Will the "Deadman" make it into the Hall of Fame

In his last match before the hall of fame Undertaker will be using _______ gimmick

• Deadman

• American Badass

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
So here is the general question will Undertaker's deadman gimmick be the gimmick that gets inducted into the WWE hall of fame. Now clearly some of you are already saying yes it will, and probaly a lot more of you are still thinking I'm saying Undertaker won't be in the Hall of Fame. What I'm trying to convince everyone is that the Undertaker's deadman gimmick will not be the one that gets into the hall of fame. However before I hear about it let it be known that I do belive Undertaker will make the Hall of Fame just not as the Deadman.

Undertaker will be in the Hall of Fame that is a fact, but how can the WWE do it in a way that it makes sense and doesn't hurt the Undertakers character. Clearly when he does decide to retire most people feel he would be the Deadman but how would this work? I'm going to run down the two scenarios that would not make any sense in getting the Undertaker's Deadman gimmick into the hall of fame.

Firstly the Undertaker could die to go into retirement. Kayfabe of course but this time he wouldn't come back because well he is dead. Undertaker has died on several occasions and every single time he has come back and wrestled. So in the scenario that he would die and come back in life for the Hall of Fame would not work because they would expect him to wrestle. I mean if he truly is the Deadman than clearly he should be theoretically be able to wrestle. So here lies the problem, it wouldn't make sense for Undertaker to come back and accept a Hall of Fame position. It would directly contradict his gimmick and I believe it would truly tarnish his reputation. Yes the man is a legend but if you are going to do something that does not go with your gimmick then it ultiamtely makes your gimmick unbelievable. So clearly this doesn't work in a dead man coming back only to not wrestle, which he has sone several times in the past.

Next scenario for him to retire as the Deadman would be to just announce to everyone that he is retiring. But wait how believable would it be for the Deadman to retire. For what reasons, he is dead isn't he? So that brings me to the only logical way of him saying he would retire and that would be to have his streak get broken. Now nobody wants to see his streak broken, that would be utter WWE chaos. So clearly ths route would not make any sense in him retiring this way. For a man who is so strict in making his gimmick believable (only having one picture on his wedding day when he was supposedly incapacitated) how could he dare make his gimmick look weak. That would be totally against the Deadman gimmick and would not work. So this eliminate him getting into the Hall of Fame this way.

So now one might be asking how does he get into the Hall Fame? Well luckily I have thought of a solution which would make sense in getting him into the Hall of Fame. It is quite simple revert back to the American badass. There are already signs in the WWE that this is happening. He is being reffered to as the Last Outlaw, which to me sounds a whole lot like a badass motorcylist than a Deadman. His music has been changed to the new song. Why not go the complete transformation and make him the badass again. This way he is human when he ultimately retires and this way he can actually make the Hall of Fame in a believable fashion. Also this would be a way of speeding up his entrance by getting his bike back. I think if Undertaker ends this way he will be far more believable to the WWE Universe, and in some ways the WWE Universe would be more accepting of the man retiring, than the Deadman.

What do you say will it be Deadman, or something totally different.

Well I think he'll speak as himself with no gimmick. I'd like it a lot more that way since we've never heard him say any stories about the business, breaking into it, his thoughts on the gimmick, etc.

I'll be anticipating for that night though.

I mean if he truly is the Deadman than clearly he should be theoretically be able to wrestle. So here lies the problem, it wouldn't make sense for Undertaker to come back and accept a Hall of Fame position. It would directly contradict his gimmick and I believe it would truly tarnish his reputation. Yes the man is a legend but if you are going to do something that does not go with your gimmick then it ultiamtely makes your gimmick unbelievable.

Dude... chill.

News flash; the Iron Sheik doesn't actually hate America. What if I told you he was actually a coach for the USA's Olympics wrestling team? And if you saw Jim Duggan on the street and he wasn't carrying a 2x4 or waving an American flag, would you suddenly feel worse about his wrestling legacy?

Even kids know that there's nothing real about The Undertaker's "powers," so do you honestly believe anyone (who's not a total idiot) would hold that against him in retirement? Any kid who stilll believes in Santa, unicorns, and The Undertaker isn't going to think enough about it to make some judgment against him for retiring, and anyone who understands that this is just an actor playing a role certainly won't give a damn.

I know you put a lot of thought in to this thread and I'm sorry to shit on it so harshly, but this is honestly a pretty stupid notion. The idea of actually making him retire as the American Badass is the worst part. What's next, making Hogan retire as Thunderlips because Hulkamania can never die?

I actually think they are trying to take Taker away from the whole "Deadman" sort of gimmick because of his "last outlaw" persona as well as his change of pants that seem to go back to his American Badass days. But that may be just me...
Either way. I believe we will see Mark Calloway go into the Hall of Fame as his kayfabe self because that is who we all know him as. It would be nice to see him as a normal person but but that's not the man who is going into the HOF.

Are u ******ed?
Mark is The Undertaker
That's all he's been known for that's what he will go down, that's what made them the mega bucks. But he's still a real person and deserves the accolades and will get them

Now as far as HOF i can't see him coming out in Undertaker outifit at the actuall HOF night, he will be himself, he might come out with the lightning and the smoke but he will be Mark.
you haven't seen anyone else in the past come out in there in ring gear, taker will be no different HOF is a Tux and Tie affair.

