• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: John Cena VS The Rock

John Cena and The Rock: Who is Right?

• Cena is Right.

• The Rock does not need to help WWE weekly.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The result doesn't make sense to me from any standpoint, since it cheapens the face of the company, and thus, today's product. If I had to guess, I would assume that The Rock played backstage politics and due to being angry at Cena ripping him up during off-script promos. That's pure speculation, but that's the only thing I can guess that would prompt this result.

That being said, I'm not going to lose any sleep. The Rock seemed to have missed a step, but considering that he hasn't had to carry half a match for close to a decade, he did awesomely. It was a good, long match with lots of twists and turns, and the action definitely lived up to the hype in my opinion.

I agree Cena has had the torch, this match wouldnt have done anything more for him. I wanted StoneCold and Vince to come out and help Rock get the win, I think that would have been the most memorable WM ending ever

I'm not too satisfied with the finish, since it doesn't make sense for me as far as building the product goes and because I was rooting for Cena, but the match and the build was amazingly handled. I just wish I could congratulate everyone involved for creating an awesome feud during this last month.

Where the haters at that said The Rock won't win?

I am so glad he won. This is all he needed since he'll never get to face Shawn :(

I don't think Cena turns tomorrow at all. With Lord Tensai coming and The Rock dealing with a year's buildup to Rock v Brock at next year's WM, they already have 2 face superstars on limited schedule with HHH & UT (and I think Taker is going to retire), Sheamus is over on Smackdown and CM Punk is the whipping boy for the foreseeable future for Raw/Sd GM, John can't turn heel

Pretty surprised with the outcome. Not marks of either guys, but any kind of logic has to give Cena the win. Rock was slow & winded throughout the match. One pet peeve I have is having someone who looks better in the match lose. Rock's ring rust definitely brought down the quality of the match, & would've been a perfect excuse to give Cena the victory. But to have a guy walk off a movie set & get a victory at the biggest show must bring a damper mood to the fellas in the back

The match the build the finish it was all perfect. This will lead to Cena's heel turn hopefully since he just cant match the starpower of Rocky and teh crowd reaction he gets. I'm glad it actually lived up to the hype and their was no stupid run ins or interference

There's no conspiracy guys. The WWE planned for the Rock to win. Probably from the beginning... it does "weaken" the company a bit, but I see good things resulting from this in upcoming story lines.

It's all a part of WWE's plan I'm sure. I do know one thing, everyone wants to watch RAW.

Where the haters at that said The Rock won't win?

I am so glad he won. This is all he needed since he'll never get to face Shawn :(

Don't pretend like wrestling is a real sport please. A lot of people (myself included) don't "hate" the Rock. I love the Rock but I didn't think he would win clean because it doesn't make sense. I was with Cena. It's evident now that it does make sense because if Cena doesn't go heel now something is seriously wrong with the WWE but then again everybody here knows that anyway. Should be interesting either way.

The result doesn't make sense to me from any standpoint, since it cheapens the face of the company, and thus, today's product. If I had to guess, I would assume that The Rock played backstage politics and due to being angry at Cena ripping him up during off-script promos. That's pure speculation, but that's the only thing I can guess that would prompt this result.

That being said, I'm not going to lose any sleep. The Rock seemed to have missed a step, but considering that he hasn't had to carry half a match for close to a decade, he did awesomely. It was a good, long match with lots of twists and turns, and the action definitely lived up to the hype in my opinion.

It made sense in my opinion. No torch needed to be passed as it was given to Cena without it being given. The Rock needed to show Cena that he still had it no matter how long he had been gone. Cena talked the most trash, but at the end of the day he put chewed more than he could swallow. This also goes to show you that our generation of superstars have something more than this generation. The Rock was fighting for his generation if you think about it. The Rock proved everyone wrong and he also showed that Cena is not superman.

Cena's had the torch for years.

Tonight was a win for entertainment. For all those who appreciate what a true entertainer is.

That front row nerd is on suicide watch now lol

One could argue that the rock had the torch when the rock faced hogan...

I am a huge rock fan...I understand this ending...but disagree. If the rock sticks around now for a while, it makes more sense. He won't though...he will cut a promo tomorrow night...then buh bye...

Cena deserved to win this match...and this is coming from a true rock fan!

i believe with him mocking the rock at the end and loseing as a result, could help with hopefully and finally a heel turn for cena. this takes him out of any title centention. i can see that now, why give u a title match? u cant even beat an actor. as for rock, i can see a grand send off only to be confronted with a returning lesnar, to finish past business from rocks title loss.

I just hope they don't do a rematch. They said once in a lifetime and it needs to be like that.

The Brock V. Rock thing could really be awesome especially since Brock beat The Rock. It is basically as Brock weakened The Rock and Goldberg finished him off.

The Rock now needs revenge for that.

Or Brock V. Taker seeing as Brock always got the best of Taker too.

One could argue that the rock had the torch when the rock faced hogan...

I am a huge rock fan...I understand this ending...but disagree. If the rock sticks around now for a while, it makes more sense. He won't though...he will cut a promo tomorrow night...then buh bye...

Cena deserved to win this match...and this is coming from a true rock fan!

He'll be there tomorrow night. Maybe next week. He will more than likely be there as SS and SS sooooooooo??????

I could not be happier. Cena did not deserve to even be in the ring with The Rock let alone beat him. He's not even remotely on The Rock's level in terms of star power or impact on the business and this shows that WWE understands that.

Now don't get me wrong I think Cena does have potential to eventually get to The Rock's level but not with this stupid Cenation BS he's been doing for years that can only get children and horny women on his side. Hopefully WWE will change his gimik now, freshen him up and given him an honest to God chance to live up to his potential.

