Dean Ambrose needs a new entrance theme song

CM Steel

A REAL American
Dean Ambrose is becoming a star right before our eyes. Many believed that post the Shield Dean Ambrose was going to be a strong mid-carder in the WWE. But instead he's in the main event scene side by side with John Cena. We've seen Dean Ambrose use a new finishing move on RAW on Monday on John Cena. But what about a new entrance theme song for Ambrose? The current one he's uses sounds like a remix of Crash Holly's old theme track (may he rest in peace). Now if the WWE is serious about pushing Dean Ambrose as a big star much like they are pushing Roman Reigns, then this have to do it right. Look at Seth Rollins after the Shield break-up, top knotch grooming of his character.

No an entrance theme song doesn't make the wrestler but it does help bring out the wrestler's persona a little bit more (i.e. Zack Ryder). But in your opinion, does Dean Ambrose need a new entrance theme song? I say yes.

Yeah without question, CFO$ is responsible for the generic Rollins Ambrose and Cesaro themes. Jim Johnston would create something awesome. I do however like the chainsaw stinger and would like to see that stay. CFO$ has to go.

Yeah without question, CFO$ is responsible for the generic Rollins Ambrose and Cesaro themes. Jim Johnston would create something awesome. I do however like the chainsaw stinger and would like to see that stay. CFO$ has to go.

I don't necessarely mind him, sometimes he hits the mark (Love the Sami Zayn theme and actually don't mind the Cesaro one)

But yeah Ambrose and Rollins need better themes.

(Was about to write as a joke that Rollins should enter to the sound of Judas by Lady Gaga, then I listened to the song and actually it would be kinda of awesome as an entrance theme if one skips the whole intro http://youtu.be/wagn8Wrmzuc?t=48s)

honestly, i like Dean Ambrose's theme song as it kinda fits and it's not as bad as it could be. would new music be better, possibly, but i don't hate it and i could listen to that music. now Seth Rollins does need better entrance music. his entrance music just sounds way too generic that it's kinda got to go. give Rollins better music, as for Ambrose, if they want to go ahead, but i don't hate his music like i do Rollins.

Don't see the problem with Dean's theme song thus far. I actually like it and it fits him well enough. Stone Cold had the glass breaking, Cena has his schtick and Ambrose has some sort of revving up.

Now Cesaro's theme song, that needs changing asap. Rollins' as well isn't a favourite of mine either, he also could use something different eventually.

I say no. Ambrose has a tune that is pretty catchy to me. It is easily identifiable and the rev up noise gets the crowd to pop. I feel that it fits his character perfectly. I see mention of Rollins and Cesaro as well. I actually like Rollins music as well. It seems fitting and has a decent sound. Now Cesaro, I hate his music. I hate the sirens and how much the music is not fitting to his character. If I were to beg for a change to a superstars music, it would definitely be his.

While I don't hate it as much as I have other theme songs, it just seem pretty generic to me especially after the engine reving thing. That part doesn't even make sense though in regards to Ambrose. Is he a car lover or something? We don't know.

Personally I would love for him to use "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica. Is there any sort of reason behind this? Not really, but it is his entrance theme in WWE 2k14 for me and sounds sick. It's long though and would cost a fortune to use I imagine but a guy can dream.

I read on wrestlezone that Jim Johnston was working on Ambrose and Rollins' new themes since someone with a weird name (C$O or something?) did their current themes so maybe we will see new permanent themes debut soon.

Ambrose does not NEED a new entrance theme.

The one he has now is GOOD. How could you not like it? It fits his personality very well. It's like he's revving up and a ready to go crazy.

It's like Stone Cold's glass breaking theme. It didn't need lyrics. Neither does Ambrose.

Now, people who could use new themes include Rollins and Cesaro!

Rollins is OK but lacks a little something. It could use a sound effect like Brock Lesnar has at the start of his (obviously not exactly like that, but something that is effective).

Cesaro's is just weird. IMO the air siren one was better than the current one but I guess a lot of people didn't like that one either.

Ambrose does not NEED a new entrance theme.

The one he has now is GOOD. How could you not like it? It fits his personality very well. It's like he's revving up and a ready to go crazy.

It's like Stone Cold's glass breaking theme. It didn't need lyrics. Neither does Ambrose.

Honestly I never even liked Austin's theme. Just felt a bit generic.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. What are your favorite entrance themes then?

Seems a bit OT but nevertheless, the ones that first come to my mind are Orton (the current one), DX, Shawn Micheals, Kurt Angle, Undertaker. Of more recent ones I quite like Zayn's theme and absolutely love Wyatt's theme, and Steen's and Cabana's RoH themes.

Personally I think that a theme song should at least have a catchy/iconic melody and "tone", Austin's one had the glass breaking but afterwards it was pretty boring guitar riff, Ambrose's is just that but with a far less recognizable rev up instead of the glass breaking. I won't deny that they both fitted the character, but they're both far less than memorable (honestly, when someone mentioned Austin's theme song I had to go and find it on youtube because I really couldn't remember it)

If Triple H is never gonna use "my time" again, somebody else should pick it up lol always loved that theme and the overall entrance.