Warrior will be inducted (or will he) still no word on that yet, but you won't see him coming out in full face paint and tassles would that affect his legacy? No
infact off my head the only one's that came out in something remotely close to there normal onscreen gear are Bobby The Brain and Mean Gene Okerlund

The Undertaker not Mark Calaway will be inducted, he only portrayed his real self very briefly when he was fueding with DDP. and it will have no ill effects on his legacy, we all know from a character standpoint he will never die any less then Hulkamania would ever die but the character in ring has an expiry date.

Im sorry but this is a ******ed as thread OF COURSE the undertaker will be inducted in -___- and last I checked they dont induct gimmicks, for instance, it doesnt matter if they induct Cactus Jack or Mankind, its the same person -___-

Im sorry but this is a ******ed as thread OF COURSE the undertaker will be inducted in -___- and last I checked they dont induct gimmicks, for instance, it doesnt matter if they induct Cactus Jack or Mankind, its the same person -___-

I never once said he won't be inducted actually I clearly say he is going to be inducted into the hall of fame. Secondly I was simply posing the question how would you retire him and it make sense that he was retired but still at hall of fame. You clearly need to read the entire thread before posting your moronic response.

Yeah unfortunately I have to agree with just about everyone else. This thread is kind of stupid. I hate saying that knowing that this took you a lot of effort but the point still stands. They don't look that hard into it dude... The Undertaker is going in as The Undertaker. He will be remembered for everything great that he's done and the majority of that was as the Deadman. Sorry dude but... lol..

Yeah unfortunately I have to agree with just about everyone else. This thread is kind of stupid. I hate saying that knowing that this took you a lot of effort but the point still stands. They don't look that hard into it dude... The Undertaker is going in as The Undertaker. He will be remembered for everything great that he's done and the majority of that was as the Deadman. Sorry dude but... lol..

I understand that the majority of people responding feel this is a stupid idea, and it didn't really take as long as it looked, but it seems nobody is answering the question I asked. What gimmick will he be when retiring and going into the Hall of Fame. Everyone is saying the Undertaker will go in as the Undertaker, but I'm saying scrap the name will he be the Deadman, or The American Badass in his final moments forgive the pun in the WWE.

I added a new poll to get new topics flowing since clearly the original post it going nowhere.

Bro he going in as the Undertaker. It doesn't matter Deadman or the american Badass. Ur question has been answered many times. But if u have to pick one off course its Deadman. American Badass shouldn't even be in the discussion

Bro he going in as the Undertaker. It doesn't matter Deadman or the american Badass. Ur question has been answered many times. But if u have to pick one off course its Deadman. American Badass shouldn't even be in the discussion

Ok but if he is the Deadman during his last match in what manner would he retire. Clearly he could say he would just retire or he could die. The first option seems rather not Taker like and the second wouldn't explain how he is magically alive for the HOF? This was the root question that nobody has answered.

He will be the Undertaker until the end of his career, the Bad Ass character isn't coming back... It was a nice little change up for awhile, but he will not end his career as anything but the Deadman. And I could see him ending his career with a match being advertised as his last, maybe it will be when he becomes 20-0 or maybe it will be at Survivor Series to kinda have his WWE career go full circle. However the way things have been going for him, he may just end up retiring because of an injury so there may be no big plans put into his last match.

He will be the Undertaker until the end of his career, the Bad Ass character isn't coming back... It was a nice little change up for awhile, but he will not end his career as anything but the Deadman. And I could see him ending his career with a match being advertised as his last, maybe it will be when he becomes 20-0 or maybe it will be at Survivor Series to kinda have his WWE career go full circle. However the way things have been going for him, he may just end up retiring because of an injury so there may be no big plans put into his last match.

I greatly appreciate the response I was hoping to get. I do too think that the injuries could be a reason as to him retiring. I never thought of that in my intial post so I am glad you mentioned it. I think it would be great for him to retire at Survivor Series because that is where he started. However I do hope he reaches 20-0 before that point.

He's spent Over 20 years being the deadman without breaking kayfabe outside 1 or 2 SMALL situations (Ric Flair sendoff) I truly believe he'll keep his Taker Gimmick even past his active career.

He doesn't attend the HOF ceremonies so it'll be interesting how he gets inducted. They'll do something special for sure but he'll decide what's best.

I could see him retiring in a match billed as his final match maybe after he goes 20-0 at Wrestlemania. It could be sooner than that considering all the injuries he's suffered. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if he loses a retirement match to put someone over. Since he is a company man and a locker room leader. I definitely think he'll go out with his current gimmick. I don't see any reason to bring back the American Bad ass gimmick.

When he gets inducted in the Hall of Fame he'll go in as the Undertaker of course. I would imagine he will give his speech as himself. He may throw a little bit of the character of the Undertaker in there with rolling his eyes back or something like that. If he's retired then there's really no need to keep up the gimmick. He can finally be himself, I'm sure he's earned a job with WWE for life.

