Did you know?

theblasterkid

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ever since Wrestlemania 31 at least one Shield member has been on a PPV either Champion or challenging for the WWE Championship, #1 Contender's Match, or the WWE Universal Championship? This year's Royal Rumble match will mark the end of the streak with John Cena challenging AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.

Here are the facts:

Wrestlemania 31 - Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Extreme Rules '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Randy Orton

Payback '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton

Elimination Chamber '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Money in the Bank '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Battleground '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

Summerslam '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena (c) - Title for Title

Night of Champions '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Sting

Hell in a Cell '15 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Kane

Survivor Series '15 - Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns (c)

TLC '15 - Sheamus (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Royal Rumble '16 - 30 Man Royal Rumble for WWE Championship - Roman Reigns (c)

Fastlane '16 - Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose - #1 Contender's match for the WWE Championship.

Wrestlemania 32 - Triple H (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Payback '16 - Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

Extreme Rules '16 - Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

Money in the Bank '16 - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Battleground '16 - Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns

Summerslam '16 - Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler | Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins - Inaugural WWE Universal Championship

Backlash '16 - Dean Ambrose (c) vs. AJ Styles

Clash of Champions - Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins

No Mercy '16 - AJ Styles (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena

Hell in a Cell '16 - Kevin Owens (c) w/Chris Jericho vs. Seth Rollins

Survivor Series '16 - Excluded because all three Shield members were in Survivor Series main event along with both brand Champions.

TLC '16 - AJ Styles (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Roadblock '16: End of the Line - Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns

See the pattern? I for one want to see other people in the main event. The Shield has been over-saturated to a point where I care less if they reunited. They never stop teasing it either and Roman's theme makes it worse. We need fresh faces in the main event. The Shield members need to be put on the back burner for now.

Ever since Wrestlemania 31 at least one Shield member has been on a PPV either Champion or challenging for the WWE Championship, #1 Contender's Match, or the WWE Universal Championship? This year's Royal Rumble match will mark the end of the streak with John Cena challenging AJ Styles for the WWE Championship.
You dont say? I guess Roman Reigns isnt member of Shield because he challenges KO at Rumble for Universal Championship. So, The Strak lives, The Streak lives. :lol:

Evolution has over 30 major Championships. If you count Flair that is over 45. And you still would very much care if they reunite. What I am trying to say is that if you build someone major like they did with Evolution and The Shield of course you are gona bank on them. And as far as I am concerned they deserved it, that 3 guys(and maybe 4 horsewomen) are maybe only thing successfull WWE created in recent years. So they can triple powerbomb Lesnar or Goldberg as much as they want.

The streak will continue at the Royal Rumble as Roman Reigns is challenging for the Universal Championship.

When it does end though, Dean Ambrose will most likely be the streak breaker. I predict Roman will win the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble so it doesn't really matter what else Seth is doing over on RAW as Roman will be the champion/challenging for the Championship through WrestleMania and RAW's first brand exclusive PPV.

On the other side you have Smackdown and Dean Ambrose, it COULD end at Elimination Chamber but you'd have to figure Dean would be in whatever Chamber match they decide to have whether it's a Championship or #1 Contenders match. I expect it'll end on the first Smackdown brand exclusive PPV post WrestleMania.

You dont say? I guess Roman Reigns isnt member of Shield because he challenges KO at Rumble for Universal Championship. So, The Strak lives, The Streak lives. :lol:

Evolution has over 30 major Championships. If you count Flair that is over 45. And you still would very much care if they reunite. What I am trying to say is that if you build someone major like they did with Evolution and The Shield of course you are gona bank on them. And as far as I am concerned they deserved it, that 3 guys(and maybe 4 horsewomen) are maybe only thing successfull WWE created in recent years. So they can triple powerbomb Lesnar or Goldberg as much as they want.

But the OP is right though. It's been mentioned many times on the Live Discussion threads how many times we've seen a main event match with a member of the Shield in it. Now don't get me wrong I'm a huge Shield mark, but yea they have become just a little over saturated.

When Evolution was in their prime, you had other members of the roster that were just as big name wise than they were, HBK, The Rock and others. In the Shield's case the WWE has thrown their considerable weight behind them since they broke up. Rollins and Ambrose will always be okay, it's Reigns that seems to bother people. But yea elevate some other people, I'm getting tired of watching the same 4 guys battle it out every Monday.

