Will Sting accept the hall of fame?

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
I wasn't sure where to put this since it has a tna star in the topic but I was thinking of the wwe hall of fame. I know there is a topic on a wcw them hall of fame but the topic of this also was a litte bit different so Im sorry if it's in the wrong place so please move it , if it needs it.

But it looks like Vince would take sting into his wwe hall of fame!

My quesetion is, would he pull an ultimate warrior and turn it down? Sting is a man that im guessing has takin pride in the fact that he has never worked for Vince and is still a very big star to this day. Alot of wrestler's have worked for vince one way or another and in a sence, Vince has made them all who they are today.

There are alot of people that really hate vince and flat out refuse to work for him also. So if Vince gives sting the chance to be in his hall of fame, would sting take it or turn it down?

Yes, I think he wants nothing to do with Vince. By nothing I mean no Hall Of Fame induction, no DVD's(if they ever decide to do one). He won't even want his name mentioned by Vince Mcmahon.
He will deny it until his death and Vince or whoever is ruling the WWE by that time inducts him.

I was thinking the same thing with Sting. With the other WCW stars that Wrestlezone mentioned in putting in the Hall Of Fame, Sting is the only one that never worked with Vince...Here are some of the others mentioned: Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, The Road Warriors. I hope Sting does accept the call to the Hall. IMO he deserves it.

If he did I'm guessing that he'd have control on how he gets inducted. I doubt that he'd want to do a storyline since that's what I've heard he's wanted to avoid with the WWE. They'd probably also try to butcher him since he's never worked with Vince and that's who he would probably work with in a story.

If it does happen he's probably going to be the marquee name. Any WWE DVDs put out almost always paint Sting as being a great guy and a great worker, at least as far as I know. They often go out of their way to bash talent they don't have a current relationship with so it's notable they did that for Sting. One thing to remember about Sting is that he is friends with a couple of big people in the WWE, so I would say this is just up in the air.

So far as I know, Sting and Vince McMahon are two people that don't have any problem or animosity with one another. Sting just wasn't interested in going to the WWE because he saw what happened to a lot of the WCW guys and figured he might get similar treatment. Maybe he would have or maybe he wouldn't have, but I can't blame him for wanting to protect his wrestling legacy.

Would Sting accept a place in the HOF? I don't see why not. Some of the inductees in the HOF this year are wrestlers that didn't have that huge of an impact or work all that long with the company in the past. Your average fan probably has no clue to Antonio Inoki or Mad Dog Vachon are or where they aquired their greatest levels of success prior to their mention on Raw. Of course, it'll never happen as long as Sting is under contract to TNA. Who knows. Sting might not even be able to accept such an honor while he is under contract to TNA. After all, it wouldn't do to have one of the biggest names on your roster appear at the biggest show of the year for your chief rival to receive an award from them. I know Vince would crap all over himself and Dixie probably would too.

the thing is i think they want the hall of fame to be like it is for other sports and not just the wwe hall of fame but the wrestling hall of fame so inducting sting would legitimize the hall for those who don't work for wwe. I think it would recognise that there are other companies out there and there are people who bust there ass for the industry even if they don't work for WWE. I think Sting should accept it as it would pave the way for other non-wwe workers to be inducted in the future. But weather he would accept or not, i guess that would all depend on what he thought would be the benifit of being inducted to him and to others.

I dont think Sting has a place in the WWE Hall of Fame. He never worked for them. I know there are others, but I dont see a reason to have someone who was never employed by them to be in the hall unless they were closely involved in creating a WWE star or something. The WWE Hall of Fame has no prestige anyway cause its basically whatever Vince wants it to be, and whoever Vince wants in, unless they turn him down. There is no system or requirement to get in so I dont see how Sting would really feel honored by the offer. Just a way for Vince to have some kind of hold on him.

I don't see why not? there celebrating all he's done for the wrestling business. Doesn't matter if its been in WWE or not.

