• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top of the Class 2010, Hall of Fame Thread

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
Okay, we've seen some people over the years who have been top of their Hall of Fame class. When I say this I mean, they've been treated slightly better then the other legends, saved till last and given the spotlight. By this I mean people like JR, Hogan and Austin.
This thread is simple:
"Who do YOU think should be the top of the class at the next Hall of Fame ceremony?"
There are plenty of people who in my opinion deserve the shot. And try not to go for The Rock straight away, because that's a little obvious. I'll start out with 2 suggestions of my own:

The Undertaker-
Who says that active wrestlers don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Ric Flair was one (even though that was like, for one day (Y'know, his last match the next day and all)). Undertaker is definatly a Hall of Famer in everyone's mind, let's just make it official. Don't you think it'll be cool for the person to announce Undertaker at WM as "WWE Hall of Famer"?
Mark Galloway may be human, but the Undertaker is definatly immortal and can never die! (He just keeps coming back) But I think the real question is, WHO is worthy enough to induct the Deadman?

Vincent Kennedy McMahon-
I think it's about time that Vince added his own name to the Hall of Fame roster. You can imagine him giving himself so much hype, LOL. Vinnie McMahon is the father or proffesional wrestling and has built an empire. Shane or Triple H would be great to induct him (or if you want to get controversial, Bret Hart :theyareontome:)

So go on, give your ideas on who deserves to be the top of the 2010 Hall of Fame class...

Okay, we've seen some people over the years who have been top of their Hall of Fame class. When I say this I mean, they've been treated slightly better then the other legends, saved till last and given the spotlight. By this I mean people like JR, Hogan and Austin.
This thread is simple:
"Who do YOU think should be the top of the class at the next Hall of Fame ceremony?"
There are plenty of people who in my opinion deserve the shot. And try not to go for The Rock straight away, because that's a little obvious. I'll start out with 2 suggestions of my own:

The Undertaker-
Who says that active wrestlers don't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Ric Flair was one (even though that was like, for one day (Y'know, his last match the next day and all)). Undertaker is definatly a Hall of Famer in everyone's mind, let's just make it official. Don't you think it'll be cool for the person to announce Undertaker at WM as "WWE Hall of Famer"?
Mark Galloway may be human, but the Undertaker is definatly immortal and can never die! (He just keeps coming back) But I think the real question is, WHO is worthy enough to induct the Deadman?

Vincent Kennedy McMahon-
I think it's about time that Vince added his own name to the Hall of Fame roster. You can imagine him giving himself so much hype, LOL. Vinnie McMahon is the father or proffesional wrestling and has built an empire. Shane or Triple H would be great to induct him (or if you want to get controversial, Bret Hart :theyareontome:)

So go on, give your ideas on who deserves to be the top of the 2010 Hall of Fame class...

I can't really ever see Vince inducting himself as that would leave him open to crictism from certain quaters about his arrogance. Just my feeling. However I agree he does deserve to be in there, I just don't see it happening whilst he's alive.

As for Taker,whilst you are correct that there is no reason currently active members should be inducted, it does seem to fit better if it's done at the end of thier careers, not during, as a final "thank you" for thier efforts in the business. Again just a feeling but I don't see Taker being inducted until after he's done(or like Flair,the night before his final match).

The problem with the HOF is being inducted depends on factors aside from the impact you made on the industry,for example:
1.) If you are still on good terms with Vince(see Macho man Randy Savage)
2.) If you can be relied upon to turn up sober(see Jake Roberts)
3.) If (in the case of the main couple of inductees) curent fans know who you are.
Bearing this in mind I feel there is a good chance of Ted Diabse senior being inducted this year, and I have a feeling about Goldberg as well.But my wishlist would be:
Owen Hart/Jake Roberts/Savage and Ted diabse snr. There the names that come up in my head straight away. Now I'll sit back and wait for people to say Warrior should be inducted,despite his limited in ring ablity and the fact he's a bigot.

