• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Behind #August1Warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage29

Dark Match Jobber
Earlier today, Impact Wrestling received the following video via messenger. The envelope was marked with #August1Warning and the subject matter of the video deals with this Thursday's Impact Wrestling Live Spike TV event in Wichita Falls, TX. We do not endorse its content but have been advised to present it "as is". We will have more information on this story as it becomes available.
[youtube]hrFJKHhVQPE#at=18[/youtube]
Very interesting video, no idea who the hell it could be though. Least we don't have to wait very long for it though, just hope it turns out decent which i'm pretty skeptical about.

MODERATOR NOTE:

THROWING A NAME OUT THERE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. ALL OPINIONS NEED TO BE BACKED UP BY AN EXPLANATION. THEREFOR WHATEVER NAME YOU MENTION NEEDS TO BE FOLLOWED UP BY A "WHY". OR YOU WILL RECIEVE AN INFRACTION FOR SPAMMING.

KJ

He's bald for sure.

The outline looks like Low Ki to me. Kinda sounds like him too, even with the distortion.

Well the thing that stood out to me is the ears...They are so big they make me immedialty think of Bob Holly (who just wrestled...or is it will soon wrestle ;) for TNA at the Hardcore PPV

Reading the comments of the video, one of my favorite guesses fans made was Adam Pearce, former multi-time NWA Heavyweight Champion and someone who was in Gut Check recently. I remember when he was turned down, he said something in the lines of "you made a huge mistake" and walking away angrily.

I would like it to be Pearce, but more than likely it isn't and could be someone debuting from OVW or the indies.

yeah I'm thinking it could literally be anybody. The voice sounds like a distorted Hulk Hogan, clearly it isn't him. The head is small and bald, a lot like Low Ki. But if they are having a video vignette and making it out to be somebody of importance, surely it is somebody of a main event like presence. Good marketing idea, makes people tune in to the LIVE Impact, but pretty sure, as usual with TNA, this will be just another nobody or returning mid card act.

As usual...

Барбоса;4477829 said:
It's Sting.

It's always Sting.

:lmao:

I remember reading somewhere recently that Bob Holly was trying to get a job with TNA. God help us all if it's him. .

Kaval or Lo Ki or whatever he calls himself would be cool. I liked the little that I've seen from him.

I'm thinking Alex Shelley.

With Sabin holding the belt, it would make sense for the other Gun to want to prove himself the better of the two.

Shelley could claim his career was derailed because Sabin kept getting injured, to the point Shelley even lost his job. Then Sabin came back, won the X division title, then the World title and now Shelley wants his turn.

Their matches for the X division title were pretty good, so it wouldn't be too horrible to see.

TNA sure does love these mysterious video buildup packages, that much is apparent. And while they are a good way to drum up interest for an upcoming show or debuting wrestler (in this case possibly both), history has proven that sometimes these things fall flat for TNA. Hopefully this time the outcome is different...but I'm not holding my breath.

Either way, the video is intriguing. You can hear the sounds of a gavel, and an old telephone (?). The figure states that he has a "problem that needs to be solved." The silhouette reminds me of a few wrestlers: Tomko, Low Ki/Senshi/Kaval, and Bob Holly, all of whom have been previously mentioned.

Tomko was the "Problem Solver," but in WWE, not TNA. And, he's had a host of personal problems since last being in TNA. The last thing his Wikipedia page [link] states is that he entered WWE rehab after injecting himself with a huge amount of Oxycodone. I'm not sure TNA would bring him back, if he is even wrestling anymore.

I'm intrigued by Low Ki returning, as he would be a needed boost to the X Division in terms of experience and excitement. Bob Holly, not so much.

A mysterious video beats the hell out of a "huge announcement" from Dixie Carter. The two leading candidates are Bob Holly and Low Ki, and judging by the guy's silhouette, it's most likely one of them:

280px-Hardcore_Holly.jpg

th

Being TNA, it doesn't necessarily have to be the person in silhouette, though. The masked men who comprised the first wave of Aces & 8's weren't all eventual members of the group. I'm sure the person in the video is the person we'll see next week, but it's worth pointing that out.

Anyway, I'm thinking it's Bob Holly.

If it is Bob Holly which it does kinda look like him there's only one reason that hes there in impact wrestling and that's to feud with aces and eights and there's no way in hell Shelton Benjamin is that guy because no offense but that guy was bald and Shelton last time anyone saw him had black hair like he had when he first started wrestling and if it were low ki hes there to get chris sabin or manik so he can follow Ares and Sabins footsteps and win the TNA world title

Its either Bob Holly or Low Ki to be brutally honest i think that the sinking ship impact wrestling already is they shouldn't even be trying to sign anybody right now and try to b ring up the developmental talent instead of yet again another ring veteran

Its either Bob Holly or Low Ki to be brutally honest i think that the sinking ship impact wrestling already is they shouldn't even be trying to sign anybody right now and try to b ring up the developmental talent instead of yet again another ring veteran

Sinking ship? Really? Under what proof?

