• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Would You Like To Return To WWE?

a7xfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
There are a few former WWE Superstars that I've been thinking about lately.

Firstly, Kurt Angle. This guy was one of the best in the ring and out. His matches were always 5 star quality and you could always see his passion and love for wrestling.

The second guy I'd like to see return to the E is John Bradshaw Layfield. I know almost everyone hated JBL, but you have to admit that he was a tremendous athlete, and his mic skills were excellent. I always loved seeing JBL, because he truly was a "Wrestling God".

Rob Van Dam. Everyone loved RVD. His matches, just like Angle, were always the best. He could always take on the big dogs. In time, we will see RVD come back to the WWE.

There are more former superstars that I'd like to return to the WWE, but what I want to know now is, who would you like to return?

Not so sure if I'd call JBL a "tremendous" athlete really. Always enjoyed his work in the mid-card and tag team division, never saw him as much of a star personally.

I think in terms of full-time returns, obviously bringing in a guy like Kurt Angle would add tons of credibility to the main event scene. I'd love to see a program between him and Punk, think it would great.

RVD would always be a fun one, and it appears it could very well happen, but I want him to have some purpose, be it a meaningful mid-card feud or even pushing him into WWE championship picture (the lower tier of it).

Obviously the biggest would be Lesnar, but even if he did, I can't imagine it would be long-term.

Shelton Benjamin maybe too, could be useful in the mid-card.

Nonetheless, only one here I see potentially happening would be RVD. Just wishful thinking.

I'd like to see Deuce and Domino Return Because, There are barley any good tag teams except Epico and The Usos. There Finisher was also quite painful, Crack em' in the mouth. But if it were Singles, I'd go With Deuce Because, He has a really good talent but WWE didn't look into him too much and Released him a year later of Domino got released.

JBL is a true wrestling god, i'd personally love to see him return and maybe take the WHC away from daniel bryan.

but... if i had to think of one person it would be CARLITO!!! he was one of the greatest high flyers of this century. But he'd have to be heel. I never really like him face. The WWE is missing a covinceing heel on smackdown and i possibly think he could fill this gap.

I agree with all 3 of your decisions. Angle however has bigger goals right now so if it happened it'd be atleast 2013 or later. I would like to see what they could do with him with the roster they have now.

Then JBL would be great but I'd rather see him as a heel manager maybe with a full stable. He doesn't have to wrestle to get heat so why take the younger guys spot.

RVD - He' is my 3rd favorite of all time and I'd love to see him finish his career in WWE. However, his TNA matches have been nothing compared to those in WWE, he just doesn't show the pizzaz he used to have. I really hope WHEN he returns we see the old RVD back.

then other picks would be:
MVP - I know he hated WWE for a long time b4 he left. however, if he could find a good storyline, I always said with him a Nation of Domination like stable with him the leader is what he needed to become champion. If they were to bring him back and use him correctly it'd be good for all. He was over with the crown as a face or heel. He had what it took. (however I think a lot of his downward push was the fact that he was in jail)

Shelton Benjamin has always said he may return and he put on good matches hopefully we see him back soon. However I don't see Haas coming with him.

Carlito - Now with Primo & Epico would be the perfect return for him, if he could stay motivated. It seemed the last 2 years in WWE he wasn't motivated.

Matt Morgan - i think he would fit in in WWE now. I mean now that he's made a name for himself in TNA.

Billy Gunn - I see this happening once Roadog is actually hired. Not as a wrestler but with periodical appearances and a backstage job.

finally a longshot,
Sean O'Haire had it and regrettably I think putting him with Piper ruined his push. Now I think he's gotten fat and keeps getting in trouble, but I think he had the gimmick to make it.

Even though he's under contract still Steve Austin you can have him out of his in-ring role have him play the face GM or "sheriff" counter to John Lauranities.

Brock Lesner even if he does only 4 PPV's(pulls a Rock with pre-recorded stuff) a year I'd be happy. PPV buy rates would go through the roof score him a light schedule no house shows and just a few non-wrestling RAW tapings a year.

Dudley Boys/New Age Outlaws the tag team division is a sham right now either of these teams in will enhance credibility.

Brett Hart make him the Smackdown GM or mentor role to Tyson Kid.

I haven't watched the stuff very much lately, so someone who could really rekindle my interest in the product is Brock Lesnar. He was always so fun to watch because he was such a versatile guy. He could go out and put on an amazing technical match, or he could go and just straight-up brawl with somebody. And once he found his groove on the mic, he wasn't all that bad to listen to either. There's a lot of guys who are big now that weren't when he was around, so him coming back could make for some interesting stuff.

