• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestling Matters

As long as TNA don’t start having just wrestling, then this could be a good chance for them to rebrand and get themselves out there. I’ve always thought TNAs biggest problem was lack of exposure and I can see why companies don’t get behind, and promote, something called TNA. And it’s the same with your average Joe, when he hears the letters TNA he’s not thinking it’s wrestling (which should actually be a good thing when you think about it).

The whole “Wrestling Matters” tagline seemed to have taken effect immediately at Sacrifice. The PPV was all about wrestling and I didn’t think there was a bad match all night. And that’s the way it should be. (Sidenote: I couldn't actually believe there were enough losers out there to have that PPV at 1 star on the poll on the main page. They clearly didn't watch but felt the need to vote.) The wrestling should be saved for the PPVs and the character building should take place on iMPACT! Me personally, I would like to see iMPACT! remain how it is and see the PPVs on the road showcasing the wrestling. The PPVs in the iMPACT Zone are just soo flat and I hope they address that soon.

Like I said, as long as we don’t see just wrestling on iMPACT! I can see some good in this for TNA. Because at the end of the day you could have an awesome match on TV, but if people don’t care about the guys in the match and who wins, they aren’t watching it. I would just like to see the matches on iMPACT! get a few more minute each.

As long as TNA don’t start having just wrestling, then this could be a good chance for them to rebrand and get themselves out there. I’ve always thought TNAs biggest problem was lack of exposure and I can see why companies don’t get behind, and promote, something called TNA. And it’s the same with your average Joe, when he hears the letters TNA he’s not thinking it’s wrestling (which should actually be a good thing when you think about it).

The whole “Wrestling Matters” tagline seemed to have taken effect immediately at Sacrifice. The PPV was all about wrestling and I didn’t think there was a bad match all night. And that’s the way it should be. (Sidenote: I couldn't actually believe there were enough losers out there to have that PPV at 1 star on the poll on the main page. They clearly didn't watch but felt the need to vote.) The wrestling should be saved for the PPVs and the character building should take place on iMPACT! Me personally, I would like to see iMPACT! remain how it is and see the PPVs on the road showcasing the wrestling. The PPVs in the iMPACT Zone are just soo flat and I hope they address that soon.

Like I said, as long as we don’t see just wrestling on iMPACT! I can see some good in this for TNA. Because at the end of the day you could have an awesome match on TV, but if people don’t care about the guys in the match and who wins, they aren’t watching it. I would just like to see the matches on iMPACT! get a few more minute each.

I completly agree, this new wrestling matters slogan is a great oppertunity for TNA to rebrand itself. I don't want them to be all wrestling because let's face it it won't work. But i do want them to be booking better shows. I want them to have matches on the show that don't last 3 minutes. It would be fun to have at less 1 matches during the show that they have to take a commercial break during the match. Also, i really believe they could benefit more if they stop doing that TMZ type interview stuff. While it's very original, it's kind distracting at times and even feel stupid.

Also i really like to responds to 2 points made about my earlier comment, first of all about the tag divisions. The guy listed 9 teams out of those 9 teams how many were a one shot deal or doesn'T exist anymore. Hardy & Harris was a one shot deal, Harris isn't coming back, Gunner & Murphy are not a tag team anymore because Murphy got fired from Immortal. Right the tag team division in TNA is concive of Mexican America, Beer Money INK Inc and the british invasion. The motor city machine guns are not there part of the division right now because of injury and Gen me are more single wrestlers right now then a tag team.

As for the knockouts being better then the divas. Sure if you look at the rosters, TNA as the better roster still but i'm talking about how they use them. You got that stupid angle with Winter/Velvet Sky and Angelina''i can act like a zombie if my life depends on it'' love. You got Mickie JAmes who ever since here injury in that cage match against Tara is really going through the motions and the rest of the knockout are are getting the spotlight are not the greatest wrestlers on the roster. Sure the WWE isn'T better but there current storyline with Kharma is the most interesting thing to happen in wwe woman's wrestling since Trish left and they don't have to over dramatise the feud to make it effective.

