Report: Huge Update On Dean Ambrose Future

That N Word

Actively evolving
Monday on RAW, Dean Ambrose was added to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Payback after defeating Seth Rollins, making the title match a fatal-four-way between Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Randy Orton. Yes, all three former members of The Shield will be competing for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

On an edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, there was some speculation that either Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose will turn heel, join The Authority, and assist Rollins in retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Both Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez speculated that someone would be helping Rollins win the match because of the backstage segment between Kane and Rollins where Kane assured Rollins that he “had a plan” after Ambrose was added to the match. Meltzer is certain that WWE won’t be turning Reigns heel anytime soon, which leaves Ambrose as the one most likely to turn during the match.

Since The Shield’s demise, Dean Ambrose has been one of the most popular superstars on WWE’s roster, but he hasn’t reached the main-event level that both Rollins and Reigns have, and a heel turn at Payback might just do the trick. Furthermore, Ambrose has said in the past that he never envisioned himself as a babyface, and he strongly prefers being a heel. Furthermore, during Kane’s tirade several weeks ago on RAW, he claimed that The Authority made Seth Rollins the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and they could have done the same thing with Dean Ambrose if they wanted to. So, there was perhaps some foreshadowing there.

The idea of Ambrose joining The Authority could lead to Rollins being kicked out of the group in favor of Ambrose at some point in the distant future.
There is also some speculation that at some point during the fatal-four-way match at Payback, Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns will gang up on Orton in an effort to take him out of the match, leaving the three former Shield members to do battle.

The fatal-four-way match at Payback will be the first time (since NXT) that all three of the former members of The Shield will be competing against each other in the same match, which will be interesting to see. As of right now, Seth Rollins is the strong favorite to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the pay-per-view, and a Dean Ambrose heel turn could help him do just that.

SOURCE: http://wwe264.blogspot.com/2015/05/huge-update-on-dean-ambrose-future.html

Right now, Ambrose is over as he hell. Right now, while Reigns is no longer getting booed. There is no way to be certain the boo's won't come back.

WWE is looking to make the next face of WWE and right now they only have 4 REAL options Reigns,Bryan,Ziggler,and Ambrose. Let's be real Bryan is too banged up for the spot,Ziggler may be leaving. That only leaves Ambrose and Reigns.

WWE will fuck up big time by making either of the two turn heel at Payback because they are the only two options to be the face of the company. Right now, they have Reigns slowly getting over and they should stick with him as the guy.

However, I would keep Ambrose face as the backup plan. Just in case, Reigns push backfires again.
Only way I would turn Ambrose heel and put him in The Authority is if he is a tweener and not really a heel. Think about it Ambrose helps Rollins retain and has a feud with Orton and Reigns playing a heel. However, not a coward heel but a badass one who will fight and not run.

In this scenario, he still doesn't like Rollins and is constantly teasing him with MITB cash ins. The Authority would be using Ambrose to basically get back at Rollins cocky attitude. And in the end, it is revealed as Ambrose setting them up to become champion. And he cashes in his briefcase on the RTWM in the middle of the Reigns/Rollins feud (which people would think would be the Mania main event until he does.) At Mania, him or Reigns wins (based off who WWE wants as the face of the company.)

But I would love to see them all put their fist with each other in the end all becoming faces to end WrestleMania.

It was my first thought when I heard Dean Ambrose was in the WWE Championship match! I was speculated to see The Shield drive Randy Orton through the commentary table with the Triple Powerbomb!!

And yes, when Kane said "trust me, I got a plan" I too thought the same that Dean might turn heel at some point during Payback. It won't be Roman Reigns turning heel because, I don't see Vince pressing the panic button on him so soon.

But with Dean turning heel, in one perspective it's a good choice because heel Dean can be crazy and run wild and will get tons of heat from the crowd just because he showed his back on them. But what if turning heel kills his momentum and shut him down?

Time tells. I don't wanna trust any rumours as of now. Let's see what happens at Payback!

Cheers!!

I think that Ambrose will be a sort of "Stone Cold" type character. The crowd loves him too much to be a heel, and not only did he not want to be a babyface, but he is not babyface material.

WWE will screw up if they try to make Dean a pure heel. I fear another Cesaro type senario will happen.

It's speculation but it's not that far off what I thought would happen.

I'm think maybe someone else though. Ambrose really needs something else to jump start his career and being an underling in The Authority is not the right vehicle.