Angle and JBL would both be fine. Obviously great workers and talkers, but we've seen them work with everyone before. The only new, intriguing feud I can think of would be Angle vs. Punk. At the same time though, both brands do sorely need more top heels. Angle and JBL could jump right into those roles.

I would like to see Batista return to the wwe. The reason I would like to see Batista return to the wwe is because he really criticized wwe for puting the world heavyweight championship on Daniel Bryan and basically also said he didn't think Daniel Bryan was ready for the world title. So I would bring back a heel Batista but not make it obvious that he was a heel. I would have Bryan getting beat down by like Henry and Barrett and then I would have Batista return for the save. I would then have Bryan and Batista face Barrett and Henry in the main event in a tag team match and have Batista and Bryan get the win and after the match I would have Batista layout Bryan. I think a feud with Batista would be a huge thing in elevating Daniel Bryan as a true credible world champion. So yeah I'd guess I'd like to see Batista return for that reason and not to mention he brings a ton of star power.

Lita. the diva divsion isnt good she can help alot. and i love and miss lita.

matt hardy. a good midcarder .

melina. Like i said the divsion sucks.

Johhny Nitro. I NO HE TURNED INTO MORRSION but i like johnney nitro better.

rob van dam. everyone loves him.

michelle mcool. love her

shawn michles . we need him back bad !!

Lita. the diva divsion isnt good she can help alot. and i love and miss lita.

matt hardy. a good midcarder .

melina. Like i said the divsion sucks.

Johhny Nitro. I NO HE TURNED INTO MORRSION but i like johnney nitro better.

rob van dam. everyone loves him.

michelle mcool. love her

shawn michles . we need him back bad !!

I always hate seeing the Diva's match, but if Lita came back, then I would love to watch because she'd be the only bearable "Diva" to watch. She could bring back the Women's Championship, screw the "Diva's championship". And I don't think we NEED Shawn Michaels back, there is nothing left for him to do or accomplish in the WWE. We have Cena, Orton (when he returns) Ziggler, Ryder, Barrett, Rhodes, Bryan, and a handful of others that can carry the WWE.

hardy needs to return to TNA and take the World title.. He cant advance any further in wwe for a plethora of reasons..

I would like to see Atlas, Benjamin, MVP, and maybe Carlio (in the midst of an identity crisis) returning to form a new Nation of Domination which would dominate Raw and aid Henry on SD.

i Would like to see RVD return and try to get the WHC. I wanna see him with that belt but I still want to see him return to Raw to settle old scores from right before his departure. I would like to see him target Big Sho for takin his ECW title.

Of course I still hold out hope Shamrock will return to take everyone on.

HBK could come back if he helped out Nash like he helped him back in da day. I dont wanna see him fued with Triple H just help Nash in his other disputes with other guys, id rather him just not address the issues between Nash and Trips.

MUHAMMAD HASSAN

Yes, yes, Fucking Yes.

Muhammad Hassan was probably THE greatest heel in the business. He had a fool proof gimmick that had to garner legitimate Heat. His mic work in his Debut with Mick Foley was so perfect and felt so personal. The debate he had with JR and King showed this guy had mic excellence and sounded so fluent and intelligent for any given situation.

He went on to have feuds and great matches with guys like HBK, Jericho, Benoit, Shelton, and of course the one that did him in, The Undertaker.

His mic work was spot on. He could work with just about anybody on the mic and in the ring. He went on a great run and got REALLY Hot, REALLY fast. The guy should've been a World Champion, but the Creative Team took his gimmick a little too far and didn't do their Homework. It's not really their fault, but they deserve a portion of the blame.

I would LOVE for this guy to come back. Just pick up where he left off and challenge for the World Title and go back to his gimmick. Challenge Daniel Bryan, or even go up against CM Punk. He could even make a Golden Feud with Ryder saying, "This is what's wrong with America" and blah blah blah. The stories write itself.

Too bad 9/11 was 11 years ago, and these "fans" wouldn't care enough about what we was saying to even give him Heat. It's really too bad. He became one of the best heels in a short amount of time. Would love to know where he'd be at Today.

I'm not a huge RVD fan, and as I've said on the RVD return thread, I'd rather him just stay put in TNA. I also agree that while many hate him, JBL was amazing. I wouldn't go as far as to say he really was a "wrestling god", but he was one of the best heel champions wrestling has ever seen. I'm also torn on a Kurt Angle return. On the one hand, he's one of the all-time greats, and to see him do one last run in WWE before retiring would be incredible. On the other hand, he's turned into such a dramatic jack-ass. I can just see there being a lot of backstage drama and politics upon his return, and I also don't want to see an up-and-comer buried to give him a position. But yes, gun-to-my-head, I'd like to see Angle return home at some point.