I really dont think Vince is gonna have anything about his time in TNA, in fact with Vince's ego i wouldnt doubt if he tells Sting to bury TNA.

Thats why i doubt Sting will ever accept a HOF induction. He deserves to be in A HOF but not one with the likes of Pete Rose. The WWE HOF isnt as glorious as some people make it out to be.

When people say that Sting has never worked for the WWE, he has worked for WCW which the WWE essentially owns. He has a great legacy in wrestling and was a key player in the WCW/Nitro & The Monday Night Wars.

The WWE has inducted people in the past that never worked for him (Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Peter Maivia & Gordon Solie, among others)

I think he would accept an induction into the hall of fame as long as he is not in TNA at the time, which according to many wrestling news sites, if it wasn't for Ric Flair he might not have stayed anyway.

Speaking of the Nature Boy, I think he is the only person who should even be considered to induct Sting into the Hall of Fame.

Sting has never worked 4 Vince McMahon, therefore, it would'nt make sense 4 him 2 be inducted in2 the WWE Hall of Fame, unless Vince decides 2 incorporate a WCW wing 2 the WWE Hall which would hen allow him 2 induct WCW greats like Sting, Barry Windham, Lex Luger & Magnum TA.

I don't think that Sting would have any problem with being inducted. He has no problems with Vince, or WWE.
But would Vince/WWE want to induct a wrestler who was worked for ALL of WWE's major competition (NWA, WCW, TNA)? Bearing in mind that WCW almost put WWE out of business.
Sting is the ONLY possible HOF'er that has never earned WWE a penny, so IMO, he will never get an invite to the HOF

I grew up watching WCW, and I think in fact if the idea was to be WCW theme for the hall of fame Sting would accept.I don't know why there is so much heat on if sting should be accepted damn pete rose was inducted.
The truth of the matter is this if sting doesn't accept an invite to the hall of fame you can not I repeat can not have a WCW themed hall of fame. He was labeled as the franchise of WCW and I can also tell you that even though there was hogan and flair the whole NWO thing not one person can honestly say WCW without Sting being the first name that comes to mind.With all of those guys there he was still portrayed as the face of the company that is something that not many people can say with the legacy of a Hogan and a Flair in a company. the steiners, simmons, arn anderson, luger, muta, and whoever else came to vince's mind would need to Sting to accept otherwise there would be no point in having a hall of fame induction with wcw NONE

Long time reader, first time poster..

Reading all these posts about how since Sting never worked for Vince he shouldn't be in the WWE hall of Fame. What most people are forgetting is that there is a precidence for this. The first one that comes to mind is Verne Gange, he owned a competitive company. Thats as far as working for someone as you can get. Antonio Inoki this year is another, not working for WWE doesn't seem to be an issue.

I agree with Mr. Hammer. Vince always has spoken highly of Sting, and they don't go out of their way to mention him when they speak of WCW whether it be on DVD or on a broadcast. Flair has mentioned him a few times. Sting has also given interviews saying the only reason he didn't go to WWE was that no really established talent went and he felt that wasn't the real WCW. As long as he wasn't in TNA and Vince approached him about heading up the WCW class, then I think 100% he would accept. Hell, Bill Watts went in and I don't think he ever worked for WWE and he got inducted. I think it would put some legitimacy in a so/so hall of fame.

Definitely an interesting point here. Personally I think he would accept because there's no real reason for him not to accept (unless he's still under contract with TNA)

Everything I've always heard about Sting says that he didn't want to work for the company because of their edgy programming. Sting is a very devout Christian, and he just didn't want to be perceived in that light.

If he does get inducted, I agree that Ric Flair should be the one to induct him. However, I doubt that will happen ... in his place, i think HBK will induct him. I believe it was Sting who opened his eyes to Christianity. Correct me if I'm wrong about that one.

No one should induct Sting other than Flair. There is no question in my mind about who should induct Sting.

