less plastic one is more so), but they just make me dislike Divas wrestling and not in a good heel way.

Barrett vs Ambrose - * 1/2
What a let down. What an awful finish. The booking of this show just got worse. If given time these two could have had magic on the mic. I am now predicting Ambrose keeps hiding the title, Barrett becomes a whiney coward and ends up dropping it to Ambrose. Back down to jobbing to Sheamus, Orton etc. for months till the next transitional reign.

Cena vs Rusev - ***1/2
I enjoyed this. I thought the escapes from submissions were poor and just made it look like Cena wasn't actually locking it in. The finish was alright, a cheap shot had to happen somehow. I hope Rusev pins Cena clean at WM with the debut of a new finisher.

Bryan vs Reigns - ****
I went into this one with bad hopes. The show had been booked dreadfully. I expected the same here. There were a few too many Hogan/Cena/Superman no sells by Reigns, but I guess that is what they want from him. It was by far his best showing, and I actually thought Bryan may have won it from flying knee. Reigns variation of multiple suplexes was a nice touch, shame commentary didn't pick it up enough.

Overall card - **
I think the main issue was the predictability of much of it. This PPV was simply to set up Wrestlemania. At least with Elimination Chamber you had a Chamber match to add interesting angles to it. The booking of the opening match is as bad as it gets. Too many cheap finishes but the last two matches were solid.

I thought the show was average. Goldust/Stardust, Cena/Rusev, and Reigns/Bryan were the only matches that I had an interest in.

Goldust/Stardust started great and I love the story... but the ending... ugh... that had to be a botch. There wasn't any emotion and it was so sudden. Draining really. I think the aftermath promo helped smooth over the awkwardness. Cena/Rusev was phenomenal. Was not expecting Cena to be KO'ed like he was, but at least WWE can push the "I didn't give up" angle. I was hoping they'd fight to a double count out or DQ, but whatever. If Cena does beat Rusev at Mania it really doesn't hurt the man at this point. Reigns/Bryan was pretty much what I expected. It was a great match. Reigns won. Over or not I expect him to win the belt and he and Bryan can have a rematch in the future.

I think the match spoke for itself as what vince thinks of bryan. We'll be lucky if he makes it into an elimination chamber let alone a 1 on 1 title match even then it won't be with reigns they're still trying to right the ship on him and they can't have him near bryan then. The most popular star on the roster just became an afterthought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back