Sure the WWE has is flaws, i really believe they need to create new stars in the main event level because i'm getting tired of Orton and Cena on top. But at less they try to make compelling T.v week in and week out. When they have wrestling matches on raw and Smackdown, it's not a 3 minutes squash match that doesn't lead anywhere. The interview segment all lead to something. The crash t.v stuff or action adventure soap opera stuff doesn'T work anymore. TNA is trying to much to relive the glory years of the late 90's. That period is over. Casual fans want to see action, they want something they can follow without having to think about what going on or have to wait until the next episode to find out what going to happen. Casual wrestling fans want matches and want interview segment that explain why these guys are fighting each other. That's the model TNA should use because trying to relive the past won't work. Trying to get notice by WWE won'T work. The only way TNA can make a mark in the wrestling business is to live and breath their slogan of Wrestling matters and for that to happens they have to strip down their product and go back to basic but since i know who in charge of creative and that guy hate the word wrestling even more then Vince Mcmahon, i doubt it will happen.

I completly agree, this new wrestling matters slogan is a great oppertunity for TNA to rebrand itself. I don't want them to be all wrestling because let's face it it won't work. But i do want them to be booking better shows. I want them to have matches on the show that don't last 3 minutes. It would be fun to have at less 1 matches during the show that they have to take a commercial break during the match. Also, i really believe they could benefit more if they stop doing that TMZ type interview stuff. While it's very original, it's kind distracting at times and even feel stupid.

Also i really like to responds to 2 points made about my earlier comment, first of all about the tag divisions. The guy listed 9 teams out of those 9 teams how many were a one shot deal or doesn'T exist anymore. Hardy & Harris was a one shot deal, Harris isn't coming back, Gunner & Murphy are not a tag team anymore because Murphy got fired from Immortal. Right the tag team division in TNA is concive of Mexican America, Beer Money INK Inc and the british invasion. The motor city machine guns are not there part of the division right now because of injury and Gen me are more single wrestlers right now then a tag team.

As for the knockouts being better then the divas. Sure if you look at the rosters, TNA as the better roster still but i'm talking about how they use them. You got that stupid angle with Winter/Velvet Sky and Angelina''i can act like a zombie if my life depends on it'' love. You got Mickie JAmes who ever since here injury in that cage match against Tara is really going through the motions and the rest of the knockout are are getting the spotlight are not the greatest wrestlers on the roster. Sure the WWE isn'T better but there current storyline with Kharma is the most interesting thing to happen in wwe woman's wrestling since Trish left and they don't have to over dramatise the feud to make it effective.

Sure the WWE has is flaws, i really believe they need to create new stars in the main event level because i'm getting tired of Orton and Cena on top. But at less they try to make compelling T.v week in and week out. When they have wrestling matches on raw and Smackdown, it's not a 3 minutes squash match that doesn't lead anywhere. The interview segment all lead to something. The crash t.v stuff or action adventure soap opera stuff doesn'T work anymore. TNA is trying to much to relive the glory years of the late 90's. That period is over. Casual fans want to see action, they want something they can follow without having to think about what going on or have to wait until the next episode to find out what going to happen. Casual wrestling fans want matches and want interview segment that explain why these guys are fighting each other. That's the model TNA should use because trying to relive the past won't work. Trying to get notice by WWE won'T work. The only way TNA can make a mark in the wrestling business is to live and breath their slogan of Wrestling matters and for that to happens they have to strip down their product and go back to basic but since i know who in charge of creative and that guy hate the word wrestling even more then Vince Mcmahon, i doubt it will happen.

I think for the most part I agree with you about the direction TNA needs to go in. No question their product is right now, too complicated, the matches too short, and some of the storylines need to go. i.e. Winter/Velvet/Sky. Finish it, get Love back on solid ground again and let her attitude and wrestling style tell a story. Winter is a good hand, but she needs something different if she's to make a long-lasting impact. (pardon the pun) Sky needs a LOT of in-ring work to get her game up to speed with the others. She is by far the least talented in-ring, but she cuts a pretty decent promo, so she's got half of the schtick down.

I agree the matches need to go longer. The quick match scenario, to me, just doesn't tell a good story. Whether it's a 10-12 minute match without a commercial break, or a 15-18 minute match with a break, they need to lengthen some of these matches. That would mean fewer faces on tv which gets me to the next issue. The roster is too large. They need to dump 15-20% of the roster who aren't being used and aren't bringing anything to the table. Either that, or go 3 hours on Impact. Either use the talent you have, or get rid of those you aren't and tell better stories.

I'm willing to give them the next few weeks to see where the whole 'wrestling matter' angle goes to see if there's any appreciable difference in the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back