WrestleMania XXIV: Money In The Bank

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Taker from the spoilers on the main site. If it happens then this can be the official thread and can be moved to the WWE PPV section, if not it can stay here.

I hate this match. Last year there were too many wrestlers involved. Only half of them stood out. And most of them should have had a proper match, instead of being thrown in the annual filler match. It'll be good, but I find it all a bit pointless. The winner get's a title show, but Lashley, Orton, Booker, Foley, Khali, etc didn't win and they all got title shots anyway. And Kennedy did win and I don't remember him getting one. It's just a filler match. Most of the wrstlers involved will deserve better, the other could easily be left off the card.

So Jeff Hardy & Kennedy have qualified. They push Hardy before Mania then have nothing for him at the big event? Hmm. Ok. This is either the end of his push or he'll win the thing. I've said before I expect Matt to win against MVP, and Jeff to win whatever match he's involved in. just because there is a Hardy DVD out, and that would be the perfect way to end it. Matt with the US title, Jeff with the MITB case.

I'm kind of surprised Kennedy is in this. If only he'd been McMahons so. HaHaHa.

I'm still unsure if Shawn Michaels will end up in the Money in the Bank match, or the Ric Flair retirement/Hall of Fame match.

Also, since Matt Hardy hasn't yet returned, do you think they'll do the Matt Hardy v. M.V.P. match as a single's match, or place both men in the Money In The Bank as well?

I completely see Chris Jericho, C.M. Punk, John Morrison and possibly Umaga all making it into the Money In The Bank match.

Chris Jericho: It'd be somewhat fitting, seeing as to how he was the original guy that created the entire "match concept" to begin with. Also, as I've stated several times.. apparently his feud with J.B.L. is just unexplainably and instantly.. over. I think this match would be a nice fit for Jericho, to return to the big stage of the year.

C.M. Punk: Great, agile talent. Hes Main Event worthy, and a former E.C.W. Champion which by rule makes him considerably believable to win the match and gain hold of a chance to win a "legit" World Heavyweight Championship. (won't happen, but he's looked at as good for this match)

John Morrison: Pretty much the exact same thing I said about Punk, would qualify for Morrison. The only difference is Morrison has a little bit more experience in Ladder matches (W.W.E. style) and I think he'd be a nice character to enter into the match where any number of guys could steal the match, and the show.

Umaga: Each year, they really add one guy that doesn't seem to belong. Kane was the first year. Lashley and Flair were the second year. Finlay was honesty unfit for last year's as well. I think this year, they'll add someone that you'd never imagine would even be capable of stepping foot on a ladder.. yet during this year's match, end up being one of the guy's flying off the very top of it.

Umaga doesn't seem to have any other role. Therefore, I definately see him being the Monster/Unfit Character for this year's version.

I see Umaga & Jericho making it into this match. But not Morrison. I'm unsure about Punk

Other than appearing at Survivor Series he hasn't really done much for the past few months. I also think there is only one place in this match for an ECW superstar. If it's not Punk then it won't be anybody else. For the ECW superstars I see a gauntlet match. That way they are on the show, but they aren't taking up too much space. It would be booked like the usual Cruierweight invitationals.

I hope Morrison is not in it, not because he wouldn't be good, but because there should be tag-title match he should be in, we'll see if that happens. I'm a little let down that Hardy and Kennedy are in, as I think they are each capable of carrying a singles match on the big stage. Finlay and Benjamin would do the same thing they did in the last couple MITB matches. Jericho and Punk would be good. Maybe Kane? It would be nice to see him in a match that means something at Mania this year. Cody Rhodes could be a decent choice, but I'd rather see the tag titles defended in his case.

C.M. Punk: Great, agile talent. Hes Main Event worthy, and a former E.C.W. Champion which by rule makes him considerably believable to win the match and gain hold of a chance to win a "legit" World Heavyweight Championship. (won't happen, but he's looked at as good for this match)

No he's not. He's just not ready, and he proved that at No Way Out thinking that hitting the Three Amigos as a face would be a smart move. He isn't main event material, because the ECW "Championship" is a curtain jerk. Punk will be in MITB and will have a good showing, but he'll end up like Shelton Benjamin the last three years - impressive MITB showing, always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

The problem with this match is it makes no sense for a face to win it.

Lets say Jericho won Cyber Sunday and at some point a face is bloody and can barely get to his feet and Jeircho demands to use his match, that could turn the crowd against him and sends the message he can't fairly beat the heel.

This is a heel's match, even RVD had to use it at an ECW PPV where the crowd was in his favor.

The problem with this match is it makes no sense for a face to win it.

