• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Is In Your FAV 5?

1. John Cena- been a fan of him since i was 12. 7 years later, even though he's changed his character, i stick with my guy. thats the ace. and yes, i will be one of the few people over 17 cheering for him against the Rock and WrestleMania. (go ahead u guys, rip me a new one, i dont care lol) :shrug:

2. Sheamus - im just sold on him now. no doubt he's the clear cut #2 guy on smackdown. powerful, charismatic, unique look. total package. cant wait for him to be in title picture.

3. CM Punk- never was a really big punk fan. but i love him on the mic. the match against Cena at MITB was the best ive seen this year. alot of promise in the guy. hopefully one day he can get a match with my favorite of all time, steve austin

4. Wade Barret - i love a heel that can draw heat just by the sight of him. he makes crowds absolutely hate him and i think he does a great job of it. would like to see him up there with sheamus and randy on smackdown.

5. Triple H- what can i say. trips was the first wrestler i saw as a kid that i absolutely despised. looking back on him now, say whatever you want about him but he is one of the best of all time. plenty classic moments. hopefully more ahead

5-Justin Gabriel-Love his Technical abilities in-ring,love his Acrobatics,Needs help on mic work but thats a boat we will sail when the time is Right

4-Tyson Kidd-Same As my gabriel description,just Tyson had Mic skills, he Is a Misused talent IMO,and Could bring alot to the table if writen in correctly

3-WWWYKIB-Zack is ENTERTAINING,TALENTED,And Can Cut a Promo,Hes over, now its up to the E! to keep him Running with the ball he was handed

2-The GREAT WHITE- SHeamus is The Man Right Now,i think if he was Given the World Tittle he could Carry SD! better then Orton,He Moves well in Ring,Mic Work is Solid, Nuff Said

1-The Miz-He Went From one Huge Fail To Quite Possible the Next Company Face,hes allready the companys spokesman, in-ring Work is Solid,Mic Work is Phenomenal,Character is Great,Should he win A tittle,He Would Possibly Make it Work better this time Arond,But No Not yet,i say give him few more months,Turn him Face, and give him a new ball to run with 2 see where it leads,

Hmm....

1. Cody Rhodes Easily the best thing going on in the WWE right now. The guy has in-ring skills, mic skills, his character has depth and he is taking it to a whole new level. He is improving show by show and it won't be long until he is the top guy on SmackDown! with the World Heavyweight championship around his waist.

2. John Cena I like the guy. No, I love him. He's been my favorite ever since 2002 and I love him for John Cena the man, not the character. I admit he's getting stale, but his recent storylines, including Nexus, has brought out a more ruthless Cena. And I think he'll become 13-time champ at Vengeance.

3. CM Punk Has to be on the list, right? I didn't like him till he cut that smasher of a promo before MITB that actually started all of what is going on in the WWE right now. His promos and matches from then have been classics and he's started growing on me.

4. Mark Henry Never liked him. Not from day 1. But ever since he turned on Cena and Christian at the WWE Draft, he's been on a roll. He is in the middle of a push he has recieved so late in his career but I am enjoying it. He's been booked as a monster who can't be beaten and that's what I expect from him. And he's been doing it lately so he's in my fav 5.

5. Triple H I never expected his run as COO to end this soon. Maybe should've continued till the next year. But anyways, I enjoyed what he did in his reign. The RAW SuperShow and what not, he's helped the WWE in more than one ways (kayfabe of course). He delivered some mind-blowing promos alongside, anyone you name, from Cena and Punk to Truth and Morrison. He had one hell of a match against CM Punk and I guess there's more to come.

1. Sheamus- His face turn was refreshing to me. He is unique and hasnt had a bad match in awhile.

2. CM Punk- I loved him as heel and now Im really digging him as a face. The guy can go in the ring and on the mic.

3. Zack Ryder- Loved him since his match with Christian on ECW. Used to think he was dull and boring but the guy is a breath of fresh air.