Perhaps Ambrose will feud with whomever interferes with the title match (cross my fingers on Rusev)

Not sure how I feel about this situation. Ambrose is and I hate the word, the perfect "tweener". He can take on anyone and make you believe that he has just cause in doing so. Yea he's one of the most over guys on the roster, and I think that's part of the reason.

He doesn't need the Authority like Rollins does, or a mega push like Reigns. He got himself over with no effort on his part. The fans just love him. Turning him heel might take away from the momentum he has built up. Let's face it the guy has lost almost every feud and match he's been in, and the fans don't seem to care, they love him anyway.

The biggest reason they like him, is because of the way he went after Rollins. For once a feud actually made sense. Rollins stabbed him in the back and he reacted the same way anyone else would, he wanted to kill him. I also think that's what hurt Reigns in a way. It seemed like he didn't care about what Rollins did and was content to just go off and do other things. The WWE missed the boat big time on that. If they has switched up Ambrose with Reigns, I believe Reigns would be world champion now, and he would be the one over with the crowd. Ambrose would be the one struggling.

It also doesn't make sense for Ambrose to align himself with a group that tried their hardest to wipe him off the roster. What would he gain by doing that? Absolutely nothing. Can anyone really see him being buddy buddy with Rollins right now? They've spent the better part of the last year trying to drive a wedge between the former Shield members and now they want them to work together. Doesn't make sense.

The Authority also thinks Ambrose is nuts and can't be controlled, so why have a another volatile situation on your hands. They can barely keep Kane and Rollins apart right now. Throw Ambrose in there, and the whole thing will implode.

Needless to say I will be very disappointed if he turns heel and joins the Authority.

My knee jerk reaction is to poo-poo an Ambrose heel turn, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. I'd prefer he turn heel and not join the Authority. It would be retreading Rollins' path too heavily, especially with Ambrose being in the top 3 most likely to win MITB next month. Ambrose knows how to manipulate a crowd, so he likely has the ability to avoid being too cool and getting cheered.

Characterwise it makes sense, he's a lunatic who's likely frustrated with coming up short all the time. He lost out on MITB, the IC title, KOTR, and had a massive PPV losing streak that would cause one to be frustrated. He'd have to change his look and alter his theme to avoid the pop at first. Does he switch to tights?

WWE needs more top heels. Neville and Zayn have debuted as faces. Ambrose is at best fifth top face, he could easily be second top heel. Someone needs to turn in my opinion, and Ambrose is an excellent candidate.

Joining the Authority and winning MITB would be way too much of repeating Rollins' storyline, although they could build that into a long term story. Ambrose in the Authority would liven up that stale angle, but not enough to make it truly fresh. J&J need to go, Show and Kane need to take a back seat, and some new blood needs to fill lower roles.

All in all, an Ambrose heel turn is a fantastic idea that casual fans won't see coming but won't be so left field or out of character that it wouldn't be digestible. Here's to an Ambrose heel turn.

I actually think if Ambrose did turn heel he could easily surpass Rollins as the top heel, and that's something that I think they would want to avoid doing, to be quite honest.

Ambrose has so many layers to his character, they've barely managed to scratch the surface. Once this guy let's loose, he'll be the number one whatever they want him to be.

If this happens, I will stop watching the WWE. That is just too absolutely stupid and would represent every problem I have with wrestling. He has only been a face for a little more than a year after a long period of being the villain. That would make no sense considering his history with Rollins.

Admittedly, Ambrose and Reigns drifting apart makes sense as they didn't really get along and Rollins was the glue who kept them together. But you do get the impression based on subsequent events that while Ambrose might've been willing to eliminate Reigns in the Rumble, he wouldn't have outright betrayed him (as Reigns did the same to both Ambrose and Rollins that same night, it wasn't a big deal).

My problem with the WWE right now is that it doesn't feel like anyone is going through any character development. Randy Orton is one of the few cases where the writing has adequately explained why he changed. But Tyson and Kidd? The Bella twins? Naomi? Their turns made little-to-no sense. An Ambrose turn would make little to no sense.

Edit: Another issue with an Ambrose turn is that he more-or-less played the same cowardly heel as Rollins when he was a bad guy...except he was significantly weaker. I remember him getting trashed by Mark Henry, who was squashed by Roman Reigns a week later. Story wise, it seems like the Authority tends to soften its members. Rollins was portrayed as a genuinely dangerous heel on his own even during his early stages in the Authority. Randy Orton only became strong again once he started leaving their shadow. Kane is weaker than he has ever been before. Ambrose is already booked as a loser, so unless they make a point at booking him as an unstoppable monster heel, he can only look worse for it.

