• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the main reason why people find John Cena stale and boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a combination of his promo work being basically the same thing over and over and over again and his matches. There's only so many times you can listen to someone spout off about how they won't quit, blah, blah, blah. Add in to it his matches are very repetitive as well, and there's your answer. Personally, i enjoyed his character when he was in his rapper\thug days. He was edgy and his one liners were funny. However, he has been toned down tremendously in order to fit into the pg era, appealing more to little kids and their parents. That's not his fault really. I appreciate the effort cena gives and think if he was more like his original thug character it would be ok. I don't hate the guy like many of the posters here seem to. It's the cool thing in the iwc to bash cena. Hence, theres threads like this one. He just needs to be freshened up a bit and it won't be so bland. Also, i don't think the majority of wwe fans find him stale, or he wouldn't sell the merchandise he does. But yeah, repetiveness and no real change in his character the past four years will make anyone stale.

most wrestlers do not win that way, cena gets dominated and then just out of nowhere he wins look at the matches of wrestlers who are good to watch, guys like jericho their matches involve an even amount of domination and the wins are usually set up nicely so it feels like the victory is more natural. and another thing apart from hhh most of the wwe's best (shawn mmicheals, jericho) their not constant winners and are not shown as supermen. and while cena wasn't in the title picture he still got enormous coverage for his fueds with the big show and miz. In his feud against the miz cena was supposed to put the miz over but thats another of his flaws. he just cant put anyone over. and for the career slump, cena has now had 3 years where he has been really really shit

OH CENA HATERS GIVE IT A BREAK! Its the same ol crap different day. You hate cena cuz of this. You hate cena cuz of that. You know whats messed up about that? you all think its cool to hate on another man success. Cena, HBK, HHH, Y2J, hell the whole wwe roster wins their matches the same way. You all hate on Cena cuz you feel small. Yeah he makes millions of dollars doing the same thing, while you all have to struggle and save money to go and see him at a live event & come back on this site & hate on him again. This is what's wrong the world people can't be satisfy with a little piece of hope these days.

On to the topic. Cena does get bored sometimes. This is why i wish the thug/rapper gimmick would come back it goes with his wrestling ability. I know its pg era and he tends to kids but he doesn't have to be bland. I would like to see cena use some weapons on his opponents. He needs that mean streak edge. Thats all that need to be fix.

Older fans find Cena boring because he is boring. Simple as that. I don't care for his in ring style, but he's not terrible. As for his character, try as he might, he's just not interesting...especially if you are an older fan. His mic skills are just not up to those elite workers of the past. I respect him, but he just cannot pull off what he's trying to do, at least to me.

BECAUSE HIS CHARACTER IS REALLY STALE,BORING AND UNINTERESTING. Cena is probably one of my favorite stars in WWE but the problem is people don't want to see an another Hulk Hogan type superhero character it's boring and stale. Just because it worked 30 years ago perfectly it doesn't mean that it should work today. It's not Cena's fault but deny it all you want his character is BOOOOOOORING. I love John Cena and I'm a huge mark of him but as long as creative team don't find any interesting and new character for him they have no right to complain about mixed reactions. His rapper gimmick was really funny and entertaining. Why did they fuck up that character ? Please don't say that nobody would take a rapper seriously as a main eventer if same people took disrespectful,beer drinking rebel seriously why not they would not take a rapper seriously ? Saying that because of children and PG era is an another stupid thought. Today most of the kids love and listen all those shitty rappers and if swearings were bothering children too much John Cena could still be entertaining and funny without all those swearings.

His current character is boring. I'm not entertained by it one bit. It's all creative's fault. I remember that when Cena was a rapper everybody wanted him to be in ME. Why did they turn their back on Cena. It's because of creative's fuck up. They fucked up a great character and give us a stale character that no one over +15 wants to see. Reasons like CZENA knows 5 movez are just little excuses to hate Cena but the real reason of his staleness is his character.