4. Dolph Ziggler- Let him lose the belt to Ryder and then push him to moon and beyond. Good looking, good moveset, okay on the mic and will get better with time.

5. Drew Mcintyre- I think WWE is absolutely wasting this guy. He has a great finisher and I really wish WWE didnt throw out his story line with Kelly Kelly. I think he is someone who can greatly benefit from Vickie as a manager maybe bring back Armando Estarda to TV with him.

Favorite 5 "Current" Superstars
1. Cody Rhodes: Great gimmick, great on mick, and awesome moveset. Cody is on a roll. Love the paper bags. I love the classic intercontinental championship. He is cementing himself as a great wrestler and the future of the company.

2. CM Punk: The best on the microphone. Fantastic Wrestler. CM Punk is the full package. Best main event star at the moment. Can have a great feud with anyone, even with guys who aren't great in the ring. I watched the triple threat HIAC match for punk, Cena and Del Rio are irrelevant to me.

3. Randy Orton: He has the it factor, he has charisma, and he is a very talented athlete. Even though I prefer him as a heel, Randy is definitely a top star. Look at his record: youngest world heavyweight champion, legend killer (wrestled the likes of Rock, Undertaker, Foley, HHH, HBK, Hogan). He is carrying Smackdown at the moment. He deserves a longer title run then the recent less than one month championship reigns. And the plus side he is only 31. He is still the future of the company.

4. John Morrison: Despite recent problems with management and current jobber role, Morrison if given the proper push could be the the WWE's next big star. He has the look and he has natural ability in the ring. His mic work needs improvement but they can work on him with that. Morrison has had flashes of greatness. It began when he placed himself on the map by beating CM Punk for the vacant ECW championship. Fued with Sheamus, Mysterio, & Miz all amazing. Performance in Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber matches, astonishing. He has had several title shots and they have all been great matches except he lost the matches. WWE should use him, letting him go would be a great mistake.

5. Wade Barrett: Barrett made a big impact upon his debut as Season 1 NXT winner and leader of Nexus. He also had an intercontinental championship title reign. But ever since his momentum has come to screeching halt. WWE dropped the ball with him. However I think the future is bright for Barrett. He is also has some impressive mic skills. He can cut a promo. Leave him heel and keep him away from factions.

1. Cody Rhodes (hence the username). Great look, gimmick change needed to happen, but will only improve when he drops the mask. Only young, but a good mic worker. The future of the business.
2. Zack Ryder. Woo Woo Woo, You know it. He is really a self-made superstar, and a good chance to become the new US Champ because of it. His gimmick is a good one to try and garner a greater audience as well, as it won't quite resonate with the Cenation, it's too juvenile for a lot of the older Attitude Era viewers, but it hits the middle ground.
3. Tyler Reks. Yes, big call. Reks could have been anything when he randomly popped up to destroy Kaval and join the Smackdown! team for Bragging Rights. Then he disappeared. He's wasted pairing with Hawkins, but he could come back and be the biggest monster heel in recent history.
4. CM Punk. Well we all love the pipe bombs, he is the single greatest mic user in the WWE at the current time, and probably second only to Daniel Bryan in terms of wrestling ability. Being higher up the card, and feuding with better workers, Punk looks even better too. He is not the second coming of Stone Cold, he is the first coming of CM Punk.
5. The Miz. For similar reasons to Ryder, the Awesome one is a great current day stereotype, which I love. He is great on the mic, and improving in the ring. He is not an elite performer yet, but he will get there.

All-time:
1) Cody Rhodes
2) William Regal
3) Shawn Michaels
4) The Big Bossman
5) Road Dogg

It'd be easier to make a top three for me.

1) CM Punk - In my honest opinion, I believe he is going to take over as the top guy in 2012. Sure, Cena will be insanely popular, but he won't be ahead of Chick Magnet.

