• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Punk in the Dog House

Who knows? Perhaps Punk is frustrated with his current situation in WWE. He only gets the when there's no one else around--Taker injured, hardy quit, Jericho in a tag team.

Then he immediately has to drop the title at the next PPV. The only time he has retained was the "screwjob" match last PPV.

I could see the frustration of being continuously booked to look like a mid-carded finally catching up to him.

And again, the timing just seems to be a little too convenient.

Add to that, this ridiculous notion the WWE has that people give a crap what their "champions" wear outside the ring. Here's an idea, maybe the "champions" should dress like their character would. Imagine that.

I see both points and honestly of what i see there are mistakes on both sides but im gonna have to in a way side with the punk side

Taker should deffintly be listened to i agree. And the whole what about______remark is a stupid high school or middle school remark. If someone that is higher up then you says something as advice,take it. Granted I agree with that but in my mind thats not a huge problem really. As for what Punk was wearing i cant imagine it being to bad. Still unless its like what someone said being covered from head to toe in like TNA gear then i still dont see this as a dog house problem. To me a dog house problem is something bigger like Bad attitude on many occasions,Or Weed problem,or injurying others,or problems with their in ring work. Clothing to me isnt a dog house problem unless its like multible times where it turns into a attitude problem. As for the Cena remark it was a mistake on punks end. Its a imature thing to say really. But still it isnt a huge problem in my eye. Too many things are unknown and probalby will remain that way to discuss the whole issue. Now i know i said im on punks side kind of and it hasnt sounded like it but heres my biggest issue

Ok so he had a few small problems with clothing and making a comment fairness in the lockeroom when he shouldnt. I think everyone has a foot in mouth moment where they should of shut it when they kept talking. Now the thing is though i dont think that something this small deserves to have had a squash title match at the begining of the show. This match was hyped up to be a main event. While this doesnt mean it was supposed to be a even playing feild,still a squash match at the start of the show? Really? Im sorry im not seeing it. Also i think they dropped the ball on punk. He was in the middle of a rise comparable to Edge back in 2005-2007. He had major heat and it was building fast. He was a major heel that became a top player fast. After Jeff it made him seem like a more legit champion unlike his last reign. Now they have him in a squash match at the start of the show and put batista in title contention after? It kinda seems like that puts a halt to the uprising of the heel character of cm punk or at least its full potential. Can they fix this? yea probably there are some ways they could keep it going for sure just its a bummer to see. In my opinion i still think they really shouldnt of put him in a thing with Taker right away. I mean he went from Jeff Hardy to Taker. I think they should of put like 1 or 2 guys between that. Maybe have Rey go after the belt or have someone else go like matt for 1 ppv for revenge for his brother. We will see though what is the future for Cm Punk.

Does anyone envision this happening...Tonight on Raw or maybe next week The WWE further buries Punk by doing this...DX pops up, Triple H is in a suite and HBK in his regular attire, 3H goes hey Shawn you cant be dressing like that, HBK goes well why the hell not Cena does? As we all know 3H always seems to be the leader of kayfabe, But back on topic, This is absurd. The 1 thing I agree with is you should listen to Taker as he is IMO the leader of not just the smackdown locker room, but the 1 man everyone should respect in the E in general. But im not sure of the full situation here, but here's a few things I gotta get off my chest. #1. Punk is a in real life asshole, I know this 1st hand from meeting him back in december 2006 so im not surprised if he was disrespectful. #2. I think "certain people" within WWE "3H/HBK/Stephanie/Hayes" have had it in for Punk before he even debuted so this cant help his case. But this is a blow to Smackdown and a even bigger blow to WWE in general, I dont like what I see in my crystal ball.

Here's the problem with WWE's punishment of Punk--It hurt more than Punk. Actually, I'd go so far as to say Punk really wasn't the effected by it. Not like WWE has made him look strong in any sense of the word.

So, essentially, all that was accomplished was the World Title looks like a sh*t title now, less important than the Diva championship and a Drew-R Truth match. Taker's legacy is tainted a tad, cuz he wrestled a sh*t HIAC match.

