''Wrestling Matters''

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTLion1990

Pre-Show Stalwart
I cannot buy any of this pretentious crap. This is in relation to TNA changing their name to ''Impact Wrestling'' where Wrestling Matters.

I love pro wrestling, and WWE's decision to not acknowledge wrestling was a bit weird given their past, but they're looking to the future. It is a business.

I went over to the new TNA... Sorry iMpact Wrestling website, where I saw a clip of all wrestlers claiming that wrestling FINALLY matters, and that this is where you will see real wrestling. First of all, if wrestling matters then how come TNA are doing this because WWE dropped the wrestling from their name?

It's a publicity stunt where they're literally saying that because they have wrestling in their name, they're the real wrestlers. It's embarrassing and disrespectful to ANY wrestling company without the word ''Wrestling'' in their name. ROH has the best wrestling matches in the world, are they not considered to be real wrestlers now?

They mock WWE for failing to acknowledge the word, and so did many I.W marks. However, I.W has slapped all their fans in the face by changing who they are in spite of WWE. They've changed 'TNA' the company that was started some ten years ago and featured the likes of Daniels and Styles, who worked their asses off for the very loyal then TNA fans, but I consider it worse to change the name of a company, to slap WWE in the face. Especially when a lot of TNA talent are WWE guys.

I prefer WWE over ROH, even though ROH has a lot of great matches, because of the stories that are told, and the build up and storylines... The entertainment factor. TNA... Woops, I mean iMpact Wrestling can claim that wrestling matters etc, but a lot of fans know that entertainment goes hand in hand with wrestling, and for their talent to say ''We get injured, we break our necks'' as if because they have wrestling in their name, which they NEVER had before now suddenly means that they're superior.

What are your guys thoughts?

Does TN....errrrrr Impact Wrestling script their matches? Do they do promos? Are their wrestlers trained to do the same moves as WWE wrestlers are? Do they not hire the wrestlers that the WWE releases?

Claiming that suddenly because they have "Wrestling" in their name that somehow they matter is a complete joke, and TN...errrrr Impact Wrestling is deluding themselves if they think its going to make any bit of difference.

First, look at the implications...if you matter because you have "Wrestling" in your name, then that means the last ten years was a colossal waste of time. You spent ten years trying to grow the TNA brand...a brand that did not have "wrestling" in the name, and now you just pissed it away.

Further, what difference does the name make? When Kentucky Fried Chicken rebranded itself as KFC, did they stop selling fried chicken? No, of course not. They were the same restaurant as they were before, and everyone still understood that.

When WCW used to say that they were "where the big boys play", my reactions were okay, so if WCW is where boys play, does that mean the WWF is where men work?

Now, if TN....errrr Impact Wrestling want's to claim that "wrestling matters", I would politely remind everyone that TN...errrrr Impact Wrestling is in the sports entertainment business, just like the WWE is. Their "wrestlers" are really performers, whose job is to entertain. Having the word "Wrestling" in your name doesn't change who or what you are or do. I don't care if they want the word Wrestling in their name, just like I don't really care that the WWE is dropping it from theirs. It doesn't matter, because we all know who they are, and what they do.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back