2) Dolph Ziggler - Sooner or later, Dolph will be in the title picture. To me, he is talented in the ring, up there with Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. He will lose his US Championship to someone to give them a push, and let Dolph finally focus on being the top talent.

3) Cody Rhodes - Jesus Christ, this guy is just good, and him bringing back the old school IC belt, was just classy. He, and as well as Dolph, will be top talents in 2012, in my opinion. They both can wrestle very well and can draw me in with their mic skills.

my current top 5:

1)Sin Caras-anytime they wrestle im looking for breakout match
2)cody rhodes-this kid has suprised me went from being bland to being one of the most identifiable guys in wwe
3)mark henry-this guy finally makes the world heavy weight title mean something and he distinguishes it from the wwe title. the heavyweight title is for heavyweight
4)Alberto Del rio-looks good with the gold and he always bringing out cool cars
5)dolph ziggler-if this guy goe face u will see he is really good on the mic

1. Randy Orton- In my opinion he's this generation's Shawn Michaels

2. The Miz- Like him or not, the man is money. Great on the stick, very entertaining. The best heel on the roster. Always in the media... To me a very close 2nd to John Cena as the face of the WWE.

3. Cody Rhodes- Just doing a great job with his "Undashing" persona. It won't be long until he is wearing the WWE or the World Heavyweight Championship.

4. Dolph Ziggler- Just like Cody Rhodes, it won't be long until this man is wearing the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship. He reminds me of a Mr.Perfect/Ravishing Rick Rude wrapped in one.

5. Alberto Del Rio- I've been a fan since his debut. Great in the ring, solid performer. He is money!

In No particular order mind you...

1. HBK- Since the days of The Rockers, The man has been just amazing... His ability to have matches with anyone is off the page... Just watch His match with vince from ('mania 22), or His match against Hogan (SS '05) His charisma? I think Jerry Lawler said it best ... "There is no one who has more charisma than that man."

2. Triple H - can you tell me that If Eric Bischoff could see what would become of "Tera Rising" he would have let him go to the WWE? Is there anyone more intelligent or who's timing is more impeccable? . This ring general is responsible for (In my opinion) 80%of the "E's" best moments (The drive thru wedding, The Public divorce, The crock, Oh and The guy who was responsible for Austin getting run down) to name a few

3. CM Punk - Been watching the guy since his days in IWA-MS. Oh my god everything he does he makes it work. As Paul Heyman said "Best Performance on Television By A Performer Constantly Handed Piss Poor Scripts? CM Punk" (Heyman knows talent) From being "Straight Edge" To dropping "Pipe Bombs", Punk is entertaining and believable from any aspect (announcing, wrestling, promos) You name it He delivers!

4. Chris Jericho - He is the Lionheart, Man of 1,004 Holds, The King Of The World, The Highlight of the Night, The living legend, Larger than life, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla,The King of Bling-Bling,Moongoose McQueen, and I quote "The only man to ever beat The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin In the same night" all of that along with his Ability to list more than 4 different versions of the "Armbar" (check his 1,004 holds promo) Y2j is undoubtedly in my fav 5.his rivalry with HBK is nothing less than Amazing. Like HBK, He has the same ability to step in the ring with anyone and make them look like they belong in the ring with Y2J.

5.Edge - The man is just awesome, from the first Mr. MITB, to the first man to ever deliver a live sex celebration he is in fact "ratings" edge is the ultimate opportunist and from "the future of smackdown" to the rated R super star, edge could carry a match and he could deliver a promo...and as he said he did things he wasn't proud of but he did it with pin-ash!

These guys right here...oh my goodness, they in my FAVE 5 man:

CM Punk: Since his ROH days he has been one hell of a worker, great on the mic, a master in the ring. And then back in ROH he was "co-signed"(approved) by Ricky Steamboat....he locked in a spot. Glad to see he capitalized on all of his oppurtunites.

