• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania XXX: Undertaker vs.... Dean Ambrose?

Blade

"Original Blade"
Yep. Undertaker Vs. Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania XXX.

Now, bear with me here, because things are starting to add up. It's clear that WWE is currently in the midst of pushing a lot of younger guys, Daniel Bryan, the Shield, Curtis Axel and so on. While Undertaker vs. John Cena might seem like the only viable option left in terms of a match where the streak is in jeopardy, it's hard to see Cena being outside the title picture come Wrestlemania.

Sure, there's plenty of big stars other than Cena who could face Undertaker. There's Lesnar, The Rock, or a rematch with CM Punk. They'd make money for the company, but they would be very short-term options at a time when WWE is starting to think a bit more long-term.

This is where Ambrose comes into it. WWE are pushing him as the break-out star of the Shield. He's got the singles title, he's the one who got the match with the Undertaker originally and he's the one who does most of the talking in promos. I don't know what WWE management are thinking, but I would bet that they're very high on Ambrose.

As for a feud with Undertaker, it's already putting itself together. Remember, the Shield are the ones who took out the Undertaker with a powerbomb through the announce table. The Undertaker loves retribution, so he can't not go after the Shield when he does return. Then, last night on Payback against Kane, Ambrose mocked Undertaker by doing his signature taunt, then attempted to do Old School before Kane reversed. And it wouldn't surprise me if, in the near future, the Shield attack and take out Kane much like they took out his brother.

If WWE really want to make a star of Ambrose, they build him up while continuing to let him mock the Undertaker. They have the Shield take out Kane. Then 'Taker returns and faces Ambrose at Wrestlemania. My gut says this is Undertaker's last Wrestlemania, so why not make the career of a younger guy with it? I'm not saying Ambrose should end the streak. I'm saying Taker can make Ambrose look like a star.

The feud is already set up. The build-up to the match with Ambrose's crazy gimmick would be awesome. And the match itself would be very solid. Keep building Ambrose and make the match a year in the making and it'll benefit both Wrestlemania and Ambrose, while letting Taker leave on a really high note.

Is this a genuine possibility or am I just doing some stupid fantasy booking?

Didnt we see this match on Smackdown a few weeks ago? I think this is more likely to be booked for Summerslam or Survivor Series.

Taker vs Ambrose for Wrestlemania 30, a huge milestone isn't money. It would make much more sense for Taker to face Lesnar, Rock or Cena.

If Ambrose continues to rise, then have him in a match for the World Title.

I don't think it's a possibility, but I wouldn't call it "stupid" either. It would be an enjoyable feud, no doubt about it.

The problem is that the Undertaker has a very limited amount of time left, and with marquee matches like Brock and Cena still having not been done at WrestleMania, it's hard to justify giving that spot to Ambrose. The Cena match in particular is one that I think absolutely needs to happen before Undertaker retires. You can say it'd be hard to see him outside the title picture, but remember that the one time Cena was not in a title match at WrestleMania was to make way for an enormous dream match (with The Rock). This would be a similar situation. Also, the match being for title is not completely outside the realm of possibility either, although Taker would obviously have to vacate or drop it soon after Mania if it was.

To answer your question, all you need to do is cue the chorus of Vince McMahon's theme music.

I know the IWC is obsessed with Dean Ambrose, and WWE is very high on him however, they're not going to waste an Undertaker match on Ambrose. He would not be a legitimate threat, or believable threat to break the streak.

It's going to be John Cena vs. Undertaker at WM XXX, and no, John Cena will not break the streak.

Uhhh... No.

I wouldn't rule it out as a potential match up in say... 3-5 years (IF 'Taker is still around and doing his thing), but not at Wrestlemania XXX. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and say that Undertaker will probably face Brock Lesnar this coming year. I just don't see any other huge match ups here that will draw. I don't really think Cena vs 'Taker can realistically be set up with them both being face either. Cena is certainly no Triple H, and I don't think WWE would want Cena to be made out to the be heel against the legendary Undertaker. With The Rock's recently suffered abdominal injury, the match up with Brock Lesnar just seems more likely. Also, it's easy booking. Brock Lesnar wants to further show his dominance by defeating The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and Paul Heyman wants the glory of having one of his clients end the legendary streak. He'll then go on to claim that Brock beating 'Taker would prove that he's the best manager in the history of Professional Wrestling... even better than Paul Bearer. It fits, and it will sell PPV's. Have Brock beat up 'Taker for a several weeks, and make it seem like he has a legitimate chance of beating him.

Sorry, Ambrose fans. I'd likely try for Ambrose vs Foley. I think that could be an awesome match up if Mick can still hang.