BECAUSE HIS CHARACTER IS REALLY STALE,BORING AND UNINTERESTING. Cena is probably one of my favorite stars in WWE but the problem is people don't want to see an another Hulk Hogan type superhero character it's boring and stale. Just because it worked 30 years ago perfectly it doesn't mean that it should work today. It's not Cena's fault but deny it all you want his character is BOOOOOOORING. I love John Cena and I'm a huge mark of him but as long as creative team don't find any interesting and new character for him they have no right to complain about mixed reactions. His rapper gimmick was really funny and entertaining. Why did they fuck up that character ? Please don't say that nobody would take a rapper seriously as a main eventer if same people took disrespectful,beer drinking rebel seriously why not they would not take a rapper seriously ? Saying that because of children and PG era is an another stupid thought. Today most of the kids love and listen all those shitty rappers and if swearings were bothering children too much John Cena could still be entertaining and funny without all those swearings.

His current character is boring. I'm not entertained by it one bit. It's all creative's fault. I remember that when Cena was a rapper everybody wanted him to be in ME. Why did they turn their back on Cena. It's because of creative's fuck up. They fucked up a great character and give us a stale character that no one over +15 wants to see. Reasons like CZENA knows 5 movez are just little excuses to hate Cena but the real reason of his staleness is his character.

I don't think Cena could have lasted longer in that rapping gimmick becuase of the main demographic and as with other gimmicks, he would have gotten stale and boring as well. The thing with Austin was that nobody had done it before so when he was the first one, everybody liked it but that got stale and boring after a while too.

They did mess up on Cena's character but I don't think the rapping gimmick is the solution. He can still be face but have a little edge to him that doesn't necessarily mean he is turning heel. I believe that would work better than him going back to rapping.

This should probably be in the official Cena thread, but I digress.

I can't speak for the masses, but the reason why I find Cena boring is his character. I have no problem with his in-ring work (other than his inconsistent selling) and he's one of the best mic workers on the roster. It's just that his character is so damn stale.

The guy is just too much of a goody-goody. He constantly preaches about never giving up, doing the right thing, HLR, etc; all of his promos are the same. Those are good messages for the younger fans, but it doesn't do anything for me. I don't need someone to tell me to never give up, I'd rather see Cena be a badass and just snap on someone and get a little dirty; you know, like Rapper Cena.

Another thing that turns me off to him is his constant portrayal of being the underdog. Cena's been champion for most of the last 4 years, and has pretty much beaten everyone. The guy is NEVER the underdog in ANYTHING. Then when he wins, they claim he's "overcome the odds". Though it's not as bad as it was in 05/06, I wish they'd just acknowledge him as the dominant force that his is more often instead of insulting our intelligence by making it look he might not stand a chance in some situations. But that's just me.

Cena can be exciting in the ring, but his character is dull as dirt.

I don't find Cena to be particularly stale to be honest with you. He consistently gives the most diversity in out of ring segments, and within the ring he's in the top ten of performers. What I would say with him, is that the booking of his character direction is a little bit stale. He is rarely outside the title picture, and I don't think it would hurt for him to have a feud or two for a few months that doesn't involve the title. I enjoyed his feud with JBL in 2008, and I'd like to see more of that sort of thing.

LOL WWE is like captain planet now show because it's the exact same thing every week (was watchin raw the other week and coulda sworn it was a repeat) and then Cena finishes with a life lesson for the kiddies.

i think putting merchandise sales and kiddies before putting on a good show for the real fans is the most egotistical self centerd thing ive ever seen. i think when vinnie macs paychecks come before the fans you know its gone downhill.

Greedy Bastard.

First off, he is not the most dull and boring main eventer in the WWE. That would go to everyone's favorite bag-shitter Randall O. Secondly, you are right, John Cena is incredibly stale and boring. But it is not his fault. We have seen from Cena's pre-2008 work that he can work the mic like no other. I mean, look at some of this work:

[YOUTUBE]gkdo8mPTnZ4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]EihybxlGqmw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-nyyNOfw_g4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Ld__sr4fqNs[/YOUTUBE]

Right there proves that Cena is one of the greatest mic workers in the business today. John Cena himself isn't the reason why his character is stale. The material that WWE gives him is shitty. It's hard to be king on the mic when your most interesting material is "WAH WAH, I'm gonna beat you while I respect you simultaneously!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back