Banned from WWE Hall of fame DVD?

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay so we have the True story of Wrestlemania DVD coming up, and I started thinking.. I am sure that they are some people black listed from the HoF why not make a DVD about it explaining why? I mean if the WWE is going to burry people why not make money off it? (see Ultimate Warrior DVD)

Which wrestlers do you believe are banned from the Hall of Fame?

I know people would think Ultimate Warrior.. but he was offered to be in the HoF last year.. so he isn't banned in my eyes becasue of that. he simply denied the request.

Now I know there is not an official list out there.. but who wouldn't be in the hall of fame that should be?

Macho Man
Bruno Sammartino
Bob Backland
The New Age outlaws?
Eric Bishoff? Paul Heyman? (if vern gange are in there than shouldn't they?)
Sting? (Before he joined TNA in 2004 he could have been, Abdullah the Butcher is rumored to be in this year and he NEVER worked for Vince ever.)
Goldberg
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Chris Benoit (obvious reasons)

Who else?

A dvd explaining why these people are not in the hall of fame from a WWE perspective would be a good sell :) explaining their greatness but there downfall as to why they are not in the hall. Might bring some reasoning to what the standards of the hall of fame is for WWE.

A dvd explaining why? They could just do a press release and it would be over with. Plus an explanation wouldn't last long either.

Chapter 2: Why Randy Savage isn't in. "Because the rumor is he fucked Stephanie" next chapter.

Bruno rejected it himself, not WWE.

Backlund I don't think is blacklisted either. I can't think of a reason why he'd be banned.

So what if Abdullah is going in? He is still a legend. Vince never said you HAD to work for WWE to get in.

From what I understand, Bruno Sammartino has also been offered a spot in the HOF but turned it down because he does not want to be associated with the current wrestling product at all. So he should then fall into your same category as The Ultimate Warrior. Out of all these guys listed the only one I had ever heard was blacklisted from the HOF was Macho Man, but now he seems to be working with WWE and if they can continue to work together I believe he may be inducted within the next few years. He would have to be the headline name inducted and this year that is Shawn Michaels and next year it will probably be The Rock, so maybe 2 years from now will be his year.

So what if Abdullah is going in? He is still a legend. Vince never said you HAD to work for WWE to get in.

very true :) and there are a lot of my posts that states this to all the people who say Sting should not be in the HoF for not ever working for Vince. Which is why I put that up there.

But yeah I would like some explination as to why some haven't been. I mean they are others (not in the IWC) that have no idea what the reasons are.

Owen Hart
British Bull dog etc..

basically the topic of this thread is what names would you add to this list? and if making a DVD about this would be a good sale.

Backlund isn't in cause he doesn't consider himself retired. He has the mind set once he goes into the Hall he can't wrestle again. A man who keeps kayfabe alive.

Nash I'm sure isn't in cause he doesn't see himself as fully retired either.

Hall they haven't wanted at the HoF as even a guest over recent years because they don't know if he can control himself.

I know there was consideration to Goldberg but guess it fell through somewhere along the lines.

New Age Outlaws aren't deserving even by WWE standards. Doesn't mean they won't get in but I'm just saying I wouldn't put them in.

Sting is currently an active wrestler for TNA.

Heyman is busy with other things and may not be done with the business so doubtful he'd wanna go into any Hall of Fames.

Bischoff is working for TNA and who knows if he's burnt any bridges with Vince or not.

I don't think anyone is 100% blacklisted from the HOF. If Vince can make money from them joining I think he would put them in. Benoit I think might be the only one Vince couldn't some how make money from. Maybe 20 or so years down the road if they start to ease him back into DVDs he might get in. But if Vince can make money he will put you in.

The only person on the list that I think he is truly blacklisted from the HoF is Benoit. I think that just about anyone else has some sort of shot of being asked.

There are some that won't accept (like Sammartino) but would still be asked.

Bischoff probably wouldn't be asked so long as he's with TNA, but afterwards, I don't think there is anything holding it back.

Also remember that right now, it's all up to Vince. Some years down the line though, when Steph and HHH are running it, things could be a completely different story.