As for who I personally would like to see return...

4828826_crop_340x234.jpg
I have always thought Haas & Benjamin were a fantastic tag team. Everyone knows Shelton lacked drive during his run as a singles star in WWE, and that Haas can't draw worth a dime. But together they were unstoppable! They are currently a huge tag team in Ring of Honor, and they definitely have the in-ring skills to help resurrect WWE's dead tag team division.

b9000edbd34.jpg
I know, this is a controversial one. Right now most people don't want anything to do with Jeff Hardy. The funny thing is, when he was on top of WWE, I couldn't have cared less about him! But I realized after he left that he really was a dynamic star that could wrestle a great match. He figured out how to draw, and I think he left right at the peak of his popularity... I like him in TNA too, but I think he could help the current product out a lot more in WWE.

716__267x400_tna-bully-ray.png
Just a year ago I would have told you that Bully Ray could retire and I wouldn't shed a tear. Seriously one of the most over-rated stars in the history of the business. But in 2011 he changed his character, shed D-Von, and became one of my favorite heels in the industry today. I would love to see his current character run amuck in the WWE one last time before he hung up his boots. I think CM Punk could have a field day with the real-life drama and bring it into his promos.

Another-Victory-For-the-Gorgeous-Divas.jpg
Please? Pretty please?

RAW_838_Photo_064.jpg
Maryse truly was a "diva" in every sense of the word. She had beauty and a whole lot of attitude. She was one of the very few WWE divas to have a unique personality and character, and I can't believe they just let her go... Too adult for a PG product? Who the hell cares! Little boys are looking up much worse shit on the internet when they're parents are looking anyways! Stop protecting kids from puberty and give me back my GOOD divas!

There are two possibilities for me and the first would be the animal Batista. I loved Batista as a face in the mid 2000's and was a big fan of his heel character that he used with John Cena. I would love to see him come back one more time as a face to do that machine gun thing in his entrance with the pyro.

Next, i would have to pick Kurt Angle. Angle had it all. The best in ring worker in the Attitude era in my opinion, good on the mic, generated a good amount of heat, and the guy was funny. I was always entertained whenever Angle's music came on and the fanfare of trumpets was loudly overlapped by the "You Suck" chants.

I don't want RVD, Kurt Angle or any of those guys because they don't really add anything to the show. Angle is broken down and freaking nuts to boot. RVD is lazy and the WWE seemed to have a hard enough time figuring out what to do with him the first time around. Shelton was boring and made it as far as he should ever go during his first stint.

Guys who could help the WWE would be Lesnar, but I doubt he has the motivation to become a regular player in the WWE. Hassan would be cool but I'm worried his time has passed and he wouldn't be able to garner the heat he had when he left.

This leaves guys like Chris Masters who was getting all kinds of praise for his improved ring work before he got canned. I think Masters deserves another chance. I also think Morrison (Even though I'm not a fan) has something to offer on the upper mid card. JBL is a guy who gets heat every time he opens his mouth and he could help the show. So pretty much any of the guys I just named would be nice to see back.

id like to see 4 of the best( NOT the best) risktakers return to the company-
Rob Van Dam( realy Likely)
John Morrison( Likely)
Shelton Benjamin ( a Chance)
Jeff Ha rdy ( too busy with TNA but hopefully he'll return one day)

Im going to say I want Angle back just so we can get a dvd out of it since I miss seeing his old matches and his earlier work in the company. I don't think he would fit in with the product now and I feel like he has no interest or would have been back already. I think Haas and Benjamin would be good to have back to get this tag team division going again. I am still in the belief that JBL should come back as a manager role and essentially manage Del Rio. I think that could work out.

IF creative and Vince were smart enough to use these wrestlers correctly, which I doubt would ever happen, then I would want back Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Kurt Angle, John Morrison, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Kaval, Taijiri, and Billy Kidman.

Shelton: This man is talent. He proved his in ring ability and managed to steal the spotlights in almost all the money in the bank ladder matches. He could wrestle and he could fly. Could you imagine legendary matches between him and Daniel Bryan? A man can dream.

Carlito: Another talented young man that was victim to backstage politics. I'm sure he wouldn't want to go back and I'm sure there's enough members backstage that wouldn't want him back, but I'd want him back. Right as he was gaining momentum and getting over with the crowd, he really started showing the audience how good he was. He could cut a decent promo and he had ability. I would love him back.