Then come 4 months from now when Taker blows out a knee or dislocates his jelly-like hips, WWE will have no legitimate young talent. Then we'll be stuck with Botchtista as champ.

If I can add on to this...I dont know if anyone else thought this but I never saw Punk as a "WWE Guy" Someone who can deal with the travel demands and all the conforming and butt kissing you have to do to get high in the E. Punk is a outcast of sorts, he gets about 4 hours of sleep a night and never doing any narcotics of any kind just might make you a bit grumpy and on edge so to speak "I dont know, Im only assuming" And like I stated before he was a major prick to me the 1 time I unfortunately met him "when he was my favorite wrestler at the time" talk about a buzz killer that night was... The E have been self righteous pricks since Mcmahon bought out WCW/ECW, it shows with their lack of giving a shit about the fans and insulting out intelligence left and right, and shoving Cena down our thraots since 2004 so bad that hald the IWC are complete robots that 1 day decided to drink the Cena Kool-Aid mostly due to being sick of fighting it, oh and everyone who dislikes Cena just does it because it's popular right? Hey it's great that Cena is the Poster Boy, and oh yeah im sure he's all natural, that's bullsh*t. It's not the so called PG Era that I hate because they have always been PG except for the Attitude Era, it's their self righteousness and spitting on the hardcore fans to bring in more casuals that I hate. I hate Phil Brooks but I love CM Punk, if that makes sense. Just as I despise John Cena the Performer but as a person outside of the ring I have no opinion because I dont know what he's like. I really feel like this is more then just a dress code issue, like I said some of the higher up's have had it in for Punk since day 1.

I really fail to see how CM Punk was "buried" last night because I thought he got in alot of offense in his HIAC Match. He should have not made that comment though. This Story sounds blown out of proportion a little to me but thats my opinion. Seems though like Punk got a little to big for britches for bagging on someone else just because they have been there longer than you. I don't think his punishment will last long because Randy Orton has gotten in trouble for worse things and look where he is.

Does taker wear a suit when he's got the belt? Highly doubt it. Im sure the deadman dresses like a biker outside of the ring whether he has the title or not. It's a bit silly really. Punk's character wouldn't be dressed in a suit or anything so why is this a big deal? I understand that taker is a legend and well respected but c'mon. Really? If Punk did respond by remarking on Cena's attire then kudos to him. It's a double standard. The WWE just ruined what was turning into one of the best heel runs with the belt in a while. All because there are some in the E that don't like Punk. Taker wins HIAC? That's ok. But to squash Punk was ridiculous. Another genius move by vince, steph, or whoever thought this would teach Punk a lesson. But, the E seems to shoot itself in the foot quite often over petty bullshit like this.

I agree with the last guy. IF the issue over dress code is even real, I'm sure that after 2-3 years on the road with Taker, and WWE management who obviously loves him...Punk can say "what about Cena?" without it being an issue. I think Punk, being 2 time Champion and the only real STAR they have created in last 5 years, not to mention the heel that carried the brand ALL SUMMER, has risen above the "egg shell" status that young talent goes through. Relax people. They will go back to him in time and he will continue to be a top guy. Taker is just taking the belt again until his next injury.