I would wait till taker actually retires (although he is a shoe in for the HOF, I don't know if anyone had the longevity of Taker. I can't think of too many main eventers that were around for 20 years, in the same company no less).
VKM should be in it this year though. No one changed the business like Vince did and IMO nobody deserves it more than him (of course he is the reason for the HOF and the WWE in general).
Others I would like to see are Sammartino and Savage (although we all know that will never happen).
For guys I would like to see in this year, I would say Ted Dibiase and Rick Rude are my 2 top picks for the HOF this year. Seriously, I can't believe they have Koko in there, but not these 2 guys.

With the recent Macho Man DVD and him being added to the WWE alumni profile page on WWE.com, I'm beginning to believe things are getting better between VKM and Macho Man. So he is my top choice to headline the 2010 class. With the number 2 guy being Ted Dibiase. The guy deserves it and he was one of, if not the best heel of all time.

For 2010, I'd like to see Owen Hart, Jake Roberts, Vince McMahon and for the love of God the "Macho Man" Randy Savage. I know they are not on good terms, but the guy is a legend. There's no reason why he should not be in the HOF. Same for Jake Roberts. He's in rehab, and if he's doing well, should def be considered. Owen Hart, not enough can be said about such a great guy. No excuse as to why he hasn't been put in yet. Finally, Vincent Kennedy McMahon!!! The guy has built the very company we have watched since we were born for the most part. He's the reason this company has overcome so much and I don't see why the chairman hasn't put himself in yet!

Taker will not be inducted until after he retires. Vince (and Taker himself) will not allow him to show up somewhere out of character and he's not gonna deliver his Hall of Fame speech as the Deadman, so he'll have to be long retired before he gets inducted. Which is good business.

Forget Savage. Vince released a DVD because it would benefit Vince financially. He's never getting inducted. Deal with it.

Here are possibilities for this year: Dibiase, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior and Honky Tonk Man.

My best guesses are Dibiase and Honky for 2010.

It would be great to see Macho Man head the class for 2010. Ted Dibiase would be great to see too. I would like to see the Road Warriors being inducted this year since WWE really doesn't have too many tag teams in the HOF. Rick Rude should be inducted also, I'm not sure WWE will put 3 huge names like this in the HOF, but I can dream. As long as Doink the Clown or the Repo Man aren't inducted it will be good.

I say the diva that should be inducted is Miss Elizabeth in '10. I don't know why they havent inducted her yet. If it wasnt for Liz they're wouldn't be a place in the wwe for the divas. so there's my choice for hof 2010.

I say the diva that should be inducted is Miss Elizabeth in '10. I don't know why they havent inducted her yet. If it wasnt for Liz they're wouldn't be a place in the wwe for the divas. so there's my choice for hof 2010.

Speaking of divas, why not Trish or Lita. They certainly are amongst the best divas in recent memory to entertain in the ring. Of course a diva would never headline a HOF induction.

I know this is definitely not going to happen, but with Sting's retirement, he should get put in. Yeah he never stepped foot in a WWE ring and Vince hates that, but even he would have to recognize how impressive it is for a wrestler to never work with the WWE and still become iconic in the business.

Here is my Top Ten (even though I know they'll never induct 10 people at one time lol): In no particular order...

1) The Road Warriors-Arguably the greatest tag team ever in the business. Holders of ALL the major titles in the U.S. as well as Japan.

2) The Fabulous Freedbirds-Pionners in every sense of the word. This team, like the Warriors placed such an impact on tag-team wrestling and basically were the glue that held World Class Wrestling together.

3) Arn Anderson-Double A was as Jim Ross would say "double tough" and was a true gem to watch in his heyday(s). The man was a master on the mic cutting promos that got you so wrapped up you HAD to pay to see him wrestle.