Lets say Jericho won Cyber Sunday and at some point a face is bloody and can barely get to his feet and Jeircho demands to use his match, that could turn the crowd against him and sends the message he can't fairly beat the heel.

This is a heel's match, even RVD had to use it at an ECW PPV where the crowd was in his favor.

Yes, but RVD still gave Cena a month's notice. If you keep having a heel do the "Edge Thing" by cashing it at a weak moment, the idea loses luster. If Jericho wins it and cashes it in in advance, it sets up a cool match, especially if HHH is a heel champ.

I even like what Kennedy planned last year. He said he'd cash his in AT Wrestlemania, and even had a countdown on WWE.com. I loved that shit. Jericho could do that with his old Countdown Clock. Jericho vs Edge for the Heavyweight Title @ Wrestlemania next year? Or Jericho vs Cena, with Jericho aiming to get revenge on the man who forced him out 2 years ago?

Why does it have to be cashed in in a heel fashion?

I think it would be cool if Kennedy win the match and then cashed it in later that night immediately after either Triple H or Cena won the WWE title match. This way, he would make true his promise that he would headline WM24. He lost the briefcase to Edge due to injury but they could let him win and finally give him his main event push. I don't think this will happen, as Hardy will probably take it, but it would be a little unpredictable at least.

I put what was just stated in the Wrestlemania main thread, but I feel that the countdown clock for Kennedy will start to reappear, but he uses it to take the Smackdown gold as revenge against Edge after he ends takers streak

Shelton is overly shown in that MITB promo video so I see the other 6 being
Shelton
Kane
Jericho
Then I really have no clue but random guesses would include
Dreamer - based on recent article
Batista - he has nothing else at the moment
A cruiserweight either Wang Yang/ Shane Helms/ or Jamie Noble

Ok, typical long post from me coming up, lol, so you're warned. Normally, the Money in the Bank match consists of 6 or 8 guys that are in the midcard or upper midcard/lower main event status. They'll never waste it on people like the Highlanders. So the first part of breaking down predictions for the contenders in this match is to look at the rosters themselves and throw out all the garbage like Funaki.

PART I. The following people will be involved in angles, so we can count them out: Triple H, Randy Orton, John Cena, Edge, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Finlay.

The people that have no chance are your Trevor Murdochs, your Charlie Haas-level guys, and your brand new Kofi Kingstons. Too soon for the newcomers like D.H. Smith, too much of a waste for Hardcore Holly to be involved.

That leaves the following potential candidates: CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy, HBK, JBL, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Batista, Umaga, Chris Jericho, MVP, Kane, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, Santino Marella, Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Matt Hardy, Carlito, Jamie Noble, Chavo Guerrero, Tommy Dreamer

PART II. Other angles are being implied, including "MVP vs Hardy", "HBK vs Flair", and a possible "CM Punk vs Chavo Guerrero". So we can eliminate those.

Updated Potential List: Mr. Kennedy, JBL, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Batista, Umaga, Chris Jericho, Kane, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, Santino Marella, Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Carlito, Jamie Noble, Tommy Dreamer

PART III. We already know that Kennedy and Hardy are in it, so that's two names we can take off the list and add onto the "definite" section. So let's look at the rest of the candidates:

CANDIDATES:

1. JBL = Might be involved in the McMahon/Hornswoggle match. Might have a match with Y2J. He seems out of place in this type of match.
2. John Morrison = Prime candidate. Can't see why he wouldn't be in it unless it was simply a numbers affair and they had 4/6 others that take the spot before him.
3. Batista = Since Rey can't wrestle with Mayweather in that horrible storyline, I can wholeheartedly see Batista filling in the spot. This makes his involvement in the MITB match unlikely.
4. Umaga = Has nothing better to do. He can be a prime candidate.
5. Jericho = Unless he's in a JBL match, he'll fit in here perfectly. Prime candidate number three.
6. Kane = He's been in it before as well, and has nothing better to do. Prime candidate number four.
7. Shelton Benjamin = Looks like they won't be pushing him for the ECW title right now, so he'd fit in here very well. Prime candidate number five.
8. Elijah Burke = He'd fit if there weren't so many other possibilities. So while he'd fit in the match easily, he won't be involved due to the "numbers game".
9. Santino/Wang Yang/Moore/Carlito/Noble = Doubt it.
10. Tommy Dreamer = We just heard that he wants to be involved, so who knows, maybe they'll throw him a bone.

PART IV. Due to the analysis from above, it seems to me like the most likely participants will be:
1. Jeff Hardy
2. Mr. Kennedy
3. John Morrison
4. Umaga
5. Jericho
6. Kane
7. Shelton Benjamin
8. Tommy Dreamer

PART V. If this was the lineup, we know Hardy is the favorite to win, with Kennedy being the runner up, then either Shelton to challenge for the ECW title or Morrison to challenge for something down the line. Kane absolutely will not win, Dreamer absolutely will not win, Jericho is almost guaranteed not to win as he doesn't need the MITB for a push as he's a big enough star that he can just challenge outright.

