• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should enter the Hall of Fame??

Other than the obvious, I think I would have to go with:

1. The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith. In addition to being one of the most popular tag team wrestlers the WWE ever had, the Bulldog showed time and time again that he wasn't just a power guy. This guy put on some incredible technical matches too. He never gets appreciated for his actual in-ring ability, he is always looked at as a power/strong man type who just let his strength do the talking...and that couldn't have been any further from the truth. He was incredibly strong, yes...but he was a highly skilled technical wrestler as well.

2. The Fabulous Freebirds. Michael P.S. Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy. Having the Von Erichs in the WWE Hall of Fame without the Freebirds to compliment them doesn't seem right. The Von Erichs would not be in the HOF without their legendary feuds with the Freebirds, so it only seems fitting to induct their counterparts.

3. This one may be too obvious, but the Road Warriors/LOD, including Paul Ellering. Greatest tag team of all-time. For me, there is simply no debate, no discussion about this. There are Animal and Hawk, and then everybody else. No offense to the Midnight Express, the Rock and Roll Express, or any other tag team that gets mentioned, but none of you deserve induction before the Road Warriors do.

4. The Honky Tonk Man. Seriously. If Koko B. Ware gets in, Honky should. He only had the Intercontinental belt for like 50 straight years. (okay, that's an exaggeration). If the WWE wants to bill him as the greatest Intercontinental champion of all time, back the claim up by inducting him.

5. How about Mil Mascaras? He is probably only the greatest Mexican wrestler of all time...nothing much.

6. Bruiser Brody. Legend. No explanation needed.

7. Barry Windham. If its going to be a WCW themed HOF this year, the son of Blackjack Mulligan isn't a bad choice.

8. Giant Baba. Almost as legendary in Japan as Antonio Inoki, who is already in.

9. Jake the Snake Roberts. How isn't he in yet? His promos were not only dark and intimidating, but brilliant. Every active wrestler in every wrestling promotion on the planet could learn something or too about effectively using psychology in a promo from the Snake.

10. The Lariat, Stan Hansen. Nasty, nasty, brutal strikes. This guy could fucking hurt you.

11. Jushin "Thunder" Liger or Great Muta. Pick one.

12. Dynamite Kid. I didn't like him as a kid as much as I liked Davey Boy, but Dynamite is probably one of the top 10 technical wrestlers ever.

13. Arn Anderson. Naitch's right hand man for two decades.

14. Bam Bam Bigelow. To this day, I have never seen another man as big as Bam Bam, move like Bam Bam.

15. It's time. It's time! IT'S VADER TIME!

The fact that Bruno Sammartino, the MOST DOMINATE Wrestling Heavy Champ, EVER is not in the WWE Hall of Fame is an absolute disgrace! That's right...I said it! MOST DOMINATE CHAMPION! Easily more than Flair, Hogan, Austin, Hart, Michaels, Rock, HHH, even Backlund (whose reign as WWE Champ is also impressive)!

In this instance, I am not talking about merchandise sales, talk show appearances, Hollywood careers, microphone skills, cartoons, or wrestling cliques. I am talking about kicking butt, day in and day out, against the best of the best of his era, for years; all while wearing and defending the gold belt!

Vince always talks about doing what is right for the business of wrestling...well before you induct all these guys who had NOTHING to do with WWE history (except after when the WWE acquired their wrestling libraries), for example, Verne Gagne, induct the guy who dominated the 1960's and 1970's era....who sold out the great arena Madison Square Garden more times than anyone; the guy whose two title reigns nearly equalled 12 years....ALL of this BEFORE the globalization of Wrestling from the likes of Hulk Hogan and the power of cable television! Despite the fact that Bruno and McMahon hate each other is NO EXCUSE for Bruno's lack of induction! Hell, have Pedro Morales or Bob Backlund or Jesse Ventura accept the award for him but put Bruno in the HOF. Also, Bruno's (and Hogan's, for that matter) place on the WWE 50 Greatest Superstars list was ridiculous. Both should have been listed FAR higher on that list than virtually everyone else (competing for the top 5 with Austin, Rock, Hart).

I gotta disagree with all the Lita love. I used to be a huge fan of hers as I loved all of "Team XTreme" but just because she could fly doesn't mean all that much. I never noticed this that much, but most of the IWC pointed out to me that her great high flying moves were lazy or botched. Mainly her finisher moonsault wasn't that impressive when you looked behind the fact that it was a woman doing it.

If they're gonna induct a great female wrestler, how about Madusa?
She's a 7-time Women's Champion in multiple federations all over the world. She even was a Cruiserweight Champion.

If WWE decides to make the Hall of Fame a WCW theme, I think a good name would be Sting. If Vince is worried about the Star Power of this year's Wrestlemania, headlining Sting could work. Most of you know the guy can still wrestle. If Vince and Sting come to an agreement, one last run to Wrestlemania could be epic. Bring him into the rumble and Start a feud with the Undertaker, both only making here and there appearances throughout Raw and Smackdown. Sting stalking the Undertaker, Undertaker stalking the Sting.

This could be Undertakers last run, and Sting would be a worthy opponent. A match that would bring the biggest two stars during the Monday Night Wars to a final ending. Not only does this match headline Wrestlemania, but it provides a Hall of Fame theme for old WCW wrestlers to be inducted.

I LOVE this thread. Very original. Anyway I know I am going to catch some heat for some of my nominations, but o well. You cant make everyone happy.

Eric Bishoff - Say what you will about the man, but he was instrumental in the Monday Night Wars. His strategy may not have been the most ethical, but it worked.

Sting - Do I even have to explain?

The N.W.O. - Not the clusterfuck that it became, but the core 3.

Raven - The man is pure genious. He may not have been the best wrestler in history, but he had away with the crowd.

Kidman - By far one of the best cruserweights of all time.

The ORIGINAL 4 Horseman - By far the greatest stable of all time.

Whether it is a WCW themed HOF or not, Arn Anderson should be in. There are guys in The HOF that did nothing in WWF/E. Arn Anderson at the very least won The WWF Tag Titles with Tully Blanchard in 1989. Defeating one of the most dominant tag teams in history, and in their prime, Demolition.

Goldberg too. He was one of the most popular and dominating stars in history. Shit! He should be in simply for those chants of his name. lol

I also agree with JBL. He won numerous tag titles, even when APA wasn't the most popular team in WWE. They won the titles and defeated some of the best teams ever, or at least in that Era. The Dudleys, The Hardys, Edge & Christian, The Rock & Sock Connection, just to name a few.

Above anyone though. I think Randy Savage should be in. If it is a WCW themed HOF, he did plenty in WCW so it wouldn't or shouldn't be a stretch for him to get in there. But I would prefer him getting in without WCW. His contributions in WWE in the 80's and early to mid 90's should never be overlooked. Savage had some of the best matches AND storylines EVER as Heel and Face. Every year that goes by and he isn't inducted, makes the HOF seem like sort of a sham. Or makes WWE (Vince) seem way too vindictive.

In sports, whether the teammates or coaches liked them or not, careers speak for themselves. Though Vince and whoever is in charge should have a say so obviously. We shouldn't have to wait for Vince to get over issues with people before we see them inducted. It should be unbiased and based strictly on accomplishments and what they did for the business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back