• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Punk reaction are you expect on Raw tonight?

closet_fan

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Seems some of the house shows (and NXT) have been bombarded with Punk chants while a few have been fairly quiet. Tonight will be interesting in regards to how the chants go out throughout the show.

Will it be overkill? Something along the lines of the "WHAT?" chants whenever someone speaks?

Personally, Batista is already screwed once his voice hits the mic.

Well, those snarky smarks are going to hijack the show. They will not sit there and follow along with they are supposed to do. They will disrespect the performers who are risking their lives for them by chanting "CM Punk" throughout the show. :rolleyes:

Omaha isn't exactly known for it's wrestling crowd. I expect the same as last week: out of sync chants but mostly not much of a reaction.

Wrestler talks about former wrestling leaving wrestling for Hollywood. Fans cheer him. Same wrestler walks out on fans because he ins't being given the #1 slot, fans cheer him harder and complain about HHH's ego.

They're in Omaha. Nobody is going to care that CM Punk isn't there. In fact, I doubt they'll care much that Daniel Bryan or anybody else is there, except for maybe Brock Lesnar. I could see them caring about Brock.

I live in Omaha and agree with the posters above. In the past when they have been here they have basically cheered who they are supposed to, AKA Cena, Sheamus, Bryan. They have also booed who they are supposed to HHH, Orton. If Punk is mentioned tonight I wouldn't be surprised if his name gets booed. They will probably spin it like he walked out on all of you people, blah, blah, blah and the goody too shoes crowd that Omaha is with go along with it. One positive about Omaha crowds is they are usually pretty loud as far as noise goes but regarding chants and I wouldn't expect a high % of that.

On a side note I would be shocked if Batista didn't get a baby face pop tonight, since after all he is still supposed to be a face. Omaha naturally will cheer him because of that. Lesnar if he even shows up might get a good reaction, people love him around here.

Like some of said the city isnt know for its wrestling crowd. That being said a few people could get the ball rolling and the rest will follow. I expect a negative crowd tonight but thats if a few people get the ball rolling. If Brock and Rock show up ( yeah it rhymed) i am sure the reaction will be blunted if not turned positive the rest of the show

Honestly, I hope we can go just one week without constant annoying CM Punk or Daniel Bryan chants. It really bugs me because it ruins the show tbh...I am glad it's Omaha because they are not generally very loud and smarky crowd.

I just want one show where every single fan has never heard of the internet or dirtsheets, but just watches Raw and Smackdown! and sometimes the PPVs.

I expect the crowd to chant "CM PUNK!" when the show starts. I expect them to drown out Triple H and Steph's promos causing them to cry and admit they were wrong. I expect them to turn their back on Batista and Orton when they come out in protest of a Wrestlemania match that hasn't even been booked yet. I expect them to burn all merchandise not related to CM Punk and Daniel Bryan while women and children run for their lives. I expect Vince to come out to try to calm the situation but being so overwhelmed that he calls CM Punk on live TV to beg him to come back. I expect everyone in WWE, from the wrestlers to the janitors to discuss how much Punk means in their lives and how they can't go on without their leader. I expect Cena to cry and admit that Punk is better than him and that WWE was wrong…

…or just a few CM Punk chants, HHH mocking them, The Shield telling the world that Punk took his ball and went home, Roman Reigns declaring himself “the best in the world”, and that’s pretty much it.

The WWE just can't ignore it. They need to do something. Play Punk's entrance music but have Triple H come out to it and cut a scathing promo, basically saying "good riddance". Where it goes from there with the crowd chants, you can't control. But if you ignore it completely, its just begging for harassment from the crowd.

Im sure they will address punk's situation but not in a grand fashion annoucement or promo. It will be a more simplistic and almost not important way.

Tonight's Raw, live from Omaha....

1. Show starts. Announcers are silent, camera pans around the arena. Awkward silence, quickly filled by "CM Punk" chants.

2. HHH's music hits. He comes out with his trademark smirk on his face.

3. HHH grabs the mic, begins his 20 minute one-act (taking up 1/6 of Raw) going off on some tangent that makes no sense. (If you want the E to notice, this would be the point to change the channel.)

4. At some point, the crowd chants "CM Punk" at HHH. He, again, smirks, and addresses the situation, most likely taking a "legit" jab at Punk at some point.

HHH gets his air time, sneaks in a jab at someone he doesn't like, and calls it a night.

I just cant wait for the crowd in Chicago, thats gonna be interesting when wwe goes back there.

I'm sure Vince has that date in the back of his mind to. He still has time to talk Punk into coming back. If he does, he could tell him to take the time between now and then off and then make his re-debut that night.

I'm sick of hearing about CM Punk... We won't hear his name mentioned at all tonight, and i hope we never hear his name again.. CM Punk is a whiny little coward who needs to grow up... Stay away, people like him don't belong in the WWE.

I could almost guarantee Triple H will make some lame remark about it. The crowd will chant for Punk, only for Triple H to say "We can't always get what we want." LIke he did with Bryan not being in the Rumble. I just hope The Authority doesnt come out first and ramble on for 20 minutes, less talk more action. In the case of chanting going on during this weeks Smackdown, they can easily drown out the chants before it airs on Friday.

I JUST NEED A SIGN OF WHAT WRESTLEMANIA WILL BE. I am tired of all this back and forth nonsense. HAVE A PLAN!!

Honestly, I hope we can go just one week without constant annoying CM Punk or Daniel Bryan chants. It really bugs me because it ruins the show tbh...I am glad it's Omaha because they are not generally very loud and smarky crowd.

If there isn't chants, I doubt the show will be good anyway. I haven't watched a full episode of raw in about 7 months because of how poor the writing is. So you complaining about chants ruining raw is a joke.

I don't understand how fans chanting for their favourites is considered "ruining a show". It doesn't ruin anything, it makes it way more interesting and entertaining. If you feel they're "hijacking" a specific segment, it's most likely because they're indifferent to who is out there, and WWE should be taking that as a sign. Especially if it's not just a couple "smarks" but the ENTIRE building.

If there isn't chants, I doubt the show will be good anyway. I haven't watched a full episode of raw in about 7 months because of how poor the writing is. So you complaining about chants ruining raw is a joke.

It's better writing than most of the AE, what show are you watching? Not all of the AE, mind you, DX and Austin were money, but most of the AE was freaking horrible.

It's better writing than most of the AE, what show are you watching? Not all of the AE, mind you, DX and Austin were money, but most of the AE was freaking horrible.

"Horrible" in what sense? In the depths that they went w/ various angles?

Because they weren't horrible at creating captivating television, that's for certain.

I never was comparing it to the AE. I am just saying the show has been shit. And I am not going to watch a shit show just because its wrestling. So ill watch some Daniel bryan matches, punk matches, and rhoads brothers and maybe some shield and Im done. I will fast forward through all the bullshit because the writers on raw are shit. The only good coming from the wwe is from the performers.

Triple H's talent to work stinky "smarts" knows no bounds still. And if there's one thing more obnoxious than CM Punk marks... It's um... Wait there isn't anything more obnoxious than that.

Durrrr hurrrrrr Triple H keeping down the talent by handing them 14 month WWE title reigns!

I think the whole CmPunk shit, is just to get people distracted from D.Bryan.
They get fans to cheer for punk, and if/when he comes back, D.Bryan will be buried, they wont chant for bryan as much ,Punk will be the People favorite again. sorry for my bad english, but i think ppl are stupid not to see this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back