IMO, this has nothing to do with favortism or anything. Stop thinking of WWE as a wrestling organization, for a minute. Just think of it, as a regular company. CM Punk, is an employee of that company. Now, if one of the top people tell you to do something, then you do it. No Ifs, Ands or Buts about it. It doesnt matter if you don't think it's fair. Hell, life isnt fair. You don't sit up there and reply with some disrespectful comment. You don't sit up there and go "But it's not fair, ___ doesnt have to do it". How childish, can one person be? That's something I'd expect from my little 11yr old cousin, not from a grown damn man. Hell I know people, who have gotten fired from their jobs, b/c of childish/disrespecful comments. Is that favoritism? Hell no it isnt. It's just that, shit like that doesnt fly in the real world. You try that shit, at any place of employment...WWE or not, and they'll get your ass for that. Imagine if somebody was in the military. And they were told to do something. And they replied "but it isnt fair, ___ doesnt have to do it. Or "what about ___" There's no way in hell, an officer would take that shit, from anybody. Is that favoritism? I think not. And I'm willing to bet, that Taker didnt go rat Punk out. If anything, Taker was trying to tell him, before the higher ups saw what Punk was doing. Taker was trying to help Punk, but he didnt listen. Maybe Taker tried to help Punk, b/c he's gotten in trouble for that at some point in his career. Taker wasnt intimidated by Punk or anything like that. He wasnt afraid of him, to the point where he had to go tell on him. It's not like CM Punk, can whoop his ass or anything. I highly doubt that there's a person big enough or bad enough in WWE, to make Taker get scared and tell on them. All CM had to do, was keep his mouth shut. He's the employee. He doesnt run shit. If they tell you to do something, you do it. End of story. If you don't like it, then fine....quit and go work somewhere else. Or go start your own organization. That smartass bullshit, doesnt fly in the real world. I actually loved CM as the champion. But he fucked it up. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson. Hopefully.

Well guys for all of you that says that Taker would never confront Cena, that is not the way it is, because if Cena screws up (thing he won't do because you can tell all you want from him, he is not stupid) he will confront him, anyone for that matter.

A few years ago the "Dress code" was implemented and only two persons where allowed not to follow it: Taker and Cena. (posted here at the time) Lots of complains from guys like Edge and some others, but they all followed suit.

A few months later even though Taker was allowed to skip it, he also started following this(look at any fan site and you will see pics of it), with Cena being the only one allowed to skip it for gimmick purposes. but if you see pics of the guy getting to the arenas and going to talk shows, even that guy (yes, Vince's golden boy) he dresses better acording to the even he attends.

Now, I am not saying everyone needs to get there in a suit, but probably Someone told Taker totalk to Punk before someone else not only talk to him, but "told" him what he should do. It is simple, like in every company, if someone does not like something you are doing (right or wrong) and is the Boss, probably will send someone to tell you to try to change before he tells you to do so in a more "significant" way.

I am not saying Taker is a saint, but do you really thing he likes to tell someone what to do? like most people probably was only suggesting him to do so before someone else were more impositive. Then if the answer Punk gave him is real, that was a ******ed comment, Punk might be the best heel right now, but not long ago he was a midcarter paying his dues, sorry but the guy is nowhere near to compare himself with Cena (and I don't give a crap about Cena), is like if Vince tells something to Cena and he compares himself with HHH.

Also, do you think Taker got the better out of it? Hell no, man, the guy usually has brutal matches inside the HIAC and what does he gets for this? 10 freaking minutes to kill Punk with no Blood or anything more sadistic involved, and also, as the opener (probably being settled as the Main Event). Man that blows. If the Undertaker would like to screw someone over that belt he would have a long time ago. Probably the deal with Batista is only for the Bragging rights PPV and when Punk seems to get what management tried to "tell" him, they will put him back in the title picture and put him as Champion.

Come on, do you really thing it was only one response that put him down? Really, probably there is more into it.

Probably someone trying to get to him for a while now.

I have to say that we have no idea what really happened here.

Even if we take the report as gospel truth, that Taker said Dress better because as Champion you represent the company and Punk said, What about Cena, we still know almost nothing.

Without being at the conversation, we don't know if Punk was arguing with Undertaker ("What about Cena? He wears what he wants") or if Punk was asking a legitimate question ("What about Cena? What makes his dress okay?")

That said, I would think that the characters whose gimmicks are more "real" probably should be dressing close to their characters for kayfabe purposes. If kids see John Cena or CM Punk in the airport dressed as Kerwin White, the Straight Edge Superstar or the SuperCena character does lose a bit. Likewise, Batista shouldn't be allowed out in a No Fat Chicks t-shirt. Some guys, on the other hand, their characters could wear almost anything--Jericho, HHH, Matt Hardy.

Is that really why Punk dropped the title? Maybe, but I really doubt it. Is that why the match was on first? Maybe, but I doubt it--three HIAC in a row would have been too much, a title match starts the show with a bang, etc. Was Punk supposed to look stronger losing than he did? Again, Maybe, but I doubt it.