You forgot The Miz, Morrison's Tag Team title partner...

The WWE is giving him a mid-card push with the belts and he had a semi-push against Punk for a short time for the title. Plus, I think the WWE likes doing the tag team split gimmick with Morrison and Miz having to work together even though they're opponents in the match.

Unless Miz is a bitch and doesn't want in the ladder match.

I almost agree with your list, but seeing as how I think they'll do it:

1. Jeff Hardy
2. Mr. Kennedy
3. Shelton Benjamin
4. Tommy Dreamer
5. Umaga
6. John Morrison
7. The Miz
8. Chris Jericho

Last year it was 3 faces (The Hardys and CM Punk) and 5 heels (Edge, Orton, Kennedy, Booker, and Finlay). I could see them doing the same strategy.

The big losers, Big Daddy V, Mark Henry, and The Great Khali were smartly omitted as well. Batista would never "stoop so low as to be a ladder match." He seems like the asshole type who wants a huge match. I could see Kane having to face one of them, probably Big Daddy V.

P.S. - I am VERY curious to see if the WWE would actually do that. What if Kennedy won Money in the Bank, then either Cena or HHH (my pick to win) then cashed it in and used to win it on the same night? I don't see Kennedy as being ready to be WWE champion yet, but it would be very shocking to see. How would the crowd react, especially if it was the last match, which would only be the 3rd Wrestlemania ever that ended with the WWE title in the hands of a heel.

Jericho could do that with his old Countdown Clock. Jericho vs Edge for the Heavyweight Title @ Wrestlemania next year? Or Jericho vs Cena, with Jericho aiming to get revenge on the man who forced him out 2 years ago?

IC25 = :band:

I'd rep you, but it won't let me. That is seriously one of the greatest ideas i've heard in a long time. It doesn't even have to be Jericho. Could be anybody. But do you realize how much buildup something like that could have? If done correctly, it could be bigger buildup than Sting-Hogan. It would have to be extremely well planned, systematic, and emphasis would need to be made on keeping both healthy.

Wow, that idea got me excited. I miss story-based wrestling feuds. This would be a GREAT launch back into that setting.

Well, I'm hell bent on Jeff Hardy vs. Cena for the title at Summerslam, the question is, who will be champion, and who will be challenger. All signs are pointing to this match happening eventually, and if they're going to push Hardy to the moon, don't waste it on a "B" pay per view.

One of 2 Scenarios: (Both Scenarios have Hardy winning, because I don't honestly see anyone else winning it right now)

1. Hardy wins MITB and cashes in for Summerslam against John Cena.

2. Randy Orton manages to squeak out a victory at WM, obviously very heel tactics. Cena and Triple h are both confused, and lay out Orton. Hardy's music hits, cashes in MITB. Orton tries to leave, only to be stopped by Trips and Cena. Hardy cashes in and wins.

Giving someone a month's notice does not add any luster to money in the bank. Basically there is no surprise element and RVD cashed in at an ECW PPV. If he cashes in at WM or Summerslam, it could not even carry the card, and yes I say that sadly.

Same with Kennedy, I had FORGOTTEN he had had a countdown clock. Yet I remember the two times Edge used it to win the title, most likely because that is the way it should be used.

It has lost luster, because It is a predicatble gimmick, unless you add the stip that the person who wins MUST defend the briefcase once a month until they use the contract and if they don't - it will be placed back above the ring for another match.

I don't think it's lost its luster. Think about the past 3 (or 4) winners of Money in the Bank:

Edge: cashed it in after an Elimination Chamber match.

Rob Van Dam: cashed it in to get the crowd advantage at ECW One Night Stand

Mr. Kennedy: set a clock to cash it in for Wrestlemania 24

Edge: won it from Kennedy to beat The Undertaker after a brutal steel cage match AND an attack from Mark Henry, on free TV no less!

So far we have Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy. It's a foregone conclusion that Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho will be in it since both were so good the last times they were in, and each of those guys has a great story to get the briefcase:

Hardy: came close to beating Orton at the Royal Rumble, plus he has defeated HHH in the past and still hungry for the title;

Kennedy: former winner who never got a chance to cash it in; would he cash it in at Wrestlemania 24 like he said he would if he wins?

Benjamin: wants to be ECW champion. (although most would say it's a waste since no one sees the ECW championship in the same light)

Jericho: former Undisputed champion who has history with ALL THREE guys fighting for the WWE title, and none of it is good.