Dolph Ziggler: Never thought 'Nicky' would be The Spirit Squad member that broke out. Especially since the focus of the group was almost soley on Ken "Kenny" Doane. But when he came out with the Ziggler gimmick, introducing himself and basically ribbing the whole "Show Respect" unwritten rule...I was in! In ring: dame near perfection, and yes while he says he isn't TRYING to be Mr. Perfect, the slide intro, flipping neck snap...were all tributes to one of my original Fave 5'ers.

Cody Rhodes: I really miss the "Dashing" gimmick, I wanted him to run with that a bit more. The 'tips' vignettes were hilarious, the don't touch the face was almost an ode to Rick Rude and Rick "The Model" Martel. But what I love is how he used that gimmick to morph into the psychopath that this "Damaged" Cody Rhodes is. I've said it before, his character is more of an evolution of the same gimmick as opposed to the instant switches seen today without real explanation.

Like while I like David Huds...Otunga, there is no reasoning behind how he went from being an A-Lister Celebrity Type to silent Nexus tag team thug to lawyer. Yes we know it's his actual backround, but the "character" just flipped without much of an evolution.

Wade Barrett: While being mishandled, IMO, in WWE's midcard...I feel that he is one of the best 'stick men' on the roster. He just commands attention and has a presence when he talks. His in-ring work is okay for a big man, not a fan of the finisher or his constant jobbing. But I feel when WWE does give him the ball, he can take it all the way. Give him Brock's F-5 to add to Wasteland (they have the same setup), that way the victim (kayfabe) doesn't know which one to expect, scout for. My opinon though...

Zach Ryder: While I'd never expect him to be WWE/World Champion, I do want him to have a shot to lead the midcard and test the main event waters. Simply because of his work ethic and refusing to let a horible name and gimmick limit him. He went to YouTube and while I say 70% of it is funny...he made his gimmick larger. I think by him doing what HHH and the brass always said and that's generating attention and working with what's given to you, he has become a good, solid WWE employee and that's almost guaranteed work/pushes. If WWE released him anytime before his YT show with the "Creative has nothing for you" BS no one would've been surprised. Now they 'almost' can't because he GAVE Creative something for him.

Sorry it was long, I need an editor sometimes...

1. CM PUNK- Punk is great inring & on the mic.
2. DOLPH ZIGGLER- Dolph has all the tools to become a great world champion.
3. MIZ & R-TRUTH - These two are a great heel tag team which the WWE needs badly.
4. CHRISTIAN - Love him or hate him, Christian is great at getting under your skin.
5. CODY RHODES - Cody is on path to be one of the all time great IC Champions.

This is actually my first time replying so Id just like to introduce myself and say hello. As a former entry level video editor fo WWE I think I have some insight in the way the broadcast goes. However I digress; heres my fave 5 and why.

1. CM Punk - While I dont hail him as the "savior of wrestling" like most people, however getting the majority of fans to worship you means youre doing something right. CM Punk will get the lengthy title run you all are looking for just give it time.

2. Cody Rhodes - Where the hell did he come from? What happened to the vanilla ice cream that followed around Sparkplug and then Orton? Well Im happy that guy is gone. Cody is poising himself to become a top guy and I hope he takes his time. Lengthy IC title reign followed by a few title changes will make him the perfect candidate.

3. Evan Bourne - The kids got a great arsenal and can sell like theres no tomorrow. I really like the idea of him being a tag-team wrestler and think he is helping the tag division move in the right direction.

4. Randy Orton - I never used to watch Smackdown, until Orton was drafted. He puts on amazing matches and his athleticism is phenomonal. The RKO is one of those moves that can be hit from anywhere making him an instant favorite. Hed be higher on the list but sometimes his body movements make him look stupid. Seriously that tongue move has to go it makes him look mentally challenged. Eugene could sue for gimmick infringement.

