Fav star who wasn't a star

ServantofTwilight

Pre-Show Stalwart
everyone has their favorate superstars from hogan to austin to the rock, but i bet most of us have cheered and loved some wrestlers who never made it to the top of the card or to superstar status. so who were they? mine are...

s.d. jones- as a kid starting to watch wrestling in the early eighties i didn't get to see many main event matches. weekly wrestling shows were our long spotlights for the stars in which they wrestled jobbers and gave interviews. s.d. jones was a jobber but was also a fan fav. while you knew he would lose you knew he would have some offence and put up a fight. before the age of ppv, monday night wars or better events on tv his matches were often the highlight of the show.

paul roma- years before he became pretty, a horseman, glory or even a young stallion roma was wrestling wwfs top stars as a jobber and giving them all they could handle. i can still remember matches against orndorf and race in which i thought roma was finally going to win the match. i was thrilled when he and powers formed a team and finally started winning.

sam houston- i can't explain this one but from the moment i read about him in pwi i was a fan. i was not able to get the nwa until late 86/early 87 and unfortunatly he had left by then but i have been able to get some matches with him in them to watch. i read of his teaming with magnum ta and dusty rhodes and his fueds with the andersons, kruscher kruschev, black bart, buddy landell and eddie gilbert. i was happy( and sad ) when he came to the wwf because i would get to see him wrestle but i knew he would be reduced to low mid card/ glorified jobber. to this day i still watch and look for his matches.

how about you?

I was a big Lance Storm fan, however due to his lack of charisma he never hit it big but in the ring he was excellent man.

I thought Orlando Jordan could have done better in WWE too, they could have split him from JBL and then had both of them go head-to-head and had OJ emerge as the winner and a new face.

Those the two I can spill out now, between me being tired and me trying to not have the school teachers catch me on this site, it's difficult...lol.

Brad Armstrong – He enjoyed moderate success with Tim Horner as the Lightning Express and was briefly WCW Light Heavyweight champion in the early 90’s, but he never really moved past the lower mid-card throughout his career. He was a talented wrestler and was capable of having good matches with a lot of people, but he was primarily used as a jobber to the stars.

peopleschamp said:
Brad Armstrong – He enjoyed moderate success with Tim Horner as the Lightning Express and was briefly WCW Light Heavyweight champion in the early 90’s, but he never really moved past the lower mid-card throughout his career. He was a talented wrestler and was capable of having good matches with a lot of people, but he was primarily used as a jobber to the stars.

I liked Brad Armstrong alot and felt he was not really treated fairly. I think he would have made at least a good NWA Television champ. I also liked The Lightning Xpress in the old UWF. Back in the mid 90s when both Armstrong and Horner came to WCW and started teaming I was thrilled, then they just ended up jobbing each week. They deserved better.

The Rock n Roll Express. I grew up watching these guys and loved watching them.

Marty Jannety. A skilled wrestler, good high flyer just couldnt avoid the drugs.

The White Angel Hakushi - Every one remember Hakushi? The japanese wrestler in the WWF and ECW that had all the japanese writing tatoos on his body? He was the first Lucha-style wrestler I've ever seen in the WWF. He was awesome when he feuded with Bret Hart when Bret was the champ, then he eventually dropped down to feuding with Chris Candido (Skip) and losing to the jobber Barry Horowitz, I thought he was going to win the belt and be a mainstay in WWF at the time. Never really got to see him in ECW though

TAKA Michinoku -The first WWF Cruiserweight champion, and also wrestled in ECW. I remember being a huge fan during the WWF Cruiserweight tourney and kicking Brian Cristophers ass(Jerry Lawlers son) then moving along with Kai En Tai, what a killer stable.

Anybody know what happened with these two?

Y'all may disagree, but my money would be on Shane/Greg Helms. Yeah, he was the Hurricane, but that gimmick was garbage. He is a talented wrestler that hasnt been able to do the matches that he can do...maybe he'll end up in ECW and bring back the Vertebreaker.

I'll think about this a lil more and name off a couple other guys.

I liked the mean street posse, and i thought that juventud guerrera was misused everywhere he went.

D'Lo Brown

Great Wrestling Skills
Great Mic Skills
Great Gimmick
What Happened?
Greatest European Champion of all time!!!!

Oh you better reconize!!!

The Z-Man Tom Zenk. Clearly United States Championship material back when the US title meant something in WCW. He lost to Pillman for the cruiserweight championship and everything went straight to hell.

I always liked Zenk too^^^

The Natural Butch Reed, The Killer Bees, and Dino Bravo.

umm i would have to say....Val venis because back in the day he was awesome and I think he still is and umm....right now actually there is someone and that is scotty too hotty...He was also good back in da day he should be a star...but not in the wwe championship star like united states or cruiserweight star...

Dynamite Kid in my oppinion is the greatest wrestler of all time, he was only really successful in Japan.

Hmmm....tough call....Amazing Red is probably a good choice here. Amazing in the ring, great athletic ability, fan favorite....never really did much, and now he's just...gone?

Oh, and the Ringmaster...wonder whatever happened to him....hmmmmm

sorry it wasnt ted it was jim powers, he wrestling in the wwf late eighties very early 90s, i remember watching him when jumpin' jim brunzell was on. He always wore shiney red tights

I'd have to say... Chavo G during his pepe days... That was real funny... Also Perry Saturn was great... He had good in ring skills and was also funny... He just never made it to the top tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back