That is unfair on CM Punk. He's got a point about Cena. So if he was not champion then the dress code changes hey ? Mark Callaway's got standards. Just look at his latest outfit on smackdown. :lmao:

i hardly think that this was such an important issue to go so far as to take the title off punk in the first match of the night to bury him over...a dress code?but like you all pointed out. We dont know what he was wearing so all we can do is speculate. As far as the cena comment goes i think punk made a good point.look at what cena wears. regular street cloths.its not even proper wrestling attire. Same sneakers, same jean shorts, same jon deer style shirt. this is how john cena represents the wwe as champion? But cenas been doing the same dress code for how many years now so its probailly not a big deal to most. but i thought it was interesting punk brought that up. i'll have to wait for more developments on the situation before i pick a side.

Someone mentioned a dress code which Cena and Undertaker are the only 2 who don;t have to follow it? Can someone describe what the rules are regarding this code? Obviously if Punk is not following a rule, then he deserves some kind of punishment - although you have to question the Top Brass for making a rule which only 2 performers are allowed to break.

On a side not, during the Undertakers "Rollin'" Biker era, do you reckon anyone eer said to him "Uhh, Taker, you ain't dressed too much like an Undertaker any more???"

Someone mentioned a dress code which Cena and Undertaker are the only 2 who don;t have to follow it? Can someone describe what the rules are regarding this code? Obviously if Punk is not following a rule, then he deserves some kind of punishment - although you have to question the Top Brass for making a rule which only 2 performers are allowed to break.

On a side not, during the Undertakers "Rollin'" Biker era, do you reckon anyone eer said to him "Uhh, Taker, you ain't dressed too much like an Undertaker any more???"

Now this is interesting because I can remember when Austin got pissed off at the wrestlers backstage a few years back whilst he was a special referee or something and one of the main things was about how they dress when they're out and about.

Whilst I agree that he has a point, to be in the dog house for legitimately asking why Cena doesn't have to, it seems like double standards from my POV and should be the case accross the board or not at all.

Assuming any of it is true, I disagree with the 'Taker. First of all, it doesen't sound to me like Punk 'mouthed off' about anything. He pointed out a contradiction in the logic being presented to him. It's a free country and he's not military, so what's wrong with that? And he didn't say 'no' anyways, he just questioned why he was being signalled out. And quite frankly, signalled out by a guy who has no legitimate authority over him (although there certainly is a perceived authority).

Lets assume for a minute you worked at a job where theres hardly a dress-code to speak of. A fellow employee who has seniority over you, but isn't really in a position of authority, tells you that you need to start dressing in a particular way, even though noone in management has ever said anything to you, and noone else in the company is expected to meet these expectations. Wouldn't your first assumption be that you are being unfairly targeted by an office bully looking to assert there authority? Wouldn't you, at the very least, question why they are signalling you out? What if the same authority figure asked you to do something you were uncomfortable with, or something innapropriate or illegal? You can't just argue that you should always blindly obey your superiors....there are always circumstances that necessitate questioning of authority, and those are dependent on your own personal boundaries.

Also, If WWE management had a problem with Punk's attire, they should have brought it up with him themselves. It's unfair to send a fellow employee to him with what is sure to be perceived as a suggestion, then punish him for questioning that suggestion as if he had just refused a direct order from management. It's also unfair for the Undertaker to have to tattle on his fellow employees because management won't step up and do their jobs. Regardless of my respect for the Undertaker, this story makes him sound like a rat (for lack of a better term). And finally, it's quite a logical leap from the supposed FACT of Punk questioning why it's ok for other superstars but not himself, to the ASSUMPTION that he was motivated by ego or a false sense of superiority in doing so.

