Which was the Best Match of the Rilvary? Stone Cold vs The Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
im thinking of starting a new thread.....

this is very simple.....we'll revisit some of the best rilvaries in wrestling .... could be from WWF, WWE, WCW, ECW, AWA, TNA/Impact, etc.... and you will tell me which match was better....

some rilvaries last months other years and even go for decades....... but which match is the best?

lets start with one of the biggest rilvaries in history:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock

this guys have battled since 98 till 2003....3 wrestlemania matches.... multiple matches on raw, sd, various ppvs, and we've seen them in regular matches, no dq matches, cage matches, among others but which was THE ABSOLUTE BEST?

In my opinion was their showdown at WM 17, epic match in the best WM of all times. they went for almost half and hour, we saw reversals, near falls, submissions, blood, and at the end after joining McMahon and 15 chair shots later, Stone Cold emerged victorious and became our new WWF champion in front of 60 thounsand plus in the Asterdome in Houston, Texas

the match was great, lasted exactly how much it needed to last, both guys came out looking strong and it was iconic to see Austin turn heel and join forces with Vince

so ......whats the best match in this iconic rivalry? and why?

MY FAVORITE WAS THE PPV AFTER WM15 WHEN ROCK TOO THE CAMERA AND FOCUSED ON THE CROWD AND THEN TURNED TO SEE AUSTIN FLIP HIM THE BIRD AND THEN STUN HIM WITH THE CAMERA! IT WAS AWSOME

MY FAVORITE WAS THE PPV AFTER WM15 WHEN ROCK TOO THE CAMERA AND FOCUSED ON THE CROWD AND THEN TURNED TO SEE AUSTIN FLIP HIM THE BIRD AND THEN STUN HIM WITH THE CAMERA! IT WAS AWSOME

Do you realize your cap locks button is on? Or are you just screaming?

My favorite match in their series was Wrestlemania 19. It would end to be Stone Cold's final match, it had a good build going into it, The Rock was over as a heel, Austin was over as a face, the match itself was back and forth with both men hitting one anothers finishing moves and in the end The Rock finally defeated Steve Austin at a Wrestlemania.

Also one of my favorite quotes from The Rock came during a promo before the match...

"Austin, if Hollywood has taught me one thing. Its that, take one and two, they don't matter! It's take three, that people remember."

I can't remember at which PPV it was.. but it was one of their earlier matches.. the one that SC being thrown over the bridge.. then the next week SC runs over the Rocks car... it was an intense Match with Austin winning but I think that match got the Rock over big time regardless and helped build him into the star he became.

def. wrestlemania x7 what a battle!! austin has said himself this is his fav match with the rock and i agree...the build up was magnificent..and then the outcome was just like OMFG DID THAT JUST HAPPENED that started the bionic redneck phase where he was heal with vince mcmahon great history

Mine was their Backlash match a month after WM15.

They had a great build to the rematch that was very well done in my opinion because even though Austin won the title McMahon wouldn't give him the Stone Cold Smoking Skull belt which lead to some pretty memorable moments. The whole Rock throwing Austin in the river and his mock funeral a week later was some pretty entertaining watching I must say and the match itself was leaps and bounds better than their WM15 match. The match also had one of my favorite moments in a match when Rock was filming himself beating up Austin and when he thinks he has Austin beat he turns around (note on TV you are seeing it through The Rocks camera) only to see Austin flip him off and stun him through a table, classic stuff.

They have had some great matches but out of the bunch this one was by far my favorite, it was the most intense and physical match they ever had and had some great moments as well.

Wrestlemania 19 is when I started watching wrestling but their best match was WM 17. The match was great but the build up was awfull. 19 wins there

Personally I like their match at Wrestlemania XIX the best. The build-up was pretty cool with Rock being heel, and in my opinion, the best evolution of his heel character and he was destined and determined to beat Austin at Wrestlemania. The match itsself means a lot more to me now than it did then with it being Austin's last match and one of the Rock's last matches. The Rock thanking a downed Austin at the end is priceless.

Personally I liked all of their matches. They were each great in their own way. It's between their matches at Wrestlemania 17 and 19 for me. At Wrestlemania 19 we saw Rock finally overcome Stone Cold in a great match making it the best for storyline reasons. Wrestlemania 17 saw arguably the best match of theirs in terms of in ring ability, but it was tarnished a bit by the heel turn at the end. I hated that heel run of Austin's. However I think I will go with the Wrestlemania 17 match as the best because it truly was one of the best matches at one of the best shows during the best time in WWE's history. Even if it did have that heel turn at the end. That's the only thing that stopped that match from being flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back