TNA has a lot of sources of where to pull talent from. They have work agreements with AAA, WWL, NJPW and on. It's also not the first time they pull a fast one by having scapegoats perform roles they don't follow up on. There were occasions during the VP of A's & 8's story where he was voiced by Eric Bischoff before it was revealed to be D' Lo Brown. It could be Jeff Jarrett under a mask. Or Mason Andrews/Harold. Who people seemed to have forgotten is bald.

Sinking ship? Really? Under what proof?

TNA has a lot of sources of where to pull talent from. They have work agreements with AAA, WWL, NJPW and on. It's also not the first time they pull a fast one by having scapegoats perform roles they don't follow up on. There were occasions during the VP of A's & 8's story where he was voiced by Eric Bischoff before it was revealed to be D' Lo Brown. It could be Jeff Jarrett under a mask. Or Mason Andrews/Harold. Who people seemed to have forgotten is bald.

Generally paying people late isn't a good sign. ECW had a bad habit of that, until they just quit paying them at all.

Cutting down from 12 ppvs a year to 4 ppvs a year, while employing the man who started the 12 ppv a year concept tends to show a lack of funds.

Lot of the stuff could just be rumors and make believe, but generally where there is smoke, there's fire.

The true telling point could be when/if a huge star like Angle or Sting asks for their release and it's granted. RVD was ECW's biggest star and he just quit showing up once they stopped paying him. Angle might love TNA, doubt he has enough loyalty to work there if the checks stop coming in. Sting either. And we all know damn well Hogan's money is guaranteed through Spike, so he isn't going anywhere but if it was TNA's money and they missed a single payment he'd be gone so fast all you'd see was a red/yellow blur.

I really have no idea who it is but I'm thinking it's Bob Holly. I don't know, seems like the most anti-climactic choice. Especially when they didn't even run this on Impact.

On a fun note, if you reverse the audio of the video you get some more words out of that mystery fellow. "I am not more than one", "August the first" and "This is the truth". I was really expecting some more clues after reversing it but this is also pretty cool. Is R-Truth still under WWE contract?

I wouldn't guarantee that's a bald guy Low Ki seems most likely but a long shot could be Bulletclub from NJPW as Fergal Devitt mentioned coming to TNA a couple months back.

<3ShieldGirl<3 said:
As usual...
&#1041;&#1072;&#1088;&#1073;&#1086;&#1089;&#1072; said:
It's Sting.
It's always Sting.

This went through my head as well :)

My second thought was Steve Austin. He's bitchy, because he doesn't want to hang with The Rock anymore, so why not go to TNA? But his head is a different shape and his ears aren't as... orcish.

heel420 said:
The outline looks like Low Ki to me. Kinda sounds like him too, even with the distortion.
Does look and sound like him... TNA didn't even need a voice modulator, they probably just had him gargle some water every now and then (while speaking).

It was a chump move to not put a cap/beanie/hoodie on him, since the outline is so clear. If they want the fans to frost their trousers over Bob Holly... good luck with that.

Sincerely, I hope Holly isn't the reason TNA fired so much of their roster, but with all the social media buzz, he probably is :(

Well going by the outline in the video and the fact that he has wrestled for the company recently, I'm going to go with Bob Holly. If it is him, then I think TNA are making a mistake. the guy is 50 years old and there has to be questions about how much he can give at that age. Also Bob Holly is not exactly a big name in the wrestling world and if they are hoping to bring him in to help with ratings then I,m affraid that its just going to fail.

Another possibility like some of you have said, is Low Ki and with Destination x know finished the X division normally takes a back seat again but bringing Low Ki back could be a good way of keep the momentum in the division going and could lead to a few good matches.

The only other person that i think it could be is King Mo, and with the guy in the video mentioning something about a rival near the end, he could very well be refering to rampage Jackson if it is Mo.

Going out on a limb here but Scott Steiner :) simply because Main Event Mafia stuff that is happening.Could be way off but I believe I am not :)

Hmm, interesting. I will not get my hopes up because, generally, that's how it works these days in wrestling with regards to debuting wrestlers. You see then, if it is executed well, i'm surprised/happy as it above my expectations.

With those saying Low Ki, I very much doubt it. Reportedly, he has retired from professional wrestling for the time being, going into voice acting, which is ironic as the voice is the main talking point of the video. Still, the guy burns bridges everywhere he goes and we have seen him in TNA time and time again. This wouldn't excite me. So, I say Low Ki is a no go. Bob Holly? Please, just don't. That would be another major LOLTNA moment.

Very hard to hazard a guess, but i'll play along. I really hope this is a new debuting wrestler with a bit of buzz behind him, similar to how Nigel debuted in 2009. Maybe, this man?