Kurt: What can I say that hasn't already been said? Kurt Angle is a phenomenal wrestler that could really help the WWE out. He's far better off with the WWE in my opinion and that's where he needs to go.

John Morrison: Ever since his injury, Morrison was on a terrible losing streak. However, right before that, Morrison was on fire. Although he may be seen as more of a spot monkey, he put on some great matches and I think everyone can appreciate his atheleticism.

Paul & Brian: These guys were an absolutely amazing tag team. They need to come back and revive the corpse that is the tag team division. Plain and simple.

Kaval: It was an absolute shame that the WWE used him so poorly. He was the whipping boy of NXT and Smackdown. He was undeserving of the treatment he got. He won two matches. He freaking lost to Chavo Guererro, the biggest jobber at that time. You know you're nothing when you lose to Chavo. Kaval could have brought prestige to titles like the U.S. and Intercontinental. He wasn't great at cutting promos, but he clearly spoke through action. Plus, a feud with Daniel Bryan would put both those guys on the map. Have you seen those two work together? Legen... wait for it.... dary.

Taijiri: Although I can't remember if he retired or not, Taijiri was a great wrestler. If you notice, a lot of the guys I chose are considered cruiserweights. I want the cruiserweight division to come back. I hate having a show dominated by roid monsters. I want some fast paced action to balance out the slower methodical pace of the other wrestlers. Taijiri, Mysterio, Kaval, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Billy Kidman, and John Morrison would make the division fun again.

Billy Kidman: Give him his full moveset and let him wrestle like he did in WCW and we would have a winner. Plus, everything else I said about the cruiserweight division.

Wow, lots of good possibilities here.

Of course, Angle is almost a no-brainer. I say almost since it seems he is a little nuts backstange anymore, but I would just hope he could stay in line if he were back in the E. How likely it is, I don't know, since he's got other things going on for a while, but it would be nice to see him retire after coming back to WWE.

The one's I would personally really like to see:

RVD- May have been a little lackluster toward the end of his run in WWE, but I've always loved him, he can still put on a good show.

Jeff Hardy- Again, not without his issues, but would love to see him back, always been a fan.

Lesnar- Yeah I know, highly unlikely, but this thread isn't about likely. Even if it's not full time, wouldn't be bad.

Kurt Angle, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Kaval and RVD all round out my wish list of talent I would love to see return to the WWE. However being a Carolinian I would like to see Matt Hardy pull himself together and get back in the WWE.

I think WWE needs to bring back older guys, from the 2000-2003. Like Taz, The Dudleys, Albert, Raven, Hardcore Holly, Lance Storm, Billy Gunn and so on. I mean, as long as they bring back the Hardcore title as well. i watched the Tommy Dreamer vs raven match in TNA and they can still go at it like they were in WWF/E. even if you didn't like the hardcore aspect of WWF, it would give guys air time( I.E if the title was on 24/7 rules) and make the shows more exciting again. because you can have like say, taz win the title on raw, then Gunn takes it from him during the week, like superstars or something, then albert takes it on smackdown then raven takes it to raw and so on. Have the title go from brand to brand. I always enjoyed watching to see who had the title during the week and who won it and the fights where awesome.:raven::robvandam::taijiri::sabu2:

I think it would be cool 2 have HBK come back from 8-12 months as a GM. Then u have him join up with HHH for one last run as DX and they could be the 2 GMs. Then they get in a heated rivalry with some1 good like when they faced the Mcmahons not when they faced Legacy. Then HBK decides 2 have his last match with HHH at Wrestlemania and big surprise HHH retires after the match also so they celebrate 1 last time together and both retire. Another supersstars would be like Lita and make Snooki a full time diva(since Jersey Shore is ending soon). For the guys i would have Batista and havve Steve Austin have 1 last match. i also would like 2 c Jeff Hardy,Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesner

ps. I am really excited cuzz this is my first time responding 2 a thread!

Edge on commentary - speaks for itself.

Armando Alejandro Estrada - this guy would've been dynamite if he was used as Alberto Del Rio's manager instead of Ricardo (not that I have anything against RR, he was probably the most entertaining part of Del Rio's gimmick).

Al Snow as GM of Raw - seriously, picture it, maybe just for a little bit.

DH Smith - wasted talent.

Kaval/Loki - hear you need some help in the cruiserweight division?

Mr. Kennedy - the guy was pure gold, just needed to iron out the creases in the ring a bit.

Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar - one more Wrestlemania match.

There's alot of guys I'd like to see come back. If I had to narrow it down to one, I'd say Kurt Angle.

TNA is too small a stage for a wrestler with his talent and intensity. An Angle vs CM Punk match would be epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back