WM29: Aftermath and General Discussion

What match do you THINK we'll see for the WWE title?

• The Rock vs John Cena II

• The Rock vs CM Punk II

• The Rock vs CM Punk vs John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm confused. I thought Wrestlemania was supposed to be entertaining, not unpredictable. It certainly entertained me so I don't see why it being predictable is an issue. Everyone and their mother saw Bully Ray's heel turn coming at TNA's Lockdown show but it was still considered a well done moment.

If I wanted something specifically unpredictable, I'd just play with a slot machine.

I'm confused. I thought Wrestlemania was supposed to be entertaining, not unpredictable. It certainly entertained me so I don't see why it being predictable is an issue.

People's entertainment is stimulated by different things. One person will be content or enthused by something that another person will be bored or annoyed with. It seems clear that some people are unable to be entertained if they know, or strongly believe that they know what is going to happen. Those people have trouble getting into a match if they know that the outcome is obvious, and therefore things near falls mean nothing (to them). If people like you and I find a match to be good enough then for a split second we still may be convinced that the outcome isn't so obvious, but not everyone is able to do that. With things like heel turns, run ins, and so on, they have other reasons for wanting more unpredictability.

I get the impression that you may share the following thought of mine. Even if I have already seen a tv show or movie and know what happens, or if I have read a spoiler, or if I am just convinced that I know how things work, I may still internally root for the person to get out of a predicament that I know they won't or may fear the worst for a character, even though I know they will make it out of the problem. Based on my tastes, that a the sign of good storytelling, acting, or whatever. With wrestling, some of us are able to occasionally do that too, but again not everyone is able to.

Everyone and their mother saw Bully Ray's heel turn coming at TNA's Lockdown show but it was still considered a well done moment.

The how things happen and now what happens mentality is mine too, but again not everyone is able to have that. It is odd to me too, simply because my mind doesn't work that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back