On another note, Ambrose and Reigns will likely fight. I'm not entirely sure how Ambrose can turn heel within such a context, unless he attacks Reigns after the match. So Kane's plan- if this is what it is- wouldn't make much sense.

So they're gonna turn the guy who is extremely popular with fans instead of the guy who isn't nearly as popular and is in need of a heel turn ?

I agree with the above posters that it should be Roman that turns heel. As it would be very easy for Roman to play off the crowds vocal dislike of him.

Dean Ambrose would only benefit from such a turn, as he would most likely be on the other end of it. It would create an interesting feud for both Roman and Dean, continuing to build these two into legit main eventers.

Isn't it a great time to be a fan of WWE? So many talented youngsters and so many options that the WWE could take that would make us happy. They wouldn't screw this up... would they?

I agree with the above posters that it should be Roman that turns heel. As it would be very easy for Roman to play off the crowds vocal dislike of him.

Dean Ambrose would only benefit from such a turn, as he would most likely be on the other end of it. It would create an interesting feud for both Roman and Dean, continuing to build these two into legit main eventers.

Isn't it a great time to be a fan of WWE? So many talented youngsters and so many options that the WWE could take that would make us happy. They wouldn't screw this up... would they?

Hopefully not. I wish both Dean and Roman the best for the futures. I just hate WWE trying to force the stars on us, instead on letting them develop naturally on their own.

This.

Whilst Reigns has indeed improved as time has gone on, the more vocal sections of the fans would still pick Ambrose over Reigns "every day of the week and twice on Sundays" at this point and thus, turning Ambrose Heel whilst leaving Reigns as a Babyface would be making the same mistake they did going into the Royal Rumble and would only undo all the good work Reigns has done since the Boofest in Philly.

If anything, as pointed out above, a Roman Heel turn and push would do wonders for the WWE Landscape at this point, lMO, with Brock going babyface and Rusev no longer undefeated, there is a huge Monster Heel sized spot available and Reigns would be a great choice for that at this time, lMO.

Roman turning heel be an admission of defeat on WWE's part, so I doubt they'd go there. Do any of you guys suggesting the Roman heel turn truly think that's the way to go, that heel is his best option? As in the best thing for Roman the character, Roman the wrestler, and the heel scene altogether?

No. I'm not going to type here and argue the "if he turns heel, he'll just be cheered" argument, that's a broken argument as modern heels need to be find ways to be uncool. What Reigns needs is experience. He's still green, time is the only thing that's going to get him over. Pulling the plug on his face run is not only an omission of guilt, it's also causing an inexperienced guy to have to change gears when he's still getting the hang of his character.

The heel turn could flop. Ambrose is the more experienced man. He knows how to work the crowd, he knows what to say and how to act in order to be hated and not cheered. Roman doesn't have those natural predilections or instincts that Ambrose exudes. Roman could develope, but he's far from there.

Ambrose has stated he prefers to play heel, so let him do what he loves. Ambrose has had a decent face run, he's over like crazy and it's only marred by creative's decision to place him on such a long PPV losing streak, which will be forgettable. All good face runs come to an end. WWE is weak for top heels right now, and putting the greenest part of the main event in that spot doesn't make sense, Ambrose does.

Does Roman need a heel turn, or do we just hate the way his green horns have been jammed down our gullets? I'd argue the latter. Roman should turn in a few years when he's hit his stride. He's getting poor reactions in the smarkier cities, but that's fading. Ambrose is a good face, but he's a great heel. As a face, he's fifth in line at best. As a heel, he could be second to Rollins. Roman needs to grow in his role more, Ambrose needs a new role to grow. Ambrose vs Bryan in an IC title fued and forming a new two man power trip with Rollins would be sweet. Ambrose as heel over Reigns.

Edit: Ambrose's character will change like Jericho's did in 2008, he'll make himself booed over Roman.

I don't get why they'd need to turn Roman Reigns heel, as he's generally not getting any boos. He probably will be booed when he fights Orton or Ambrose, but he has mostly shaken off the backlash since Wrestlemania. To me, a heel turn from him would be just as bad as Ambrose turning heel. We don't need any of this convoluted crap. Have Rollins win due to craftiness. Maybe have Kane turn face, but turning any of the good guys heel would be bad writing no matter how you look at it.

