• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which match was the most emotional for you?

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
The joy in watching professional wrestling is the suspense and emotion that comes along with it. Every wrestling fan at one point must have been emotionally invested in a match whether it be a WWE tile match in the main event of wrestlemania or a 5 minute squash on Superstars. The question here is, which match made you teeter on the edge of your seat in anticipation of the outcome, or evoked some other feelings from you?

My pick is a very unique one as it is NOT a one-on-one World title match. It is the Raw elimination chamber for the WWE World heavyweight championship. It featured Kane, Mike Knox, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Originally Kofi Kingston, and his attacker/ the winner of the match EDGE! I was a casual fan when I watched it and was upset when Kofi was taken out be Edge. However the really emotional part came when Edge and Mysterio were the last 2 remaining competitors. These 2 went at it for what seemed forever, I was so nervous about who would win and go on to wrestlemania that I constantly went to the bathroom hoping that there would be a victor when I returned. However Edge won the match that I was cheering Rey to win. I could go much more into the details of the emotional part but lets just leave at that.

Which match caused you to ooze emotion? Why?

Flair vs Micheals at WM24. My whole family watched that match, mostly non wrestling fans but everyone wanted to see how Flair would go out.

A lot of matches have bought out emotion in me over the years... excitement, hate, awe, disapointment amongst others. A match that comes to mind straight away is Cactus Jack Vs Triple H - Street Fight - Royal Rumble 2000. Mick Foley has a way of making me believe he is innocent and naive when in character, especially as Mankind. The weeks leading up to the match before Cactus was unleashed where the McMahon Helmsley regime treated Foley like crap and cut promos taking the piss out of him...mocking him and generally putting him through it made me feel emotional in the sense that (although I was fully aware it was kayfabe) it was like picking on somebody not quite stable in the mind. When Cactus Jack was unleased it bought out excitment in me and the promos both wrestlers cut before the match were awesome. One of my favourite matches of all time and very emotional right to the end during and after the final bell.

I have to say the CM Punk vs John Cena at MITB. I was there in the second level and I still get goosebumps watching it. I honestly had no idea how the match was going to end because I thought that Punk was actually going to leave and they did a great job with that angle. It was such a great match, back-and-forth, near finish after near finish, and it was just a masterpiece. Great match both ways and the crowd was so energetic that it made it all the better. The ending was amazing, although I wish I would have gone out to see him after he ran right under me out of the stadium

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back