I was 100% sure certain Cena was winning. In my opinion, I just saw no reason to have The Rock win. Cena had so much to gain, and it would of just seemed so obvious.

I am so happy I was wrong. WWE, instead of trying to "improve the product for the future" and instead of "making the face of the company prove his worth", shocked us. That is what makes a customer satisfied. I don't care who gains whatever, I just care that I was shocked and entertained.

This match had me go through so many emotions. I hated that they were making The Rock look like a chump. But he sold the attacks well as he always have in his career. I was totally surprised by the ending but more than satisfied. The Rock needed to win, the WWE can do so much with Cena's character now with the lost. His showboating at the end (which he never does) cost him.

I definitely screamed and jumped up and down when The Rock won. Well spent money. Great WM

Absolutely the right result Cena needs no troch he has been the face of the company for the past eight years and needs no validation. I expected Cena to win bu the shock-factor was great and at the end of the day the majorit of fans were on Rock's side there is nothing wrong with pleasing the majority, just because Cenas is the face of the company does not mean he has to win every match.

The loss might even dim some of the super-cena hate and will give his character a much needed change in direction.

It made sense in my opinion. No torch needed to be passed as it was given to Cena without it being given. The Rock needed to show Cena that he still had it no matter how long he had been gone. Cena talked the most trash, but at the end of the day he put chewed more than he could swallow. This also goes to show you that our generation of superstars have something more than this generation. The Rock was fighting for his generation if you think about it. The Rock proved everyone wrong and he also showed that Cena is not superman.

I see what you mean, and I definitely respect where you're coming from here, but I didn't see it as a passing of the torch either. I saw it as further validating Cena and, more importantly, the current era as a whole over that of the previous one. This finish, to me, shows that the WWE is directly acknowledging that they were better before than they are now. Whether or not you or I feel that way, I think that's an incredibly bad idea from the perspective of business and makes most viewers have less reason to respect the industry as it is today.

Taking away the names and the story, the way I see it is: the number one guy in the business today lost to a legendary relic who hasn't had a singles match in close to 10 years. Since it's scripted that way, this isn't really The Rock being better than Cena. I think that on the contrary, the build up and match itself show that Cena has been at least on the level, but maybe even better, than The Rock has ever been. This loss is an admission from McMahon that the PG/reality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it era, while in full swing, is not as good as the era that it left behind on its bad day.

Unless they plan on reverting, which probably isn't going to happen (I hope, at least), that sounds like it would be absurdly demoralizing to fans of the current era and to the talent backstage who are working their hardest to live up to those who came before them.

I know I stretched this out, but this is actually a minor point to me. Again, I'd like to point out that I thought the match was fantastic, even with The Rock showing a little rust. For a guy who hasn't carried half a match for 10 years, he looked amazing, and I just hope he's a little more physically ready next time. Again (since people will mostly focus on my criticism above), while I have one or two MINOR complaints, the match was great, the build-up is among the best I've ever seen, and I feel that as fans, we got our money's worth.

I'm a huge fan of the Rock's ringwork and even his movies. But the man is a bullshitter and that pisses me off. He claimed that he's back for good and won't ever leave and then left for months at a time. Sorry Rock, but walk your candyass back to Hollywood because no one wants to see fueds via satellite.

Thank god the rock won. Its nice that wwe listens every once in awhile and gives us what we want. I wouldve been so pissed off if Rock lost because the rest of card sucked and i wanted to end the night being happy and not smashing in my TV screen.

I'm a huge fan of the Rock's ringwork and even his movies. But the man is a bullshitter and that pisses me off. He claimed that he's back for good and won't ever leave and then left for months at a time. Sorry Rock, but walk your candyass back to Hollywood because no one wants to see fueds via satellite.

I disagree. Ill gladly take a Rock satellite/pre recorded video over any other wrestlers promos. The Rock is pure gold and entertains the hell out of me.

But hey if you want to listen to cena say nothing except....i love you/i work hard/never give up/i always win.....be my guest. That doesnt entertain me.

Or you can stick with the other 99% of the current roster never talking and when they do they say the most vanilla and boring stuff my ears have ever had to suffer through.

It was an okay or even a good match. Neither guy is what I would call a technical marvel in the ring, but I wanted a little more. It had some moments and the ending was clearly a surprise to me, but I thought it could have been longer and more time beating up on the Rock. I know it's in the Rock's home state or town, but something in my gut just said Cena should've gotten the win. I can't make any compelling arguement as to why I feel that way, but I must be honest, I think Cena needed it more than the Rock, for his career. I mean if Rock loses and he leaves to make film, why would he care ?

I can't understand why people are still bitching about the Rock leaving to make films. The guy had done everything already that a performer can do and achieve all that a performer can achieve in the profession, why are we still bitching about him making a choice any one would make if they were in his shoes ?

I got up from my seat, and almost started to start cleaning up the chips and what not when Cena hit that last AA. Thought he was actually going to win. Thank GOD that wasn't the outcome! Definitely wanted Rock to win that and he came out on top! I obviously know it wasn't his best match, but it was alright.

I was not too happy with the outcome; of course I am not surprised that Rock won in his hometown but what did he really gain by winning? He has done everything that he can possibly do and didn't have as much to gain by winning as John did. I have no idea what will happen to Cena now, does he go heel? Take some time off? John needed this win to catapult his career to a new level and The Rock was the perfect choice to help launch him to new heights but with a win by the Rock it just seems like now John will be at a stalemate and didn't gain a thing.

Guess we'll just wait and see what happens on RAW !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back