5. Brodus Clay - I dont care that he is a blob. I dont care hes never really on raw. Heres what I do care, hes got that intimidating old school big guy look. Hes a monster and a half and just looks like he should be a future contender. Dont see him winning the world title but I definitely see him being an obstacle for a face champion to attempt to topple. My suggestion for him; drop the surname just be "Brodus" sounds more viscious.

Thats my fave five right there. Have a good one.

im a fan of plently of wrestlers in wwe but my top 5 favs are pretty easy.

1. John Morrison- i have been a huge john morrison fan sense day 1 when he was johnny nitro and teaming in MNM you guys can bitch about him all you want but hes great in the ring and imo hes decent on the mic he gets the job done and thts what matters.

2. CM Punk- been a punk fan sense day 1 as well and i frickin love the best in the world gimmick ever sense the shoot promo heard round the world ive become a even bigger punk fan and i tune into raw each week to see what punks gonna do next and i think right now hes at his best hes been in wwe a close 2nd is when he was the straightedge savior leading the straightedge socitey i thought he was gold with tht gimmick.

3. Dolph Ziggler- i have been a big dolph fan for awhile i think hes damn good and i wish he would start using a gimmick simliar to the mr.perfect gimmick but make it his own because i think him fueding with joe hennig would be awesome!

4. Cody Rhodes- thought he was boring when he first debuted,hated him with legacy,thought the dashing gimmick was stupid but then rey broke his nose and it saved his career imo because hes pure gold with undashing gimmick and i thought his match with rey at extreme rules (falls count anywhere i think) was just awesome and i think hes gonna win the rumble this year sense the winner has been picked already and there a smackdown star.

5. this one isnt as easy for me as i thought it would be but i think ill go with Joe Hennig just to be different because i think hes very talented and i think his mic skills are right on par (watch his season of NXT if you disagree) and i think its a shame hes stuck on superstars right now when guys like del rio,otunga,ezekiel jackson,jinder mahal and swagger are always on tv every week and hes better then all of them i really would like to see dolph ziggler drop the title to joe....daniel bryan is for sure a tie with joe with my 5th favorite but i wanted to be different then all you other IWC typical people who will say daniel bryan

5) HHH- hes on the verge to being back as a competitor of some sorts but hes still good as COO
4)CM punk- He was lossing steam for a good minute now hes getting back into the picture with the conspiracy angle with truth, miz and HHH. And cuts the best promos in WWE right now
3)Big Show- Hes been making his presence known since returning and destroying mark henry every chance he gets.
2)Sheamus- the great white, what can i say they're giving him a decent push right now and see him winning either the rumble this year or winning the world title very soon either before or after WM.
1) Cody Rhodes- hes getting the spotlight he deserves and will be in the World Title picture in no time. I see him facing either kane at WM or winning the rumble

1. CM Punk - Everything he does is entertaining. Everything he does is gold including commentary, promo's and in the ring. If it wasn't for him I would not stay up until 4am just to watch Raw Live in the UK.

2. Cody Rhodes - Amazingly talented and has seemingly come from out of nowhere. His character and gimmick just screams ratings and I love how he changed the IC title's image. Makes it look even more prestigious than the WHC.

3. The Miz and R-Truth - I have always been a Miz fan and I liked R-Truth's in-ring ability just hated him as a face. Now he's heel and teaming up with Miz I can't not be interested in him. I love both of their gimmick's and it shouldn't but they both blend so much.

4. Dolph Ziggler - I love Dolph Ziggler and for me he should have been given the push Del Rio was given. Del Rio hasn't even won a mid-card title whilst Ziggler is picking them up like every 3 months. Give this man the world title for goodness sake.

5. Christian - He's just so good at performing with any gimmick. I love how he stole the Spear from Edge and we know now that he's heel its not as a tribute for his friend it just adds more moves to his moveset. One thing I'd change is his attire, his vest annoys me as it seems so childish and his pants are so constantly used. Give him a new look perhaps White tights? New theme aswell please and his titantron is him as a face.