In any case, I kind of doubt that what Punk said has anything to do with him losing the title. It sounds like WWE was just looking for an excuse. Also, doesen't the Undertaker usually settle stuff backstage? Something sounds fishy with this story. :shrug:

First of all I didnt find the first match was a squash match Punk did everything to keep the title I thought a squash match was NWO 1 finger drop or DX 1 finger drop was squash Did anyone think maybe the match was put first because of the family friendly way they are sporting these days may have been for the kids who had school the next day Punk has been trying to become more and more like Randy Orton Mr I get to do whatever i want because if i dont i will get my attorneys and a fake Dr to come to the ring and say he has IED or maybe he should have been i quit syndrome Punk should have just listened to the locker room general and changed and now he wouldnt be in the dog house
On another note Dibiase and Rhodes they are becoming worse that Mrs Ortonas far as the rules They had a chance to steal the show last night because of the world title matches being no blood at all but they decide to attack from behind because they know they have no chance against DX because they suck All the 3rd generation stuff is pissing me off because if Ur grandpa was a plumber then you are 2nd generation star Dibiase same thing and Orton takes the cake his father was there just to wear a cast for what 10 years (man that thing must have stunk)to carry Paul orndorfs bags and later Dibiase's bags but Randys grandfather was never in the WWE he was in the the Mid South region wrestling Lafayette la in an empty bread store warehaouse on 4 corners in Lafayette La all of legacy need lessons in respect especially for their parents because if i was in the position Cody and Ted are and Randy RKOs my father he would have an ass whipping coming his way but these days it doesnt matter all that matters is money money money :wtf:

Now, in my opinion, I think this is a pretty lame excuse to force punk to lose in a squash match.

It's a perfectly legit reason. You don't smart off to Taker, the resident legend of the Locker Room. That's just plain dumbassed...though I'm not surprised. It's CM Punk we're talking about. The bitch got over by doing a running bulldog and a shitty knee to the face.

I don't know the details of what he was exactly wearing? or anything like that? But I personally believe that he should be able to dress the way he wants. I understand that WWE would want their wrestlers representing their company well...and that goes for any company with their employers in the spotlight. So I see both sides of this issue.

The WWE is a company that is in the spotlight 24/7. Hell, Taker can't go the Hall of Fame inductions because they want to preserve the "Undertaker character" to the point where they don't want him seen joking around and talking to his fellow co-workers. While I think that takes it too far, telling your wrestlers to keep a damn dress code while on a OVERSEAS WRESTLING TOUR isn't outrageous at all. He's working for the company while on the tour, he does what they say. McMahon has fired people for less, and he will again.

I also don't think Punk was out of line with the remark about Cena.

Why? Because Cena is a bigger star than Punk, so Punk should be able to get pissy and say "What about him?!" like a 6-year old? Please. Punk got called out, tried to be a smart-ass, and lost his title because of it.

Moral of the story? Don't be a smart ass to the Undertaker, CM Punk.

What do you guys think about this whole situation?

It was completely warranted. They had already planned for him to lose the title, so meh. Make him lose it quicker. You don't smart off to the Undertaker, and you don't pull a 5 year old and say "But Cena dresses this way!" The Undertaker wasn't talking about Cena, was he? He was speaking about CM Punk, a star who may be the top heel on Smackdown, but that's not saying much when your next closest competition is Ziggler.

First off, Undertaker isn't his daddy, and he's not punks boss. Secondly, this isnt the military. Third, im glad Punk stood up for himself, kudos. Fourth, punk was targeted. I certainly hope that Punk losing the title etc was not do to his damn clothing. If so, thats the dumbest s*** i've ever heard. This is a guy who isn't on steroids, never failed the wellness policy, never gets in legal trouble, hardly gets injured. I would say he should at least be able to wear what he wants just based off those things alone. I can name so many wrestlers who has gotten into trouble or gotten away with these things in the last 5yrs. You would think being on a clean slate like that, something like that wouldnt even be an issue. For WWE to enforce the rules on certain people and not all, is crock s***. This is a prime example of why wwe cant keep talent or sign any real talent. I hope punk saved alot of his money, if i were punk i'd cut my losses.

I wonder if Taker has gotten mad at Cryme Tyme for dressing like gangsters... Seriously, this story is unconfirmed and seems bogus.

