• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What the Fuck?

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Was watching Simpsons earlier, was the one when the fridge breaks and they end up nude. You know the one. They edited out the bit with Homer and Marge fumbling in bed. Carl mentions that he always imagined Marge "to be a dynamo - *jarring edit*". Apparently you're not allowed to say "in the sack". Marge then says "knock it off - *jarring edit*" because you're not allowed to say "you perverts" either, apparently. Next episode rolls around, a Halloween one. It's the one where Dr. Frink's dad gets brought back from the dead and shows Ned Flanders graphically having his circulatory system pulled from his mouth, complete with blood, Principal Skinner having his spine ripped out and countless people having their skulls pulled off and their brains taken out and put in someone's elses head while alive. All unedited.

I'm not saying you should edit it, but if you're going to take out "in the sack" then, y'know, what the fuck?

Might be from separate seasons and edited by Matt Groening's company rather than the tv stations, which is how much editing is done as tv stations don't have time to edit their stuff and the stuff they buy as well that much. I think you're reading too much into it.

Loud Noises!

I'm about to break something...uh oh.

*Music cues "Break Down the Walls"*

[youtube]7R4mX4HFBDU[/youtube]

Channel 4 edit a lot of their shows actually. Matt Groening has openly said how he detests when his episodes get cut up. I'm sure if it were done by the actual company, it wouldn't come out as badly. It also makes no fucking sense either way.

Implied sex bad! Graphic violence good!

Channel 4 edit a lot of their shows actually. Matt Groening has openly said how he detests when his episodes get cut up. I'm sure if it were done by the actual company, it wouldn't come out as badly. It also makes no fucking sense either way.

Implied sex bad! Graphic violence good!

Yeah, but you gotta remember that some edits were done when Simpsons were first Syndicated. Which means that tv was less stringent then. I've seen it myself when it comes to older episodes and newer episodes.

I don't ever remember seeing them edited like that before. I'd also like to point out it's still a "what the fuck?" issue regardless.

What station was it on? Here in Tennessee we have 3 stations that broadcast the Simpson's (Fox, The CW, and the station formally known as UPN) FOX doesn't edit anything, where as more raunchier episodes will be edited. The ex UPN station will edit these episodes minimally, where as on the CW, the episodes will be highly edited. Its the same thing with South Park when its being shown on either Comedy Central or the CW.

Any type of editing is an abortion to the Constitution, and a shot of sperm in the eye of freedom of speech. Put an appropriate rating on the show and let the parents take it from there. I am violently against any and all types of censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back