None of these people are banned you listed sorry just seems silly to me. The only one maybe Macho Man but i feel he will be inducted in the coming years maybe saving it for the big one WM 30 when they may induct Randy and Liz.

Heres the rest of your list from what i've heard and read over the years. Bruno was asked and declined for now...same deal for Backlund but him for different reasons he didnt want to feel that old yet. Jr claimed he thought he had one more run in him but it didnt happen. For the rest of your list they just work for different compnaies or its just not time yet.

I guess i forgot Benoit he is banned.

Agreed, any wrestler could join the HOF, its just a matter of if the person wants to join. Unless the wrestler is a convicted pedophile or pulled a Benoit. They can join if they want to

Well, let's consider first that the WWE Hall of Fame is a sham. All the proof I need is that William "The Refrigerator" Perry who had a brief appearance, Bob Euker who wasn't all that funny, and Pete Rose who had no contribution other than being a joke are all in the WWE Hall of Fame. How can it be taken seriously even in a scripted "sport".

With that said, the Hall of Fame is supposed to be for those that stand out the most. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Rick Flair, etc for instance. Hacksaw Jim Duggan?? COME ON!! Not even close to their league. Missing from the Hall if it were to be taken serious: Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Sammartino, Backland, Magnum T.A., Road Warrior should have been unanimous with Hawk being waived the non-existent wait period. Bischoff and Heyman in under the non-existent "Contributors" category.

Nash and Hall didn't do enough. New Age Outlaws were a flash in the pan. When the time comes The Dudleys should get a nod as should the Steiner Brothers when the time comes. Sting should get a nod when the time comes. Yes, he had only 1 match technically on a WWE roster when the transfer of power from WCW to WWE happened. BUt WWE owns the WCW rights. Therefore, an argument can be made for Sting (as with Magnum TA). How about the Midnight Express under the same circumstances as Sting?

Well, let's consider first that the WWE Hall of Fame is a sham. All the proof I need is that William "The Refrigerator" Perry who had a brief appearance, Bob Euker who wasn't all that funny, and Pete Rose who had no contribution other than being a joke are all in the WWE Hall of Fame. How can it be taken seriously even in a scripted "sport".

With that said, the Hall of Fame is supposed to be for those that stand out the most. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Rick Flair, etc for instance. Hacksaw Jim Duggan?? COME ON!! Not even close to their league. Missing from the Hall if it were to be taken serious: Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Sammartino, Backland, Magnum T.A., Road Warrior should have been unanimous with Hawk being waived the non-existent wait period. Bischoff and Heyman in under the non-existent "Contributors" category.

Nash and Hall didn't do enough. New Age Outlaws were a flash in the pan. When the time comes The Dudleys should get a nod as should the Steiner Brothers when the time comes. Sting should get a nod when the time comes. Yes, he had only 1 match technically on a WWE roster when the transfer of power from WCW to WWE happened. BUt WWE owns the WCW rights. Therefore, an argument can be made for Sting (as with Magnum TA). How about the Midnight Express under the same circumstances as Sting?

Yes it's such a joke people like Flair and Ricky Steamboat cried while being inducted.

No one will take wrestling seriously in this country anyway, so people should get over it.

WWE can put whoever they want in, it doesn't matter if they worked for them.

You can't have the Midnight Express without Cornette, and I don't know if he'll be willing to do it without going crazy on everyone.

Come on man. Wrestlers are actors. Even Hogan cried when he lost the title. Pretty amazing since he knew he was losing it huh? Even those guys know it's a joke. Yeah, the WWE Hall of Fame is so relevant and important that you can go where to see the busts / gear / artifacts of these wrestlers??