I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility and I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the idea. Ambrose is doing some heel-erific stuff on TV right now. If he continues to get the push, and gets booked into some good feuds, I could see him getting this match if he really catches on. In all likelihood, right now, I could see this as a three on one handicap match with the Shield Vs. UT at WM XXX rather than a one on one match.

I fully support the idea of this match, but:

The Undertaker loves retribution, so he can't not go after the Shield when he does return

Hey guys, remember when Undertaker got his retribution on the Nexus after they destroyed him at Raw 900, then helped Kane bury him alive like a month later?

Oh wait!

Hopefully his grudge with The Shield doesn't get dropped like with Nexus.

I see it's now time for the internet to start turning on Ambrose. He's the indy darling when nobody cared. Then he got some success and everyone swears they were always a Dean Ambrose fan. Now it's time to say he's overrated.

This match shouldn't happen at Wrestlemania 30...Hell no..What's the point of rushing Ambrose into a Wrestlemania singles match with Undertaker?! Besides the obvious fact that Taker and Ambrose have in-ring chemistry, what's really the point of a Taker/Ambrose Wrestlemania 30 match?? I mean I get it he's talented, eccentric, etc, but why push him beyond the moon at this juncture in his career? The Shield could hold the Tag Titles and US Title for the remainder of the year and consistently defend those belts against all comers in innovative matches. I'd much rather see them give validity to the US and Tag Titles for the rest of this year instead of Taker vs Ambrose at Wrestlemania 30.

The only way this match would draw is if it was Undertaker vs. the entire Shield in a handicap match. I'd pay the full price of WrestleMania to see Undertaker beat all three of them at once.

undertaker vs dean ambrose i'll skip that
ambrose i think is so overated stephenie mcmahon has got a better physique
guy needs to go to the gym never seen a gut like that since jbl
taker vs lesner
taker vs cena
or taker vs rock much better options:blush:

I say why not? They have a while to continue to build Ambrose, and they are going have have to stop relying on people like The Rock and Lesner at some point so why not now? I wanted to see Cena vs Taker at Mania 30 because it would give that real feel of the streak being in jeopardy, but I think the WWE continuing to build the next stars is more important at this point. Ambrose has been built up well, and a lot can happen between now and Mania. I hear a lot of people over the years say the streak should be used to put over an up and coming star so why can't that guy be Dean Ambrose.

I fully support the idea of this match, but:

Hey guys, remember when Undertaker got his retribution on the Nexus after they destroyed him at Raw 900, then helped Kane bury him alive like a month later?

Oh wait!

Hopefully his grudge with The Shield doesn't get dropped like with Nexus.

Call me crazy, but that might have something to do with the fact that, by the time Taker came back at Wrestlemania, the Nexus were completely irrelevant.

One instance of a future feud being dropped doesn't negate the point that coming back for retribution is what the Undertaker does. He's done against Yokozuna, he's done it against Mankind, he's done it against Randy Orton. He keeps doing it against Kane. The Nexus were irrelevant and had no heat when he returned, so that feud was scrapped.

I can't see the Shield falling as far as the Nexus did in the next few months.

Ambrose is good but I'm just not convinced he is the right choice. It would be a great match but this could be his last ever WrestleMania and I'm not entirely sure he is a big enough name. If Undertaker is to wrestle his last (or penultimate) Mania he needs a big name: Cena, Lesnar, The Rock, Kane - take your pick. Ambrose may well be a great in a few years but for this Wresltmania he is not the right choice.

I have no objection if Ambrose continuous to be booked well over the next 7 months, but I think his taunting of Taker at Payback is more of a set up for something at Summerslam between The Shield and The Brothers of Destruction.

I actually thought that would be where they lost for the first time but that ship sailed on last weeks Smackdown. Maybe it will be a handicap HIAC or Buried Alive match.

I don't see Ambrose going against Taker at WM. I don't think it's a big money match that WWE want at WM 30, the only match I see Taker in is against Cena. For me personally, I would much prefer Cena in that match anyway, it's a dream match and as much as I like Ambrose it's not a dream match for me personally. I'm not really sure you could stretch a feud between Ambrose and Taker all the way until WM but you never know. But I see it being at SummerSlam whether it's Ambrose on his own or The Shield as a whole, either way it should be entertaining.

I don't like the idea of a Undertaker vs Ambrose Match at WrestleMania, I personally do not see what people see in Ambrose and why people think he is so great.

The Undertaker matches at WrestleMania are long and dragged out and I don`t think Ambrose can work a long match like that, and plus would you really believe that Ambrose could end the streak, I mean REALLY believe it.

I would love too see that match at WM.
But 30 is too big, And i Still hope/expect Brock Vs Taker.

And I just Don't see Taker working past 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back