WWE was always edgier than WCW as far as sex and writing went, and that would make sense for Sting to avoid. I don't how he could reconcile his beliefs with being on a show featuring necrophilia. I also don't understand how he could reconcile his beliefs while playing the angel of death for nearly a decade either, but nothing in wrestling ever makes much sense so I can let that go.

I think he would accept. I don't think he has a personal problem with Vince, and appearing on one black tie TV show to be enshrined amongst the immortals of the business shouldn't bother him too much.

I'd love to see Sting get inducted into the WWE HoF, but Sting has stated for years is that he wants nothing to do with them. I know for a fact that the WWE has highly praised Sting for years despite the fact that he's never worked for them, and that Sting only has mutual respect for the WWE and nothing more. Whether he decides to be inducted or not I'll respect his decision no matter what he decides. Since WrestleMania is going to be in Atlanta next year, it would be great to see Sting to be the main induction into the HoF that year since he has dominated that territory for most of his career. Unfortunately, all we can do now is wait.

How come I seem to be the only person who didn't hear Sting say he wants nothing to do with the WWE?

From what I have heard in interviews, he has nothing but the utmost respect for Vince McMahon & McMahon has respect for him. While he has never signed with the WWE, it was originally due to seeing that the WCW invasion angle wasn't going well and that many WCW guys were always playing second fiddle to WWE guys. For the past couple of years he has stated that he doesn't want to be on the road as often as he would need to be with the WWE, which is one of the main reasons he is in TNA.

I think if he wasn't in TNA & the WWE asked him to be in the hall of fame and/or help with a DVD about him that he would do it.

And for the record, why the WWE has yet to offer Sting a contract with a reduced schedule similar to HBK & Undertaker is beyond me. If they were willing to do that for some of the bigger names they would be able to sign more people. (eg: The only reason RVD said he didn't want to go back to the WWE was the schedule, same with Booker T)

I'm pretty sure we've all seen the interview on YouTube where Sting explained what made him decide not to go with the WWE, but that in no way should hint to us that he would turn down a HOF induction, especially for one honoring WCW.

The question I'm asking myself, as many others are, will Vince actually give some kudos to WCW for a change and actually do a WCW theme WWE HOF next year?

Someone made a comment that Sting would not want to have Vince having a hand on Sting. That's wrong I think, I dont believe Vince would have any say so on Sting after the induction. Just like I believe when the day comes that WWE finally puts out a Sting biography DVD, and trust me that day will happen, Sting will be involved with it.

Now if Sting's still working for TNA when this rolls around next year, then you can bet your bottom dollar he will not be asked to be inducted.

As far as the question of Vince not wanting Sting to be inducted because he never worked for him, that's hog wash. Vince and his people are smart enough to know it would not only give some kind of cred to the WWE HOF, but they also know Sting has a loyal following and would tune in to see it, and it would mean more money for them if it meant they could ride that momentum for a DVD release on Sting.

Who shoudl induct him? Flair is an obvious choice, but if he's still contracted to work at TNA, that wont happen.

Someone mentioned HBK. Well, that was my first thought as well. There's a heavy admiration there between those two stemming from their faith.

JR would be a good choice given their past friendship, but that also depends on his health.

Believe it or not, I think if Vince himself inducted Sting, it would speak volumes to the wrestling community as a whole and show people that there is a real admiration there and it doesnt matter that Sting never worked for the WWE.

So to repeat myself, in closing, I can see it happening. IMHO people have blown things way out of proportion on Vince and Sting.

If it happens, I'll be watching.

Well too me I personally would love to see Sting inducted into the HOF but this all depends on the key factor of where he stands with TNA at the time of the offer.

As for those people who say Sting has never worked for Vince, I am sorry to say but you are incorrect. Look back to the last week of WCW as an official company. Who owned that company at the time of the last ever WCW Nitro? It was Vince that's who. So technically Sting has worked for Vince before in his career but not in a WWE capacity.

But all in all at the end of the day if Vince does extend the offer to Sting I am sure he would take deep consideration before deciding.

No, a hundred times no.

Sting will never accept the HOF offer.