When Evolution was in their prime, you had other members of the roster that were just as big name wise than they were, HBK, The Rock and others. In the Shield's case the WWE has thrown their considerable weight behind them since they broke up. Rollins and Ambrose will always be okay, it's Reigns that seems to bother people. But yea elevate some other people, I'm getting tired of watching the same 4 guys battle it out every Monday.

And now you have Cena, AJ, KO and Jericho, Strowman, you had Balor who they tried to build by giving him two clean wins against two Shield members before he injured. You even had women maineventing PPVs now. You probably have Nakamura and Samoa Joe incoming for that mainevent scene too. Not to mention part timers like Lesnar and Goldberg or HHH.

I get where OP and you are going with it but having one Shield member in title picture while the other one is kinda lost in weird face turn and third is in midcard isnt that bad. Especially since all 3 of them were kinda groomed for that spots from beggining so its expected.

Did we know? Yes we knew. But what are you complaining about? For years up until the Shield debuted, all people did was bitch and moan about Cena being shoved down people's throats. Orton has the title and we're bored. Oh look it's Cena and Orton again. Blah blah blah... Then you get a faction in The Shield... that gave you three main event stars from no prior exposure to the main roster... and you complain?

No member of The Shield has floundered. Ambrose bores me because there's something missing from him. He's Brian Pillman. He's British Bulldog. Missing that "it" factor. I don't get all the Reigns hate. He's fine in the ring. He's got the look. Deal with it. Rollins is great. He just needs an extra layer to him and he'll be a superstar. So yes they're going to get pushed. They were successful as a team. They're successful as solo stars. What else do you want WWE to do? Bryan would have been in the fold but injuries put him on the shelf. Balor was brought up and given the title... injured. So there's two guys WWE tried to give the ball to but got derailed. You were also given Owens from NXT who has been great. AJ Styles was brought in and no pun intended... has been absolutely phenomenal. Jericho is in the mix but wants to get back to music. He's already been around longer than ever anticipated. Jericho was supposed to be done in the summer but you can even slap the title on him for a bit to help get someone over. Eventually, you'll get Braun as well.

Point being... when The Shield are three main event guys that can perform well up and down the card out of maybe... 8-10 guys... broken into two shows... you're going to see them and you're going to see a lot of them. What do you want them to do? Go randomly feud with Sami Zayn, Corbin, Miz (which Dean is), and guys in New Day? Give me a break. A faction groomed three stars from the day they debuted and as a faction... EVERY SINGLE PERSON out there got behind them. Until the internet decided Roman wasn't cool. So now that you're complaining you see The Shield too much... you honestly only have yourself to blame.

Did we know? Yes we knew. But what are you complaining about? For years up until the Shield debuted, all people did was bitch and moan about Cena being shoved down people's throats. Orton has the title and we're bored. Oh look it's Cena and Orton again. Blah blah blah... Then you get a faction in The Shield... that gave you three main event stars from no prior exposure to the main roster... and you complain?

No member of The Shield has floundered. Ambrose bores me because there's something missing from him. He's Brian Pillman. He's British Bulldog. Missing that "it" factor. I don't get all the Reigns hate. He's fine in the ring. He's got the look. Deal with it. Rollins is great. He just needs an extra layer to him and he'll be a superstar. So yes they're going to get pushed. They were successful as a team. They're successful as solo stars. What else do you want WWE to do? Bryan would have been in the fold but injuries put him on the shelf. Balor was brought up and given the title... injured. So there's two guys WWE tried to give the ball to but got derailed. You were also given Owens from NXT who has been great. AJ Styles was brought in and no pun intended... has been absolutely phenomenal. Jericho is in the mix but wants to get back to music. He's already been around longer than ever anticipated. Jericho was supposed to be done in the summer but you can even slap the title on him for a bit to help get someone over. Eventually, you'll get Braun as well.

Point being... when The Shield are three main event guys that can perform well up and down the card out of maybe... 8-10 guys... broken into two shows... you're going to see them and you're going to see a lot of them. What do you want them to do? Go randomly feud with Sami Zayn, Corbin, Miz (which Dean is), and guys in New Day? Give me a break. A faction groomed three stars from the day they debuted and as a faction... EVERY SINGLE PERSON out there got behind them. Until the internet decided Roman wasn't cool. So now that you're complaining you see The Shield too much... you honestly only have yourself to blame.