Now, there is the Professional Wrestlers Hall Of Fame. My oh my, this Hall even has a selection process, something conveniently missing from the WWE. BTW, Macho Man is in this Hall, Pete Rose is not. http://www.pwhf.org/halloffamers/inductees.asp

You have Pete Rose in the WWE Hall of Fame and want me to believe that because Flair and Steamboat cried that its relevant?? He can't even get in the BASEBALL Hall of Fame where he was one of the greatest ever. Forget about the gambling. He earned his right to the Baseball Hall. But make yourself out to be a total dork and be made fun of gets you in a wrestling Hall? Serious? What other than that did he contribute to wrestling to make it a success? Is he a multi-title holder? Did he hold the title for a super long reign? Did he "electrify" the fans? No, No, No.

the warrior!

I heard he declined. Like someone said earlier, if Vince can make money off of you you will be in. Like i said earlier, it would take being a convicted pedophile or pulling a Benoit for Vince to not want a wrestler/wrestling promoter in the hall of fame.

Koko B Ware is in the Hall of Fame. Besides Benoit, anyone of these guys deserve to get in over him. Benoit will never get in. It will be a huge PR mistake to praise a double murderer no matter what brain trauma he had.

Also the problem with the WWE HOF is the fact you have to be asked to be in it and you can also decline because you are too busy or just don't want to. Can you imagin if it was just the baseball commisioner that chose on a whim who went in.

Baseball Commish: Hey would you like to come to wrestlemania and be part of the HOF, we will of course pay you for your attendance

Baseball Player: Nah, I'm not interested, I just don't like where the game is going these days

Baseball Commish: Ok, no problem. (YELLS to his secretary: OK WHOSE NEXT ON THE LIST)

Now I do not doubt that the tears are real, as it is an acknowledgement of their great careers

very true :) and there are a lot of my posts that states this to all the people who say Sting should not be in the HoF for not ever working for Vince. Which is why I put that up there.

But yeah I would like some explination as to why some haven't been. I mean they are others (not in the IWC) that have no idea what the reasons are.

Owen Hart
British Bull dog etc..

basically the topic of this thread is what names would you add to this list? and if making a DVD about this would be a good sale.

If i remember correctly.. Owen Hart won't get into the HOF because of his wife not wanting Owen's name anywhere near the WWE.. I'm pretty sure that i read that somewhere.. but you never know, things could change

I'm 100% sure benoit won't get inducted. 85% sure Owen won't get inducted and 75% sure that macho man won't get inducted. Although I'm starting to think the wwe I starting to warm up to savage.

I fail to see how Kevin Nash is blacklisted from the WWE Hall of Fame according to the OP.

Nash was a suprise entrant into the Royal Rumble and has apparantly signed a WWE legends contract which means he's signed and working for WWE in some capacity. I don't think Vince McMahon would offer someone he's black listed from his Hall of Fame a contract. Especially Kevin Nash when to be honest, the WWE would have been just fine without him. It wasn't an earth shattering thing so Vince doesn't really need Nash. He's not black listed at all I don't think.

I honestly think that when HHH is the main man and Vince is long gone (dead i guess :( ) That benoit will be inducted. He and Trips were pretty good friends and i have read a articel where HHH says that he hates the fact that he can't mention him as a great opponent and that they removes the picture of Eddie and Chris hugging at WM 20 at every WM promo video. So yeah, when HHH is the main man benoit will be inducted, but it will probobly be in like 10 years atleast!

Any normal person has to know and understand that they are responsible for their actions. However, the subject of Chris Benoit to me, seems similar to a double-edged sword. On the obvious front, if you only look at what he did at the end of his life, it's fairly cut and dry. However, and this is where hypocrisy and "the rub" come in, if you look at what part his WWE persona and the physicality of that persona played in him becoming what he was at the end, it's not so cut and dry. Remember there was a time where talent was given steroids to get bigger, and even after it was found to be a health concern, they wrestlers were still encouraged and kind of "pushed" to do it, until it was illegal. Then it wasn't done out in the open anymore, just "under the table." Then you have the infamous shots to the head. Nearly everybody took those once in a while. But it was so heavily built into Chris Benoit's character, just as other forms of injury were to other guys, i.e. Mick Foley and barb wire, etc.