He'll be inducted as "The Undertaker" - Mark Caloway. As it is with all inductees in the WWE HOF he will be recognized for all facets of his different gimmicks and his contribution to the company. They'll do a stupid 4 minute video package focusing on all of the stuff he's done and say something silly like (big deep voice) "Whether he was the Devil from Death Valley, The American Badass or the Deadman...The Undertaker's contribution to Sports Entertainment is UNMATCHED..." blah blah blah. Oh, then they'll talk about his wrestlemania streak of course. C'mon. Gimme a break.

Of course he'll go in as the dead man character. Why? Because it's his legacy. It's the character that made him a household name. It's the character that has paid his bills for the better part of the last 25 years.

Some of you guys take the WWE HOF too seriously. This isn't an accolade on par with being immortalized in Canton.

I think he will go in as mark calloway the undertaker. it would be nice if he got to drop his persona for the ceremony. see how mark calloway is in real life. but if i had to choose one, it would be the deadman. american badass was a blimp on his legacy, a good one, but a blimp none-the-less. he can really only go in as the deadman.

Firstly the Undertaker could die to go into retirement. Kayfabe of course but this time he wouldn't come back because well he is dead. Undertaker has died on several occasions and every single time he has come back and wrestled. So in the scenario that he would die and come back in life for the Hall of Fame would not work because they would expect him to wrestle. I mean if he truly is the Deadman than clearly he should be theoretically be able to wrestle. So here lies the problem, it wouldn't make sense for Undertaker to come back and accept a Hall of Fame position. It would directly contradict his gimmick and I believe it would truly tarnish his reputation. Yes the man is a legend but if you are going to do something that does not go with your gimmick then it ultiamtely makes your gimmick unbelievable. So clearly this doesn't work in a dead man coming back only to not wrestle, which he has sone several times in the past.

If you wake up every morning and eat a bowl of cereal, does that mean you HAVE to eat a bowl of cereal? No. If he "dies" and comes back, that does not mean he HAS to wrestle.

He won't get inducted in the HOF for any specific gimmick, they will induct The Undertaker, which will include his career from beginning to end. He will be recognized for everything he has done for the WWE from the time he got there until the time he left. Like someone mentioned earlier with Mick Foley, it's pretty much a guarantee that he will get there one day, but they won't say "The newest inductee in this years Hall of Fame is Mick Foley minus the time he was Dude Love". They induct the people, not their gimmicks.

The man will be inducted in HOF, not the gimmick. Besides he never changed the name, he will go as the Undertaker. He will be inducted as a tribute to his whole career, from pre wwe to the evolution of the undertaker character. You are basically asking how will he be dressed for the ceremony here.
Much more interesting question would be who should induct him.

The man will be inducted in HOF, not the gimmick. Besides he never changed the name, he will go as the Undertaker. He will be inducted as a tribute to his whole career, from pre wwe to the evolution of the undertaker character. You are basically asking how will he be dressed for the ceremony here.
Much more interesting question would be who should induct him.

Now that would be worth a thread. I'd have to say Kane. Another good option would be HBK given the back-to-back Mania bouts which have really seemed to be the focal point of the twilight of his career. So Kane or HBK, possibly Austin.

I never once said he won't be inducted actually I clearly say he is going to be inducted into the hall of fame. Secondly I was simply posing the question how would you retire him and it make sense that he was retired but still at hall of fame. You clearly need to read the entire thread before posting your moronic response.

im sorry, i did read the thread, you mustnt of read what i said clearly, i said it DOESNT matter what gimmick he gets inducted as in, its still the same person

When Undertaker retires he has to DIE. Win or Lose his last match, the light's go out, lightning strikes, the gong hits, smoke appears and when the lights come back on he is GONE from the ring and all that remains is his hat. Then he should never be seen on WWE TV again until HOF night.

Taker can't retire and walk out applauding an clapping, that's not who he is.

It doesn't matter about his gimmick or wether he is meant to be dead or not. HOF is not WWE program tv so the wrestlers are never in character or attire.

As if there ever could be any doubt he would go into the Hall of Fame. "Let's induct Koko B. Ware and Drew Carey. But 'Taker, sorry bro, you were ok, just not HoF material."

(Ok, ok, in your second paragraph you left no doubt that his HoF-induction is a fact and will happen. It's just that your opening sentences sound a bit ambiguous. ;) )

As for the logic (or lack thereof) of Taker "dying" but then being alive and well for his induction - come ooooooooon. It's wrestling, dude. Don't overthink it.

Besides, who is to say the Undertaker will go out "dying"? Or even losing for that matter? Granted, going out by putting somebody over is the only true way. But there is an exception to every rule, and Taker's character may be it, in particular because of his Wrestlemania streak.
I expect him to quietly fade away after his 20-0 win next year, never officially retiring, and then for many years to come the Phantom of Wrestlemania will emerge once a year for a chokeslam-and-a-tombstone-squash-match against some lucky midcard guy who will be happy over the rub.
At some point he will be inducted into the Hall of Fame (could even be next year, mind you) and there will be no contradiction to him being dead (for the 17th time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back