4) Rick Rude-A former NWA tag champ along with being an IC title-holder. Rude was slick, cunning, had a great body, decent mic skills and was a pleasure to watch in the ring.

5) Bob Backlund-I've heard rumors that Backlund and McMahon doesn't see eye to eye, however, you cannot take away from his overall ability and the fact he has the 2nd longest title regin in WWE history.

6) Randy "Macho Man" Savage-While I was never really a big fan of Savage, the man was a great talent. He brought a certain kind of excitment you only see in a select few and was as crazy as they come.

7) Bruiser Brody-This is probably the longest of long shots, but go back and watch some of Bruiser's old matches and tell me this man wasn't great. Go ahead, tell me...

8) Bruno Sammartino-Vince, you need to patch things up with him. Bruno, you need to get over yourself. If these two things happen, he'll stop being the Pete Rose of the WWE.

9) Jim Crokett Sr.-Jim Crokett was basically the grandfather of professional wrestling. He formed the NWA and always was insturmental in what would become the WWWF (later the WWF/E. Jim Sr. was a master business man and should be in there along side the likes of Verne Gange and Vince Sr.

10) Owen Hart-I left Owen for last because I personally feel 11 years after his untimely death should be long enough to wait, or has Vince actually forgot a man named Owen Hart once wrestled for him and died in his ring? I hope not. If not, then Owen is a sure lock as he was a great technical wrestler (dare I say better than Bret) as well as funny, exciting and a damn good guy.

Anyone have a suggestion on who I should add/subtract from my list? Lemme know. Thanks.

Speaking of divas, why not Trish or Lita. They certainly are amongst the best divas in recent memory to entertain in the ring. Of course a diva would never headline a HOF induction.

I know this is definitely not going to happen, but with Sting's retirement, he should get put in. Yeah he never stepped foot in a WWE ring and Vince hates that, but even he would have to recognize how impressive it is for a wrestler to never work with the WWE and still become iconic in the business.

From what I hear Vince IS a Sting fan and has no issue with him not working for WWE. Sting is not on the dreaded "enemy" list, and when he stops working for TNA(which many expect to be late this year or early next year) he is likely to be offered a place. Above all Vince knows there would be money to be made by inducting Sting.I would not be surprised at all to see Sting put in.

Macho Man definately should get the nod and the spotlight. He is the biggest name in WWE history that I no off that is not there yet. And Miss Elizabeth should get the nod at the same time in my opinion. Someone else I will throw out there while he wouldnt be at the top of the class by any means would be Tony Schivanoe. For us old die hard WCW fans he was the voice of our wrestling product for a good 15 to 20 years and he did spend some time in WWE.

In a perfect world I'd have to agree with Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth but the way it is I can't see that happening. I'd have to agree with Ted Dibiase and the Road Warriors.

Also with reagrds to Trish I think she might get inducted at the next Wrestlemania in Canada.

Macho Man OOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! There is no one other than the Road Warriors more deserving to get in. When you look at the WWE main event scene when Savage was the world champ, it was Hogan and him. That's it. There was no one else. Savage was a special talent that made everyone look good, regardless of how talented the other wrestler actually was. I can't remember a bad match of his.

While it probably won't happen until he finally retires, having Vince induct himself, build himself up would be hilarious to me. A lot of people could headline this year's class: Rick Rude was mentioned, The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom.

I personally will spend another year hoping for The Macho Man. Seeing Randy Savage lead this year's class would be great. It has 0.01% of happening, but here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

Well I do agree with Midnite Express 2009 in a few in this category

1. "Ravishing" Rick Rude > he had great feuds with Steamboat, Warrior & Roberts, but I feel he should get the HOF vote strictly for working half decent matches with the Ultimate Warrior lol

2. Miss Elizabeth > despite what happened around her death, she was the original diva, working with Hogan, Savage & Flair

3. "Macho Man" Randy Savage > with the exception of his mic skills, or lack there of, he was a great performer, working with the top tallent during most of his career, either WWF or WCW