Anyone added in (such as Kane, a former WWE champion, John Morrison, a former ECW champ and IC Champ, or Umaga, who just likes to hurt people) would be gravy after these four.

I think it would be cool if Kennedy win the match and then cashed it in later that night immediately after either Triple H or Cena won the WWE title match. This way, he would make true his promise that he would headline WM24. He lost the briefcase to Edge due to injury but they could let him win and finally give him his main event push. I don't think this will happen, as Hardy will probably take it, but it would be a little unpredictable at least.

That would be AWESOME. If the WWE did that, I think it would blow the fans away. To me, that would be such a great thing for the company to do because it would prove that they can still surprise us.

It all depends on whether WWE has the winners of Wrestlemania be faces or heels. HHH may turn heel by mania as he has been pushing for it and he is my favourite to walk out champ, and taker has to be favourite to take the title on smackdown.
want to push Keneddy as a major heel? have the taker/edge match as the actual main event! taker defeats edge after an epic battle to keep the streak going. out comes keneddy with his rubbish new music and brand spanking new MITB breifcase to defeat Taker at mania and end the streak! would be ironic that this is the way edge took the title and keneddy uses his effort to win the title, no bigger way imo to put keneddy over as a massive heel and he gets to move of Raw where i think he is wasted

Anyone else think this is plausible: the winner of the Money in the Bank match, likely Jeff Hardy, cashes in during the main event. Kinda like the wist to WrestleMania IX, when no one expected Hogan to take on Yokozuna.

i think the only way, other than to announce a future title shot, for a face to use the mitb and not have heel tendancies would be for say hardy to win mitb, then have say orton win the main event by dq, then hardy comes out and takes the belt with a clean finish. therefore just as the fans think the ppv is gonna end with another dq finish hardy comes out and "saves the day" and gives us an ending to cheer! otherwise its seen as the oppurtunistic title shot which is a very heel thing to do.

i think the only way, other than to announce a future title shot, for a face to use the mitb and not have heel tendancies would be for say hardy to win mitb, then have say orton win the main event by dq, then hardy comes out and takes the belt with a clean finish. therefore just as the fans think the ppv is gonna end with another dq finish hardy comes out and "saves the day" and gives us an ending to cheer! otherwise its seen as the oppurtunistic title shot which is a very heel thing to do.

Well when RVD one it he came out and challenged Cena to a time and place which wasnt a heel thing. I think if an over enough babyface like Jeff Hardy wins the MITB and challenges the champion at an oppurtunistic time then wins the title he wont get heel heat. Especially if the champion is Cena.

But like I said I think if a face wins the MITB match he will most likley challenge the champion at a set time and place like RVD did.

I love the idea of Kennedy winning and using it at the end of the night to keep his word about headlining WM 24. I think Umaga should definatley be in it, he's a big guy but he is pretty agile and can take some good bumps and fly. Plus, he is still pretty credible. As for ECW, put in Shelton and Dreamer IMO. Burke would be a good fit too, but with ECW being the lowest brand you can't have too many from there. Is it just me, or does SD have virtually no good candidates for this match, especially with Rey out of action?

Mr Kenendy should be the winner of the Money of the Bank Ladder Match. WWE screwed him over the one he won in WM23. He should win it in WM24. He is one of the best new comers in the Raw brand. He is going to be WWE Champion soon

Matt Hardy and MVP would be the best to candidates from SD! but we all assume that those two will face each other for the US Title. Unless they want to go with that Miz and Morrison are part of the SD roster then we are looking at very loaded raw money in the bank.

Mr Kenendy should be the winner of the Money of the Bank Ladder Match. WWE screwed him over the one he won in WM23. He should win it in WM24. He is one of the best new comers in the Raw brand. He is going to be WWE Champion soon

How did they screw him over?! He got injured, and they had to take the Money In The Bank case off him, since he would've orginally won the Championship from Undertaker (I'd assume) but he went down due to injury as well.

They needed someone to step up and be the Main Event player they felt they could be. Mr. Kennedy was suppose to be it, but got injured. Then, upon his return, he had another big push lined up.. only to fuck himself over by being apart of the steroid scandals. In my opinion, I'm sick of people saying Kennedy is being, or has been screwed. He did it to himself.

Its only known that Kennedy and Hardy are in (unless you read the Smackdown Spoilers - which do NOT post who else is in) and if I had to randomly guess.. I'd say your winner is the guy who qualified first. Jeff Hardy. Why? Because W.W.E. likely got what they wanted from his match at the Royal Rumble, and the fan response.. and he'll likely be getting a meaningless World Heavyweight Championship run during the low point of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back