Booker T is straight up hilarious by the way " I had to go to the bathroom, You know that Cole "

5.HHH: Im glad to see him return to the ring. While I dont always necessarily enjoy what he says on the mic, his mic skills can't be denied. He's the true standard for how to work the WWE style within the ring, and he may use the best in-ring psychology within the company. Whatever rols he is needed in, he generally flourishes in, and shows he can have great matches regardless of how long he's off. He's a true star who brings a big match feel to every contest he's in, whether it be a PPV main event or a tag match on Raw. Not many can do that, which makes me like him as a performer all the more.

4. Christian: Ive always been a Christian fan, dating back to his first go around in WWE to his 3 years in TNA. It was in TNA that I began to truly see him as a top star, and my opinion regarding that has only been cemented further since his return to WWE. He carried ECW for a year and a half both in the ring and on the mic, and his body of work has only continued to improve since rising to the main event scene on Smackdown. He puts on great match after another, and he's made a believer of me as a heel as well. In my eyes, he's one of the top 5 in-ring performers in any company right now.

3. Rey Mysterio: Another man that many people in the IWC seem to hate, which I fail to understand. Some of my favorite matches of all-time have involved Rey, dating back to his time in WCW. Has he lost a step? Sure he has. But he's been wrestling professionally for almost 20 years and has had 5 knee surgeries.I know he's injured right now, but he's still technically active. His ability to sell a feud both on the mic and in the ring always captivate me regardless of the opponent, and his facial expressions are phenomenal, as his moveset continues to be. He's the best luchador Ive ever seen perform, and probably ever will.

2. Randy Orton: Bret Hart said it best in his book when he talked about "Never a Wasted Motion." Before Wrestlemania 26, Orton wouldn't have been in my top 5, let alone #2. But since he turned, his in-ring work has improved dramatically. Everything he does from the scoop slam to his closthelines are smooth and appear effortless. Im not a huge fan of his mic work, never have been. But he more then overcompensates with his mic work and his ability to tell a story within the ring. With credit to both men, pick a match in his series with Christian and any of them could have been match of the year candidates had it not been for Punk/Cena. He truly has matured into the top face on Smackdown and a solid #2 overall behind Cena.

1. John Cena: My favorite performer of all-time. I know this isn't a popular choice with many, and none of you would dare put him at number one, but this is an easy choice for me. I started watching wrestling in 2005 again because of Cena, and he's the one two wrestler that I find it difficult to watch the product when he's missed time due to injury. His storytelling, in-ring psychology, and charisma are unparralled throughout every match he's a part of, and his mic skills are parrallel to anyone in the business today. He gets further points for his work with the Make-A-Wish foundation, showing he's a great person as well as a great wrestler. An easy choice at #1 for me.

My Fave 5:

1. CM Punk - The leader of the Youth Movement, he took the ball to the Moon and hasn't dropped it yet. Hell, I expect WWE to let him down before he ever lets them down.

2. Triple H - You can label him a Part-timer or not (to me he is not), he has been with the business, whether it was behind the scenes helping talent or on screen promoting the storyline he's with the WWE faithfully. And he can still go a few rounds.

3. Dolph Ziggler - Speaking of the Youth Movement, He has the panache, charisma, looks and mic skill to eventually propel him into the main event level with Vickie at his side he has the heat to further carry him as a heel.

4. Cody Rhodes - Rhodes can go places with the persona he has, regardless of what you think of it; he has the ability and the tenacity to carry such an audacious gimmick.

5. Zack Ryder - I'm pretty high on the guy, WWE gave up on him but he didn't stop trying; he is persistent and actually cares about entertaining the crowd and he continues to do so (even if he's not on RAW or Smackdown) by using the best gateway possible, YOUTUBE and connecting with the fans directly. Respect.

1. John Cena, night in, night out he finds a way to entertain and does his best saddled with crappy illogical restrictions from the writers.