4. Owen Hart > except the World Championship, held every other major title, played great roles, and had a epic rapor everyone

5. Fabulos Freebirds > epic tag team with any organization

for the next few HOF years:
2011: Shawn Michaels, the Legion Of Doom/Road Warriors, Arn Anderson
2012: The Undertaker, Vince McMahon, Trish Stratus

Longshots: Kurt Angle, Jake Roberts, Sable

If the rumours are true, Shawn Michaels is going to be retiring after next year's Wrestlemania. So I'm thinking if that's true, we'll see a Ric Flair type send off. An emotional match with Triple H, and an angle they can build from it like HBK vs Batista last year. Personally I hope it's not Shawn's last year, but if it is then he deserves to have his career celebrated with a place in the Hall of Fame.

And Undertaker, if he's leaving as rumoured to be too. But until we get confirmation of either man retiring, then we can't really be sure about them being inducted into the 2010 hall of fame.

They always seem to have a wrestler who passed away early, so they might induct Owen Hart this year. Whether or not he deserves it will be up for debate. But I'm thinking if Junkyard Dog can get into the hall of fame, then why not Owen? He has at least 2 five star matches and he stuck by WWE through his entire career, so there's no reason he shouldn't be considered.

It seems that WWE have slowly been warming to Randy Savage recently, with the DVD. I know it'd probably just for money, but Savage deserves a place in the hall of fame. So I say he should be the top inductee in this year's HOF.

Nobody else thinks that the Rock in 2010 is likely? They had Stone Cold in 09... I think the Rock has well and truly earned his place in the Hall of Fame and can't see why they wouldn't induct him now of all times, but I am inclined to agree with everyone in that Macho Man deserves a spot.

Well I do agree with Midnite Express 2009 in a few in this category

1. "Ravishing" Rick Rude > he had great feuds with Steamboat, Warrior & Roberts, but I feel he should get the HOF vote strictly for working half decent matches with the Ultimate Warrior lol

2. Miss Elizabeth > despite what happened around her death, she was the original diva, working with Hogan, Savage & Flair

3. "Macho Man" Randy Savage > with the exception of his mic skills, or lack there of, he was a great performer, working with the top tallent during most of his career, either WWF or WCW

4. Owen Hart > except the World Championship, held every other major title, played great roles, and had a epic rapor everyone

5. Fabulos Freebirds > epic tag team with any organization

for the next few HOF years:
2011: Shawn Michaels, the Legion Of Doom/Road Warriors, Arn Anderson
2012: The Undertaker, Vince McMahon, Trish Stratus

Longshots: Kurt Angle, Jake Roberts, Sable

Are you kidding me saying the Macho Man had no mic skills? Yea it was a diffrent time and interviews were diffrent back then but Macho on the mic was golden back in the day. His ooooh yea is known by every casual fan to diehard fan around the world. You gotta rember interviews in WWE back then were suposed to be loud and over the top.

I have just one name. I know I will probably get a lot of flack for this, but I have to say ERIC BISCHOFF. He was not a wrestler, but when I think about professional wrestling at its best, I think of the Monday Night Wars. Eric Bischoff is in a way responsible for making WWE what it is today. Without WCW as competition we fans suffer from a lackluster product today. When all is said and done, Eric Bischoff has had just as big of an impact on the professional wrestling industry as any wrestling superstar ever has. He should be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Anyone agree?