Dean will be turned because WWE are probably enraged by him scooping Roman's heat. Makes sense only in WWE that the most over and well-rounded of the three be demoted to mid card, then turned heel in order to stop him getting any more popular.

Still, gotta reach for that brass ring!

Ambrose has the most potential to be the very top babyface than anyone has on the roster. They just can't seem to cut him loose. Turning him heel right now will do no good. Yes, he will find a way to be hated, even more than Rollins is, but with correct booking he has so much more to offer as a face.

Can't they find another way for the match to end? The more I think about it the more difficult it is for me to think of something though. So, I believe the match will indeed end by outside interference. They won't have Rollins pin anybody of those guys clean. My initial thought was Reigns spears Orton, Rollins pushes him outside the ring and with Ambrose taken out earlier, he pins Orton. But Reigns already speared Orton accidentally on Raw.

My point is, if you want someone to help Rollins, introduce a new member for the Authority without it being Ambrose or Reigns. Siding Ambrose with Rollins seems so illogical, not matter what reason they provide us with. And surely if they are thinking of doing this in order to take all the heat away from Reings it is pointless. Reigns is already cheered by the people that will hate Ambrose if that happens.

I actually think if Ambrose did turn heel he could easily surpass Rollins as the top heel, and that's something that I think they would want to avoid doing, to be quite honest.

Ambrose has so many layers to his character, they've barely managed to scratch the surface. Once this guy let's loose, he'll be the number one whatever they want him to be.

Yeah I agree. Ambrose is a PHENOMENAL talent, and like I have said many times before on these forums, if you haven't seen his promos as John Moxley on the indies, WATCH THEM. He was such an sadistic, crazy character and we haven't seen a 1/10th of what he is capable of in WWE. A heel turn, or at least making him a tweener with more heel tendencies would allow him so much more freedom to unleash this other side of his personality.

The way he talked was exactly like Heath Ledger's Joker, and being a heel would give him the opportunity to go further, become more twisted and evil and I have no doubt he'd end up as WWE's top heel almost immediately if they truly let him loose. It's a shame we aren't still in the Attitude Era as Ambrose's hardcore background and Mox personality would fit in perfectly.

The thing is, Dean Ambrose is actually really over right now despite the fact that for quite a while he wasn't being booked in anything meaningful. There are only a handful of superstars that are popular enough to continue being as popular as they are without being relevant on the current roster, Ziggler was someone in this bracket.

The best thing to do with Ambrose is be someone who doesn't have any allignments, he doesn't side with faces or heels, which is what he's been doing lately when he's attacked both Rollins and Orton.
Perhaps assaulting Roman Reigns would be the best way to get a bit more heat on him, but I don't think he needs any.

However, I would keep Ambrose face as the backup plan. Just in case, Reigns push backfires again

That's an interesting premise, but if they're to do it, I would hope they could turn Ambrose heel....but keep him independent, not attaching him to the Authority, which seems to have enough members already.

Changing Dean's fortunes and making him a main event-level star, while remaining under the wing of the Authority, would serve only to blunt his individual push, imo.

Honestly, I'm surprised the company has kept Dean face as long as they have; he's never seemed to fit the mold, has he? He's essentially been working as a heel all along.....it's just that he's been fighting heels, so we see him as a hero.

That he decisively lost his feud to Bray Wyatt made me wonder if WWE had a midcard future in mind for Ambrose. Truthfully, they haven't done anything to suggest he would be elevated.....until his inclusion in the Fatal 4-Way at Payback.

Is it a temporary promotion or a new direction?

That's an interesting premise, but if they're to do it, I would hope they could turn Ambrose heel....but keep him independent, not attaching him to the Authority, which seems to have enough members already.

Changing Dean's fortunes and making him a main event-level star, while remaining under the wing of the Authority, would serve only to blunt his individual push, imo.

Honestly, I'm surprised the company has kept Dean face as long as they have; he's never seemed to fit the mold, has he? He's essentially been working as a heel all along.....it's just that he's been fighting heels, so we see him as a hero.

That he decisively lost his feud to Bray Wyatt made me wonder if WWE had a midcard future in mind for Ambrose. Truthfully, they haven't done anything to suggest he would be elevated.....until his inclusion in the Fatal 4-Way at Payback.

Is it a temporary promotion or a new direction?

It's not a new direction. When you sit back and think about it, it's would look like it's been the plan all along. Push the other two, let them get their singles career started, before unleashing Ambrose. I remember him as Jon Moxley, and Naitch is right, he is fantastic.