DaveyRichards.jpg

He's certainly not bald, and his ears aren't as pointy as the ones in the video, but Davey Richards is my choice, that is if TNA is smart. Apparently, his contract with Ring of Honor expires on the same day; August 1st. Now, i'm not sure if he has to wait a certain amount of time before he can go showing up on television elsewhere, so this is purely fantasizing on my part.

I could see him as a heel or face, tearing through the locker room with a 'wrestling machine' gimmick, similar to how Joe debuted in 2005. Hell, if Eddie Edwards joins along for the ride and we do get The American Wolves in TNA, that would be even better. Bad Influence vs The Wolves anyone? A real tag team with a great amount of chemistry would do wonders for TNA's tag team division. This is all wishful thinking, of course. It will probably be one of the scrubs down in OVW.

I remember reading somewhere recently that Bob Holly was trying to get a job with TNA. God help us all if it's him. .

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Yes, Bob Holly has basically just stuck around the mid-card with one brief stint at the Main Event. Yes, he'll be viewed as nothing more than a WWE cast off. Yes, he is pretty much a bully.

But goddammit Bob Holly is somewhat marketable when they do it right.

He can cut a promo, sure it's mostly just Southern Drawl about how he'll kick your ass (and how) but it's a damn sight better than most of the roster can churn out. Secondly, he probably could kick the collective ass of most of the roster. Thirdly, because it's basically publicly known that he's some huge bully IRL we already have a gimmick that can be used against anyone. Fourthly, metal plate in arm. Fiftly, best dropkick in the business. Sixthly ????. Seventh...-ly PROFIT.

Sure he wouldn't cause the ratings to spike tremendously, but neither has Hogan. He's a solid performer with still some name value, more so than D-Lo Brown, and they kept him around for years. If it turns out to be Holly mostly all he'll do it come out and kick ass because that's what he always does. Plus at one point they made him look like a credible threat to Brock Lesnar, and that's no easy feat.

All being said though, I do suffer from "Entrance Music Syndrome" something that causes me to be a ****** and cling to anyone with catchy ass entrance music. So that could be blinding my vision.

this has it's own twitter.
@August1Warning

August 1 Warning &#8207;@August1Warning 7h

#August1Warning delivered! Pay attention @SpikeTV @IMPACTWRESTLING

August 1 Warning &#8207;@August1Warning 6h

Let the games begin! #August1Warning

August 1 Warning &#8207;@August1Warning 6h

Who is behind #August1Warning?: http://youtu.be/hrFJKHhVQPE I AM!!!

August 1 Warning &#8207;@August1Warning 5h

“ATTENTION IMPACT WRESTLING… SPIKE TV…. AND ANYONE HEARING THIS!” #August1Warning

“AUGUST 1 IS COMING!” “THIS IS A WARNING!” “THIS IS THE TRUTH!” #August1Warning

“I DO NOT WORK FOR IMPACT… I DO NOT WORK FOR SPIKETV!” “BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED” #August1Warning

“I AM NOT A MOVEMENT! I AM NOT MORE THAN ONE! I AM OUT FOR PERSONAL JUSTICE!” “THE ROAD TO MY GOAL STARTS NOW!” #August1Warning

“MY IDENTITY WILL BE REVEALED THIS THURSDAY! AUGUST ONE! LIVE ON SPIKE TV!” “YOU WILL TRY TO GUESS. I HOPE YOU DO! WARN OF MY ARRIVAL!”

for what it's worth this twitter is following 3 people. Dixie, Spike, and Impactwrestling.

in the video there is also the sound of an alarm clock. Davey Richards has a move called the alarm clock.

I would be surprised if it is not Low Ki or Bob Holly and that the person behind the August 1st warning is someone who is the last person anyone would expect and if it is a returning superstar then my bet would be either Alex Shelley or Jeff Jarrett but if it is a debuting superstar then it could really be anyone

Given the profile and the part about solving a problem my initial thought was Tomko but as someone pointed out the 'Problem Solver' gimmick was one he used in WWE.

My other guess was Adam Pearce and those tweets make me think it will be him, with talk of justice and his journey starting here, it feels like someone with a previous connection and subsequent grudge towards TNA.

Gallows is an outside chance but his focus would surely be Aces & Eights where this character seems to be more directly threatening TNA.

Given TNA have started this less than a week before his debut I'm not expecting a big name but hopefully a solid addition to the mid card, which Pearce would be IMO.

I hope it isn't Bob Holly. that would be a huge let down. he is at most low mid card. I wouldn't even put him up to the level of Chavo Guerrero, and Chavo is low mid card.
there is no way if I was bringing in Bob jobber Holly would I give him a video like this. that would be a complete waste of money, and if it is Holly I guarantee you people are going to be laughing at TNA.
I wouldn't be totally against Bob Holly coming in. maybe he could be used in the X division along with the multiple other types. but he doesn't deserve this type of video before a debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back