• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista/TNA - Is He Arrogant For Not Wanting To Join?

Arrogant? Absolutely not. He's proud. There is a difference. Arrogance doesn't apply here. Batista got his break with WWE, and they made him into the star he was despite his age. He's loyal to them, and that's great for them and for him, even if it means he's holding out because he wants more money than they are willing to give him.

Frankly, I'm glad he's got that pride, because he's one of a few ex-WWE stars who I have no desire to see in a TNA ring at any point in his career.

Def. not. From what former TNA stars say about the promotion, it's not a great place to work, and i can't say i blame Batista for not wanting to go.

Yeah, except for Kurt Angle, Sting, Bully Ray, AJ Stlyes, etc. have had to say about working there, but who the fuck are those guys? Who gives a shit what Kurt Angle has to say when Jay Lethal is whining about not being able to be himself. I mean come on, it's Jay Fuckin' Lethal! The man! The myth! THE LEGEND!

Batista strikes me as an arrogant individual in general but it has nothing to do with this. He never said anything belittling to TNA, in fact I believe he even described their offers as enticing at one point. He just does not seem to want to wrestle at all and he has earned that right. I really do not care because like IDR said, from a purely what I enjoy standpoint I didn't really care to see him in TNA anyway.

TNA isn't a good place to work for aging stars? News to me. There is no such place as a good place to work if you are an unestablished wrestler.

Its not arrogant it's smart. If he wanted to wrestle he could go back to Vince and be a world title contender from the get go. In TNA all he would do is stand around and argue with old guys. Batista is one of the top 3 talents from our generation and i highly doubt any of them would even consider going to TNA until they get their shit together.

While half of the people here want to make it seem like he's smart and TNA is some crap hole, it's clear that he's not being arrogant. He do easier thing's and get cash out it. TNA would be the company you go to if you feel like working light without expecting much for it. WWE offers million dollar figures while TNA can't. It's pretty damn obvious that there is a reason for that and because of the difference it can be hard for wrestlers to decide to go there. Last I recall, Christian left TNA because WWE offered more and he needed it. If Batista can get more money, then why not go for it? Just because he's not the kind to "give back to the business" doesn't mean he's being arrogant.

No it's not arrogance it's called loyalty. It's the same loyalty Sting has shown TNA. The only difference is he's still wrestling, they're not. It doesn't mean they won't again it just won't ve with TNA. I respect anyone doing what they want. Whether that's walking away, jumping ship, or staying with your company, they're doing what THEY want. And in the end, we may not agree but who are we, lol?

but is it loyalty? he said he is not going back to wwe either because of the pg-rating. besides, loyalty to the top company is not really loyalty - you are staying there because they are on top and you make the best pay there. look at wcw and wwf back in the 90's - very few guys were loyal because when it comes down to it, it is a business and money talks when you have a short career. depending on how long he decides to sit out, Batista might not get a long run in the wwe again. in TNA, he could walk in for a year and be the top guy with minimun effort and it would bring attention to TNA. plus it has that more mature theme that he is wanting. really, TNA is the type of environment he says he is looking for.

I thank everyone for their comments on this. to me it shows that, even though they have been around for almost a decade, TNA is not really a viable second option for most wrestlers like WCW was at one time. they have a great roster, in some ways better than wwe, but obviously they have not put the pieces together yet to become that real alternative.

of course batista is a wwe guy if he wanted to go back he could remember he left to try UFC and probably take a break but he's burt no real bridges so TNA is not an option but he is Arrogant for saying he wouldn't join in terms of signing a new contract with WWE But TNA Would Take Any Top WWE Tallent any company or Leage would. Look at the Canadian Football Leage they take any NFL Losser and TNA Has Sighned WWE's Lossers Before ALA Sean Marly, Gold Dust and Rhikishi now its Orlando Jordan and Jimy Wang Yang.

I don't see it as arrogance, you just have to look at it from a realistic point of view.

If Tom Cruise was offered a bit part in some little no budget independent film and said he wasn't interested, would that make him arrogant? Not at all. He knows that it would be an almost impossibly huge step down for one of the biggest stars in the history of Hollywood. To some degree, it's the same with Batista and TNA. I don't mean that as a means of putting TNA down but WWE is just on a whole other level than they are when it comes to the level of fame and fortune Batista can earn.

Like KB, I read the reports a few years back saying that Batista made $500,000 for his match with The Undertaker. He made as much as, I believe, Sting makes in TNA annually for a single night's work. His last WM appearance against John Cena was in front of over 70,000 people. Going from making that kind of money and working in front of that many people to what TNA could offer would be seen, at least by Batista if nobody else, as a huge step down.

Batista is someone that's all about the money. We all know it and he's practically come right out and admitted it. If WWE offered Batista a big money deal, he'd go with them in a heartbeat despite his complaints about them.

Whether or not Batista is a "good fit" for TNA, they'd sign him in a second if he contacted them and told them he wanted to work for them. He'd show up in TNA, he'd decimate everybody put in front of him and would probably be TNA World Heavyweight Champion within a matter of months. Why do I think that? Because for the exact same reason TNA has signed so many well established names: in the hopes that they'll bring ratings with them.

Defiantly not arrogant in the slightest. Both Batista and Goldberg are too good for TNA. Plus you'd expect Batista to be loyal to the WWE even tho he's not with the company anymore. Even if he was to go (hypothetically) he'd be payed a hell of a lot less than what he was paid at WWE, he'd be preforming for 1000-2000 people every week where at WWE's event, a lot more people attend Which is a HUGE step down and lets be honest would you go from a well known company like the WWE to a circus like TNA ? Nah you wouldn't.

No. I'm sure that he's likely a millionaire a couple times over. The truth is that he doesn't need TNA, they would need him. It COULD be interesting, however he wouldn't need them.

In fact, I doubt he needs to do anything. The fact of the matter is that he could probably still draw with the biggest company and is choosing not to. Therefore, why would he settle and go with TNA when it could hurt any potential return to the main show and perhaps ruin his ability to market himself to Vince and co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back