• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Cena Tweaking His Character?

No Cena isn't being more "heelish" for fuck's sake not everyone needs to have "heelish attributes to relate to us".

Cena is just pissed off right now. His character is evolving. His character is stressed out and threatened and isn't cutting promos really any different than he has the past year as far as swearing/intensity. It goes up and down with the feud because Cena is smart. You don't cut the same intensity/swearing promo on a guy you beat but he's whining about another shot as you do a guy who you feel stole the title.

No.

He still goes on about Hustle Loyalty Respect.
He still ( in a slightly less obvious way ) panders to his kiddie audience.
CeNation still prevails. :icon_neutral:

His promos might be less corny but he still is the same guy.
He's being more serious because this is a serious story line. He can't be corny Cena against CM Punk, he knows this. He has to step up his game.

The whole "Yankees" thing is tricky though. There are 2 kinds of Yankees. Derek Jeters, guys you hate because they are handsome, good, win, and are highly promoted, and Alex Rodriguezes, guys you hate because they are cocky, shitty sportsman, and it doesn't matter how gifted they are, they choke and are making way to much money.

Cena needs to be Derek Jeter. He'll have his haters, but deep down his haters love to hate him and enjoy watching him even if they watch because they want to see him lose.

I would love for Cena to be like the Derek Jeter of the WWE.

Cena vs Del Rio was the main event Friday night. I was watching and didn't see much that differed from the norm as far as the storyline.

until..............

Punk came out, saved Cena and (disgusted) shook his hand after the match. This isn't really THAT newsworthy, but just goes to show you how much different the storylines are when the WWE isn't in the states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOfK88ZyigE

I hope I don't get a warning for posting this vid as I am not intending to post it in the form of spam

I think it's just Cena becoming more aggressive due to the story he's in at the moment. I think that he's been the Mr. Nice Guy far too long, and this feud has brought out his angrier side (with Del Rio and how he won the belt, all of the CM Punk stuff, etc) It's not a significant change, but it is a nice, refreshing change, and I hope that, to a degree, it sticks around after the current feuds.

The whole "Yankees" thing is tricky though. There are 2 kinds of Yankees. Derek Jeters, guys you hate because they are handsome, good, win, and are highly promoted, and Alex Rodriguezes, guys you hate because they are cocky, shitty sportsman, and it doesn't matter how gifted they are, they choke and are making way to much money.

Cena needs to be Derek Jeter. He'll have his haters, but deep down his haters love to hate him and enjoy watching him even if they watch because they want to see him lose.

I would love for Cena to be like the Derek Jeter of the WWE.

I believe he IS the Derek Jeter of the WWE. Everyone has an opinion about him one way or the other. He's one of the most successful wrestlers in the business with multiple championships. He works for the most dominant company in the business. That to me equals Derek Jeter. People either love him, or love to hate him. Either way he gets a reaction and he keeps the crowd involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back