This stuff can be compared to a boss having his entire staff do drugs. Some may have no urge for follow the lure of addiction and be just fine. Some may survive the fight and be okay. Some may succumb to addiction and then have to fight for their lives. And some may not make it. You can't predict how it will affect everybody but it's a safe bet that it's going to be detrimental to everyone to at least some degree so who would give their employees those kind of horrible odds to start with?

This truly has got to be one of the most classic examples of "When you point a finger at someone remember there are 3 fingers pointing back at you" that I've ever seen. WWE played what was, even though it may have been B-side, behind-the-scenes, a significant part in what happened to the Benoit family. So what do they do with Chris? Do they honor his work contributions, albeit ONLY THAT, or do that ostracize this man whose problems they had a hand in creating? No matter what they do, it won't be quite right.

also to those who complain about the guys getting in that "don't deserve it"...well take into consideration their career OUTSIDE of WWE.

KoKo B. Ware was a fantastic tag team wrestler and Junior Heavyweight in the South. He got several shots at Ric Flair for the NWA Title (which NWA booked as close to as "having to earning it" and as real as you can get...in terms of a committee voting to give that person a shot at the belt or to win it)

Duggan was a major player in the MidSouth/UWF territory before coming to the WWE. He even was an awesome heel competing against a face Ted Dibiase and Dr. Death Steve Williams.

and as for the celebrities going in.

Perry was a major name for WrestleMania 2 in Chicago. Plus remember when he was inducted, WM was held in Chicago.

Bob Uecker was funny and most wrestling fans remember his exchange with Andre and his commentary with Jesse Ventura at WM 3 and 4.

Pete Rose has one of the most memorable moments by being attacked by Kane for 3 straight Wrestlemania's. Plus...WWE wanted the publicity as being the only Hall of Fame that Pete could get into. (And who could forget Bobby Heenan's speech where he told Pete that he (Heenan) bet on wrestling...and sometimes did it from ringside. Pete's reaction was priceless).

And the HOF induction does mean a lot to these guys. They all still wear the ring they got from WWE. Heck...Hogan and Flair even made it part of a storyline in TNA. They STILL wear those rings and all the HOF'ers do.

All that was over Stephanie and if it did happen, and happened when that old rumor said it happened Stephanie was 18, which makes her legal. She was also what some poeple would call a "very old" 18, i.e., she was "easily wild." We know Stephanie could not have a been a minor as Vince and Linda could have, and I'm sure would have, had Randy arrested, charges pressed, etc. If that is what this feud, if there is a feud, is all about, then Vince and Linda should have done something about the behavior their daughter was developing as she became a young woman. Jim Ross has a reputation for being telling the truth like it is, being trusthworthy, etc. and his only comment was that this whole "rumor' thing was all a lot of crap anyway. In other words, it never happened.

Personally speaking, I liked Randy Savage - the man, or at least what the public knows of the man, not always the character. He spoke his mind, told it like it was, and let other decide if they wanted to like it or not. Randy also just got married again last year - and this is now just his 2nd wedding - to a woman he knew and loved years ago. If you read his interviews or see their pictures, out of that whole bunch, i.e. Hogan, Savage, etc. - Randy is the only one who looks truly at peace and happy.

The DVD wouldn't work and i'll tell you why. Basically it'd be a spoiler to every future hall of fame...i mean imagine they make the DVD and DONT put Randy Savage on it, that's as good as saying that he will be in the hall, they gotta have some mystery where possible, i mean there are givens like Shawn Micheals this year, but then there are some that come out and you think 'wow, good for them, they really deserve that' but you didn't expect them to get it. Not putting people on this blacklist would be as telling as the ones that do get put on it, and also, things change...5 years ago i wouldn't have dreamt of Bret Hart having anything to do with them and look how that's worked out

Exactly why is the Brtish Bulldog not in? Why are Yokozuna and Rick Rude? Where on Earth are Lita and Trish? Could they have done anything to have upset Vince? I don't know; but IMO they should be in. Also, if we count careers outside the E, where is Vader? Just figure I would throw some names out there that haven't been mentioned. But yeah it's a pile of BS that Macho, Bruno, Owen and dare I say it- Benoit, are not yet in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back