First off, Undertaker isn't his daddy, and he's not punks boss. Secondly, this isnt the military. Third, im glad Punk stood up for himself, kudos. Fourth, punk was targeted. I certainly hope that Punk losing the title etc was not do to his damn clothing. If so, thats the dumbest s*** i've ever heard. This is a guy who isn't on steroids, never failed the wellness policy, never gets in legal trouble, hardly gets injured. I would say he should at least be able to wear what he wants just based off those things alone. I can name so many wrestlers who has gotten into trouble or gotten away with these things in the last 5yrs. You would think being on a clean slate like that, something like that wouldnt even be an issue. For WWE to enforce the rules on certain people and not all, is crock s***. This is a prime example of why wwe cant keep talent or sign any real talent. I hope punk saved alot of his money, if i were punk i'd cut my losses.

I'm willing to bet that this poster has never worked in the corporate world before.

When you work for a corporation, there are rules to follow. You can't just act like you're in high school, be a rebel, backtalk your superiors or veterans of the business, show a lack of respect, and play by your own handbook. There is protocol to follow, and out of respect you follow it to a tee. It's so easy to be most of you, standing on the outside looking in. The men and women of the WWE are ambassadors to an international conglomorate. The rules of this corporation were in place before any of them were even wearing diapers and getting their asses wiped by their mothers. Who are WE to criticize their rules and regulations?

To us, a dress code is bullshit. But try working in a corporate environment and wearing jeans in an office where business casual is the office standard. I guarantee you'll get sent home to change, written up, or possibly fired. If you don't like those rules, tough titties. Keep working at your local McDonalds and Walmart then.

All of you fans that are still in your teens need to check your ignorance at the door and realize that no matter what your views on this matter happen to be, it means absolutely nothing when you are not an employee of the WWE. By working for the WWE, you have been given a priviledge and a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you become so arrogant that insubordination takes over, you're just shooting yourself in the foot. CM Punk has been in the spotlight for about 10 minutes and he's mouthing off to a 15 year yeteran and one of the most dominant and respected names to ever enter the business. Maybe he should wake up, smell the coffee, and try a slice of humble pie before opening his mouth again.

This is a bad move on WWE's part, as it in essence fuels the "IWC" movement even more into claiming old wrestlers hold back younger ones, even if it is untrue.

WWE has, as I understand it a Smart Casual dress code, same as my workplace, which in reality is how you would dress to go "out to impress".

Punk may have simply made the mistake of showing up in jogging pants as opposed to slacks... or trainers instead of shoes... most offices would have someone "have a quiet word"... about it, not bother sending you home, just make sure you do it tomorrow...

Now where Punk has a right to ask Taker "What about John Cena?" is that like Cena and Taker himelf, Punk has a "living gimmick"... traditionally straitedge followers wear black t-shirts etc... not polo shirts and slacks... Cena would be expected to wear his trademark shirts and shorts as he too lives that gimmick... Taker wouldn't show up in a nice paisley flannel shirt with frills, so it's a bit off to expect others to...

This to me comes across as Taker simply reminding Punk that there is more to his duties as champ than simply being over and wearing the right gear... He perhaps sees something of himself in Punk and wanted to give him a friendly nudge, much as previous guys like Andre used to do (by simply ignoring a wrestler)... after all, you ain't pinning Taker unless he lets you...

Or this could simply be Mark Calloway taking exception to how he percieved he was spoken to... telling someone else, and somebody else deciding... right, he needs to be taken down a peg... Vince made that call, Taker is influential but he cannot demand a title... but he can make if difficult by saying to Vince... "This kid spoke to me like a jobber... I don't feel like losing to him tonight... may be next week i'll give it back if he apologises... and in that situation, Vince is always gonna choose the guy he "created" with 20 years in the company over the 3 year guy, who was over when he came in...

This is a bad move on WWE's part, as it in essence fuels the "IWC" movement even more into claiming old wrestlers hold back younger ones, even if it is untrue.

WWE has, as I understand it a Smart Casual dress code, same as my workplace, which in reality is how you would dress to go "out to impress".

Punk may have simply made the mistake of showing up in jogging pants as opposed to slacks... or trainers instead of shoes... most offices would have someone "have a quiet word"... about it, not bother sending you home, just make sure you do it tomorrow...