RVD BABY! WOOO! FIRST POST EVER! But seriously man, Owen just won't be in there. His wife has held a grudge against the WWE, ever since his death. She is the only one who can allow him into the Hall. And she won't let that happen anytime soon. Some other names that should be in there are Ted Dibiase and HBK. Seems like it'll be his last go round here (hopefully not).

if you are going to put one team in there it has to be the horsemen, and ric flair should induct them, (aa, tully, windham)

would also love to see the rock get inducted, wondering when that would happen.

huge fan of macho man, he needs to get inducted already, would be funny if hogan does it.

jake the snake, another one of my favorites, and i met personally at one of the hotels i worked at, needs to be in he has done a lot for the business.

would love to see ali in the celebrity wing, that would be awesome

and for the wrestlers that have past away they are only going to induct one, but which do you go with, rude or owen, i would have to say rude he was great and just the fact he was doing it longer

I have just one name. I know I will probably get a lot of flack for this, but I have to say ERIC BISCHOFF. He was not a wrestler, but when I think about professional wrestling at its best, I think of the Monday Night Wars. Eric Bischoff is in a way responsible for making WWE what it is today. Without WCW as competition we fans suffer from a lackluster product today. When all is said and done, Eric Bischoff has had just as big of an impact on the professional wrestling industry as any wrestling superstar ever has. He should be a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. Anyone agree?

While I do agree with this, it's too early. If Vince isn't in, Eric won't be, as deserving as it is. I think they should make Vince/Eric/Heyman all in 2014...

My lineup is as follows:

Main name:
Owen Hart... it's about damn time. Seriously Vince... what the hell are you waiting on??

Tag Team:
Road Warriors... though WWE would say Legion of Doom probably... whhhhhhhhhaaaaaatttt aaa ruuuuussshhhh it would be to have the memory of Hawk put back into the main light. They deserve it.

Manager/Annoucer:
They like to do one every year it seems (only paying attention to HOF since about 2004)... so I say Tony Schivone. One of the best guys in the position ever and after all, HE was the one would actually said the ill fated "Mick Foley wins the WWF title" line...

Random WTFs...
Just becuase I can....
Brooklyn Brawler. If there was ever a random that deserved it it's him. That's all that ever needs to be said.

Big Boss Man...
Now I personally think he is deserving becuase he's one of the most remembered guys because of the COPS gimmick. But because he actually pinned Al Snow on a Fence... he won't make it. Though he WAS in the main event of the first ever Monday Nitro in a WCW title match with Hogan... though many remember that for when Lex Lugar re-appeared in WCW and have forgotten the forgettable match... and his "Guardian Angel" gimmick after the crooked man has "seen the light"... Yes I am a BBM Mark

And since it was mentioned... put Lawrence Taylor or Mike Tyson in the Celeb wing. LT created a lasting Wrestlemania moment and actually made me a fan of BamBam and Tyson was part of the biggest WM main event of the Attitude Era and it's still remembered and mentioned in 2009!!!

Rude, Sherri, Miss Elizabeth, Savage, Arn/Tully

'Taker, HBK, Kamala, APA...

Seeing as 2010 looks like HBKs last Mania do what they did with Flair and induct him before his last match. Though It may not of been Flair's farewell depending on the result of the match. But Micheals has done a lot for the WWE and were does it say in the rule book that the inductee has to be retired or a inactive performer to be put in the HOF

Macho Man Randy Savage: I mean the guy deserves his spot he did one hell of a title rein from 88-89 was one of the biggest superstars of the Golden WWF Era and outshone Hogan for a year. Savage was one of the best of all time and whats with all this Vince wont put them in the HOF if hes got beef with them i mean Bret got in and theres the whole SS97 ScrewJob going around still. So why cant we see HBK and Savage in 2010

I would wait till Taker is going to retire to induct him. But as for the top of the class I think The Rock should get it this year. He was one of the best guys on the mic of all time. He was great in the ring and the fans all love the Rock. Plus how big of a draw would that be for WWE? Since they announce whose getting inducted before, I would have the Rock come back(if the WWE could bring him back for a short run which I doubt they could), saying how he is going to be inducted into the HOF and then say how he wants to have one more match!(at Wrestlemania), against somebody, I would say John Cena since he's the face of the WWE and because of the real-life disagreements. Then they have a short rivalry with the Rock winning his final match at Wrestlemania 26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back