Dean Ambrose does need a new entrance theme. I have tried to give this one a chance but it's not particularly great and it would fit better for someone with a biker gimmick or something. He needs a theme that further shows how crazy he is willing to be in order to get what he wants. Entrance themes help make someone look like that much more of a star if they are good, and this one is doing Ambrose no favors. It comes off as something they put together quickly just to get him a theme that's not The Shield's theme. You'd think they would put forth more effort for a theme that will be used by a future star.... It's not too late, but the sooner they change it the better.

His current theme sounds like a Motley Crue song at the start and I don't like Motley Crue.

My musical taste aside, I don't think his theme is the worst thing in the world. I've always thought that a good wrestling theme needs to be recognizable within the first five seconds, and the opening riff of Ambrose's song is certainly enough to make it recognizable. It may not be perfect, but it does its job. So long as we know its Dean coming out when the music hits, I'm cool with it.

I have always been baffled at the decision to give Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins generic music given their potential to be top stars. Dean Ambroes' theme is a little more unique than Rollins' but I feel it doesn't fit his loose cannon gimmick as well as it should.
Live Yáz;5013565 said:
I've always thought that a good wrestling theme needs to be recognizable within the first five seconds, and the opening riff of Ambrose's song is certainly enough to make it recognizable.
I tend to agree with this. If you think about it, most of the more recognizable entrance songs of the past have all been generic; we've just become accustomed to them. For example, Steve Austin had the glass shattering with pretty generic music following. The Rock had his catch phrase then generic music following as well. Same with the Undrtaker's gong, Mick Foley's screeching tires, even Brock Lesnar has pretty generic music. Point being, I think it takes time for that song to become exclusive to said superstar.

Rollins and Ambrose will continue to thrive whether their songs are changed or not.

I have always been baffled at the decision to give Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins generic music given their potential to be top stars. Dean Ambroes' theme is a little more unique than Rollins' but I feel it doesn't fit his loose cannon gimmick as well as it should.
I tend to agree with this. If you think about it, most of the more recognizable entrance songs of the past have all been generic; we've just become accustomed to them. For example, Steve Austin had the glass shattering with pretty generic music following. The Rock had his catch phrase then generic music following as well. Same with the Undrtaker's gong, Mick Foley's screeching tires, even Brock Lesnar has pretty generic music. Point being, I think it takes time for that song to become exclusive to said superstar.

Rollins and Ambrose will continue to thrive whether their songs are changed or not.

If people are going to say Steven Austin, The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley and Brock Lesnar have "generic" entrance music just like Ambrose and that's somehow a bad thing then I think they are complaining for no good reason.

Austin, Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Lesnar AND Ambrose have entrance music that all does one of the MOST important things a wrestling entrance theme can do ... Be easily recognizable in the first 5 seconds!

For example, I would despise WWE if Lesnar's music was changed so he had some stupid lyrics play instead of that iconic sound effect he has at the beginning of his music and then the strong beats afterward.

What are people wanting? An actually song? Go to the radio for a song with pretty lyrics. If you want something iconic and hard-hitting then you have a wrestling entrance theme.

Harper & Rowan have an entrance them that IS bad and it's BECAUSE it has stupid lyrics. That screachy voice saying "He's got the whole world in his hands ..." is just awful. Truly awful. AFTER that the entrance theme is good, fits the characters, they should start the theme then. That is the entrance theme that people should be complaining about on here. Not Ambrose.

Ambrose has an excellent entrance theme that fits his personality and is not generic. Even if it was, that's not a bad thing because it fits the personality so well.

The last couple times I saw Harper & Rowan wrestle, they did get rid of the kid singing and just went straight to the music.

They have one of the coolest and most unique themes in WWE. It's absolutely perfect for them. It's kinda creepy, yet it's catchy and it rocks. Well done.

Live Yáz;5013565 said:
His current theme sounds like a Motley Crue song at the start and I don't like Motley Crue.

My musical taste aside, I don't think his theme is the worst thing in the world. I've always thought that a good wrestling theme needs to be recognizable within the first five seconds, and the opening riff of Ambrose's song is certainly enough to make it recognizable. It may not be perfect, but it does its job. So long as we know its Dean coming out when the music hits, I'm cool with it.

I'd go a step further and say within the first second. If you want the pop, it's gotta go off like that, within the click of your fingers - the bell tolling, the glass shattering, the fiery explosion, the "If Ya Smell..." , they all get the mahoosive pops, and I don't need to mention to you which wrestlers I was talking about there. But yeah I generally agree.

Ambrose's works for now, but it's generic after that revving noise. Rollins' is also garbage, and when he walks out to the ring it looks as if he feels that way too. I think they changed their music management recently because a lot of the newer themes are falling flat for me.

Once Ambrose wins the strap it'd be nice if they pull in a band to do a "similar, but with lyrics" version like Jeff Hardy got.

Ambrose needs new music badly. I hate his current theme.
Rollins needs new music. So does cesaro.
90% of the wrestlers now have generic music.

Wrestlers back then, didnt really have generic themes. They had catchy and exciting themes.
hogan austin, rock, taker, kane, shawn and others. had good themes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back