He never went to WWE in the first place, so why would he accept an HOF invitation from a company he's never worked for (yes, I know, irony, they own WCW, basically he's in one way or another worked for them).

I agree with alx626, the WWE usually paints Sting in a greater light as opposed to those who have previously worked with the company and have moved on (i.e. Sting's old tag team partner, The Ultimate Warrior). I think it's Sting's call to make and would be probably the biggest induction and hype of induction for any wrestler besides Flair. Sting is a legend, I don't think he's an icon, but that's debateable, I think Sting, for his fans, would make the right decision and go to the HOF. There's no telling 25 years from now if TNA will still be around anyway, or if the landscape of wrestling will be the same (I doubt it will be) as it is now. That being said, if Sting is/was waiting for TNA to induct him into THEIR HOF, then fagetaboutit! lol. It's not going to happen. Take it while you can. You can hate Vince all you want, but the bottomline is the WWE HOF (more or less in some cases) is the premier HOF for wrestlers and he should be included.

Well actually Nick Bockwinkel did briefly work for WWE after leaving the AWA. He worked as a heel announcer. But back to Sting. Yes I truly believe he should be in the WWE Hall. Yes he is a WCW guy. Yes he is a TNA guy. Buuuuut....look at the basketball HOF. They dont restrict thenselves to NBA players there are both ABA and WNBA palyers in that HOF. Even the baseball HOFF features players from both the Negro Leagues and the old American Association. If McMahon doesn't induct people like Stting, one day A.J. Styles(iassuming he doent 1 day jump), The Great Muta, and other legends then this Hall Of Fame is nothing more than a nostagia trip for ratings.

So far as I know, Sting and Vince McMahon are two people that don't have any problem or animosity with one another. Sting just wasn't interested in going to the WWE because he saw what happened to a lot of the WCW guys and figured he might get similar treatment. Maybe he would have or maybe he wouldn't have, but I can't blame him for wanting to protect his wrestling legacy.

Would Sting accept a place in the HOF? I don't see why not. Some of the inductees in the HOF this year are wrestlers that didn't have that huge of an impact or work all that long with the company in the past. Your average fan probably has no clue to Antonio Inoki or Mad Dog Vachon are or where they aquired their greatest levels of success prior to their mention on Raw. Of course, it'll never happen as long as Sting is under contract to TNA. Who knows. Sting might not even be able to accept such an honor while he is under contract to TNA. After all, it wouldn't do to have one of the biggest names on your roster appear at the biggest show of the year for your chief rival to receive an award from them. I know Vince would crap all over himself and Dixie probably would too.

this is one of the biggest BS comments Sting ever made. WWE buried some WCW talent.....sure. but they buried the talent that sucked anyway

last i checked WWE gave Goldberg a World title run, Steiner headlines a few PPV's and worked with Triple H for a bit. Booker T was given a really decent push or pushes. and lastly, Chris Jericho has turned into one of WWE's top guys

the whole, he didnt want to go to WWE because he thought he would get buried, IMO, holds no water. He didn't want to go to WWE because of their "attitude era" that was still going on. IMO, Sting could have been HUGE in WWE, but hes now past his prime, and im sure even if he was interested now, WWE probably wouldn't be, atleast not for a major program

Jesus Christ, if one more person says he didn't work for WWE so he wouldn't go in, I'm going to put my foot through my laptop. Antonio Inoki didn't work for WWE, his inductor Stan Hansen didn't either, and nor did Mad Dog Vachon. That means that of the 7 people announced to be part of this year's show, 3 are not WWE.

The only people who have turned it down to my knowledge are Bruno Sammartino and Ultimate Warrior. Sammartino turned it down because Pete Rose and William Perry are in it, but I doubt somebody who was in a company where David Arquette was World Champion is ever likely to care about non-wrestlers mixing with wrestlers. In Warrior's case there is a very real animosity between him and Vince McMahon, something that doesn't exist in Sting's case. In short, I think there's no reason he'd turn it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back