• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stop using personal issues to defend the John Cena character

Fallacy: a mistaken belief, esp. one based on unsound argument.

That is EXACTLY what the statement "people only dislike Cena because it is 'cool' to do so" is. A mistaken belief, based on an unsound argument.

Thats not "literally the only reason" to not like Cena, this thread is filled with all the reasons. Just accept the fact that people can have a different opinion than you about a fictional wrestling character.

A fallacy is an argument that uses poor reasoning. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true.[1][2] A fallacy can be either formal or informal. An error that stems from a poor logical form is sometimes called a formal fallacy or simply an invalid argument. An informal fallacy is an error in reasoning that does not originate in improper logical form.[3] Arguments committing informal fallacies may be formally valid, but still fallacious.

And I couldn't care less whether someone likes Cena or not. What I do care about are people making shit up to further their point. A creation of lies in order to bolster their already formed opinion. It has absolutely nothing to do with John Cena, and it has everything to do with an entitled populace that because of the internet, whatever made-up horseshit they want to spew is supposed to be considered acceptable, reasonable, real, true, or whatever. This same problem of saying Cena can't wrestle or he has 5 moves of doom or he has no real charisma or he's boring is the same issue as the part of the population that won't immunize their children, use their religion to harm others or restrict rights, etc. It's pandemic with the internet culture, and it just gets old after a while.

This same problem of saying Cena can't wrestle or he has 5 moves of doom or he has no real charisma or he's boring is the same issue as the part of the population that won't immunize their children, use their religion to harm others or restrict rights, etc. It's pandemic with the internet culture, and it just gets old after a while.

You've gone off the rails. Really. The paranoia about child immunizations is tied in to the "anti-Cena mindset". :shrug:

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. I DON'T LIKE JOHN CENA'S ON SCREEN CHARACTER and it has nothing to do with what other people on the internet say. I don't have "internet buddies".

I've never said that he "can't wrestle" or that he has "no charisma". I know some people have said that and I won't allow myself to be lumped into that group. I don't like the corny, pandering, goody-two-shoes schtick that he's done for 10 years without one single bit of tweaking to his character.

You've gone off the rails. Really. The paranoia about child immunizations is tied in to the "anti-Cena mindset". :shrug:

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. I DON'T LIKE JOHN CENA'S ON SCREEN CHARACTER and it has nothing to do with what other people on the internet say. I don't have "internet buddies".

I've never said that he "can't wrestle" or that he has "no charisma". I know some people have said that and I won't allow myself to be lumped into that group. I don't like the corny, pandering, goody-two-shoes schtick that he's done for 10 years without one single bit of tweaking to his character.

Did you dislike that of Hogan as well? He was the goodie two shoes for over a decade.

Did you dislike that of Hogan as well? He was the goodie two shoes for over a decade.

No. I was a child back then so I loved Hogan, just as I would expect children today to like Cena in the same fashion.

But we're not talking about children being a fan of John Cena. His character is GREAT for kids, and I understand why the WWE doesn't mess with what they have.

If you're an adult male who likes the John Cena character, whatever, to each is own. I take back the "goofball" comment from yesterday, I got a little carried away. But you need to understand why adult men would be bored with, and not entertained by, his persona. And drop the hyper-defensive posture, and all these theories about "why" we don't like him.

They aren't tied together, and I never said they were. Both are just a stupid mindset, devoid of rational thought, and it indicates someone that is unwilling to accept facts. They are SIMILAR, NOT TIED IN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back