2. Christian: dedication and and a wily veteran.

3. CM Punk: I love his mic work, but his facial expressions are priceless. His kid in a candy store type reaction to doing solo commentary and ringing the bell while wearing HHH's suit jacket were amazing...

4. Zack Ryder: I respect Matthew Cardona for going out and creating hype for himself to really make his character mean something

5. Mark Henry: Finally found a way to run with a character and propel himself to main event scene.

5A: Mason Ryan: he's going places...I can sense it.

1. CM Punk - Brought me back into wrestling as a full-time smark.

2. Miz & R-Truth - Wildly entertaining, plus they're now the glue that holds the main angle together. Can't wait to see what happens next with these guys.

3. Alberto Del Rio - Great talent, love his ability to get heat. I wish the writers would stop screwing around with his title reigns and start evolving his character a bit, but regardless he's really enjoyable.

4. Juan Cena - I've warmed up to Cena. He's entertaining and being a Cena fan makes the product that much easier to enjoy (we know he's going to win).

5. Cody Rhodes - Was given a stupid concept and ran with it. When has the WWE had a cartoon-ish heel this popular?

Special mentions: Dolph Ziggler, Christian, Sheamus

5...Zack Ryder: Essentially a self made Babyface. Tons of respect to him for taking a really dumb gimmick and getting it over. Also, your next United States Champion.

4...Big Show: I've always been a fan of Show being a face, and now he has the perfect foil in Mark Henry. Show is out for blood. He won't get any (company policy), but he will get revenge.

3...C.M. Punk: Should be higher, but an overabundance of sharing TV time with HHH, and a budding partnership have knocked him down.

2...Cody Rhodes: I can't say enough good things about Rhodes. His in-ring work is excellent, his mic work is even better, and the crowd is really buying into everything he's selling. The only reason he isn't number one is because of...

1...Mark Henry: The true dominant heel that he should have been 10 years ago. As one of the casualties of the attitude era, Henry got saddled with a mildly amusing Sexual Chocolate gimmick, instead of being the killer he needed to be. I'm sure a lot of this was his own fault, but now he's making up for lost time. The only thing that could possibly push his stock even higher would be a victory over a returning, very angry, Big Show.

As much as I hate to do anything that has an iota to do with Booker T...I will participate.

5. The Uso - I really like them in the ring, I LOOOOOVE the Haka they do before the match. I think if pushed and used correctly they could be a very good tag team. Just need the right spot to be brought in.
4. Tyler Reks - I have and always will be a Tyler Reks mark. There is something about the guy that I think could be used very well. If they gave him a dark, feral kinda gimmick and a "handler" type manager, I think he would be an awesome heel, esp with that "dark character" not really being seen lately.
3. Zack Ryder - I was way skeptical to jump on board with the whole Ryder or Riot movement. But the more I watch him and see him in the ring and behind the scenes...I really like the guy...put the US strap on him...
2. Cody Rhodes - This persona he saved, made his own, and made into something special really put him over the top with me. He made something I thought was going to kill him, into something that has elevated him. The use of that "voice" and his speaking pattern really makes him seem like a nut job. Wish he wore Kneepads..but ehh..who am I to nitpick.
1. CM Punk - Love the dude. Everything about him appeals to me. His promos, his personality, his in ring skill. I haven,t really like a wrestler like that since Bret Hart. Hope that at some point he rebels against this Trips alliance that they have forced on him. He is the perfect Anti Hero for what the 'E is trying to do...

5. Mark Henry
Just wow. That is all I can describe the feelings that I've had for Mark Henry over 2011. I went from seeing him as a worthless waste of space to one of the best world heavyweight champions ever. The amount of intensity that each Mark Henry match has brought lately has been terrific, the hall of pain gimmick is working wonderfully, and whoever beats him will instantly gain a whole hell of a lot of credibility.