Now where Punk has a right to ask Taker "What about John Cena?" is that like Cena and Taker himelf, Punk has a "living gimmick"... traditionally straitedge followers wear black t-shirts etc... not polo shirts and slacks... Cena would be expected to wear his trademark shirts and shorts as he too lives that gimmick... Taker wouldn't show up in a nice paisley flannel shirt with frills, so it's a bit off to expect others to...

This to me comes across as Taker simply reminding Punk that there is more to his duties as champ than simply being over and wearing the right gear... He perhaps sees something of himself in Punk and wanted to give him a friendly nudge, much as previous guys like Andre used to do (by simply ignoring a wrestler)... after all, you ain't pinning Taker unless he lets you...

Or this could simply be Mark Calloway taking exception to how he percieved he was spoken to... telling someone else, and somebody else deciding... right, he needs to be taken down a peg... Vince made that call, Taker is influential but he cannot demand a title... but he can make if difficult by saying to Vince... "This kid spoke to me like a jobber... I don't feel like losing to him tonight... may be next week i'll give it back if he apologises... and in that situation, Vince is always gonna choose the guy he "created" with 20 years in the company over the 3 year guy, who was over when he came in...

I think the point is being missed here. I believe that even if CM Punk was facing John Cena or Triple H, he still would've lost that title from breaking dress code overseas. It was a coincidence that he was facing the Taker when he decided to make that disrespectful comment. So, Taker got the belt. Big deal.

I'm sort of torn between the two in this sutiation. Punk does have a living gimmick in being straightedge, and wearing clothes that reflect that, but it can't be all the time. He's in a workplace, for god's sake. He's supposed to follow a dress code if it's a fact that they do. Yeah, it's a coincidence that Taker was facing Punk anyways, and there was a chance that Taker got the title; that's how the story wuold develop in the end. Storyline-wise, Punk now goes on a rampage saying he was cheated out of the title, and doing heel tactic that get him heat. Same thing if Punk went against Cena and HHH.

Now!

this is strictly my personal opinion that if you're the champion, you're expected to be the face of the company (in this case both brand and company) In case of a dress code, you're expected to obey it, same as ANY workplace. If they say "dress this way as it is expected of a champion, like you are one right now" and I'm the champion, I'll do it, no questions asked. Taker noticed that maybe punk should follow the dress code since compared to Cena, he's been around basically half the time Cena has, and a fraction of Undertaker's time in the 'E. If the lockerroom leader says "I'm coming to you first so you don't get in trouble with the higher-ups" listen to the guy.

Point is: When the longest standing employee in a company that's under the spotlight the whole time, take his advice. As for Punk losing the title, that's unkown if it was planned long-term or not, but I think it was. As for the match being put on as the first match of the night...maybe it had something to do with Punk breaking whatever the rule was he broke over there, dress code or not.

Now hold on a second people! I think there's one thing were forgetting!

This is The Undertaker saying this...right? The Undertaker! Perhaps one of the very few guys who still lives under the code of Kayfabe right? So why should the one guy who still believes in Kayfabe, encourage someone to braek it.

The similarities between CM Punk the wrestler, and Phil Brooks the man, aren't all that different! There's a reason his name is CM PUNK! Now there's a lot of speculation here that Punk was being snarky with Taker and getting a bit of an attitude! I think the man was just stating opinion!

Look, I'm a HUGE 'Taker fan, and his reputation is well known throughout the smark community as a lockeroom leader. But it almost sounds as if Punk's not allowed to have an opinion! I'm sorry, but if the man wants to state an opinion, he has a right, I don't care! 'Taker is not his boss! It's not right.

Now that said, I'm aware it's likely 'Taker was going over anyway, and that Punk was going to lose the belt. But he got NOTHING from this match, NOTHING! Where as Legacy, got everything, ACCEPT for the 1-2-3, and came out looking good because of it.

I'm sorry, but if this is all steming from Punk just stating his opinion, it's pure bullshit, I don't care who 'Taker is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back