When the Shield debuted Ambrose came out like the leader. He might not have been the best in the ring, but on the mic, the other two couldn't touch him. They slowly reeled him back and put Rollins out there, Reigns was always the muscle, and no reason to change that.

Ambrose was the one who was ready first. I think he's always been ready. Reigns needed the most work, and Rollins, well he needed just something. Aligning himself with the Authority did the trick. Reigns was pushed to the moon, and Ambrose was sort of left behind, but for a reason. Ambrose has always been the one who needed the help the least.

The heel turned worked for Rollins and his feud with Ambrose, was the feud of the year. Reigns suffered because of it. It seemed that he didn't care much. They should have put him against Orton instead of Big Show. That's how he lost his momentum. Ambrose just continued to cruise along, losing matches, but the fans didn't care. They loved him.

If they were going to turn Reigns heel, the best time to do it would have been after the Rumble. He got boo'd out of Philly, and we all knew Lesnar was coming into Mania as a face. Now to turn him heel, would undo all the hard work that they've put into putting him over as a face since Mania. it would also show that they have no faith in him as their next top face. The fans have stopped booing him, so let him continue as he is. If they do turn him heel and that fails, then he's dead in the water.

Ambrose on the other hand could go either way. If they turn him heel and let him loose, then Rollins had just better hand him the belt at Payback. Ambrose will out-heel him any day of the week. You also have the issue of Ambrose being cheered as a heel if he goes into a feud with Reigns.

Dean Ambrose is a diamond in the rough for the WWE, and if they use him properly, then he will become the top guy, heel or face. Putting him against Reigns would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make right now.

I could see Ambrose going heel though, personally, I'm of the opinion that Roman Reigns could benefit more from going heel and joining The Authority. I don't see Reigns being accepted as a strong babyface by a healthy number of fan, at least not right now. If Reigns continues to improve in areas where he needs it, being sort of sheltered among The Authority is a good way to protect him while keeping him in plain sight; also, since he took out Big Show in a Last Man Standing match, he could fit in as the newer, younger muscle/enforcer of The Authority.

In the case of Ambrose, there's definitely some Stone Cold Steve Austin & "Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman in Ambrose's "Lunatic Fringe" persona, the guy's frequently billed and behaves like a crazy asshole who doesn't care about his safety as long as he can take a piece of the other guy out with him. Fans can rally around that sort of nontraditional babyface/tweener type of character and, at this particular point in time, fans are more likely to rally behind Dean Ambrose as WWE World Heavyweight Champion than Roman Reigns. As I alluded to earlier, they can try again with Reigns at a later time, I wouldn't do it during WrestleMania season, but what Vince may have hoped, or still does hope for that matter, to happen with Reigns just doesn't seem feasible right now.

I think it would be a mistake to turn Reigns or Ambrose heel at this point. A Reigns heel turn may have a good idea at Mania, but now the time has passed and he's doing fine as the next big face of the company. Ambrose is super over right now and getting the biggest pops of the night each week, no point in taking that away from him and us at this point. And just to mention, no point in turning Orton either. The only person that needs to turn during this match is Kane, once and for all. They gotta turn him while people are still somewhat interested in the Kane/Rollins rivalry. WWE tends to drag these things out too long to the point when people don't care anymore.

They should give Rollins at least one legit win without someone carrying him around. If they want to turn someone heel/tweener/anti-hero it can be done gradually with both Reigns and Ambrose blaming each other for letting Rollins win followed by a feud between them. Whosoever turns i wish they let him be an outlaw not bound to anything or attached to anyone.

They could just have the Shield reunite at the end of the title match and put a beat down on Orton. They go back to heels as they originally were and act like the Horsemen, providing muscle to keep the belt on Rollins.

On the one hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Ambrose turn heel. I have followed Ambrose since his Moxley days as well, and I can safely say that the guy can do some INCREDIBLE stuff given the green light to go as a heel. A year or so back, I remember commenting on a thread saying that I believed Ambrose would be a lifelong heel. I NEVER expected him to work as a face... but that's pro-wrestling for you.

On the other hand, he's very over right now and if he were to turn, he should absolutely NOT join The Authority. It would hurt the character in my opinion and ultimately make it harder for Ambrose to rejuvenate that fan following he has right now. How exactly would he turn at Payback without joining The Authority though? It's not possible in a Fatal 4 Way scenario... were he to bash Orton in the head with a chair, it would seem exactly in character for Dean. Sooo, the only option for a heel turn is to help Rollins... I hope this doesn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back