4. Zack Ryder

Hey, he may not be as important right now as Mark Henry, but, I've watched Zack Ryder work his way up from losing every week on Superstars, through his torrid tag team with Primo, up to his face turn on Superstars and his breakthrough to the main shows. The man is a living, breathing example of what can be done with some spare time and the passion to succeed. He did what no one else has done, to steal another poster's words who's username escapes me, and that is create his own push. For that, he has earned my respect.

3. Christian

Captain Charisma himself! While again, not as important as Mark Henry, I've watched Christian since his debut. Edge and Christian were always my favorite tag team, and Christian has undeniably has had the harder passage to stardom, as while Edge had the backing of Paul Heyman and the look (Don't get me wrong, I like Edge and he deserved it.), Christian spent a few years in TNA. Since that time, in my eyes, he has earned his right in the main event. As a face, the fans get massively behind him, and if you've heard his recent crowd reactions on RAW, you'd know he is now over massively as a heel too. Another example of hard work creating results, and another man that has earned my respect.

2. Cody Rhodes

From the least favored member of legacy to the future's most exciting prospect, that is how I would describe Cody Rhodes' career. His current gimmick is pure brilliance, and he plays it out incredibly well. Escaping from the shadow of his Legacy team mates has done wonders for him, and while Ted DiBiase continues to flounder (and rightfully so in my opinion) Cody Rhodes is thriving both with his title reign and his overness with the fans. Heading into a feud with Randy Orton, it looks like he is the one achieving the main event break through, and if you'd have told anyone that in 2009, they'd have laughed at you.

1. CM Punk

What a year for CM Punk. The abortion that was the New Nexus was making him flounder, he looked to be stuck in upper midcard purgatory. Then, bam! He shows the world what some hard negotiating can do. He shocked us all with the shoot promo pulled off to perfection, he rocketed in popularity and now he is the main event of Raw (with Cena). When CM Punk comes out, I chant CM Punk under my breath, something which I haven't done since I was a kid and The Rock came out. To me, he is the coolest character in the WWE, and that is why he has taken the number 1 spot on my fave five list.

1. Justin Gabriel- Other than his extreme good looks, he is an awesome guy to watch and bleeds excitement. Just wish they would stop making him get knocked on his crotch every time he goes for the 450 Splash early in a match...

2. Cody Rhodes- Love the way his character is going, the stoyline is great and he's doing awesome as champ.

3. CM Punk- What can I say? I think the guy is funny.

4. Sheamus- He definiantly knows how to shut someone up. Plus him vs Chistian is a new one so let's see how this goes.

5. Zack Ryder- Yes! They'e finally letting this kid get some air time! Can't wait to see him in the ring more often!

The 5 who I always watch are:

1. CM Punk - In ring, on the mic...even in the neutered babyface role, he just does everything well.
2. Zach Ryder - His rise has been a lot of fun. Seeing him come out and actually WIN has been even better. He just has such a great story, doesn't take himself at all seriously, (bro), and even his in-ring looks better.
3. Cody Rhodes - I'm incredibly impressed with what he's done for himself. He & Ted Dibiase were basically left by the roadside, when he turned an 80's-ish gimmick into gold. His delivery is perfect, his in-ring work has gotten to where I believe him as an opponent for Orton. I'm looking forward to their feud, and to seeing where he goes with his character.
4. Sheamus - I never thought I'd like him as a face, but he's won me over. He's a monster, and has gotten the crowd behind him out of nowhere.
5. Dolph Ziggler - He has all kinds of things going on...Ryder keeps beating him, Mason Ryan is coming after him, he's co-existing with Jack Swagger and going for the tag titles, while holding the US title (which if he continues to hold for an extended period would be great, to start to give it some meaning again). His character has evolved, and he survived the infamous haircut. His matches have been great, I believe him in the main event picture when they decide to put him in.

The Miz & Truth are next, and I even like Mark Henry of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back