Agree with the sentiment, disagree with the Reigns defense/Ambrose criticism. See to me, Ambrose isn't missing anything when he's booked well. And neither were Bulldog or Pillman. I loved watching those guys. It's Reigns that's missing something. He's ok in the ring and has the look, but that's where it ends. He's better as a silent enforcer. He's Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

Agree with the sentiment, disagree with the Reigns defense/Ambrose criticism. See to me, Ambrose isn't missing anything when he's booked well. And neither were Bulldog or Pillman. I loved watching those guys. It's Reigns that's missing something. He's ok in the ring and has the look, but that's where it ends. He's better as a silent enforcer. He's Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

Oh I agree. But Reigns is just fine. Are there aspects for him to improve? Hell yes. But me personally... I'd rather see a title match with Reigns than a title match with Ambrose. Ambrose is like a poor man's Stone Cold to me. He's just never been booked well IMO. For me... he's just the least interesting of the three.

Longer streak than that. The Rumble of 2015 title match also featured Rollins (vs Cena vs Lesnar), while Fasthane had Reigns defend his #1 contendership (vs Bryan)

Adding more criteria to include grudge match ppv main events; TLC 2014, Wyatt vs Ambrose. Before that, Survivor Series, was Team Cena vs Team Authority (feat Rollins). Before THAT, Ambrose vs Rollins at Hell in a Cell. And before THAAAT... well it was Lesnar vs Cena at Night of Champions... and Seth Rollins interfered.

So, yup, I knew.

Well...yeah, I typed this kind of tired. The streak does go on due to the fact Royal Rumble is a joint brand PPV. My problem with it is over-saturation as said in the OP. On Smackdown, I would like to see Styles versus Corbin, Styles versus Miz, Styles versus Crews, etc. On Raw, Owens versus Zayn, Owens Versus Strowman, Owens versus Cesaro, and so forth. The major title matches on PPVs always involving one Shield maybe is limiting potential matchups. I guess some of you like seeing the same shit.

Well...yeah, I typed this kind of tired. The streak does go on due to the fact Royal Rumble is a joint brand PPV. My problem with it is over-saturation as said in the OP. On Smackdown, I would like to see Styles versus Corbin, Styles versus Miz, Styles versus Crews, etc. On Raw, Owens versus Zayn, Owens Versus Strowman, Owens versus Cesaro, and so forth. The major title matches on PPVs always involving one Shield maybe is limiting potential matchups. I guess some of you like seeing the same shit.

So basically you want to see a bunch of main event matches with no selling power and no main event talent? We've seen Owens/Zayn like 6 times already between Raw and NXT. Great matches? Of course. Sami isn't over though. He needs layers. Strowman isn't main event yet. Cesaro will probably never be in the main event. Corbin is still a little green. Miz could get elevated next year. Crews.... MAYBE he can get a victory over Tyler Breeze. It ends there.

Members of the Shield aren't "limiting" matches. Every single one of them makes the most sense and are the most entertaining because they've earned it. You don't just throw someone into the main event just because you want something new.

Yupp I knew about it. How? I had read a report about how many PPVs have gone without John Cena in the main event of those particular PPVs and had even posted a thread about it.

It's quite expected too. The Shield was one of the best stables in this 2k1ish decade. It could be even be the best.

The main event of every PPV mainly relies first on a part timer like Triple H, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker. Then comes the turn of Shield mates. These three are almost stars. But these three are obviously above the others left. It maybe argued that it ain't so in terms of talent and rightfully so but you shouldn't be shocked if you get to see more Shield in the main event.

I still think it'll be Styles vs Miz at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship.

Styles vs Crews may happen...as a way for Styles to squash Crews. Crews will not be ANYWHERE near a main event feud for years, if ever.

Corbin will eventually be there, but not this year.

We are going to see Styles vs Cena, Styles vs Ambrose, Styles vs Miz. Those I think will be the 3 big Smackdown Live feuds this year.

For RAW, like it or not, Roman Reigns is going to be a main event player for years to come. So will Seth Rollins. Owens vs Zayn will always produce great matches, but until they make Sami Zayn a character that EVERYONE can get behind, it won't be him. Strowman is going to be a main eventer in the very near future, but I don't look forward to matches between him and Owens. I'd rather see him against a natural babyface than a natural heel. Cesaro won't be a main eventer until Vince steps completely away. Vince just doesn't think he has it to be a prime time player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back